Thread: Just a wish

Post Thanks / Like

Just a wish

Wish I as in the pi I would love to be able to breed game birds again and condition and fight them miss the heck out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just a wish

And to test my knowledge of the sport all over again just to see if I could fight with the big boys of the PI country

Post Thanks / Like

that wish is very attainable..unless your in the states then that's a bump on the road you have to get over..as far as chicken, that's not that hard to get..what is the problem?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the states and can no longer do the rings I once did because of the cry baby's her in my country that's why I wish I was I the pi

Post Thanks / Like

I would advise you bro to go over there and observe, time it during the world Slasher championship Derby there you will have the chance to meet fellow Americans Gamefowl breeders that have already settled in the P.I. You will also be able to get first hand information on how they did it. Peace

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you not try and get it legal here?Texas is about 1/2 hispanic now and growing.This is not counting all the other minorities as well as us good ol' country boys who would love to participate again.The hardest part is to organize everyone to get out and vote.MOTIVATION.How do we do it?The forward progress of the nuts has to be stopped,and then to start trying to undo the damage they have already done.What about money?Yes some money would be needed,but even a billion dollars will not reverse the laws without public support.The farmers,ranchers,hunters,fishers,rodeo-ers and the everyday meat eaters if banded together will out-vote the vegans who support the nuts that lobby against any animal use.
    Who is willing to spend one day a month to hang out at a feed store passing out flyers.Who is willing to post flyers at cafes and taquerias to gather support?Who is willing to go to fishing and hunting shows?Gun shows?Inform the NRA about the nuts taking away peoples right to hunt may lead to NO firearms??The nuts lie and use organized crime as a way of life to destroy our way of life,who is willing to stop them???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba game farm View Post
    Wish I as in the pi I would love to be able to breed game birds again and condition and fight them miss the heck out of it.
    Come to PI. Work or Have a business here and raise gamefowl

Post Thanks / Like

save up, learn the culture, befriend other expats who are into rooster fighting and when you are ready...pack your bags and head on to our Islands, to live your your dreams...but I have said to others with the same dreams...plan and save up...always have a fall back position.

elmer s jucutan

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=samiyam007;4377422]Why would you not try and get it legal here?Texas is about 1/2 hispanic now and growing.This is not counting all the other minorities as well as us good ol' country boys who would love to participate again.The hardest part is to organize everyone to get out and vote.MOTIVATION.How do we do it?The forward progress of the nuts has to be stopped,and then to start trying to undo the damage they have already done.What about money?Yes some money would be needed,but even a billion dollars will not reverse the laws without public support.The farmers,ranchers,hunters,fishers,rodeo-ers and the everyday meat eaters if banded together will out-vote the vegans who support the nuts that lobby against any animal use.

I agree it would take everyone of the groups mentioned, first we have show united front on our own and educate the other groups, like NRA, Rodeo, etc about what we really are and what cocking really is all about .....then when there is a dust up we all gotta go in hackles raised ready to go. I know where they first starting pushing this in the early 2000's we never got good turn out, then the same people who wouldn't organize were the first to complain and quit, now when I hear some of the complain it just pisses me off. I mean come on you had your chance and you were too lazy to grasp it and stand beside those of us who fought the bills tooth and nail, some of the old timers I know probably didn't have the education or know how, but if they had showed up @ the meetings it could have been worked out. First it was gamefowl, already limiting offshore fishing in some species, trying to take our guns, rodeo and/or hunting will be next, probably hunting b/c it would go hand in hand with gun control, the american people need to wake up

Post Thanks / Like

deepsouth I bet I was messing with roosters befor you were out of dippers and go back and read what i said you will see that I said that i wanted to go to the big PI to try my hand at gamefowl all over again. know i have a question for you do you rember the mid 80 when cockfighting was attacked by the same peopls here in oklahoma to tell me or to say in any way that i didnot stand up for what i belive in you are talking to someone that was ther standing next the men like leroy westbrook stub poynor gary carter poke savage and col.sparten and many others, and if you are calling me lazy you have the wrong person were you next to me in Iraq getting shoot at or even taking a bullet for the person next to you no you probly not so dont even say in anyway that i have never stood up for anything .my grand mother and grand father were reps for the OGBA in the 80 i went to all the meeting and gathering

Post Thanks / Like

deepsouth I bet I was messing with roosters befor you were out of dippers and go back and read what i said you will see that I said that i wanted to go to the big PI to try my hand at gamefowl all over again. know i have a question for you do you rember the mid 80 when cockfighting was attacked by the same peopls here in oklahoma to tell me or to say in any way that i didnot stand up for what i belive in you are talking to someone that was ther standing next the men like leroy westbrook stub poynor gary carter poke savage and col.sparten and many others, and if you are calling me lazy you have the wrong person were you next to me in Iraq getting shoot at or even taking a bullet for the person next to you no you probly not so dont even say in anyway that i have never stood up for anything .my grand mother and grand father were reps for the OGBA in the 80 i went to all the meeting and gathering
    i was in line at the crispy creme donuts with emilio estevez, you don't see me bragging lol jk

Post Thanks / Like

Bubba you took that way out of context, never in my post did I call you out personally and in my response, which was not to you, I was agreeing with Samiyam about banding together with other groups to fight for our rights. I have never wrote a post on here as a personal attack nor will I. I was simplying stating there was time when we could have stopped the tree huggers if we had all stood together without the need of banding together with the rodeo ppl, NRA or anyone else if everyone had done their part, I just know that in my part of the country there were rooster men every where, but when the time came to nut up or shut up they had other things to do and some of those still to this day whine about it, even though they wasn't game enough to stick it through, I still have my birds and still show em and by god I will till the day I die, so if I offended you I apologize, as that was not my intent, but you might want to slow down and read what is wrote before you jump to conclusions. My dad served in the Marines and while I never served in the military I have the upmost respect for all the service men and women of this country and I slaute all of you for the sacrifices made for our country
    YFIS
    DeepSouth
    Last edited by DeepSouth; March 17th, 2013 at 11:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont raise many and dont show many but what i do i enjoy i am and have been a law abiding citizen but when a bunch of panty waste think they can start telling me what i can and cant do they got another thought coming as long as i am able and own fowl if i want to show them i will and if they dont like it they can come and get me i might even furnish them with a address

Post Thanks / Like

Just a ? My grandfather and i have always wanted
    To send some birds to pi for some one to get them ready
    And for us to go see them fight,how would i find some one
    To do so?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there is a big difference in the birds in PI and birds in the us. There was a guy that won the wsc down there, i believe they called him pistol pete? i may be wrong but anyway, after winning the wsc he came up to show in gaff, and got destroyed, didnt win a single match. this was when it was legal of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyFowlMouth View Post
    I believe there is a big difference in the birds in PI and birds in the us. There was a guy that won the wsc down there, i believe they called him pistol pete? i may be wrong but anyway, after winning the wsc he came up to show in gaff, and got destroyed, didnt win a single match. this was when it was legal of course.
    you are right....lk birds are different from gaff birds...

lk is fast and furious...one mistake and your dead....

if you will fight in PI...you must breed lk birds....fly high...evasive....smart..cut...cut cut..and game....

gaff birds can also win...maybe...but maybe not for the whole derby...

lk fight in PI have only 1 round for 10 minutes and after you release your bird to fight...the second time you touch him is after the fight...either he wins or loose...sometimes the fight lasted only for seconds...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYIZNLrYCo"]FYT 25 - SNIPER vs CANDELARIA 2013 - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by grey/dom; March 18th, 2013 at 06:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they have different strong points that they are bred towards for each style of fighting. But with both styles it could take just 1 lucky shot to end it.
    Last edited by KyFowlMouth; March 18th, 2013 at 06:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Very true..fast sharp and high breaking
    I show the sk and thats why i would love
    To show long knife...golden grey/rh,or are
    Roundheds...sky is the limit..

Post Thanks / Like

i hope someday i can make it over there also.i have some so-called "gaff" roosters that i think could hang with anyone in the lk.
    but then again they just may prove me wrong but i would still love the chance to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Kywolf that what i want,if are chickens
    Can do it in sk...lk is no problem im willing to send
    Someone that is trustworthy so they can show them.. free of cost

Post Thanks / Like

Dreaming is free and dreaming fuels us to strive harder...I wish you guys can get the chance to show your birds here. Who knows, one of you guys and your fowls could be the next big thing in the WSC. I am from the Philippines and I still dream of having the chance to compete at araneta...It may never come to fore but hey...no ones stopping me from dreaming lol.

elmer s jucutan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kywolf View Post
    i hope someday i can make it over there also.i have some so-called "gaff" roosters that i think could hang with anyone in the lk.
    but then again they just may prove me wrong but i would still love the chance to try.
    This is what i'm talking about..... the beauty of this sport due to the different arms that can be used, Everyone will breed to their prefered weapon according to their geographical location, but the biggest rush is being able to travel or compete in a new venue, new competitors, and new environments...... once a certain competition has been dominated one would think common sense would be to go find the next place to dominate as a boxer would change weight classes..... that is if you are a strong competitor and not everyone is.........

Post Thanks / Like

Deepsouth I must apologize to you also, I know what you are saying is true but you know as well as I do that if you can't two people to agree on one thing, that is what has hurt our past time the most. Here in the ok we had beat the tree huggers for awhile, it al boils down to money the root of all good things that get outlawed, you both are wright. It should not matter what orgnassation we are from if we would all stand togather things would change. It would take time though. What I mean is when you get all the orgnassations togather the big thing would be the fight of who is the leader. The most important thing is that all the groups work togather to accomplish the things that the group wants and not to leave one out or throw one under the buss to save one. It will be a long road but it can happen . Heck lets start the world cockfighting boxing assoation. Just go down to you local town hall meeting and go befor them and ask for them to grant a monthly cock boxing match and that there will entry fees to compet and that there will be cash prizes and awards and that the town or county could tax all money befor paying winners and that they also get part of the gate money as for the specks on judging that is some thing contestants could deside who the judges are and what is to be judged heck it's proble a dream but could happen you never know anyway just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

Deepsouth I must apologize to you also, I know what you are saying is true but you know as well as I do that if you can't two people to agree on one thing, that is what has hurt our past time the most. Here in the ok we had beat the tree huggers for awhile, it al boils down to money the root of all good things that get outlawed, you both are wright. It should not matter what orgnassation we are from if we would all stand togather things would change. It would take time though. What I mean is when you get all the orgnassations togather the big thing would be the fight of who is the leader. The most important thing is that all the groups work togather to accomplish the things that the group wants and not to leave one out or throw one under the buss to save one. It will be a long road but it can happen . Heck lets start the world cockfighting boxing assoation. Just go down to you local town hall meeting and go befor them and ask for them to grant a monthly cock boxing match and that there will entry fees to compet and that there will be cash prizes and awards and that the town or county could tax all money befor paying winners and that they also get part of the gate money as for the specks on judging that is some thing contestants could deside who the judges are and what is to be judged heck it's proble a dream but could happen you never know anyway just a thought
    I think Lousiana had one of those cock boxing things, for awhile maybe they still do, saw something about it on the Nite Owl website, that really isn't a bad idea, break the people into slowly, let them seem there is more to the sport than what they are lead to believe, never know how something so small might take off, I always thought our biggest problem was ppl didn't really understand the sport, not downing anybody, but seems like the reporters always seemed to find the one person that said things that hurt us more than it helped us....no hard feelings brother

Post Thanks / Like

No hard feelings at all brother it might be somthing to look at we all had to crawl before we walked. I rember were a reporter had snuck a video camra into a pit and filmed a fight if I rember wright it was Kevin westbrook that was in the drag pit at texoma and the reporter said that he was crying for his rooster what it was is that it was in late may or early June and was in the upper 80 or 90 so it was just really swet that was poring down Kevin's face the next week end Kevin got teased by everyone when we all new what the real stroy was if I rember this would have bed in the late 80 or early 90 so I know what you are saying about how reporters twist and turn things around

Post Thanks / Like

I say heel em and bill em to hell with the tree huggers no since leaveing home to fight cocks when theres millions to fight here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw greys View Post
    I say heel em and bill em to hell with the tree huggers no since leaveing home to fight cocks when theres millions to fight here
    i agree the first guys that went away from home to fight em never left because they were forced to they were invited if keep letting these *******s take our rights we will settin in the yard in a bass boat wishin it was legal again to go fishin or starring at a hounds wishing we could go hunting piss on all the animal nut tree huggers

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I agree with you 100% and I wouldn't piss on the tree hugging som bitches if they were on fire, but I would love to reverse the trend and win some rights back if for nothing else than to piss them off

Post Thanks / Like

Me too but all the city folks and tree huggers are going to be hard to win over they dont understand the gamecock would rather fight than eat, breed or breath

Post Thanks / Like

Me too but all the city folks and tree huggers are going to be hard to win over they dont understand the gamecock would rather fight than eat, breed or breath
    Yeah I know it makes me sick to hear the dumbass animal rights people trying to explain game chickens in general, they have no clue WTF they are talking about and trying to educate the public