Thread: breeders moving to mexico?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy breeders moving to mexico?

I have been hearing american gamefowl breeders want/are moving to Mexico, Philippines. Im proud that the US is known for its top breeders of gamefowl and would hate to see the day that this would come to a end. american breeders are our last hope Hate to see our heritage and to many our traditions lost forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: breeders moving to mexico?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSpangle View Post
    I have been hearing american gamefowl breeders want/are moving to Mexico, Philippines. Im proud that the US is known for its top breeders of gamefowl and would hate to see the day that this would come to a end. american breeders are our last hope Hate to see our heritage and to many our traditions lost forever.
    Got to understand it is their liviley hood and with the laws being what they are here, it only makes sense as they can't get the publicity to promote their fowl here like they used to when it was legal in the legal states..........besides it is kinda hard to believe it but I guarentee there is just as good a fowl on the small farms or in hands of cockers not as well known, be it on a smaller scale, the one thing that may be lost however is the breeders that leave the U.S. will adjust to the competiton and will likely not breed so much towards gameness as to performance, and no knife guys I am not trying to slander you guys but it is a known fact american standards and all others are just different

Post Thanks / Like

I been down here for almost 20 years now.... Work brought me here and little by little I brought my roosters with me... When I was a kid we only fought in the Gaff... game roosters understand.... Now I only fight in the Short Knife.. I will have to say your roosters have to be game... But they also have to cut and do it very quick... With my gaff roosters I only won maybe 50% when I first started fighting down here and when I did win my roosters were so cut up I was never able to repeat any.... So I had to adapt... Now I win a much highter persentage and repeat quite a few... So I guess what I am trying to say is if you plan to come down to Mx with your Gaff roosters be ready for a rough few years... I know I had them.....

Rancho El Zapote

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ranchoelzapote View Post
    I been down here for almost 20 years now.... Work brought me here and little by little I brought my roosters with me... When I was a kid we only fought in the Gaff... game roosters understand.... Now I only fight in the Short Knife.. I will have to say your roosters have to be game... But they also have to cut and do it very quick... With my gaff roosters I only won maybe 50% when I first started fighting down here and when I did win my roosters were so cut up I was never able to repeat any.... So I had to adapt... Now I win a much highter persentage and repeat quite a few... So I guess what I am trying to say is if you plan to come down to Mx with your Gaff roosters be ready for a rough few years... I know I had them.....

Rancho El Zapote
    You are right but, I will say this if ya got a ace gaff rooster he will do damn good in SK. A friend of mine that is all he used to show was SK. He told me them old gaff cocks can get it done in SK but, you have to have the gooduns. I seen several of them good old gaff roosters win clean in SK.

Post Thanks / Like

We should come together and make the gaff the official heel of the US. and breed for gameness, for we are breeding GAMEfowl! and establish American gamefowl once again as dead game birds. Mexico and other counties could have there fast birds, because no matter how fast you make them you still need good game seed fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Breeders are in the business if making money since its not lea gal anymore here in the states, so by moving to these countries they can sell and show their fowl and make more money and get your name known!! Here in the states they are just getting by... But most big breeders are doing partnerships with guys in these countries to breed their fowl and show them with the breeders name! This is what it's all coming down to!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Money, Money, money!! so sad to hear this, money should be the last thing on a breeders mind! Gamenesz comes first! What happen to being proud of your gamefowl you send your life to proven to be game, and heart! I would rather loose in the drag than win with a lucky shot!