Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Richard BATES BLACK'S

buhawi
    recalling the history

BLACK MCRAE= mostly sam and jack wactor of nigger trotter roundhead X calvin hux kelso(some with small blood of griffin and blondy`s democrat)

SWEATER= yellow legged hatch X kelso

the common breeding ingredient being the kelso.

sweater being a kelso cross .fast cutting fowl.

to defeat a sweater you need another kelso cross............
    ........in different color:lol:
    ........and much faster line .........the niggers :lol:

Post Thanks / Like

Buhawi

That makes sense, this fowl is our own home grown Sid-Kelso, made his first kill unscratch on a super ulutan, against a Batangas Sweater:lol: Clipped his opponent in first buckle in the air and finished the match on the ground.
    Last edited by Bty Hunter; August 19th, 2007 at 09:54 PM.

edmundo
    buhawi, thank you daw for the kind words, according to lolo boy.

buhawi
    zamboanga black of boy primalion:hippie:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dragon Aces
    Sir Emoy, do you know what is the fighting style of the lemon/dark hackle red fox hatch? Apparently they are slow, will they be good if crossed with Sir B. Diaz's blacks?

edmundo
    its hard to generalize. the only harold brown hatches i know are the ones the late mamie lacson bred - the high action hatch, which is according to him, a blend of the light and dark mcleans of harold. they are being perpetuated by his son, joey lacson. they have that vertical flight with plenty of shuffles in midair. now as to your question whether they will be good crossed with the alabama blacks, well, there's only one way to find out - just do it. no one can predict what will come out whenever you cross something for the first time. hope this helps.

Dragon Aces
    Very well said Sir Emoy! But Red Fox Farm is selling apparently Harrold Brown's Hatches (Mclean with Leiper influnce)? One of the big Farms in San Pablo said that they are slow because they acquired some from RF but they stopped breeding it pure because of the above said reason! Anyway, as what you said, nobody can say untill you see the outcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Action McLeans

folks,

Hope its allright if I join the discussion. I believe that a handful of Hatches (purebred) nowadays when fought vs. Sweaters and Roundheads may generally be a step slow. Seldom do I see pure Hatches fought in the big leagues(except for Mang Boy Diaz's green-legged warriors) with real success.

The Hi-Action McLeans of late Mami Lacson though can still hack it. Usually we infuse Hatches for bottom skills and gameness. Biboy Enriquez uses the strain crossed to his Johnny Jumper Kelso's, Dan Grey Roundheads and Clarets. I guess it's but safe to breed this McLean's to light fowl for us not sacrifice speed. I guess crossed to Blacks which is known for their lightning fast strokes it's not only safe but a calculated risk.

Also the Purpleman's Blacks are as well crossed to his Marion Rose Mclean's. This is the last I heard from Boy D in 2003. Sir Emoy would tell us if this is still the case.

Just my thoughts.

Oak man

Dragon Aces
    Does Mr. Boy Diaz still have this Alabama Blacks? I think they will make good infact really good when crossed with the High Action Hatches of Mr. Nene Abello.
    The picture attached on top, does anybody knows if it is from the Bakbakan 2003 or 2004? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

RANDY and his niggertrotters....

BUHAWI and Gamay,

I just phoned Randy and asked him about his niggertrotters. He said that he does not posses the niggertrotters anymore. When I asked him why he didn't like them anymore...he said...he liked the niggertrotters BUT.....he likes the bootleggers better which made him decide to go with the bootlegger blackfowl vs. the niggertrotter blackfowl.

He said that his bootleggers just throws a lot of feet to throw that breaks up to 7 feet high IF the opponent breaks. IF NOT, he said his bootlegger stays on the ground and throws a lot of feet...head back- legsout.

He does not sell stags....or unproven birds. I asked him for the price of a stag...and that's the answer he gave me.

It looks like I'm going to try this bootlegger....

HOPE YOU CAN SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE IF YOU COULD PAY HIM A VISIT...w/ pictures please.

silverminer...

Post Thanks / Like

PAKI - USAP LANG...

GAMAY,

HI ! Were you able to visit Randy in Alabama? Kwento ka naman about his Bootlegger....did you end up buying ? Kamusta naman ang laro ng mga ito?

Hope you can share your wonderful experience in Alabama.

thanks !

Silverminer

p.s.
    i tried to send you a pm pero...full na ang inbox mo.

edmundo
    this just in: fatman entry of richard bates as financed by pepito ngo, won again in the 7 cock derby of gcap in las pinas. 2 blacks used. 2 blacks won. one of these was in the championship fight i think. i hope he reads this. i heard he got himslef a computer and is logging on daily in this site. now if only he gets to register .... then we'll have one of the cocking greats, a living legend himself, here sharing stuff with us mortals.

doongan

old bates fowl

Edmundo,
    How about the old bates fowl in the 80's?They come red with green and blue legs like the typical color of mcleans.I know somebody in Mindanao who still got this line and they're still winning although heavily inbred.

edmundo
    i think he still has them.

gamay

silver2dmoon

sori for my late response nope i decided not to see randy coz komoghon promise me a trio or a pair on june and i heard that he got the last few bootleggers left from the breeder who was suppose to breed them but due to health reasons gave them up to komoghon . my trip wasn't that successful , i wasn't able to get a trio of clarets from joe walcott coz he didn't have much left so maybe on september ??? and the clarets that i saw weren't that great. darwin's blackburn chainsaw is also another dark fowl to consider though , his chainsaws could break real high and could really get things done on the ground and fast. the only set backs for the chainsaws are they get to be very aggressive.also check out his kelso/ylh cross they're his best birds in my opinnion.

JR;L/TAMBAL :wink2:

Post Thanks / Like

GAMAY

Thanks Gamay !
    Ano ba ang origin ng bootlegger na yon? Mug from Ohatchee?
    Randy will be fighting in August at the Filipino Knife Derby at Sunset. I intend to go and watch how it performs.....You are right, I heard that Darwin has a good black fowl....I'll see...thanks.
    Hermie

nemmmo
    HAPPY EASTER !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Chili-SM bought a trio of this bates black. the broodstag is a bakbakan bullstag winner. promise to give me a trio next season (If the offsprings of the trio are winning, hehehe... ) Better to start right in breeding daw, I agree... hehehe...

cholo a. franco
    mr. richard bates fielded 3 entries at the valencia sports complex
    ormoc city P1M 5-stag derby. he fought alongside tatay lope
    dorado of cebu city using some of his bates blacks. LTD FARM
    of tatay lope breeds bates fowls (blacks, hatches, and greys)direct from the man himself. if you want bates fowl, LTD farm has
    them. and the old man, tatay lope together with his sons, very
    nice to talk with. of course, if you want them direct, call RLB.

edmundo
    if there's any of you out there who who's goo in programming, and who wants to get some bates blacks, he's looking for someone who can customize his computer program for both his breeding records and inventory. if interested for the services-for-bates blacks exdeal, call me at our office (2)7212566, leave your contact number with our sec, cristine. offer good until the first programmer/cocker that fits the bill gets hired.

Post Thanks / Like
    bump.

Post Thanks / Like
    jlbs72 - thanks for the bump. I too a black fowl lover.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Richard BATES BLACK'S

El Espaņol

We aquired a young trio of the Bates Blacks early last year........I am not sure if we have any offspring out of them yet.......Will let you know when we have something ready to show!

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like

guys just want to ask exactly what is the composition of this Bates Blacks? are they Mcare? bonanza? etc. are they best fought pure or cross and to which line? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desertfire
    guys just want to ask exactly what is the composition of this Bates Blacks? are they Mcare? bonanza? etc. are they best fought pure or cross and to which line? thanks
    Jz wat i heared 8 was a Mclean/browred cross(correct me if am wrong)...so much speed & power w dis black though still lack of break bt they compensate w/der speed & power on d ground...& 8z game to d core...

Post Thanks / Like

Serge Capistrano told me a long time ago that they were canadian mugs cross to a hatch, (maybe mcleans or his bigtail?)

Post Thanks / Like

In the early 90's i've heard of this blacks called Nielsen blacks im not sure if i spelled it correctly they are nice looking birds I'm just not sure if this are that of RB or BPZ but the farm they came from is located at silang, maybe bro Emoy would be able to ask this from RB himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy
    Hello folks

Have you seen this fowl perform in PI? if so kindly tell something about them, bloodline and in what strain they came from. ive heard that they are performing well. making a high winning percentage. any inputs???

SALAMAT

Back in the mid 90's, I talked with MANNY ROXAS of silang cavite about this BATES BLACK, he told that its the cross of MUGs x BATES FOWL... in the late 80's MANNY gived MAYOR ARING POBLETE some of his MUGs and the offsprings keep on winning... R. BATES got his MUGs from MAYOR ARING and breed it in his own way and made this strain famous.....

Post Thanks / Like

Bates black

Al