Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: billy ruble muffs

Post Thanks / Like

billy ruble muffs

anyone know anything of billy ruble muffs came across some in the hills of tennesee old man had them all around his yard look like green leg hatch with beards

Post Thanks / Like

Re: billy ruble muffs

when i was fifteen around 25 years ago, dam im old lol. my grandfather took me to watch the kemper marley at copper state. i seen most all the big timers turn some roosters loose that week. guys like jimmy jonhson, kit skeens , ray alexander, oscar akins ect ect. The fowl i will never forget where bill rubles muff cocks he showed on the first day. he went 3-1 , lost his fourth to oscar. those muffs where the ruffiest dirtyest fighting cocks i have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

the man in tennesee said he did not know how long he had them he said he had crs and tested to much of his on refreshments he produced i brought 1 cock 3 stags and 8 hens i figured it won't hurt to try them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longheel View Post
    when i was fifteen around 25 years ago, dam im old lol. my grandfather took me to watch the kemper marley at copper state. i seen most all the big timers turn some roosters loose that week. guys like jimmy jonhson, kit skeens , ray alexander, oscar akins ect ect. The fowl i will never forget where bill rubles muff cocks he showed on the first day. he went 3-1 , lost his fourth to oscar. those muffs where the ruffiest dirtyest fighting cocks i have ever seen.
    speaking of rough dirty fighting muffs, does anybody know where too locate some good muffs like described above? I don't care about station, looks, leg color or anything of that nature, just want some rough and tough, old school muffs that were proven short heel, or long gaff fowl. any help is greatly appreciated

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucasemerson View Post
    speaking of rough dirty fighting muffs, does anybody know where too locate some good muffs like described above? I don't care about station, looks, leg color or anything of that nature, just want some rough and tough, old school muffs that were proven short heel, or long gaff fowl. any help is greatly appreciated

Lucas

dont know of any muffs that fit that discription anymore. some rh that a friend bought form ronole morris are close.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to find good Ruble fowl I would suggest that you look in Mexico. That is where Billy sold the majority of his fowl. I've seen toppies in the Mexican shows. Just a suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

I thot his rubles was yellow legged

Post Thanks / Like

i was told by breeder out in mississippi that the original billy ruble hatches wer actually had muffs....

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm sure that's the make up of them I'm sure there is muff blood down the line but I think the original muffs were yellow legged

Post Thanks / Like

Jbl game farm has some muffs don't no much about them

Post Thanks / Like

Lucas
    Try Dr.John Kozura,he advertises in the Gamecock every month.His family has bred muffs for as long as I can remember.His #(940)383-3973...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Try Dr.John Kozura,he advertises in the Gamecock every month.His family has bred muffs for as long as I can remember.His #(940)383-3973...
    I have done some research into his muffs, and heard good things about them. I actually heard ruble, got his start in the muffs from the kozuras, don't know the validity of it, but that's what I've read And been told. anybody got any experience with the kozura muffs, fighting style, or ever see any go; are they as advertised?

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Its difficult nowadays to find good muff blood. Dr. John Kozura is a good source of muff strain. It was said that Billy Ruble's muff came from him. Just curious how much is mr. kozura selling them?

Previously this was thread here about Muff. Below is the link. It might help you.

http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=19490

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you get a hold of ORGALLO.... He's on this site....He sent me some very good stags this year... I believe he got his start with the billy ruble muffs...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kali559 View Post
    I would suggest you get a hold of ORGALLO.... He's on this site....He sent me some very good stags this year... I believe he got his start with the billy ruble muffs...
    I have already been In contact with him about his muffs. Iam very interested, what is their style, and what do they normally weigh? thanks again

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kali559 View Post
    How much is OR Gallo selling his young pair of muff?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Warbats View Post

Thanks
    if you pm him, he'll holler back at u. I don't like too quote prices on others fowl, but in my opinion, his prices are very reasonable.

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Warbats View Post

Thanks
    I'm not sure about that; but I can bet he will give you a great deal.... he sent me 2 stags as gifts.... get in touch with him... hes a good guy and he will treat you rite.....Kali.....

Post Thanks / Like

I have already been In contact with him about his muffs. Iam very interested, what is their style, and what do they normally weigh? thanks again

Lucas
    He sent me 2 stags; on muff/rampuri and a muff/toppy..... I can tell you that both are great birds.... the rampuri cross is very smart and fast too.... very nice thight body; nicely built.... but that toppy cross is rite there with him.... now the toppy cross is a multi shuffler..... and gets rite in there..... fast; side steps and goes in again.... so yes I can tell you fora fact orgallo has some good muff blood....Kali......

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kali. I'll contact OR Gallo.

Post Thanks / Like

I own two famillys of muff fowl, One is a muff toppy fowl that came from John Sears in the early 80's anothe came from the late Butchy Barbattos. The sears come any color legg and when legal have been shown from Neighbors to Vivian Louisiana they are rough tumbling cocks that can cut. The Barbattos have been shown when legal all over the East coast and as far west as OK.Here are some pics if they come out. The first is a sears brood cock it is very hot here today so bear with me.

The next are Barbattos, Well photo bucket is not playing right so will try latter.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucas
    Try John Sears. Last I heard he had the old line of the Berg Blue Muffs.

Mark Marsh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    Try John Sears. Last I heard he had the old line of the Berg Blue Muffs.

Mark Marsh
    anyone have any personal experience with these muffs. any help is greatly appreciated.

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

also mark just too let you know the cock, from you is recovering daily. he should be full strength in a week or so.

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by an old timer all you need is 1/4 muff for gaff he use to show them 3/4 whitehackle 1/4 muff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw greys View Post
    I was told by an old timer all you need is 1/4 muff for gaff he use to show them 3/4 whitehackle 1/4 muff
    that cross should be a monster in the gaff, providing that both families come from good blood, but they should be tough as any.

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jun E. Plaza; July 15th, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jun E. Plaza View Post
    very nice roosters. are these in the pi, or in the states?

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some barbattos muffs

Post Thanks / Like

Billy Ruble Muffs started with the Kozura Muffs. What he added to them could be hatch could be something else. There are several people on this site that have muffs me included. The old Ruble muffs are rugged, the more you hurt them the harder they fight.