Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Wood Roundhead

Post Thanks / Like
    Ktrix, if I am not mistaken, Steve Sembeck and Leo of Canada, told me that George Torres has been using Steve's stock and doing very good with them. Steve S. seemed very honest and again Leo CF from Canada was the one that referred G.T. to him.

Good luck Ktrix.

Birchen, thanks for reminding me of Leo. I am sorry for baptising Leo as Sonny, that goes to show you how bad I am with names. At least I came close when I said Steve S was from Texas, it rhymed with Tennessee, not bad I am only missed the place by 1,000 miles.

William Branum
    I regret to say that I can't make the man Noonan Gortney famous but only his name. Noonan died several years ago. He was a close personal friend. He was from the old school of cockfighters. He was friends with William McRae, Johnny Faye Jumper, Dolan Owens, Granville Hester, and Herny Riddle to only name a few. In his later years he sold most of his cocks thats how they got around all the places I mentioned. Plus I have fought them myself for several years. I do not know Steve personally but I do know him and his birds. The ones I have seen him fight lack nothing. They are hard to whip and you better have a good one if you meet him in the pit !! I have been all over the U.S. and I honestly believe the best cocks are raised here in the Southeastern part of the country. Some people may disagree with me, and thats ok, everbody has a different opinion thats why we have so many different types of gamefowl. Anyway, there is one thing for sure, when you pit them you will find out if they are the good ones !!!! .. Good Day ... Nice to meet you guys ...

Birchen
    INDIAN, not sonny I think Leo of Canada that referred George Torres and Bebot Uy. Leo and Steve are good friends.

3BCA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EAA Indians and Sir William for the inputs and enlightenment my father likes the broodfowls esp the broodhen my father graded about 90% you're right S. Simbeck is very honest to deal with, highly recommended to fellow cockers.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve Simbeck

I acquired a pair of Steve Simbeck Roundheads about two years ago. The man is very polite, humble, amiable and is a class of his own. JR Belt personally endorsed the guy and was said to have one of the tightest family of Roundheads around. His is a set strain of two families that came from George Wood and another one which there family has maintained for 65 years. Periodically in about six years, Mr. Simbeck mates brother to sister to keep the genetic make-up close. He bred for Iron City entry before and has won numerous derby in the short and in the LK. He crosses them with his White Yankee Clipper, Hatches and some Whitehackles

He does not brag the idea of having the best fowls around; but you could call Johnny Jumper to verify this as JJ himself acquired several broodpens from Steve in three separate occasions, meaning he was satisfied with his first and second acquisitions and made the legend a repeat customer.

After two years of breeding the Simbeck Roundheads, I realized that the hen did not lay a single egg and it only took me a single phone call and without hesitation the man volunteered to have that hen replaced at no cost. What a man!!! a class act indeed.

His Roundheads are game, strong, fast ,good looking and most of all has the best bodies you can find. I am crossing them with my Circle L Blueface Hatches as suggested by the breeder himself.

I'm running out of nice words to describe the guy but if you plan to acquire some Roundheads, you won't go wrong with Steve, Cedreq and Co. just recently scored 5-0 using these fowls.

Spangle

Post Thanks / Like
    it seems most of the roundheads right now, whether they may be from george woods, hugh norman, jr. belt or steve simbeck all came from the venerable judge lacy. it's just a matter of how these guys maintained their kind of roundhead and hwat bloodlines they infused in order to maintain the kind of roundhead bloodline they got...

Post Thanks / Like
    i have mr george wood's r/h there great birds i also have the carl davis /george davis r/h from jerry adkins also great birds i would highly recomend both

Post Thanks / Like
    kenny, maybe you can post a picture of your rh from slick lizard so we can all catch a glimpse of it. is it a lacy roundhead? what are the origins of the rhs of slick lizard? to which bloodlines did you cross your rhs to?

Post Thanks / Like
    plenty of breeders used this type of rh's. the likes of

ray alexander
    steve simbeck
    dee cox
    wayne johnson

anyone know their fighting style, physical chareacteristics, etc. ? just want to compare them to what i got

Post Thanks / Like
    i got my lacy's via wood, lay and pope...i spoke to george wood
    last night. he's breeding a few lacy just to continue the strain but
    he does not sell and so is james pope. he still breeds them but only for personal use. he is not selling gamefowls anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he si with the Lord?

Sorry but as what I have heard from a dear friend wo got his george wood's lacy's from a guy who takes care of him before his passing is that GW was with our Creator now. I might be wrong!!

polegaff
    Has anyone got a brassback roundhead out of George Woods Lacy. I know he infused the brassback albany into them about 25 or 30 years ago to spruce them up some. Ive only seen one brass back and just wondering if anyone got them.

ellisgamefowl
    bump

edmundo
    read in the other sites that george woods passed away a few days ago. last year at the gathering in mac white's place, i was able to get on tape his version aobut his lacy roundheads. although the audio was not ideal, i am planning to show it in our tukaan program in the coming weeks - for everybody to see and hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

cheeser
    The above is correct The Cox Family has Carl Davis blood and Mr.Steve has had George Woods blood for 38 years(cocks side) the 2 hens bloodline originaly came from George 66 years ago before he added anything to them (Franky Dee) of Tenn.