Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 103

Thread: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

  
  1. #1
    Member miguelgin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Mga kasabong naka tanggap ako ng liham sa aking mail nais ko lang i share sa inyo at sanay suportahan natin.

    Hello miguelgin,

    MANA founder Rey Bajenting wrote NFGB urging the federation to lead a movement to defend cockfighting against proposed laws that put the sport in danger. (Support this call. Join an online petition. Pls click http://www.change.org/ph/mga-petisyo...-defend-sabong. )

    An Open Letter
    For NFGB
    Through Mr. Manny Berbano,
    Publisher Pit Games magazine,


    Sirs;

    Isnít it about time, that somebody organize a movement in defense of Sabong? Then, if so, would the National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders spearhead it?

    Recently there have been bills filed in Congress proposing amendment to RA 8485 or the Animal Welfare Act of 1998. Mostly these bills call for the strengthening of the Act and the imposition of more severe penalties.

    HB 5849 filed by Congresswoman Bernadette Herrera-Dy of the Bagong Henerasyon Party List seeks to amend the Animal Welfare Act (or Republic Act 8485) and increase penalties for those who have committed acts of cruelty to animals

    Guimaras Representative JC Rahman Nava authored House Bill 6049 that deals with welfare obligations, offenses on animals, and likewise seeks to impose heavy penalties on maltreatment and killing of animals, including by fights between animals.

    These are only two that we know of so far, probably there might be more. The Herrera-Dy bill seems harmless to cockfighting, but the NAVA bill appears to touch on gray areas. There are at least 6 sections in the NAVA bill with provisions that could affect cockfighting or at least inconvenience game fowl raisers.

    Regardless, this generation of bills currently in Congress could actually affect or not cockfighting, the reality is with the current international trend and calls for stronger animal protection measures, cockfighting will always remained threatened.

  2. #2
    Member miguelgin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Unless, we could do something about it, before it is too late.

    Agusan del Sur Congressman Rodolfo "Ompong" Plaza filed a bill to declare cockfighting as part of Philippine heritage. That could have done the job but obviously it did not prosper. If cockfighting is declared part of natural heritage, then it could be protected under Article XIV of the Constitution.

    At present the only laws legitimizing cockfighting are Presidential Decree 449 or the Cockfighting Law of 1974 and PD 1802, amending, strengthening and incorporating PD 449. But many provisions of these PDs have been superseded or amended, by more current legislations, mainly the Local Government Code, and maybe indirectly by the Animal Welfare Act. Cockfighting is now standing on shaky legal ground.

    Moreover, and more alarming, discord and disunity have recently disturbed our ranks.

    The opponents with their might and savvy will surely pounce on the situation. Unless, we act before it’s too late. NFGB should lead the fight and movement to defend sabong.

    Why NFGB? It is simply, because there is no other as capable.

    NFGB is the biggest and foremost federation of breeders and cockers. It is in the position to establish trends in cockfighting. Also, it is well respected that it could persuade other persons, organizations, entities concerned to join the cause.

    NFGB also has the organization. It has affiliate GBAs in almost all the regions. It can easily conduct information campaigns through these organizations. Signatures in support of the cause could be garnered during each of the dozens of elimination and semi-final rounds of the Bakbakan in the different provinces and regions. NFGB may also persuade companies conducting seminars and product presentations nationwide to help. Ads maybe created by professionals to be placed with game fowl media such as the sabong magazines and the TV shows at discounted cost or public service. Posters can be placed in all cockpits. NFGB could do many more.

    Moreover, NFGB can raise the funds. With its influence, capabilities and organization it is capable of raising the necessary funds.

    NFGB indeed can do a lot. There could be no other organization capable of doing so much. It should do something now, not only because of the apparent moves to strengthen the Animal Welfare Act, but also amid talks of a Charter change. How a new Constitution would be framed could determine the fate of cockfighting.

    And, it is timely, because of the coming elections. Our representatives will be reaching out to us for votes, in turn, we may also reach out to them for support.

    By leading this movement, NFGB will be addressing the aspirations of millions of Filipino sabungeros. It will unite the bayang sabungero.

    Today is never too early to act. Tomorrow may be too late. (Support this call.

    Truly,
    Rey Bajenting
    Isang masang nagmamanok


    Support this call. Pls click http://www.change.org/ph/mga-petisyon/nfgb-defend-sabong

  3. #3
    Member ABGF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Roost Top
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    In relation to the international trend re: laws that affects cockfighting, Philippines has more issues to sort out other than this proposed bill.
    ✓child abuse
    ✓juvenile act
    ✓drugs
    ✓PNP recruitment
    ✓OFW issues
    ✓oil regulation issues
    ✓Health issues
    To name a few.

    I'm not saying that there is no direct threat to sabong but if they will jump on this without addressing the major issues in the country whether this bill passed or not is irrelevant to me...

    Namaste

  4. #4
    Senior Member feed rings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH


  5. #5
    Senior Member feed rings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    meron ng 2 kontra sa ating tradisyon kaya dapat wag natin payagan makatungtong sa senado ang mga ito at delikado ang ating minamahal na sport...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    cgurado yan ni anino di makakarating sa senado ang mga yan pag kinalaban ang mga sabungero....promise

  7. #7
    Senior Member feed rings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Quote Originally Posted by akrho View Post
    cgurado yan ni anino di makakarating sa senado ang mga yan pag kinalaban ang mga sabungero....promise

    tama ka pareng akrho, pero di dapat magpabaya ang mga kapatis natin na sina cong. PA at mga kapatid natin sa sport na ito na harangin ang plano ng 2 kongresista na ito.

  8. #8
    Senior Member elben21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bicol, Batangas, Florida, USA
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    My fellow cockers---Don't worry about his proposed laws..It will never happen because this is just like shooting the moon and the stars from above...Don't worry about it and sleep good...95% of Filipinos love this sport even some members of the religious group..Sa amin nga sa Bicol pati pari nagsasabong at palibot at ang likod nang kumbento at flying pens...This proposal will just vanish on the air.....

    Sirs;

    Isnít it about time, that somebody organize a movement in defense of Sabong? Then, if so, would the National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders spearhead it?

    Recently there have been bills filed in Congress proposing amendment to RA 8485 or the Animal Welfare Act of 1998. Mostly these bills call for the strengthening of the Act and the imposition of more severe penalties.

    HB 5849 filed by Congresswoman Bernadette Herrera-Dy of the Bagong Henerasyon Party List seeks to amend the Animal Welfare Act (or Republic Act 8485) and increase penalties for those who have committed acts of cruelty to animals

    Guimaras Representative JC Rahman Nava authored House Bill 6049 that deals with welfare obligations, offenses on animals, and likewise seeks to impose heavy penalties on maltreatment and killing of animals, including by fights between animals.

    These are only two that we know of so far, probably there might be more. The Herrera-Dy bill seems harmless to cockfighting, but the NAVA bill appears to touch on gray areas. There are at least 6 sections in the NAVA bill with provisions that could affect cockfighting or at least inconvenience game fowl raisers.

    Regardless, this generation of bills currently in Congress could actually affect or not cockfighting, the reality is with the current international trend and calls for stronger animal protection measures, cockfighting will always remained threatened.[/QUOTE]

  9. #9
    Member irvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ASU
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Pag na ban ang cockfighting dyan sa pinas Hindi na mga pilipino ang mga tao dyan tandaan nyo lol, not even and my wildest dream that one day it will happen there. Dito lang sa tate nangyari yan dahil ang Kano Hindi marunong mag preserve ng sarili nilang kultura.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    no worries guys, our cockfighting law 74 is 'untouchable', it is defending itself in article 9. anybody who's going to go against cockfighting law 74 is 'sedition'. hey! it's already 38 years old our cockfighting law philippines. it's part of our economy. even the highest magistrates of the land, the executive, the legislative, and the judiciary, cannot stop cockfighting Philippines. it's a law of the land.

  11. #11
    Member 1min.shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Quote Originally Posted by ABGF View Post
    In relation to the international trend re: laws that affects cockfighting, Philippines has more issues to sort out other than this proposed bill. (......) I'm not saying that there is no direct threat to sabong but if they will jump on this without addressing the major issues in the country whether this bill passed or not is irrelevant to me...

    Namaste
    I certainly, without a doubt, agree to what has been mentioned above. Cockfighting has been known to be a large part of our Filipino culture and quite a number of people depend on it as their livelihood. It is common knowledge that there are other priorities that some of these "incapacitated" and "useless" politicians, who actually belong to the "minority", should attend to. They have to understand that the main reason why they were voted to office was to attend to the "welfare" of the common people and the majority and definitely "not" to waste the voting population's hard earned money (their salaries and allocated budgets) by pursuing "ridiculous" propaganda and "senseless" ventures.

    They'd better not forget that in a democracy, it is the "great majority" that has to be served, served "well" with much sincerity and not a "great minority" who find such ideas and moves as "rightful" and goes against heritage and culture. Don't you find it strange where people like these get these ideas?...not me....it's all about going after "popularity" and being able to come with such (regardless of relevance) is a sure way to such.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    many numbers in a tug of war are winners. but how would they say cockfighting is not a pilipino culture. the red jungle fowls territorials is Asian cultural heritage and so there we live. they kill cockfighting philippines, we die. i don't think any from the highest thinks a root banned.

    Cockfighters keeps the nation alive as one. i'll keep on breeding, it's my happiness.

  13. #13
    3BCA FORTBONIFACIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    THE FORT
    Posts
    2,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    sabi nga nila dont understamate the power of money....isa pang dapat bantayan sa tatakbo sa senado si Barraquel Honteveros hawak ng PWETA yan....kaya huwag nyong iboto kahit saang pwesto.
    "LEGALLY ARMED AND PROUD OF IT"

  14. #14
    Member ABGF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Roost Top
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    The politicians who will try to banned cockfighting in Philippines is either crazy or plain stupid.. Their argument of protection against cruelty to animals will not hold water.... Juan will ask them, you focus in animal protection? How about child protection? How many millions of child labor and child abuse every year committed?

    The power of money maybe palpable and the lobbyist may think they have the upper hand and won the battle in America. But not in the Philippines, NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE POOR AND THE UNITY OF THE SABONG NATION if I may say.

    Now, if the Philippine economy will continue to be volatile cockfighting is safe for now... Unless the common Juan, Pablo and Pedro's livelihood improves thus not relying on the game of chance then sabong will still be alive.


    Namaste

  15. #15
    Member 1min.shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    One last thing I can say about this is,.....IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN....at least way past the next century if and when the whole population would be wallowing in money under their own roofs and can provide their families more than just 3 square meals a day.....but again, that would be THE DAY when this scenario should ever happen.

  16. #16
    Senior Member darkmage1721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pampanga
    Posts
    523
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Quote Originally Posted by FORTBONIFACIO View Post
    sabi nga nila dont understamate the power of money....isa pang dapat bantayan sa tatakbo sa senado si Barraquel Honteveros hawak ng PWETA yan....kaya huwag nyong iboto kahit saang pwesto.

    Yan ba yung babae? na linked din ata sa mga Leftist/NPA!
    Kung siya yun talagang hindi ko iboboto yan.

  17. #17
    Administrator Sentenciador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    2,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Sign this petittion. 500 lang kailangan. Kayang kaya natin ito!

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Sa totoo lang po malabo mangyari yun pero minsan meron yung akala natin na di pwedeng mangyari tapos magulat na lang tayo na bigla na lang nangyari yung di inaasahan hehe..parang sabong,binubugbog yung manok natin,ilalabas na lang pambayad natin tapos biglang nangisay yung akala natin na panalo na..kaya mas maganda nga po siguro na paghandaan natin to...suportahan natin sports natin...sya nga po pala gawa din daw sila ng petition,tanungin nila secretly yung mga misis ng mga mahilig sa sabong kung in favor sila sa pagsasabong o hindi hehe....opinyon lang po..

  19. #19
    3BCA FORTBONIFACIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    THE FORT
    Posts
    2,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Quote Originally Posted by miguelgin View Post
    Unless, we could do something about it, before it is too late.

    Agusan del Sur Congressman Rodolfo "Ompong" Plaza filed a bill to declare cockfighting as part of Philippine heritage. That could have done the job but obviously it did not prosper. If cockfighting is declared part of natural heritage, then it could be protected under Article XIV of the Constitution.

    At present the only laws legitimizing cockfighting are Presidential Decree 449 or the Cockfighting Law of 1974 and PD 1802, amending, strengthening and incorporating PD 449. But many provisions of these PDs have been superseded or amended, by more current legislations, mainly the Local Government Code, and maybe indirectly by the Animal Welfare Act. Cockfighting is now standing on shaky legal ground.

    Moreover, and more alarming, discord and disunity have recently disturbed our ranks.

    The opponents with their might and savvy will surely pounce on the situation. Unless, we act before itís too late. NFGB should lead the fight and movement to defend sabong.

    Why NFGB? It is simply, because there is no other as capable.

    NFGB is the biggest and foremost federation of breeders and cockers. It is in the position to establish trends in cockfighting. Also, it is well respected that it could persuade other persons, organizations, entities concerned to join the cause.

    NFGB also has the organization. It has affiliate GBAs in almost all the regions. It can easily conduct information campaigns through these organizations. Signatures in support of the cause could be garnered during each of the dozens of elimination and semi-final rounds of the Bakbakan in the different provinces and regions. NFGB may also persuade companies conducting seminars and product presentations nationwide to help. Ads maybe created by professionals to be placed with game fowl media such as the sabong magazines and the TV shows at discounted cost or public service. Posters can be placed in all cockpits. NFGB could do many more.

    Moreover, NFGB can raise the funds. With its influence, capabilities and organization it is capable of raising the necessary funds.

    NFGB indeed can do a lot. There could be no other organization capable of doing so much. It should do something now, not only because of the apparent moves to strengthen the Animal Welfare Act, but also amid talks of a Charter change. How a new Constitution would be framed could determine the fate of cockfighting.

    And, it is timely, because of the coming elections. Our representatives will be reaching out to us for votes, in turn, we may also reach out to them for support.

    By leading this movement, NFGB will be addressing the aspirations of millions of Filipino sabungeros. It will unite the bayang sabungero.

    Today is never too early to act. Tomorrow may be too late. (Support this call.

    Truly,
    Rey Bajenting
    Isang masang nagmamanok


    Support this call. Pls click http://www.change.org/ph/mga-petisyon/nfgb-defend-sabong
    done my part............................kailangan ang inyong pakikiisa!!!!....ALAHU AKBARR!!!!
    "LEGALLY ARMED AND PROUD OF IT"

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Whether or not papansin ang may panukala nyan. Maganda na rin na nakikita ng mga baguhan tulad ko na maraming hinde papayag magpagamit. Sport ito kahit madugo. Palagay ko mas makabubuti kung tuunan nila ng pansin ang mga mahihirap at tumatandang nagtratrabaho sa sabungan na walang aasahang retirement package or pensyon. buong buhay ibinigay sa cockfighting upang matutunan din ng mga bagong henerasyon. Di nagsasawang magturo ng libre. Siguro magandang alagaan din sila at wag isang tabi na lang kung nag tatalo mga manok hehe

  21. #21
    Member meme ragudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cagayan de Oro
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    political suicide if may plano pa silang manatiling politico. but anyhow, our priced fighting cocks are designed by nature, bred and rared to be fighting cocks and to be pitted to fight for their lives or else they would be ordinary table chickens for dinner, therefore, should not be considered as part of animal cruelty. passion ng mga sabungero ang pagsasabong lalo na ang pag alaga ng mga isasabong.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Cockfighting in the PI is a multi-billion business, I don't think it will ever happen.

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    papansin lng mga yan..... uu nga blood sport yan.. kultura na nating mga pinoy yan at dito sa southeast asia lng yan nag simula... at tska malaking pera (tax) ang nkukuha ng mga bopols na politician na yan s sabong... ang laking pork barrel ang nkukuha ng mga hayup na yan sa sport na eto.. tapos i ba-banned lng nila? wow!! wag mong sabihin cong. nava na d ka kumukuha ng pork barrel mo na nanggaling sa pag sasabong ng mga kababayan mo.. pinapatay mo lang ang economiya ng bansa.. sa mga simpleng tao na nagiging libangan eto, mga backyard breeders, gaffers, handlers, mga taohan ng big time breeders, taga benta ng feeds, mga farmers at etc.. na umaasa lamang sa larangang eto ay aalisan ng trabaho dahil lang sa mga stupidong utak ng malalaking tao.. d naman cguro tama yun..

  24. #24
    Member redkarani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    davao del sur
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    i had goosebumps all over me when i read the thread...imagine araneta coliseum without world slasher, ilo-ilow without candelaria, davao without araw ng dabaw derby...imagine our cockpits without sabong...imagine our backyard without our beloved gladiators...imagine a dawn without our roosters...what a silent and dull morning! i"d rather take arms and go to the mountains...

  25. #25
    Member KG88-GF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NEGROS ISLAND
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Quote Originally Posted by darkmage1721 View Post
    yan ba yung babae? Na linked din ata sa mga leftist/npa!
    Kung siya yun talagang hindi ko iboboto yan.

    haha.. Siguradong matatalo cya! :d:d

  26. #26
    Member KG88-GF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NEGROS ISLAND
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Quote Originally Posted by redkarani View Post
    i"d rather take arms and go to the mountains...

    take me with you and let's show them how to use the gaffers bazooka! :d

  27. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Quote Originally Posted by newoo View Post
    papansin lng mga yan..... uu nga blood sport yan.. kultura na nating mga pinoy yan at dito sa southeast asia lng yan nag simula... at tska malaking pera (tax) ang nkukuha ng mga bopols na politician na yan s sabong... ang laking pork barrel ang nkukuha ng mga hayup na yan sa sport na eto.. tapos i ba-banned lng nila? wow!! wag mong sabihin cong. nava na d ka kumukuha ng pork barrel mo na nanggaling sa pag sasabong ng mga kababayan mo.. pinapatay mo lang ang economiya ng bansa.. sa mga simpleng tao na nagiging libangan eto, mga backyard breeders, gaffers, handlers, mga taohan ng big time breeders, taga benta ng feeds, mga farmers at etc.. na umaasa lamang sa larangang eto ay aalisan ng trabaho dahil lang sa mga stupidong utak ng malalaking tao.. d naman cguro tama yun..
    He didn't get pork ; possibly he he got steak from pweta. Or shag sa s""t passage .
    Look like bading he is like our mayor.
    Last edited by arawingf; August 10th, 2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: spelling

  28. #28
    Member KG88-GF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NEGROS ISLAND
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    UP ko lang po to para makita din ng iba! Wag na talga nating iboto sa senado ang nag propose ng law na to

  29. #29
    Member mikki moored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Palaging ilagay ang mga pangalan ng mga iyan sa sabungan na hwag iboto. Hipokrito ang mga taong yan!

  30. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pampanga
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Proposed laws endanger cockfighting in PH

    Quote Originally Posted by miguelgin View Post
    Mga kasabong naka tanggap ako ng liham sa aking mail nais ko lang i share sa inyo at sanay suportahan natin.

    Hello miguelgin,

    MANA founder Rey Bajenting wrote NFGB urging the federation to lead a movement to defend cockfighting against proposed laws that put the sport in danger. (Support this call. Join an online petition. Pls click http://www.change.org/ph/mga-petisyo...-defend-sabong. )

    An Open Letter
    For NFGB
    Through Mr. Manny Berbano,
    Publisher Pit Games magazine,


    Sirs;

    Isnít it about time, that somebody organize a movement in defense of Sabong? Then, if so, would the National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders spearhead it?

    Recently there have been bills filed in Congress proposing amendment to RA 8485 or the Animal Welfare Act of 1998. Mostly these bills call for the strengthening of the Act and the imposition of more severe penalties.

    HB 5849 filed by Congresswoman Bernadette Herrera-Dy of the Bagong Henerasyon Party List seeks to amend the Animal Welfare Act (or Republic Act 8485) and increase penalties for those who have committed acts of cruelty to animals

    Guimaras Representative JC Rahman Nava authored House Bill 6049 that deals with welfare obligations, offenses on animals, and likewise seeks to impose heavy penalties on maltreatment and killing of animals, including by fights between animals.

    These are only two that we know of so far, probably there might be more. The Herrera-Dy bill seems harmless to cockfighting, but the NAVA bill appears to touch on gray areas. There are at least 6 sections in the NAVA bill with provisions that could affect cockfighting or at least inconvenience game fowl raisers.

    Regardless, this generation of bills currently in Congress could actually affect or not cockfighting, the reality is with the current international trend and calls for stronger animal protection measures, cockfighting will always remained threatened.
    I agree with the suggestion. We need to act and unite early and be felt. Remember: The Best Defense is Offense.

    In rule/law making it only takes one word to change the outcome.

Similar Threads

  1. Folks please go vote NO on this poll for alabama cockfighting laws.
    By ramapomtngamefarm in forum Laws and Politics
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: March 4th, 2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Unconstitutional anti-cockfighting laws SPONSORED by H$US
    By sadavaoito in forum Laws and Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 7th, 2012, 11:22 PM
  3. File a Complaint against H$US Sponsored anti-cockfighting laws
    By sadavaoito in forum Laws and Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 14th, 2012, 06:44 AM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: September 24th, 2011, 04:18 AM
  5. US Federal LAWS DOES NOT BAN COCKFIGHTING!
    By sadavaoito in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 21st, 2010, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •