Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MADIGAN GREY

Post Thanks / Like

MADIGAN GREY

any info history on madigan/madigin grey? the breeder posted that he maintained it for 65 years.....just heard the name....what is the fighting style? like the clarets? i am a greyman....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MADIGAN GREY

a friend of mine in al had them and was very very very succesful with em one season he didnt loose one in lk,, and he didnt just show a few he won derby after derby with em in lk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey!!! View Post
    a friend of mine in al had them and was very very very succesful with em one season he didnt loose one in lk,, and he didnt just show a few he won derby after derby with em in lk
    wow....tnx for the info/ reply on this thread....

well...maintaining it for 65 years....this speak really well...

thank you very much sir!
    yfis
    joey

Post Thanks / Like

any pics of these kinds of grey family?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom View Post
    any pics of these kinds of grey family?
    I'm pretty sure that BlackStealth's avatar is a Madigin. They should look like a Law or Frost grey.

Here some of my Laws.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaOkie View Post
    I'm pretty sure that BlackStealth's avatar is a Madigin. They should look like a Law or Frost grey.

Here some of my Laws.
    tnx so much sir for the info and the pictures...but are they one and the same?
    law grey and madigin grey? or they are not?...the pics i saw are white legged greys...dnt know authenticity...but yellow or white as long it is the blood and the fighting styles....

Post Thanks / Like

Madigins do come Pearl leg. They pretty much the same. Law & Frost was started from Madigin grey.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good cutting fowls is what I know about this bloodline. Slipspur's greys are I think Madigan Greys. And yes, they are pearl legged which I think is from Madigan Claret blood. I'm not sure though as to its real blood composition.

Post Thanks / Like

Madigan greys come 100% straight combed 100% yellow legged no white legs if they have white legs they aint pure dad fought them in the lk 8 r 10 years ago at sally gap and 229 and won 100% with the pure ones one year won 9 derbys that year with 14 brothers there just to hard to raise hatch 50 chicks raise two stags so he quit raisin them

Post Thanks / Like

tnx y'all for the info.....

@hitmonkey2....2 male for 50 chicks? wow...hard to raise and fight...maybe you say plus culling....only 2 stags worth to raise? or you had 48 pullets?....thats plenty chicken broth.....

Post Thanks / Like

no what he means is they would hatch fifty chicks and by time pennin time came there wouldn be but just 2 or 3 stags not from varmits they just couldn make it as chicks once they got pennin size they was fine it was just hard to get em that big so they just culled em all,,

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah raised 20 pullets and 2 stags the last year we raised them if one got cought by somethin it was a madigan stag just freak thing s happen and it was always to them just weak chicks overall
    Last edited by hitmonkey 2; January 18th, 2013 at 02:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

no what he means is they would hatch fifty chicks and by time pennin time came there wouldn be but just 2 or 3 stags not from varmits they just couldn make it as chicks once they got pennin size they was fine it was just hard to get em that big so they just culled em all,,
    Exactly they just could not take any thing rain one day it would kill 5or6 if them

Post Thanks / Like

ahhhh...ok sir....now i understand....their blood is very susceptible to colds and flu.....crossed to asil/orientals...maybe things will get better....

but maybe not for our country.....its so hot in our country....chicken diseases are plenty....they won't survive also....tnx...this is a great info....
    Last edited by grey/dom; January 18th, 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather quit fightin chickens than breed a aseel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey 2 View Post
    I would rather quit fightin chickens than breed a aseel
    hahahahahaha wow....thats a hard/strong statement...but roundheads had asils/aseels blood in them?
    Last edited by grey/dom; January 18th, 2013 at 02:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

ahhhh...ok sir....now i understand....their blood is very susceptible to colds and flu.....crossed to asil/orientals...maybe things will get better....

but maybe not for our country.....its so hot in our country....chicken diseases are plenty....they won't survive also....tnx...this is a great info....
    if u like aseels that would be fine but i would say a rh or kelso family do lil better for u with em! i started to try to breed rh in em and strengthen them a lil but never fooled with it

Post Thanks / Like

hahahahahaha wow....thats a hard statement...but roundheads had asils/aseels blood in them?
    thats true but u rhs have more of a flightier fightin style most of time instead of off beat like some asils do,, alot of american families have asil in em at some point but dont have the fightin style of asil

Post Thanks / Like

i seen dom in u name the ole guy that had the grey blood had a few doms on chord to fight and let some of the hens just run out one of em come of with some dom stags they was bad boys too, i had one that was 5x lk winner and fought em in battle royal only cut in em was in guts and it set infection and i culled em very good cuttin cock may be a cross that do good for u if u in fact have doms

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaOkie View Post

Here some of my Laws.
    Nice pics of those Law Greys.I should have a few of those soon now.I bought a trio of them from Ronnie Singleton a few months ago.I'm single mating them and Have a clutch of eggs from one of the Law hens under another hen now.I look forward to getting some hatched of early for a change.

Post Thanks / Like

if u like aseels that would be fine but i would say a rh or kelso family do lil better for u with em! i started to try to breed rh in em and strengthen them a lil but never fooled with it
    i dnt have them ....i planned to buy them and was intrigued with them....since i have madigin red clarets in my yard....and just hear the name....

my start of liking grey....when i was gifted by my godfather of a mcginnis grey...he call him mcgrey....he was awesome bc....and all his offspring....wins...1 or multiple in lk....thats when i fell in love with greys...i can crossed him to any blood....

i had just bought jimmy east mclean pair...and jarret bruner rounheads trio....maybe thats enough for now...still looking for a grey blood....but maybe later.... in this year....

Post Thanks / Like

i understand........................................ ..............................

Post Thanks / Like

i seen dom in u name the ole guy that had the grey blood had a few doms on chord to fight and let some of the hens just run out one of em come of with some dom stags they was bad boys too, i had one that was 5x lk winner and fought em in battle royal only cut in em was in guts and it set infection and i culled em very good cuttin cock may be a cross that do good for u if u in fact have doms
    my father likes/ breeds dom....i honor him...coz he influenced me in this sport...

my first pair i bought here is a chappel dom and feg hen....the dom now was bred to a boston hen on my yard by my brother....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Nice pics of those Law Greys.I should have a few of those soon now.I bought a trio of them from Ronnie Singleton a few months ago.I'm single mating them and Have a clutch of eggs from one of the Law hens under another hen now.I look forward to getting some hatched of early for a change.
    good for you sir.....goodluck with them and congratulations in advance....maybe in the near future...i would have that law grey blood in my yard...

Post Thanks / Like

Grey/Dom the cock in my avitar is a Madigan Grey. Great for any weapon. Good crossed to hatch or Kelso..

Post Thanks / Like

Just got done reading an old old account of the Madigin Grey. It was stated that the Madigin Greys are actually the same blood as the red Madigin Clarets. Madigin greys come Yellow and Pearl Legged. They were raised by a certain Hanky Dean for Col. JH Madigin in Canada. Apparently, Law got some and called them Canadian Frost Greys but infused Oconnel Albany in them to make his Law Greys.

Post Thanks / Like

Madigan cock Joe Goode hens

Brother to cock above yellow legged.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete Frost got his greys from Madigin. Law never called his Frost that I EVER heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStealth View Post
    Grey/Dom the cock in my avitar is a Madigan Grey. Great for any weapon. Good crossed to hatch or Kelso..
    thank you sir for the nice pic and info....and how are they as breed as some tell that they were very hard to raise? meaning survival percentage?

Post Thanks / Like

wow...so these means there are two kinds of frost greys out there?

history is awesome.....love the sharing guys....