Thread: B12. bad?

Post Thanks / Like

B12. bad?

I know tons of people on here use b12 to keep birds healty and which is good but sometimes when people use it while their birds are in keeps, the birds that werent on it were calm and normal, birds thats were on it seemed to eager to go get themselfs hurt. Jusy throwing it out tbere to see if any have the same experiance or the opposite.. hope all is well

-tyler

Post Thanks / Like

Re: B12. bad?

That would depend on the dosage and the time when they are administered...we here in the Philippines, normally give it 3 or 4 days before the fight, and with the proper dose, it gives the rooster enough aggressiveness without sacrificing smarts.

In my experience though, hatches and other dark fowls respond better to b complex capsules than injectibles.

elmer jucutan

Post Thanks / Like

i let a couple buddies have a show of lacy years back all were at least one time winners in the lk i went back to the cockhouse just in time to see them laying the needle to em never won a fight another guy ask me outside if they were mine i told him they were he ask what was wrong with them i told him the keep that was used from my experience you cant feed a roundhead like other fowl mine do better straight outta the flypen b12 is like anything else it is good if used properly

Post Thanks / Like

I dont like it the last week of the keep due to it drying out the moisture in the blood stream before it does anything else.. unless I need to dry a rooster out due to humidity or weather if I'm feeding fowl that show better on the dry side such is sometimes the case with roundhead fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

TYLER ive been using b12 for year in my keep
    and year round to keep my birds feeling good
    wat ur talking about sound like an over doase.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO B-12 calms them down to let them rest properly. Cocks don't become aggressive or extra alert until the system removes the excess B-12. I have been using B-12 and B-12 Liver & Iron for over 30 years and still do today with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rooster doesn't become aggressive because of b12, aggressiveness has many reasons, bloodlines for one...

They seem to look aggressive due the fact that they have rested well, the muscles had recovered well, mentally focus and physically ready to fight.

Every pharmaceutical products has drawbacks, nothing is perfect but if the good outweighed the bad effects then its a no brainer.

I give my stags and cock it's last dose of b12 the night before the fight. Simply because I want them to rest and relax since the next day will be stressful for them eg. Travelling, cock house noise etc.

Namaste

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with you mudflap

mudflap IMO B-12 calms them down to let them rest properly. Cocks don't become aggressive or extra alert until the system removes the excess B-12. I have been using B-12 and B-12 Liver & Iron for over 30 years and still do today with no problems.
    this is a true statement

Post Thanks / Like

As an alternative. I use a lil cinnamon sprinkled on the feed during the entire keep so they rest well everytime they hit the stalls waking up like us people do after a good nights sleep and ready to work. Not to mention its a natural stress reliever which is good cause alot of fowl stress out due to going from pens or cords to the stalls and its a natural remedy for several stomacher and intestine related problem. Even gas and indegestion in humans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcocker View Post
    As an alternative. I use a lil cinnamon sprinkled on the feed during the entire keep so they rest well everytime they hit the stalls waking up like us people do after a good nights sleep and ready to work. Not to mention its a natural stress reliever which is good cause alot of fowl stress out due to going from pens or cords to the stalls and its a natural remedy for several stomacher and intestine related problem. Even gas and indegestion in humans
    No wonder why the fowl you feed are snappin and doing very well. Cinnamon when used at the right time works wonders.

Post Thanks / Like

B-12 knocks my birds flat everytime. I was most likely used it wrong, but it wasn't worth it to me to use it anymore. I do however give my birds cinnamon and brown sugar during the keep

Post Thanks / Like

Its a timing supplement give 3days at the correct dosage and theyll show a step better, if they were good birds to begin with

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GamestGameFarm View Post
    TYLER ive been using b12 for year in my keep
    and year round to keep my birds feeling good
    wat ur talking about sound like an over doase.
    Im not saying its no good im saying that ive seen a few good roosters act silly on it thats all

Post Thanks / Like

Give a 1/2 cc 36 hours before the derby starts and see what happens to your rooster.He will be on fire.Never give the day of the derby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelRiver View Post
    Give a 1/2 cc 36 hours before the derby starts and see what happens to your rooster.He will be on fire.Never give the day of the derby.
    What he's saying is b12 is about TIME. You want to give it 36 hours before you sit the rooster down. Less than 36 hours and he will come out sluggish. Too far over 36 hours and you will see no effect. That's just how it works. Period. You have a small window.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsaw View Post
    What he's saying is b12 is about TIME. You want to give it 36 hours before you sit the rooster down. Less than 36 hours and he will come out sluggish. Too far over 36 hours and you will see no effect. That's just how it works. Period. You have a small window.
    Yea I guess so, some people swear by it but ive seen too many negative effects rather than "the bird won because he was on b12"

Post Thanks / Like

I won't give it closer than 3 days before a fight just because fight time is an uncontrollable thing usually.

Post Thanks / Like

The birds I seen "on it" were to hyorr and went to go get thenselfs hurt

Post Thanks / Like

B12 too me should be called the old reliable, this stuff works and helps too complete the pointing process. When administered correctly, B-12 will help rest and relax your fowl before fight time so come fight day they feel good and our sharp. Like good knifemen use differet stones to sharpen their knives. Good roostermen use b-12,b-complex vitamins or other suppleents to sharpen their roosters.

Post Thanks / Like

I always heard of b-12 being refered to as a matabolism stimulant. Would that make em stay active instead of resting?

roundhead man

Quote Originally Posted by tylerjapsil View Post
    The birds I seen "on it" were to hyorr and went to go get thenselfs hurt
    Sorry to say but that there had nothing to do with the b12

Post Thanks / Like

agreed roundhead man b-12 is good to help point a bird.
    i use it mosty to point and if one is sore form working get him
    a bit peppy for the next work period.
    Last edited by GamestGameFarm; January 22nd, 2013 at 03:24 AM. Reason: miss spellings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roundhead man View Post
    Sorry to say but that there had nothing to do with the b12
    weird, the birds that were on it must of just had a complete character change that their own owner never seen.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a bottle of b-12 plus b complex. i was wondering whats the proper dosage and how often during the keep? and all ive been using lately is electrolytes and red cell in water 1 a week and good care and fresh water and ive ben doing very well this season. i have not been giving them any doses of anything. even though I've been doing well this season am i missing out on something and try giving them some of the b-12 plus b-complex or just keep doing what i am doing? thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how strong your b complex is. One CC def won't hurt a thing

roundhead man

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsaw View Post
    Depends on how strong your b complex is. One CC def won't hurt a thing
    In my opinion 1cc of b-12 plus b complex is to much I would go only 1/2 cc then after that followed up with 1/4cc

Post Thanks / Like

i never giver mine over a 1/2 cc at a time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roundhead man View Post
    In my opinion 1cc of b-12 plus b complex is to much I would go only 1/2 cc then after that followed up with 1/4cc
    Like I said it depends on the strength. Usually b complex is weaker than b12.

Besides you aren't going to overdose them...