Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bill roberts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: bill roberts?

I better stay out of it t his time, last time I said something he called me up cussing me and accusing me of beeing drunk LoL

Post Thanks / Like

Who Bill Roberts???? Everyone I know say Bill Morris is a Peddler but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect-Gull View Post
    Some people have had bad experiences with someone's birds but I have not had experiences like that in shows but all I'm saying is you can't expect to have 100% wins due to the well known name. If I get a trio from a farm then my buddy gets the same trio years later I guarantee they are not going to be exactly the same!
    Then they are not a good breeder I good breeder can keep them the same

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Bill Roberts called me up because I said his fowl was cold. And someone had told him what I said on here. I told him his white butchers ran when I sparred them. And this happened back when I was a teenager. He said how old was they I said 2 years old, then he told me his butchers had to be 3 years old before you could use them LoL horse crap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhammerFarm View Post
    I better stay out of it t his time, last time I said something he called me up cussing me and accusing me of beeing drunk LoL
    Ya and they need 3 years to get good lol

Post Thanks / Like

Great I'm gonna get another call now, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Buddha View Post
    The thread starter ask those who have experienced with BR's chicken fowl!!!
    oh im sorry buddy, my only experience is seeing my friends direct bill roberts butchers sull up as soon as they took steel that might not be enough experience for u but it made me a believer, but i didnt own any personaly so i geuss i dont have the experience of lots of money and time wasted, but like i said before i have a friend now that likes his, point being you dont know what you might get from a peddler, he probably dont know either, but he will tell you what you want to hear, if the ones you got are good and you like em then great, lets hear your experience

Post Thanks / Like

I'll save him a call, you freaking drunk,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyny View Post
    Ya and they need 3 years to get good lol
    Nah! three years there to old by then a little on the tuff side, have to power boil them suckers at that age

Post Thanks / Like

My brother had them he kept the white ones for l/k. cut real good but died even faster,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey12 View Post
    i got a spangled butcher stag ang a radio pullet from him in october, the stag had a pea comb though
    Real Butchers do not come with a pea comb. 100% straight comb.
    Mark M

Post Thanks / Like

lmao if u ever get a call from him again tell him to become a member on sabong and answer y he sales people average/junk birds... i think its funny how hes worse then a cars sales men trying to sale his chickens

Post Thanks / Like

He's better than a cars sales man because he screws you without no KY jelly! LoL

Post Thanks / Like

lmao.......................

Post Thanks / Like

LOL KY jellies, peddlers, car salesmen and millionaires, morons and freaking drunks... guys take a chill pill and down it with a beer

my experienced with BR...well i always do my homework before i trade my $$$ with a damn chicken...saves lots of heartaches hehehe..do some search...key words is...PICKED FOWL FROM THE BREEDERS FARM...avoid phone order not just BR but also to all breeders especially those so called big timers, unless you are putting a bid at an auction where peddlers often roams, try Oakridge, now nothing wrong with buying at an auction, you may get a good one, just don't whine when the fowl you got didnt met your expectations!

check this link

http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showt...oberts+butcher

swtrhtch1925

Re: Bill Roberts Butchers!!!
    All I can say is no matter who and how commendable a breeder is, pick up the stock for yourself. Like what i have said before, I know and have seen the dunghills from Mexican friends, and also the consistent winners which where acquired from Bill Roberts. Those who just called and had it shipped to them had most of the dunghills. Those who pick the stocks from him personally has a higher percentage of winning. In my personal opinion, his culling method is just not that tight. I mentioned this to him already but at his age - who knows...

Good luck to all..

there are other threads too, just search, and BR's web is RobertsFinefowl.com....decide if you still wants his fowl
    Last edited by Golden Buddha; February 10th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As I stated in a previous thread,years ago my Father and I received a letter from Bill Roberts wanting to know the breeding of our Butchers. He went onto state that his "Butchers" WERE NOT 1/2 Speeder and1/2 Groves Whitehackle as the Butchers originated by my Grandfathers were. So who knows what he has? So I guess there must be 2 different strains of Butchers out there. Also his letter went unanswered.
    Mark Marsh

Post Thanks / Like

I cant remember which thread I had posted on previously about the BR spangle butchers so I figured this one would be good as any..I promised to post the outcome of the 1/2br butcher 1/2 lacy rh stags that I was testing at 8.5 mo old this year due to my worries of cold blood like everyone has stated....I only had the chance to test 2 of them due to my whitehackle cross that I was testing drawed 1st and lost 2nd. But the butcher cross was 3rd and 4th. The 3rd won in first pitting and the 4th won in long long drag With both blinkers out. All stags had not been trimmed either and were just fed and scratched for keep....and sure this was all where was legal and all that bs

Post Thanks / Like

I'm beginning to think there are several on here that can't and probably shouldn't be fooling with chickens. Many of you go buy trios from a guy that has an ad and expect to win 100% with the eggs. If it were that easy I know guys that just sell battlefowl. That's what you're after anyway. Something to have a good chance winning right out of the shipping box. It doesn't work that way. Granted there are good and bad birds in every strain. Many of the big time breeders have a cold chicken or a hen that maybe isn't at 100%. If you buy a trio and then raise the stock they are YOURS, not the guy you bought them from. You might do well with one strain and not another, that's life. As for Bill I can't dispute the fact he likes to talk. As for his birds, I've had his spangled butchers that I got second hand from a guy down in ky back in 2000 I paid the guy 400 for a trio. The cock was a 4x winner. I raised a ton of chickens from that trio. The first year out of 50 stags 40 saw fights 32 did well and 8 of those won multiple times. I'd say that's pretty good odds myself. So take that as you may. It might be better if you want spangled butchers to buy local to you because some of these guys friends bad luck with chickens will probably sway you from buying them from Bill. You'll always be taking a chance with mailorder birds unless you are good aquaintances with the seller. Peace out bros

19. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend ordered some direct and bred them. I got 1 to use is a show and he quit on me in the drag and tried to run. He would have jumped the wall if he wasn't wrecked so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

If people buys them or not it doesnt matter to me. They did extremely well sat night. And I dont see how someone can say there junk without buying them direct (themselves) and raising them.....hell I could take the gamest chickens in the world and make them run off. Without proper care the best chickens in the world are dunghills

Post Thanks / Like

called to inquire about his pumkin hulseys I could not get a word in for all his bullchit storys....such a blowhard he could blow up a onionbag!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msei View Post
    called to inquire about his pumkin hulseys I could not get a word in for all his bullchit storys....such a blowhard he could blow up a onionbag!
    I'll be honest with you friend, I know of a guy a lot closer to you with good hulseys. I personally wouldn't purchase them from Bill. Hulseys if you don't know are like the holy grail of you either got junk or jewel birds. They're a lot like other blue strains if you're of that school of thought. There's a lot more bad than good. Most Hulseys are bred today with the understanding that they sell good "cuz thar perty" They are beautiful birds but unfortunately that's become the focus..their looks. Find the right ones and you may very well get rid of everything else. This guy has got winning lines but he always catches me when funds are low. Luckily I have enough already but I'd still try his. When I see the guy post again I'll post his number.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by trueedge; December 30th, 2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: trying to add text

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

FIRE RITE BILL ROBERTS BUTCHER

Post Thanks / Like

Nice butcher looks good,Most people bash Bill Roberts and they should,But he did have good fowl at one time.I used to show a bunch mine were good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greyroosterman View Post
    Nice butcher looks good,Most people bash Bill Roberts and they should,But he did have good fowl at one time.I used to show a bunch mine were good
    Well, I have noticed that someone can buy a pair from a farm then someone can buy the same bloodline 8-10 years later and get totally different birds! My uncle had got some his spangled butchers from him back in 2001 and only crossed the with spangled hatches and Kelso and never did have a runner! But we never did use them straight either but I don't even have them pure anymore since the original hens were killed and the cock was the only one left and only kept a daughter from him to cross back I used her last year and got two stags from her and did ok with them not good enough to breed her again! So that's the only experience I had with his butchers but they tend to mature early around 9-12 months

Post Thanks / Like

I got pure butchers from Bill Roberts back in the early 90's....straight dunghill pure...crossed they would sull up...just my experience with them

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy got some bill roberts butchers years back i saw the stags were always scared not a good blood to work with but cut well, they dont win the majority and i would of culled them if they were mine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect-Gull View Post
    Well, I have noticed that someone can buy a pair from a farm then someone can buy the same bloodline 8-10 years later and get totally different birds! My uncle had got some his spangled butchers from him back in 2001 and only crossed the with spangled hatches and Kelso and never did have a runner! But we never did use them straight either but I don't even have them pure anymore since the original hens were killed and the cock was the only one left and only kept a daughter from him to cross back I used her last year and got two stags from her and did ok with them not good enough to breed her again! So that's the only experience I had with his butchers but they tend to mature early around 9-12 months
    i understand what your saying, you buy a trio and some people make them better or ruin them. the problem with bills fowl is that he doesnt give people time to ruin them because they are bad from the first generation on, you often hear that his birds sulk and im sure your one of the few lucky ones that got good ones