Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ruble hatch

Post Thanks / Like

Bill Ruble Hatch

Where could a man get the old ( tuff lay in the dragpits for hours and still kill you stuff )

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bill Ruble Hatch

I Honestly do not know... but My brother has one good hen left and hes been looking for a cock to go with her. So far he has had no luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Bill Ruble Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by clearfork View Post
    i honestly do not know... But my brother has one good hen left and hes been looking for a cock to go with her. So far he has had no luck.
    my bro pls. Check ohio breeders they still have rubles fowla...

Post Thanks / Like

you need to talk to tony woods, kentucky i beleive. he has the rubles for years. pure white hatch green legged, and the red hatch green legged. my buddy just ordered a white hatch hen. im ordering a trio nxt week. mr woods is very nice to talk to and will send you video of their style. from what ive found, very game and successful. sk,gaff, and lk.

john

Post Thanks / Like

There is a retired teacher, gentleman (71yrs. old) in Ohio who has the gamest Ruble Hatch. He does sell fowl on a limited basis. His farm is a show place, set up perfectly for raising fowl. he spares know expense in raising healthy, well cared for fowl. He was friends with Billy Ruble, and actually drove to see him at the nursing home, right before his death. As a sign of respect, since Billy didnty recognize anybody towards the end.
    His Ruble Hatch are just plain tuff. Great for crossing on roundheads, butchers, kelso, etc.
    His Ruble Hatch are mostly pea comb, but you get the occasional straight comb, which are just as good if not better. (my opinion). Hens on dark side, Cocks can be lemon to medium.
    Station is also medium. typically 4-10, to 5-2.
    They can win pure, better show even better after crossed.
    If interested send me Private message for details.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if i am wrong, this is the same base bloodlines as the penny hatch. He just named them Sheryl penny after inheriting this bloodlines.

Post Thanks / Like

Top................................

Post Thanks / Like

Tony woods is sure to have some he had ruble hatches,white hatchs and some more i cant recall all of them but I know he had some ruble

Post Thanks / Like

I have them the ones I have are straight comb the hens are pale headed gentle mid station have been bred by me for 35yrs the man I got them from got them around 1960. Would consider selling some you could pick up in North Carlonia or can ship but prefer they be picked up to make sure you are getting what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

i have them straight comb lemon hackle madium station about 5lbs were shown at jefferson county in the gaff when it was legal

Post Thanks / Like

wow!!! old time billy ruble RIP from soddy daisy,TN.a friend of mine donnie hughes from knights of the pit he's from soddy daisy as well.once gave me a kelso crossed to a ruble hatch,it was one of the finest byrd ive seen.i wish i could help my friend,but when things went sour due to the sport being shut and all,"the real deal started to dissapear".thanks and god bless

Post Thanks / Like

Ronnie Boswell in Clayhatchee AL had rubles direct from Billy Ruble got them in 1964 he had a straight comb family and pea comb family.If I remember right the SC Family had some Claret blood in them. I used the straight comb family with my Redquill for years was too tight to show straight so I never kept many just enough to make crosses loaned them to my brother and lost them. Up till last year I had a few of the pea comb family but got tight on pen space and lets them and my Sid family go to make room for more singlemating of my old Brownreds and Asil crosses.I havent seen Ronnie in prob a year or two dont know if he still has any now or not but sure kept them for a long time--jim

Post Thanks / Like

robin hood had the best rubles i have ever seen bar none

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone have the rubles from rambler gamefarm?How do you like them?

Post Thanks / Like

ruble hatch

anybody knows who has the best rubles in the states looking to buy a broodcock? also if anyone has any fowl for sale that came direct from breeders in the states let me know what you have thks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ruble hatch

I got a friend of mine in Texas that his brother in law has some good looking Rubles.

Post Thanks / Like

u have his contact and do you how much those he sells his broodcocks any pics by any chance?

Post Thanks / Like

Pm me for the ruble hatches i know someone

Post Thanks / Like

i had a friend who gifted me a ruble trio, went a got the cock the other day... still have to go back to get the hens when he catches them up ... hope they do as good for me as they did for him...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whitehackle22 View Post
    i had a friend who gifted me a ruble trio, went a got the cock the other day... still have to go back to get the hens when he catches them up ... hope they do as good for me as they did for him...
    good luck sir i really like this breed of fowl i have some hens that one of my uncle gave me they are f1 of a trio he got from a guy in alabama he pay $2500 for the trio

Post Thanks / Like

Must of been from Mr sylvester

Post Thanks / Like

pm my friend MAHAL.he can hook you up to a great ruble breeder.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Eligio, ill be posting pictures of them later on this week after i get the rest of my brood pens set up.. ive got the cock in with one of my grey hens (coal dust line)he is a very good looking cock, and has proven himself, my friend gave him to me straight out od the brood pen, and put in a stag(an offspring from the cock) to switch him out with... im going to try that cross and see what i can come up with .. but im also going to be raising some pure ruble hatch as well, should be going after my hens sometime this week, whenever my friend catches them up. he turned them out to let them freshin up before going back in the brood pens this season... but i have no money in them but that where most of my best stock has came from was through friendship, i just had to promise my ol' friend some pullets this year, off of them lol ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by east tx 903 View Post
    Must of been from Mr sylvester
    i ask my uncle and he said he only remember the guy were glasses he dont remember the name because he dont speak english he paid a guy to go with him to alabama to translate for him..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eligio orozco View Post
    i ask my uncle and he said he only remember the guy were glasses he dont remember the name because he dont speak english he paid a guy to go with him to alabama to translate for him..
    he also said that guy only had rubles and greys in his farm

Post Thanks / Like

just want to share my friends Ruble hatch his been breeding this line for almost 25 years

Post Thanks / Like

Do the ruble hatch come in blue leg also? Im not a hatch guy mainly whitehackle/gull/RH bloodlines but A buddy of mine had a pair of Ruble hatch but they were blue leg??

Post Thanks / Like

Eligio,
    Try this guy I don't know much about his ruble line but here's a pic. pm "or gallo" he knows him the prices are $150.00 per stag and $100.00 per hen. His name is scotty witham from Oregon # 1-503-324-8841.
    yfis,
    gallero210

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect-Gull View Post
    Do the ruble hatch come in blue leg also? Im not a hatch guy mainly whitehackle/gull/RH bloodlines but A buddy of mine had a pair of Ruble hatch but they were blue leg??
    my buddy got some blue leg pullets from his we culled them we breed toward the green legs they could be as good or better but we like the green leg better

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my Ruble, like him allot.