Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: nesmith sweaters

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

memories and happy rooster year to all !!!

if you were here in 1998 the last of the international derby of roligon was held called the "master breeders' cup" or something like that !

it was sponsored by dong lacson and an unknown 'sonny lagon'.
    in that derby bruce burnett was a first timer guest in the Philippines and also kelly everly from kentucky.

the rest of the gang were 'old timers' jim young of kentucky, ray boles, andy miller & his mom and dad, james pope, and others whose names I don't remember any more.

an overseas phone call was received by lando luzong guess who was at the other end of the line ?
    CAROL NESMITH !!! with him was sergs capistrano.... howdy sergs !!!

it was also that night that the tandem of sonny and bruce came into being (sign sealed)... a short time after that event bruce and carol split-up came about.

hello ray boles long time no see... I love sabong.... tsimis/gossip and truth too....:lol: :lol: cheers people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris teel em we are praying for him and yall as well. Looking forward to seeing him back out there doing what he does best

island671

Thumbs up Blackwater Sweater

I too enjoy the Sweaters from Carol and Chris Nesmith. A friend of mine got a trio from Blackwater Farms and fought their sons and are aswome!!! All air with multiple shuffle.... His percentage with the Nesmith sweaters is about 90%. Im lucky he gave me a stag from this trio and is my brood stag.

Chris,
    I heard about your father from my friend here and your father is in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

:hippie:

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

hello bruce !!!

if you are reading this : I would like to tell you how sorry I am that I did not get to see you while you were here....

lando and dong kept calling me but I could not answer my cell phone as I was very busy tending to my biddies who were having a bad time with the cold weather.

too bad for me... hope you come back again this june 2005 for another WSD.

chris : hope your father is doing well I never got to meet your father when he was here but I hope to someday. Happy Rooster Year more power to you.

cheers !!!

Ray Boles
    Hi Golden Dragon, Will come back soon, last year I went to IloIlo. You still own my heart.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

happy valentine ray boles !!!!

As I said long time no see....

please when you come again do check out us here in manila not only iloilo lassie

I heard you put up a farm in iloilo , good for you. lets have that drink again over at dong lacsons' cockhouse in roligon.

cheers and mabuhay !!!

leila

chris

tell your father were praying for his safe recovery, we all hope all goes well!

Negros Occ. Phils / Binmaley Pangasinan Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris....speedy recovery for your daddy....and thanks for all of your help...since i joined derbies (cf global derby and other promotions) i'd been winning,using your sweater lines..geeeh,
    it's like about above 80% winning percentage...thanks Chris and Kelly... hi to Dalton and Mighty Hunter...

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

hi ray

congratulations on your winnings... keep up the good work.. I'm here to help you anytime you need it!! say hi to everyone! Chris

FILCOBA

Question Re: Blackwater Sweater

Chris,
    Good to see you are posting regular and sorting out some matters.
    Best wishes to your Dad for a speedy recovery.

What about you post a closing chapter in part of the history of the Sweaters. From the other websites and from other American breeders there talk that in the 1980's Dink Fair bloodlines were unbeatable around Oaklahama. Some American breeders say this was due to your father being quoted as anything from a Partner with Mr Dink, to the breeder for Dink, to borrowing/sharing a broodcock with Dink etc.
    What was your fathers relationship with MR Dink and his bloodlines?.

Post Thanks / Like

dink

Dink trained some shows for us to be showed at mid america in the late 80's early 90's. it was a 7 hr. trip for us to the pit and only about an hr. or 2 for dink. They were never partners. my father let dink borrow the 5000 rooster along with some hens with intentions of them showing the offspring at mid america. but the pit was closed down shortly after. still friends with dink. hope this answered your question....

greenwaterfarm

Sweater blackwater

Chris,
    I know that BB sweater is fighting good in PHILIPPINES but they will wait until all the blood line i got from you will grow up and mature. I will prove them that you are still the man when it comes to thie bloodline. i just started breeding last year and i need to wait for at least 2 more years and i will join the wolrd slaher on 2007 using your blookd line. i know you still remember me, I am the one from San Dieog who ordered 1 Sweater Boodcock and 3 hen 1 kelso, 1yyh and 1 gilmore hatch. my breeder in Pangasinan raised morethan 100 roosters from your bloodline and those are already selected. i wish all the luck in your birds and more power to you.

Rogel

Post Thanks / Like

Nuff said!!!!!

I have Broodfowls from the said breeders.........
    Got them 2002-2003!!!!!!!But my mainbroodcock is from Bruce's LORN line........HE is an A>C>E>!!!!!!!
    Blended them together and yet to see how they are.
    All are excellent just MHO..........
    :hippie:

Post Thanks / Like
    Fact is that Bruce was a nobody til Carol leased LAND from him and put his fowl on it. If Bruce has done anything he has sold someone elses hardwork as his own. I would know this seeing as how I know all involved and live within ten miles of all of them all my life. As far as Ray being envious I dont see it. Ray never seems to have any problem at all raising and selling every feather he can. He seems to run out of fowl perty quick for someone who is supposed to be envious of someone else. Carol and Chris dont need me to defend them either. If I rented out some land to someone and part of my payment was fowl that they bred . And in less than a year I am claiming that MY BLOOD is the best without giving credit where credit is due then who could trust me? You cant tell me that the Bruce Carol relationship ended one year and by the next "Bruces" fowl were the better. What the hell can you do in a year or two? Especially since the stock that started all the hoopla was 2year old and older cocks. So those were Nesmith leftovers. Time will tell. If Bruce can maintain the lines doing so well then he is doing something right. But when someone has the highest caliber fowl on your yard and then you get your hands on it for whatever reason that doesnt make you a master breeder. I can take a fifteen hundred dollar trio and give it to the kid down the road. If he sells the first two generations to folks that win does that make him a breeder extraordinaire??????? Does Bruce have good blood? I am sure he does. Does Ray have quality fowl? Yes he does and we all know the Nesmiths have some of the best on the planet. Unless either one introduces pure junk on ther yard they will continue to have great fowl. Because they had great fowl to begin with. Maybe at this time Bruce is just pushing his fowl a lil harder on the public than the others. He is good at selling himself and his fowl. That is why he is so popular. Hes a good salesman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds equitable to me in fairness to the involved persons!
    :sprcool:

Post Thanks / Like
    i highly respect and consider both chris and bruce good friends i will not say either has better fowl i feel they both have great fowl far as im concerened its a personal matter between the two of them i hope they can someday work it out

your friend kenny

FILCOBA

Question Sweaters

Ok Mike nice post.

Would you please add your comments as to where Dink Fair Sweaters fit into this equation.

Ray Boles
    Robjob. I disowned Bruce for the back stabbing and other things he did to me like he did to Carol and Chris. Do not post things that are just your personal opinion and about things you do not know. You said I was envious, do you know me personaly to my knowledge we have never met. I prefer that my name and Bruces name not be mentioned in the same text.

Post Thanks / Like

FILCOBA

about dink: I answered that a few posts back, but if you need more: dink borrowed the 5000 rooster from my father,(they knew each other from mid america), he also trades fowl with mr. jumper: sweaters, kelso, and others. if i can be of more help, let me know, yfis, chris

Post Thanks / Like

robjob

your getting ugly, i think we need to go back to talking about the fowl not calling people names...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoy People!! Where is the love? It's almost the 14th! How about we spread the love around just a wee bit eh? Come on! Give each other a hug!!:hippie: RobJob, let's try and keep any form of aggression out of this forum and just stick to the chooks shall we? If you must let Ray know about your feelings, PM him. I'm not taking sides here. Just don't want to see this thread get ugly and in the process shun some folks who can do a whole lot of good to other cockers by sharing their wisdom and knowhow. We all belong here. There are but a few of you left over there. (a whole lot of us over here! hehehe) Save your energy for the **** and their ilk. Let's keep it civilised folks!
    Pax!:wink2:

ellisgamefowl

NeSmith Sweaters

This post is getting silly . I think the people who are putting down the NeSmith sweaters are the envious ones . I've watched Carol fight the sweaters in alabama for years . They can dominate a fight . I have the old NeSmith sweater blood and they are some of the gamest , hard fighting birds I own . If you can dominate the pits in the south east U.S. and the Phillippines , you've got good birds . I don't know Mr. Boles but from my understanding he got his sweaters direct from Carol . If so , he's got good birds , I don't care what you say . I've watched Mr. Barnett fight his sweaters too , yes they are good birds . But the way he went about getting them , in my opinion was dishonest .
    I'm going this sunday to get the possums from Chris , you buy from who you like . I'd rather buy from the source that made them . See ya sunday Chris , i've got some nice arrowheads picked out for you .

Post Thanks / Like
    robjob,

Read what Mike (Sweater_Breeder) said...

You are obviously a BB fan. So are many others. You may say that BB is way above this, and that's why he is not attempting to clear his name. Or he doesn't need to... But if it was you, wouldn't you want to tell your side of the story if it was legit? Someone here mentioned he knows for sure BB is aware of this site, and this post. Yet, he's not responding. Doesn't that make you wonder if BB has something to hide?
    (Yes, I have heard of nothing but positive comments about people who buys from BB, and it's probably all true. But that only means he's a good businessman, not the best breeder).

Chris,

But the attached ad shows BB as the Blackwater Farm's breeder. I'm sure you father, as the owner, had to approve it before it was posted. When people see this, they would undoubtedly think BB is the man behind the scene, the "king maker" who was responsible for it all... Can you explain this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ndeleon
    Chris,

Do you have a lot of battle stag? Can you quote me a price if I buy 20?

Thanks.

Noel

Post Thanks / Like

bruce

newtogame2, i never said bruce didn't help with the roosters, matter of fact, i thought more of him, than my own uncles... he's listed as breeder because there was no place for railroad worker on the farm, to be truthful, it's a mistake of my father's from way back when, he gave everyone a title, you know, not wanting to leave anyone out... bruce was part of our family for over 20 years. i'm not bad mouthing bruce, it's not my style, yall are the ones quizzing people as to who is whom, just thought you'd like to hear it from someone involved...and i know what he done to me and my family....it's not hear say..... chris

Post Thanks / Like

Ndeleon

call me @ 205-275-1228 or 205-924-0233 we'll talk... thanks chris

james wolf
    robjob, you mentioned Tiny Menenes, he is one of the nicest guys I've met in this sport, true gentlemen! Tiny is a wealthy man & doesn't write for profit, he writes because he loves the sport & the tradition that accompanies it! He has helped numerous Filipino cockers who can't afford to import brood stock with good brood stock at prices they can afford. I've imported from several breeders but still have Tiny's lemon in my broodpens!

Post Thanks / Like
    robjob, please don't down grading war vets!!!!! what did you do to this great country? if you haven't been to combat ( meat grinder ) shut your mouth!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sambali
    u s marine combat veteran nam!!!!!
    and dumb proud of it!!!!! oohrahh!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    sir ray boles, i salute you for serving this great country.....during korean war.......you are very, very game to the max.....god bless you and your family.

sambali
    always faithful

don't walk ahead of me, i will not follow,
    don't walk behind me, i will not lead,
    walk beside me, and be my friend,''

vallejokb

Robjob

Please make this a civilized discussion and stop calling people names. You could disagree with others but still be friend. We should use this forum to gain friends not enemies