Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My roosters won't face!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My roosters won't face!

Longheel, You are a asset to the young cockers starting out. Thank You
    Last edited by bluered58; December 28th, 2012 at 09:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would pen them and place pullets...a few roos will more likely to become more skittish when their combs and wattles are parted...give them time...they will show, as long as they are gamebirds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchstag View Post
    I purchased 3 roosters from a man near by say Rooster A, B and C. He probably didn't feed them for months and all bones show. I wanted to increase their weights and spar to see how they do. Today, I brought them out to the yard and rooster A won't face rooster B but will face rooster C. Rooster B will face rooster A but won't face rooster C. Rooster C won't face neither A nor B. so if i put B and C next to each other their feather on the head stands up trying to run from one another but I put B near the A he will get cocky..... What can I do? don't let them see each other for a while and hope they will forget each other's face?
    Hey bud....just stay in touch with me and i will send u a good young pair of hatches.....u can get pure Saucer hatch or Saucer hatch and Red Fox hatch crossed.....either way good chickens

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longheel View Post
    Because I was lucky enough to inherit good fowl. When you inherit good fowl peaple are constantly giving you good fowl. When this happens you have a lot of good hens just sitting around. If he takes me up on this I challenge another good cocker to give him atop notch cock!!!
    I will give you the cock just pm me when ready, yfis, Bob

Post Thanks / Like

just checking back on abc roosters or have they Already Been Cooked

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    just checking back on abc roosters or have they Already Been Cooked
    Haha.....damn blades u crack me up sometimes.....maybe he aint had to do all that yet

Post Thanks / Like

I have a white kelso stag that is 10 months old and is not facing but I was told that it takes white roosters longer to mature. I'm new to the sport and would like to know what y'all think I should do with him, keep em, cull em or what. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your offer to help. Yesterday i felt disappointed but today reading your comments and offer to help I feel very lucky and appreciated. I just went outside and took a few photos to make it less confusing. No they haven't been cooked yet!

This is cock A, when i left him with females he was looking good and cocky.

He even scared the cock B-2 year old cock

This is when another cock C comes to the scene.

Now the weird thing is that cock B got scared by the grey bird will face the cock C above! headace.
    Last edited by Hatchstag; December 29th, 2012 at 02:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcorey View Post
    I will give you the cock just pm me when ready, yfis, Bob

Thanks Bob and to all the others that have offered a fellow cocker in need of a good start. hatchstag just pm me and i will be happy to help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

let me know what you get from the other guys and i might have something that will work for you

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious , how much did you spend on those three ?

Post Thanks / Like

Cull them and take these guys offers! Its better to start right so you can enjoy the sport. Raising those type of birds, you will surely lose interest. We need and welcome newcomers to the sport.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your offer to help. Yesterday i felt disappointed but today reading your comments and offer to help I feel very lucky and appreciated. I just went outside and took a few photos to make it less confusing. No they haven't been cooked yet!

Now the weird thing is that cock B got scared by the grey bird will face the cock C above! headace.

Hey bud.....not being an @ss but them birds dont look right.....just take a pair of these Saucer hatches im offering and i promise u will enjoy them.....when they reach 8 months old they will face anything....sometimes even me lol....but they r some bad boys and can hold there own with any....all i can do is offer bud

Post Thanks / Like

he will never show if you keep trying to make him while he is under hack,how long have you had them on your place,a rooster that isnt bred good will hack up when they are moved to a strange yard
    Last edited by Windwalker; December 29th, 2012 at 03:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by youngcocker17 View Post
    I have a white kelso stag that is 10 months old and is not facing but I was told that it takes white roosters longer to mature. I'm new to the sport and would like to know what y'all think I should do with him, keep em, cull em or what. Thanks
    If he aint but 10 months old then give him a lil while.....most white fowl are late maturing.....just like my Blacks....they r late to mature but when they do they can roll

Post Thanks / Like

this should be a good lesson to all the new cockers out there.if you neglect your roosters they will be ruined forever.they need your attention year round to reach their full potential.gameness is sex related an if they are neglected as young growing stags then they will never fully mature or reach their full potential.keep them wormed an give them the best feed an vitamins you can,also a good range where they can get excercise,sunshine an fresh grass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ttate View Post
    If he aint but 10 months old then give him a lil while.....most white fowl are late maturing.....just like my Blacks....they r late to mature but when they do they can roll
    Thanks for your help. I'm glad there are people like you to help the newcomers like me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by youngcocker17 View Post
    Thanks for your help. I'm glad there are people like you to help the newcomers like me.

No problem bud.....just pm me anytime

Post Thanks / Like

It just amazes me guys REALLY!!! Where I'm from there is no chance in getting someone elses chickens especially not for FREE!!!! Its just extremely odd to me this is definitely a suprise! I'm truly proud that I joined this site!!! Some of you guys are TRUE GENTLEMAN COCKERS! THANKS!

cockfighter_199

Man by looking at the spur on that grey cross looking bird he should have been facing a while ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john barrocan View Post
    wheelers a feather away from being a runner
    Words to the wise. Hehe...I like that. Well said!

Post Thanks / Like

that grey cross looking bird looks like a egger cross of some kind, he may not be but look at his stance and build.

cockfighter_199

Man take peoples advice It is all about being Game that is what it is all about. There are too many good fowl available to play with junk.

Post Thanks / Like

once rooster been starved he will never be same trust me get rid of them before you waste more money

Post Thanks / Like

Get the AXE out and quit wasting feed..Chickens like that will do nothing for you but waste your money..Seriously,I wouldn't dare to try and make something out of those chickens when they won't even face..Way to many good chickens out here man to be messing with chickens like that..AXE them and get you some real game chickens because those aren't game!

Post Thanks / Like

Get rid of what you have and take the offer. It will save you a lot of time and money in the long run. If you got any hens or pullets from him I'd get rid of them as well. But if you just have to keep them pen them up and deworm, feed them good for about 3 months. Do you think you would feel like fighting if your full of worms and weak from not being fed right? Probably not.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased 3 roosters from a man near by say Rooster A, B and C. He probably didn't feed them for months and all bones show. I wanted to increase their weights and spar to see how they do. Today, I brought them out to the yard and rooster A won't face rooster B but will face rooster C. Rooster B will face rooster A but won't face rooster C. Rooster C won't face neither A nor B. so if i put B and C next to each other their feather on the head stands up trying to run from one another but I put B near the A he will get cocky..... What can I do? don't let them see each other for a while and hope they will forget each other's face?
    You bought 3 culls.Once chickens have been starved like that they will always culls.Next time put all your money into 1 rooster that is healthy.Another thing,if a guy will let his chickens starve like that he is not a true roosterman and therefore his fowl were probably culls to start with.Who ever first showed you a chicken that got your interest did not point you to this guy to buy his fowl did he?Use quality money,get quality fowl,from reputable breeder.Buying culls will cost you in the long run.
    Last edited by samiyam007; December 30th, 2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

I want to give my thanks to Longheel. At first, I thought you was just joking and not being serious about giving me your hen because I know a good hen would worth a lot of money but I contacted and send shipping cost anyway. I didn't think much about it. Well a few days later, the postal brought over to me a beautiful hen! I am delighted. I'm going to get rid of all the hens in my yard and start with this hen. Again, thank you very much for your generosity and your big heart willing to help new comer like me. I will always remember the day you gave me that hen.
    Last edited by Hatchstag; January 19th, 2013 at 03:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

let it learn confidence.

give each rooster 3 females for 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest you keep those A-B-C in your yard and try to learn as much as you can from them. Then take up longheel and others on their offer to send you good birds. Everyone has to start from somewhere and I'm sure you'll figure out the best for your birds in time. Good luck.