Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bill roberts?

Post Thanks / Like

bill roberts?

does anyone have any experience with the bill roberts fowl?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: bill roberts?

My uncle passed on his fowl to me but He never had his red or white butchers just the spangled ones. My avatar is the old broodcock. They cross well with roundheads, spangled hatch, and kelso. I tried them with Albany when I had it and blueface but I didnt like them not too good at the shows. I like that they are good cutters and game but their not smart like roundheads. You have to remember what worked for me might not work for u.
    http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showpho...r-pair&cat=500

Post Thanks / Like

i got a spangled butcher stag ang a radio pullet from him in october, the stag had a pea comb though

Post Thanks / Like

I only get pea comb if I cross onto Lacy roundhead, but that cross sounds good. They both have almost the same attributes. Radio tend to be short in station, but use the pullets from that mating and breed them back to the father. If you can try to get some pure Roundhead pullets like Cowans or Lacy if you can and cross that stag to them!

Post Thanks / Like

the spangled butcher stag had a pea comb, i thought if they were pure they were straight comb

Post Thanks / Like

Bill roberts butcher ? Who knows what is in them, they can come anyway you want them, he will sell you any color, shape ,size but they are used by the best breeders in the world, everyone likes his butchers, theyve won millions and everyone should buy one, if you dont believe me just ask him ,lol

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about Bill Morris?? I heard stories about Bill Morris! Someone that knew him well said he would help ship for him and said that Bill would tell him if they look like hatch its good enough for him and if they looked like Grey then they are Richardson grey.

Post Thanks / Like

when i first called him he was saying how so and so won a ton of money with his birds in a big derby, he had all kinds of "good" storys about people using his fowl, the same big storys he tells everyone

Post Thanks / Like

You have to understand these people are in a business to make money, all these big time farms have large feed bills to pay and supplies, so yea they win big but also lose big. You as the buyer need to see how you can improve the existing bloodline or you can ruin it. As for me I always record my fowl and view the tapes in slow motion, like a coach and see if I can improve them or if they any good to show and win those "Blue Ribbons".

Post Thanks / Like

ya i guess i just dont want to mess around with "bad blood" if they do turn out to be bad

Post Thanks / Like

I have never owned any but knew people that did, some good some not, he used to claim them as seperate lines but now he claims all colors and leg colors are the same line you get spangle, white, red, yellow and white leg out of any, if your birds are as good as he says, he shouldnt have to talk so much to sell them, but they will put your kids through college and a new car in your garage, lol

Post Thanks / Like

I need a new car and pay my college loans Off! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect-Gull View Post
    You have to understand these people are in a business to make money, all these big time farms have large feed bills to pay and supplies, so yea they win big but also lose big. You as the buyer need to see how you can improve the existing bloodline or you can ruin it. As for me I always record my fowl and view the tapes in slow motion, like a coach and see if I can improve them or if they any good to show and win those "Blue Ribbons".
    you are right, but always start with the best you can

Post Thanks / Like

if his chickens are so good he shouldent have to advertise in the gamecock every month

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey12 View Post
    if his chickens are so good he shouldent have to advertise in the gamecock every month
    I know some guys that love the white ones, they get speckled ones out of them but they like em alot, all u can do is try em and see if they suit u

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N.C. flarry eye View Post
    I have never owned any but knew people that did, some good some not, he used to claim them as seperate lines but now he claims all colors and leg colors are the same line you get spangle, white, red, yellow and white leg out of any, if your birds are as good as he says, he shouldnt have to talk so much to sell them, but they will put your kids through college and a new car in your garage, lol

For a Guy to say a lot against a breeder And admit never owning one...,pure hearsay!!! LOL

I bought one stag from Bill Roberts and I would honestly say the one I got is worth the money I paid!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey12 View Post
    the spangled butcher stag had a pea comb, i thought if they were pure they were straight comb
    I have messed with Bill Roberts Butchers in the past and I know a guy who still has some. The good ones are damn good fowl but, in over 10 years of being around them I never seen a pea comb Bill Roberts butcher.

I used to cross them on hatch and do good with them. We crossed them on Red Richardson Butcher and did well with those also.

I have seen them pure wrecked and crawl across the pit using their wings to get at the other rooster.

There has been some people who claim to get junk from him. I can not speak for them but, can only speak of my experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

Take this for what its worth,i bought a dozen eggs from him i raised one stag.I bred it to a butcher hen i bought from a friend and raised good fowl.i bred the stag back too his daughters
    and raised good fowl.I bought a cock from roberts and bred it to them they were good yrs later
    i recieved a spangle hen from Randy in missouri and bred her, again good fowl.I wish i still had these.i wouldnt buy any today from him i guess i got lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

he's a crook for the most part.. like most people when you talk to'm.. IF THEY LIKE YOU YOU GET THE BET IF THEY DONT' YOU GET THE REST! DONT EVER FORGET THAT....i know someone who got some from him... they were amazing birds crossed onto his hatch! all the birds would out spar everything on the yard!!!took'm to the s/k show.. met the other bird in the air.. hit the ground other bird dead.. 2nd fight other bird didn't go up with'm.. hit the bird... squaked and ran to the hills!! every single one of them were dung hill chickens! none of them would stay! sparring they were amazing.. just werent steel game birds!! the hatch birds, they've had one run in the 40 years of having them........ so i doubt it was the hatch in'm.. i know a few other people who gott'm.. save your cash.. buy from others..

Post Thanks / Like

Bill roberts butcher ? Who knows what is in them, they can come anyway you want them, he will sell you any color, shape ,size but they are used by the best breeders in the world, everyone likes his butchers, theyve won millions and everyone should buy one, if you dont believe me just ask him ,lol
    lmao so true...................

Post Thanks / Like

His birds were good in the early 90's they are junk I seen it with my own eyes find someone that got them before they went down hill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Buddha View Post
    For a Guy to say a lot against a breeder And admit never owning one...,pure hearsay!!! LOL

I bought one stag from Bill Roberts and I would honestly say the one I got is worth the money I paid!
    Like i said, i know several people thats got or had them and i talked to the man himself, sen enough of them to know i wont have any, you keep yours and ley me know as soon as you become the next millionhier, there is a reason i dont own any, i couldnt handle having all the money i would make with them, lol, if they was as good as he says he wouldnt have to talk so much to try and sell them,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyny View Post
    His birds were good in the early 90's they are junk I seen it with my own eyes find someone that got them before they went down hill
    or better yet get proven,reliable fowl from an honest breeder that is known for having game roosters.theres plenty out there no need in gambling your hard earned money on a known chicken peddler

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: bill roberts?

Quote Originally Posted by kywolf View Post
    or better yet get proven,reliable fowl from an honest breeder that is known for having game roosters.theres plenty out there no need in gambling your hard earned money on a known chicken peddler
    Hey wolf u are up late, or is it early, always great advice you give

Post Thanks / Like

Like i said, i know several people thats got or had them and i talked to the man himself, sen enough of them to know i wont have any, you keep yours and ley me know as soon as you become the next millionhier, there is a reason i dont own any, i couldnt handle having all the money i would make with them, lol, if they was as good as he says he wouldnt have to talk so much to try and sell them,
    The thread starter ask those who have experienced with BR's chicken fowl!!!

Post Thanks / Like

we all have had a experience with him.. we experienced our friends being morons and buying from him.. he's a crook that sales crap birds.......... the end lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The line my uncle acquired were from 1999 and they were the spangled ones, now 14 years later they still look like the original spangled ones but he had infused Morgan white hackle into them now that he passed them in my hands I crossed them onto Roundhead and I can't say anything bad about them. Some people want a master piece in their hands straight out the bag! but some people like to mold their fowl to suit their needs, so like I said you can ruin a bloodline or perfect it. I like to perfect, hence the name "perfect Gull"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey wolf u are up late, or is it early, always great advice you give
    lol yep,its early,its a hard habit to break. working 14 years in a sawmill an it becomes habit.
    thanks alot, was just trying to stress the point you were making
    have you had a chance to make it up my way lately buddy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect-Gull View Post
    The line my uncle acquired were from 1999 and they were the spangled ones, now 14 years later they still look like the original spangled ones but he had infused Morgan white hackle into them now that he passed them in my hands I crossed them onto Roundhead and I can't say anything bad about them. Some people want a master piece in their hands straight out the bag! but some people like to mold their fowl to suit their needs, so like I said you can ruin a bloodline or perfect it. I like to perfect, hence the name "perfect Gull"
    when you buy birds from someone and you breed them 2 years later you put a set of gaffs on a cock the first buckle goes good the second he gets cut then runs that's all that work for nothing you can not put game in a runner its impossible once there not game its over I don't what you say you haven't got good birds if you think you need to make them good

Post Thanks / Like

Some people have had bad experiences with someone's birds but I have not had experiences like that in shows but all I'm saying is you can't expect to have 100% wins due to the well known name. If I get a trio from a farm then my buddy gets the same trio years later I guarantee they are not going to be exactly the same!