Thread: Hen fights

Post Thanks / Like

Hen fights

Over the years I have had hens fight on the yard it usually ends with one hen finally running off the other one but have seen some good ones give it a try on the yard.3 weeks ago I had a Gracil hen I finally turned out to let her freshen up I was talking to my son he said look at them hens they were seriously going at it and looked good enough to show-lol-little while still at it I caught them up seperated next morning still at it I thought it was over penned one they got hitting wire turned them back out this went on for 2 weeks both were Gracils I sure plan on breeding them again. Today I watched 2 pullets a blackGrey and a Brownred break waist high and hitting hard enough to knock out feathers I finally broke it up as they were doing damage one of the best shows on the yard have seen in years.Weather turned off cool at night figure they getting up feeling froggy-lol-Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hen fights

i got a old hatch hen when my stags get old enuff to feel froggy i throw em in with her man she gives em a ruff way to go

Post Thanks / Like

Years back had a Claret hen put a really nice Claret stag in with her next day had to take him out she killed him--One of the best producers but could only bred her to cocks as they had to whoop her first.Got them from Wren Calhoun was good ones wish still had them but one of my look back shoulda dones-LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Reason I single mate I have no choice they kill one another

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hen that has me convinced she will fight 2 the death anytime she has a clutch following her. She fought any hen that came near her and picked a few wire fights her toes are messed up now.lol. My wife was breaking her up constantly while I was at work.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch out for those crazy trouble-making hens.

My experience raising gamefowl, I have notice that a few of my hens could fight and as game as any of my cocks. They’ll kill any hen that crosses their path, and for domination she’ll fight hen after hen after hen. So what does this indicate?

Post Thanks / Like

I have some McClanahan hens that will handspar and you can pit em like cocks.

Post Thanks / Like

here's some hens off the hatch we bred last year going at it in the yard, had to break em up....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...type=2&theater

Post Thanks / Like

i had a 5/8 lacy 3/8 murphy hen years back i fit her a few times in the gaff my buddy would get to drinking and somebody would start about a mean hen and here he would come and get her i watched a coon grab her right in front of me one night some of the best blood i ever owned had three nest sisters all three crowed