Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butcher hollow farm/Kentucky

Post Thanks / Like

Butcher hollow farm/Kentucky

Guys,

I'm buying a stag from a puerto rican from kentucky. Anyone know the farm or if they are good?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Butcher hollow farm/Kentucky

Puertico Rican, in Kentucky?? lol

Post Thanks / Like

yes! he tells me he had good game. wondering if anyone knows

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from KY and i've never heard of butcher hollow game farm..When you hear butcher hollow around here it's usually about Loretta Lynn and her song,coal minors daughter..lol
    Last edited by Sidgrey; October 30th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sidgrey View Post
    I'm from KY and i've never heard of butcher hollow game farm..When you hear butcher hollow around here it's usually about Loretta Lynn and her song,coal minors daughter..lol
    If you are from KY you probably know of John Douglas Horton.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdanDelgadillo View Post
    Guys,

I'm buying a stag from a puerto rican from kentucky. Anyone know the farm or if they are good?
    I have talked with him several times about chickens. He knows his stuff. You will be please with what ever you get from him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJBen View Post
    If you are from KY you probably know of John Douglas Horton.
    I don't think I know of him..the name doesn't ring a bell anyways..Butcher hollow is a little ways away from my location.

Post Thanks / Like

Have never met him, but have exchanged messages with him a few times and he seems like a good guy. From his facebook pictures, his farm looks nice, and fowl look healthy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sidgrey View Post
    your right...i live just about 5 min from butcher hollow of Van Lear(coal miner daughter fame/music)....the one i think they are talking about is from central ky......

Post Thanks / Like

Fellow's, my name is Ernest Akins, yes Oscar Akins brother. I originated "BUTCHER HOLLOW GAME FARM" back in 1974. I lived in Franklin, KY. for many years, moved there from, Bull Run Road Nashville, TN. when splitting up partnership with Oscar, in 1974. My farm was named Butcher Hollow Game Farm, because of my Butcher Fowl, which was my 1st. Game Fowl, given to me by Red Richardson when I was 13 years old, and I grew up in Bull Run Hollow, so it's been Butcher Hollow ever sense.
    Doug Horton never had anything to do with Butcher Hollow Game Farm,
    I bought Doug Horton his little farm, gave it to him to raise Stags for me.
    He payed me back with Staggs, untill I caught him stealing my chickens from me and selling them to my customers, like Miguel Soto, and a few others.
    He had wing bands made with my Logo on them and became a chicken peddler.
    Well, when I found out what he had done, YES, I salted his Brood pens with Pure Junk, then Miguel Soto and many others started telling on Doug Horton, and them self's. Everything I've stated here can be verified, all the old timers know Ernest Akins (BUTCHER HOLLOW GAME FARM).
    I CAN NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FOWL PURCHASED UNDER BUTCHER HOLLOW GAME FARM, UNLESS PURCHASED DIRECT FROM ERNEST AKINS, AS I HAVE NO AGENTS.
    Sincerly.
    ufis/Ernest E. Akins

Post Thanks / Like

i was getting ready to answer this when i saw your post ernest butcher hollow has been in the gamecock mag as long as i can remember i think some guy has it in there now but ernest knows more than anyone on this matter i just remember lookin at the add years back.puertico rican in kentucky thats as scarce as horse **** in a garage

Post Thanks / Like

well theres the answer to everyones questions... thats what i like about this website.. you find out whats what, and whos not... but the a typical peddler for yah, i dont believe that Doug Horton guy should even be considered a chicken man ... people like that are just out to make money not to sell somebody some good fowl and its people like that that you need to stay the hell away from if you plan on going somewhere in the sport....

my hats off to you Ernest....

Post Thanks / Like

Damn..I wish someone would buy me a farm, and let me raise chickens for them lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky_Wes View Post
    Damn..I wish someone would buy me a farm, and let me raise chickens for them lol
    Well Sir, that's very possible. Do I know you or maybe your family? I could use a good honest person to raise Stags for me, from my brood fowl, of course.
    Only thing is they can't have any other chickens, or show chickens themselves.
    Thank's,
    ufis/Ernest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJBen View Post
    I have talked with him several times about chickens. He knows his stuff. You will be please with what ever you get from him.
    I don't think you've talked to john (douglas) horton lately, as he's been dead for a couple years now.
    if you got good ones from him, it had to be 8 - 10 yrs ago. when he was still raising for me. he didn't know a chicken from a bass fiddle!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    i was getting ready to answer this when i saw your post ernest butcher hollow has been in the gamecock mag as long as i can remember i think some guy has it in there now but ernest knows more than anyone on this matter i just remember lookin at the add years back.puertico rican in kentucky thats as scarce as horse **** in a garage
    There is a Butcher Hollow gamefarm in KY, and the guy is originally from Porta Rico so looks as if there is 2 butcher hollow farms there, this one is in Columbia, KY I think

Post Thanks / Like

to be honest i've never heard of butcher hollow farm and i've been to quite a few places but have heard of butcher boys and lonnie from butcher boys shows tuff. just my 2 cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhammerFarm View Post
    There is a Butcher Hollow gamefarm in KY, and the guy is originally from Porta Rico so looks as if there is 2 butcher hollow farms there, this one is in Columbia, KY I think
    my mistake the one i was looking at i the gamecock was bull run farm i guess i just thought of ernest and butcher hollow from when he was in ky my memory is like all my other body parts gettin shorter as time goes by.

Post Thanks / Like

the butcher hollar farms i know i have him on facebook i have never heard one bad thing about him and all of his birds look healthy as can be!!! if his birds was not worth anything you would hear about it on facebook first i have not heard anything but great things!

Post Thanks / Like

He asked me to relay this message for all here on the forum to read:

"Hello, my name is Joe Agostini, lived in Ashland City TN for 15 years, knowing John Douglas Horton, Ann Horton and sons Jimmy, John and Daugther Vicky Horton. Most of the statement made by Mr Ernest Akins are true about being involve with John Horton and the Butcher Hollow Farm. However Mr Akins, John never owed you any money or land payment, it was to your brother Oscar. You said that what made you famous was your butchers, but the bottom line is that what made you famous was the butcher hollow kelso back in 94 at Copper State, yes the same fowls that you call junk, in which John Horton bred and you stole. In no other place you have won with those Butchers, since they all ran. Please would you write the true reason why you dont live in TN or KY anymore, for being a thief and got shot at a few times for it. You see, people may know just half of the truth. Ernest Akins, you are a legend. The true meaning of the word legend is "part true, part false". And at the end, you still more false than true. I was there, you may not remember me, I used to hang around Pete Smith, Charles Forte, Hillary, To joe, Michael Jackson, I was just a teen. Mr Akins, why dont you use the name anymore of Butcher Hollow Farm? I have nothing else to say but this, I will use the name in honor of the most honest cocker I have ever met, I will breed what I inherited from John and will continue to show under the name Butcher Hollow Farm, for it was my promise to my friend John Douglas Horton."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ernest akins View Post
    I don't think you've talked to john (douglas) horton lately, as he's been dead for a couple years now.
    if you got good ones from him, it had to be 8 - 10 yrs ago. when he was still raising for me. he didn't know a chicken from a bass fiddle!
    Did I said I have talked to John or did I reply to Adan Delgadillo about his comment he want to deal with my the actual owner of "Butcher Hollow Farm" in KY.
    On a different post I asked someone else that claimed to be in KY if he knew John. People get your crap straight before putting post here and get everyone confused.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdanDelgadillo View Post
    Guys,

If you contacted him at first is probably someone recommended him to you. My advise is get the stag care for him and show him. Make sure you get a line that is good as stag because not every line or crosses are good as stags. From this side of the country I have heard good thing about the "Butchers Hollow Farms" from the actual owner right now and good things from when John had the farm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HKGAMEFARM View Post
    to be honest i've never heard of butcher hollow farm and i've been to quite a few places but have heard of butcher boys and lonnie from butcher boys shows tuff. just my 2 cents worth.
    Well Son, you must be new to the Sport welcome to the Game. I've fought Rooster's all over the world for nearly 50 years now under the banner, "BUTCHER HOLLOW GAME FARM" and I'm still very active in the Sport.
    I live in Tn., and i'm on the west coast showing as Butcher Hollow Game Farm's right now.
    That's my 3 cents worth, add it to your 2 cents, & have yourself a nickle!
    yfis/Ernest Akins ( B.H.G F.)

Post Thanks / Like

Am a little bit out of topic here,but wat the heck...Any how "WATCH OUT FOR YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE GUYSss! UR blood and sugar count's pressure.Keep yourself healthy of all times plz.TLC 24/7.Deep game..

GOOD LUCK AND enjoy.. @ the derby..OUT

yfis,
    SHELTON RH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GalloNX4 View Post
    He asked me to relay this message for all here on the forum to read:

"Hello, my name is Joe Agostini, lived in Ashland City TN for 15 years, knowing John Douglas Horton, Ann Horton and sons Jimmy, John and Daugther Vicky Horton. Most of the statement made by Mr Ernest Akins are true about being involve with John Horton and the Butcher Hollow Farm. However Mr Akins, John never owed you any money or land payment, it was to your brother Oscar. You said that what made you famous was your butchers, but the bottom line is that what made you famous was the butcher hollow kelso back in 94 at Copper State, yes the same fowls that you call junk, in which John Horton bred and you stole. In no other place you have won with those Butchers, since they all ran. Please would you write the true reason why you dont live in TN or KY anymore, for being a thief and got shot at a few times for it. You see, people may know just half of the truth. Ernest Akins, you are a legend. The true meaning of the word legend is "part true, part false". And at the end, you still more false than true. I was there, you may not remember me, I used to hang around Pete Smith, Charles Forte, Hillary, To joe, Michael Jackson, I was just a teen. Mr Akins, why dont you use the name anymore of Butcher Hollow Farm? I have nothing else to say but this, I will use the name in honor of the most honest cocker I have ever met, I will breed what I inherited from John and will continue to show under the name Butcher Hollow Farm, for it was my promise to my friend John Douglas Horton."
    Son, if you do your homework, you'll find out what you really know. I lived in ******* City, Tn, from 1960 to 1987, I moved to Franklin, Ky in 1987 to get away from *******'s like you, I lived there till 2001, I don't remember ever being shot at, for stealing. You're friend Doug Horton never owed Oscar nothing. I gave Doug $42.000. cash to buy him a place. He was threatening to commit suicide, I felt sorry for the dumb ass, and loaned him the money. now ask Bubba Forty, Hillary Hood, & Oscar, Then you might know what you're talking about.
    As far as the butcher hollow banner, you can have it for all I care, everyone that matters knows, Ernest Akins. By the way, I didn't get your name, what is it?
    Never know you might want to fight the old butcher hollow a main, let's see what you got from your hero, john douglas horton.
    Oh Yea, I live at, 2181 Alvin Head Road
    Springfield, Tn. 37172
    That's about 1/2 mile from your friend Oscar,
    Now what's your address?

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen ernest fight quite a few chickens with nary a bad actor.
    I ALWAYS thought he was tougher than oscar.
    There never was a lot of cockers I dreaded, But Ernest
    was one hard hombre.
    He pitted a Little Dark red pea comb yellow legged bird on me
    one time which knocked
    me out of more Money than i care too Dwell on. Ouch.
    But hes Bonafide in my book. So if he says it..I believe it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ernest akins View Post
    Son, if you do your homework, you'll find out what you really know. I lived in ******* City, Tn, from 1960 to 1987, I moved to Franklin, Ky in 1987 to get away from *******'s like you, I lived there till 2001, I don't remember ever being shot at, for stealing. You're friend Doug Horton never owed Oscar nothing. I gave Doug $42.000. cash to buy him a place. He was threatening to commit suicide, I felt sorry for the dumb ass, and loaned him the money. now ask Bubba Forty, Hillary Hood, & Oscar, Then you might know what you're talking about.
    As far as the butcher hollow banner, you can have it for all I care, everyone that matters knows, Ernest Akins. By the way, I didn't get your name, what is it?
    Never know you might want to fight the old butcher hollow a main, let's see what you got from your hero, john douglas horton.
    Oh Yea, I live at, 2181 Alvin Head Road
    Springfield, Tn. 37172
    That's about 1/2 mile from your friend Oscar,
    Now what's your address?
    HIS REPLY:
    "Ernest, learn how to read, Joe Agostini is my name and I live in Columbia, KY. Anytime you want to hack or fight some roosters, any style, any weapon, anytime, anywhere, maybe I can do the same thing I did to your brother in Brownsville about 3 years ago, when he left mad for whooping his butt at the pit with those grey roosters. Gaff, lk, sk, hell bare heel if you want to. I love to knock out legends like you. Doug was not my hero, he was my true friend, something you probably never had in your life."

Post Thanks / Like

If any would lik to contact Butcher Hollow/Joe, find his Facebook....
    Im just relaying his messages for him since he does not have an account on this site to defend himself....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GalloNX4 View Post
    HIS REPLY:
    "Ernest, learn how to read, Joe Agostini is my name and I live in Columbia, KY. Anytime you want to hack or fight some roosters, any style, any weapon, anytime, anywhere, maybe I can do the same thing I did to your brother in Brownsville about 3 years ago, when he left mad for whooping his butt at the pit with those grey roosters. Gaff, lk, sk, hell bare heel if you want to. I love to knock out legends like you. Doug was not my hero, he was my true friend, something you probably never had in your life."
    Hey Joe, you got any money? and when do you want to knock this Legend out?
    Maybe you can do me like you say you did Oscar. We'll see!
    Also, I don't have to learn to read, as I have people like you paid to read for me.
    I'll learn you how to count, if you match me a main!!!
    Only thing holding you back, is putting your money where your Big Mouth is.
    Anyone of those people you mentioned earlier can hold our Deposit, as I know and trust them all.
    Now Load Your Wagon Boy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

need to close this thread, enough is enough, anyth9ng else can be handled in private!