Thread: Is Pyrethrin banned by the TSA/FAA?

Post Thanks / Like

Is Pyrethrin banned by the TSA/FAA?

I just bought some dusting chemical in the US for my chickens, just to try it out as it seems easier than our method of giving them a bath with anti-lice shampoo. The main ingredient was Pyrethrin. It came in a shaker container similar to scouring cleansers.

Anyway, I was 100% sure I packed it nice and tight in my luggage. Well, when I unpacked at home, it was gone.

It was obviously them. Good thing they didn't touch my other goodies.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Pyrethrin banned by the TSA/FAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post
    I just bought some dusting chemical in the US for my chickens, just to try it out as it seems easier than our method of giving them a bath with anti-lice shampoo. The main ingredient was Pyrethrin. It came in a shaker container similar to scouring cleansers.

Anyway, I was 100% sure I packed it nice and tight in my luggage. Well, when I unpacked at home, it was gone.

Thanks!
    Yes, nowadays, under the pretext of Security measures, we have no more distinction between what was done for security measures and what was done as pilferage if not outright thievery.....my balikbayan box was already opened when I got it at NAIA via PAL and I have nobody to ask, lost some package of goodies for family.....whether it was opened for security reasons in California pre boarding ( I made sure I have nothing which is prohibited inside my box) or it was opened upon arrival at NAIA, who knows?? It just makes you wonder why it takes more than hour for the baggage to get to the carousel for pick up when in the past, within 30 minutes my baggage was already in the carousel....the more than 1 hour delay was explained by somebody, another baggage handler inside the NAIA that this is due to "Union Rules"......for me, the longer it takes for baggages to be unloaded, that "Union Rules" just add more temptation to the baggage handlers......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post

Thanks!
    Amigo Sentenciador, next time buy the small liquid bottles used for dog and cats the kind you find at walmart, and is applied one or two drops instead of powder form since that screams "CHEMICAL" so that's what happenend to your package unless you have a MDS sheet with it but I doubt that.
    Also we use your PI Wash Out product and instead of a bath we dilute and put on sprayer or spray botlle and drench our fowls without handling.
    We just lazy that all!!!! LoL
    Ronco

Post Thanks / Like

As a passenger of an Airline, customers are allows to view the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), website, to find out what they can carry into the aircraft with them. What is permitted and what is not, and how it should be transported.

Good Luck