Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 217

Thread: Hackfight Tips

  
  1. #181
    CyberFriends magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northern Phils.
    Posts
    1,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    @sir jb, you're on a roll! lady luck should have not only a smile but a wide grin on your jb hackers maybe you could share to us more hackfight tips as you go along with the wins...more wins to come!

  2. #182
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Magic

    To me the most important factor that delivers the wins is to start with only the best roosters in your camp. If the roosters are not up to par in your own backyard, it is most unlikely that you could find a rooster in the pit that you will easily whip. Even if the other roosters look pale and ugly, it's not an assurance that you will compensate for a weak rooster.

    On the other hand if you have an ace and you are looking for a weak looking opponent, even if that small pale and thin opponent was also an ace - you still have an upper hand.

    Especially if your ace looks like a nerd. Hahahahaha
    Last edited by jailbird; February 23rd, 2013 at 06:16 PM.

  3. #183
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    My other tip is to have a regular tari tari session with your friends. If you have any doubts at all about your birds, fight them in the tari tari session with no bets. If your bird wins and affirms that he is a winner, then you can assess if he is worthy of money fights.

    If your bird loses in a session vs a less than optimal opponent then we can thank heavens he lost on a non money fight. Save a few bucks

  4. #184
    CyberFriends gamecock96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    6,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    My other tip is to have a regular tari tari session with your friends. If you have any doubts at all about your birds, fight them in the tari tari session with no bets. If your bird wins and affirms that he is a winner, then you can assess if he is worthy of money fights.

    If your bird loses in a session vs a less than optimal opponent then we can thank heavens he lost on a non money fight. Save a few bucks
    Out of topic Jebe. But do you know of any low entry fee high prize promotion coming up in Roligon?? Havent been there for a long time.

    Al

  5. #185
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Al, they just finished a p2m derby with 11k pot money last feb 12. That was the last update I got.

    For hackfights every sat and sun they have a fastest kill ulutan. But we have not tried it yet.

    Elorde ATM is still the easy money but sundays too many people so my boys will go with Dondi in a tupada hack near here. Hopefully safe - and another alternative sunday ATM hahahahahahahhaa

  6. #186
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just came back from Tropical Bf where they had a lively tupada going. Many roosters and quite a crowd of people.

    When I got there the JB hackers were already tying the knife on one of our birds. Dondi met me and showed me the farm where i could park my mountain bike.

    As I checked out the opponent it was a very large and tall and much older grey. Wow! It was almost 10:7 size difference in their favor. But I also saw them tying a very long old style samurai length knife.

    In the line for the pit they were fourth in line. And the grey was showing signs of limping and hesitation. And I could see why my boys chose to fight a giant :-) he was going to he a clumsy giant

    ATM gleaming in their eyes they entered the pit. Alas despite the very large size advantage - nobody wanted to call bets on the grey. With only 20 percent of the money on the line we decided to call it puwera. No use wasting a good bird for a bet less than his keeping cost

    Lesson learned, do not fight way too low below your money bets - it's a waste of time.

    And despite the 10:7 size disadvantage the people can still see the quality difference.

    But frankly I was not comfortable giving the size advantage as our bird really looked like a neytib compared to the guapo grey.

    Maybe they saw Dondi Mr Oddbird and thought how guapo the owner was

    Anyways it was nice breaking out into sweat after a long bike drive to and fro! Sabong and biking. Bagay!
    Last edited by jailbird; February 24th, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

  7. #187
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now thats more like it. They got to fight our ugly crooked toed straight combed (still on) winner in las pinas. This time we were bigger and taller while the opponent was guapo. So the JailBird hackers got their ATM for the day.

    Thanks to Sir Dondi for bringing the boys around.

    After the hacks I had the pleasure of having the Saint, the Oddbird and his girlBird as guests for some impromptu pizza in our unfinished dampa.

    Great time for Chicken Talk and knife ideas. And planning for sir Saints' future farm in Baguio. Good luck Sir Saint!

  8. #188
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    In our banter about hackfights being a good source of dough for the upkeep of the camp I shared with the Saint that the hacks have actually been paying for my camps overhead the past few months.

    And it was pointed out that a good team is largely responsible for that ability.

    Treated well and properly motivated - not spoiled - but properly compensated according to successful attainment of objectives. The boys are actually doubling and tripling their weekly pay through the wins. And I don't have to spend a single cent

    My only challenge now us where to out those winners. :thumbup::beer:
    Last edited by jailbird; February 24th, 2013 at 09:32 PM.

  9. #189
    CyberFriends magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northern Phils.
    Posts
    1,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    In our banter about hackfights being a good source of dough for the upkeep of the camp I shared with the Saint that the hacks have actually been paying for my camps overhead the past few months.

    And it was pointed out that a good team is largely responsible for that ability.

    Treated well and properly motivated - not spoiled - but properly compensated according to successful attainment of objectives. The boys are actually doubling and tripling their weekly pay through the wins. And I don't have to spend a single cent

    My only challenge now us where to out those winners. :thumbup::beer:
    sir jb, seems lady luck is continuously smiling the ATM pin codes, again congrats!

    and there is always a high demand and market for blemished winners...
    Last edited by magic; February 24th, 2013 at 09:40 PM.

  10. #190
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Magic when they ask me what bloodlines my winners carry I simply say "Lady Luck Lines" hahahaha kasi its better to be lucky than to be better. Although its also easy to be lucky if they are better.

    More than a dozen winners still in the camp. Some like today have 2 or more wins already this season.

    Oh well, I hope they go to good homes.
    Last edited by jailbird; February 24th, 2013 at 09:58 PM.

  11. #191
    Member LeyteCavite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Thanks Magic when they ask me what bloodlines my winners carry I simply say "Lady Luck Lines" hahahaha kasi its better to be lucky than to be better. Although its also easy to be lucky if they are better.

    More than a dozen winners still in the camp. Some like today have 2 or more wins already this season.

    Oh well, I hope they go to good homes.
    The lazy will be beaten by the hardworking, the hardworking gets beaten by the intelligent, but the lazy the hardworking and the intelligent will be no match against the "lucky"

  12. #192
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyteCavite View Post
    The lazy will be beaten by the hardworking, the hardworking gets beaten by the intelligent, but the lazy the hardworking and the intelligent will be no match against the "lucky"
    Great words of wisdom sir!

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Proven bloodlines, clean spacious environment, fresh water, first class feeding and supplements, deworming, delousing, tender loving care and serious workouts and reasonable sparring and the proper equipment for conditioning, keeping ang gaffing. Those are the things Lady Luck looks for and when all of them are there, she loves to stay
    Last edited by jailbird; February 25th, 2013 at 10:02 AM.

  13. #193
    Senior Member LagingSwerte2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    5,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    In our banter about hackfights being a good source of dough for the upkeep of the camp I shared with the Saint that the hacks have actually been paying for my camps overhead the past few months.

    And it was pointed out that a good team is largely responsible for that ability.

    Treated well and properly motivated - not spoiled - but properly compensated according to successful attainment of objectives. The boys are actually doubling and tripling their weekly pay through the wins. And I don't have to spend a single cent

    My only challenge now us where to out those winners. :thumbup::beer:
    Jailbird this poses a happy problem. I rather have this space problem than paying my opponents and them making "pulutan" of the fowls.

    Congrats to your team.

  14. #194
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sir RickZ ! IT WOULD BE GREAT to have 10 straight. I wil make that a goal for the boys.

  15. #195
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now we have a chance to try 10 straight again because we have to start from zero again hahahahaha.

    As I told mr LS - immediately after their pay and bonus day is not auspicious for my boys. Second loss came day after payday. Same with previous loss. Not blaming the day , just not fortuitous.

    After being underdog in the parada, our bird became llamado 3:2 in the betting as he looked invincible vs the opponent. Then the opponent flies and looks like he misses and suddenly our bird drops flat on all fours! Looking Dead and a loser! Paralyzed completely by a small wound on the spine. Just like accupuncture!

    How I wish there was a school for rooster accupuncture lessons! Anyway everyone was shocked especially the llamadistas.
    Last edited by jailbird; February 27th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

  16. #196
    CyberFriends magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northern Phils.
    Posts
    1,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    sir jb, that's a lucky punch made by your opponent rooster. it's really sad to see our rooster downed on the ground and immobile with a broken spine. seemed that lady luck smiles...but on the other rooster

  17. #197
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup its always better to be lucky than to be better.

    Unfortunately there was no video so we could not analyze it very well. Also good that the management actually called the bets for themselves (palarga) and our bird was the overwhelming favorite otherwise the boys could have been accused of tiyope.

    What you have to go through to court lady luck to come back.

  18. #198
    Senior Member LagingSwerte2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    5,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Now we have a chance to try 10 straight again because we have to start from zero again hahahahaha.

    As I told mr LS - immediately after their pay and bonus day is not auspicious for my boys. Second loss came day after payday. Same with previous loss. Not blaming the day , just not fortuitous.

    After being underdog in the parada, our bird became llamado 3:2 in the betting as he looked invincible vs the opponent. Then the opponent flies and looks like he misses and suddenly our bird drops flat on all fours! Looking Dead and a loser! Paralyzed completely by a small wound on the spine. Just like accupuncture!

    How I wish there was a school for rooster accupuncture lessons! Anyway everyone was shocked especially the llamadistas.
    Oh, I now understood, so this is what you meant. It happesn to a lot, perfect 10 seems to be an elusive number. This also happens most of the time with Golden Spurs. I heard they were only able to achieved this once.

    It's a good incentive for your group, its difficult but not impossible.

    Wish you more wins and perfect 10s in the future.

  19. #199
    Member LeyteCavite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    I know of a story through my friend that one time somewhere in the region 4-a ulutan, if your opponent asks for the knife to be tied on the right leg, go for it. But let his roosters knife be tied at the left leg, but pointing forward.

    no need for lady luck there ha!

    just making things lighter..

  20. #200
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you breed birds for hacks or derbies or both. Seems like hackbirds need to have a different body and looks.

  21. #201
    Member KyFowlMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Backwoods, KY
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    what does a hackfight consist of in the PI, around here a hackfight is basically pulling a rooster off the tie cord and fighting in the backyard when legal of course.

  22. #202
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hackfights in the Philippines is the regular weekly and even daily event in the cockpit. The basic principle is that birds are individually matched by their owners against a willing opponent. Usually based only on visual evaluation and negotiations.

    Owners may also opt to weigh or even hold each other's birds.

    This is contrasted with derbies where birds are matched purely on the basis of weights declared. Well, some derbies may require other qualifiers like only for banded stags or bullstags. But most of the derbies are open cock derbies where only weights are declared.

  23. #203
    Member LeyteCavite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    Hackfights in the PI is very amusing. Instead of telling how good your roosters are, you tell them how poor their characteristics are. We can even put the knife in the right leg or sometimes even both legs have knives if both the party agrees. look up PARTIDA! How lucky to be a Filipino!

  24. #204
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hackfights are very typical of a Filipino ;-) here when you play golf and ask your playing pinoy what his handicap is he will say 28 and after the game he scores 89 and he will tell you it was just a very unusually lucky day for him ;-)

    In the hacks you ask what bloodlines his bird is and he will tell you it's from a dunghill he got from the public market and was only fed corn and palay husks. And his bird might run on the second buckle as it was too thin and sickly. And if you ask: why fight a thin and sickly bird, he would say its just for experience and he will just bet $25 and he is willing to lose that money just to experience fighting in the cockpit for the first time.

    Then to your surprise when you enter the pit his bird has a center bet of $3000 and you are an underdog in the betting by 10:6. And proud you - are too embarassed to back out. And in the remote chance that your bird wins, you discover that his bird was a pound bigger than yours at least and has wingbands from well known breeders and is battle scarred from many wins. That is, if you win hahahahahahahhah most likely you will see them laughing their way to the bank. Until the next time you see this moronic looking matcher holding a sickly bird and you remember that the face looks familiar - oh well and you want to take your revenge and think that this time his rooster really looks pale and easy to kill. And history repeats itself.
    Last edited by jailbird; March 1st, 2013 at 09:21 PM.

  25. #205
    Senior Member pigafetta08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    Yes, the looks play an important part in hacks..
    You must have an off/odd looking world beaters..
    (that's where the terms ; manghaharang, holdaper originated..)
    You better go places (dayo) where you ate unknown and bring only the best..
    Place a small center bet and bet more if the odds are against you, that way you have better chances for having matched on usually smaller opponents..


    This is the same reason why off colors and straight combed chickens dubbed loosely got back into fashion...

  26. #206
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to joey and jovie for winning both their fights today! Vaccinating the birds

  27. #207
    Senior Member The Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    651
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    Thanks Jebe

    Its been awhile since we frequented our favorite pit. Before, we had a nice winning streak going and eventually had a harder and harder time matching (ulot) there. So after an absence as we tried other pits, Joey won one yesterday. I won one today then Joey again. Not to be boastful but the wins today were convincing as mine won clean and quick and Joey's bird clearly dominated the opponent. Unfortunately, our success is again becoming our undoing. The opponent for the third fight today went AWOL and just disappeared.

    So may I pose question: How long is the "memory" of a pit? In your opinion, how long must one stay away to again attain some level of anonymity? In short, how long before we can go back to the well?

    I recall Jailbird's brother (Junbird) said that 2 weeks wasn't enough. Based on his sharing, he did extremely well one weekend. He purposely skipped a weekend and came back to the same pit the weekend after...and wasn't able to fight even one rooster.

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Congrats to joey and jovie for winning both their fights today! Vaccinating the birds
    Last edited by The Saint; March 3rd, 2013 at 07:32 PM.

  28. #208
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup I agree. Our record just worsened to 12 wins 3 loses and 1 draw. Seems like it's necessary to move pits as the only fights we could get now are from bigger birds and known personalities.

    I think its time to send the team out further.

  29. #209
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Thanks Jebe

    Its been awhile since we frequented our favorite pit. Before, we had a nice winning streak going and eventually had a harder and harder time matching (ulot) there. So after an absence as we tried other pits, Joey won one yesterday. I won one today then Joey again. Not to be boastful but the wins today were convincing as mine won clean and quick and Joey's bird clearly dominated the opponent. Unfortunately, our success is again becoming our undoing. The opponent for the third fight today went AWOL and just disappeared.

    So may I pose question: How long is the "memory" of a pit? In your opinion, how long must one stay away to again attain some level of anonymity? In short, how long before we can go back to the well?

    I recall Jailbird's brother (Junbird) said that 2 weeks wasn't enough. Based on his sharing, he did extremely well one weekend. He purposely skipped a weekend and came back to the same pit the weekend after...and wasn't able to fight even one rooster.

    I think its also a good strat to get a different tagaulot. My only problem is that we bet too little to afford a professional dumb looking tagaulot ;-)

  30. #210
    Senior Member pigafetta08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hackfight Tips

    Changing taga ulot is a good strategy and the heeler..
    Plus.. Stop praising and entering the pit whenever you win..
    It's how you'll be recognized..
    Just laugh your asses out at home or at the camp beer haven..
    Going places is the best alternative, or.. if you guys wanna supervise just watch from a distance and celebrate secretly..
    There are a lot of ways to supervise a fight without saying a word, just make sure the boys would be trustworthy..


    Me, i usually wear street clothes with cargo shorts mostly, where i can bring my knives/paraphernaelias on the pockets..
    Then i join small center bet promotions with big prizes bringing my "probinsyano looking" aces..

    How long will it take to make people forget your wins?
    As long as you don't have a losing streak they won't..

Similar Threads

  1. TIPS paano paramihin ang panalo sa Hackfight o ulotan
    By bingking/bmfarm in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: January 1st, 2012, 03:14 PM
  2. mga nag hackfight sa san juan..........
    By razorback in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: May 20th, 2010, 08:32 PM
  3. Tips na pang hackfight naman
    By Rookie007 in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 17th, 2009, 08:49 PM
  4. hackfight
    By Black Jap in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 26th, 2006, 04:22 PM
  5. sa hackfight
    By crazysniper99 in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 14th, 2006, 02:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •