Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter Uy's Farm

panghentsiks

Question Peter Uy's Farm

in the show Tukaan i always get to see this farm features so many bloodlines, is it possible that this kind of farm is just quantity producing not quality producing.

i have read all over the magazines that in order to test the quality of your chicken you must keep it small, meaning you must only have 2 or 3 bloodlines in order to test them all. any information regarding this is very much appreciated.

TonyDel

I share your sentiments regarding a single or two bloodline breeding system. There was somebody in the chat that even said: "Majority of the great breeders have a signature line". The less breeds mean the less pens, the less chickens to maintain, therefore the less expense and yet since you have few breeds it will be easier to select and improve breeders and battlefowl.

However, since this is a hobby, I respect the different approaches that other hobbyist have.

lemonut

Wink

Well, Peter Uy would be the best person to elaborate on his farm and breeding practices. But based on what I can infer from that Tukaan segment, Mr. Uy wants to propagate bloodlines via inbreeding to preserve said lines, i.e. Pretty boy Greys. He has mentioned that he does get to pit test some but not all of the lines on his farm. Customers who buy brood material from him would also be contributing to the testing of some lines. Personally, I only opt for 2-3 lines based on the dictates of my pocket, time and space. If Mr. Uy has the resources to cater to a lot of lines, well that is his privilege, I think.
    lemonut

Gallos Locos

Peter caters to various customers. These customers favor different types of fowl. It may just be a case of providing whatever your clients want. On the other hand, we are all searching for the perfect broodfowl that produces the perfect battlecock. Peter has a lot to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the bloodlines corner of tukaan is intended to teach/show/inform the viewers different bloodlines that exists/wins that "coin" to a certain breeder.

Because peter uy has many bloodlines on his yard, emoy was just trying to show us the real mccoy.

Now, tukaan also features, the jj kelso, dink fair sweater, etc. from RED gamefarm

TonyDel

Emoy said on the other post said that Mr. Peter Uy is a collector of gamefowl bloodlines and is serious in keeping them pure as they got them. I think anyone has the right to collect gamefowl strains as they would like in the same way other hobbyists collect other things i.e. mechanical gadgets and other animals and just enjoy them.

PandP

Originally posted by TonyDel:
    Emoy said on the other post said that Mr. Peter Uy is a collector of gamefowl bloodlines and is serious in keeping them pure as they got them. I think anyone has the right to collect gamefowl strains as they would like in the same way other hobbyists collect other things i.e. mechanical gadgets and other animals and just enjoy them.
    It is probable many big breeders keep some different bloodlines "pure" and now and then experiment by adding diffent blood to their "battlecross" bloodlines to add whatever quality they feel may improve the fighting ability of their cocks. These different bloodlines are not always "for sale" by the big breeders.

Gallos Locos

Cool

I had dinner with Peter last night, and told him about this thread. If you think that he has a lot of lines now..... well, he said that for every line that he has now, he's gotten rid of at least 10. The search for perfection goes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Gallos L, will it be okay to post the lines that he got rid of? Bakasakawali lang naman...

Kidd

Gallos Locos

Kidd, Peter is a stickler for gameness. Maybe I'll suggest to him to mention the lines he eliminated. He's going to be having more airtime soon on Tukaan.

[This message has been edited by Gallos Locos (edited 08-03-2002).]

panghentsiks

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Gallos Locos:
    I had dinner with Peter last night, and told him about this thread. If you think that he has a lot of lines now..... well, he said that for every line that he has now, he's gotten rid of at least 10. The search for perfection goes on.
    did you ask mr. peter uy how he test a particular bloodline in order for him to get rid of one particular line. and if he says he had junk almost 10 lines, he must have a thousands of fowls fought from this 10 line of his. or if he only test them in his own backyard.

in my opinion one lifetime cannot really test even one line and call it quits. even mr. sanford hatch did not see his fowls being the basic bloodline of almost every lines today.

[This message has been edited by panghentsiks (edited 08-03-2002).]

Gallos Locos

Thumbs up

Peter tests his fowl through the customers that buy them.

TonyDel

What is Mr. Uy's favorite/best breed? What is the favorite/best breed of his customers?

emoy

you can contact peter at his office in makati between 9-11 am only. after that he's off to his own world. #8961363. if you want how his bloodlines are faring, check out all the entries with "jopete" as entry name. that's his partner's chicckens. or mangzee farm. the black stallion entry of pangasinan and the lgba stag breeder of the year, mike and pete buendia. these are just some of the few who are fighting peter and joseph chua's stocks. like what i mentioned earlier, we fought under the jediking entry in the lgba and the galleros de manila ending up with 55% win clip. nothing to brag about. we won some, lost some. fighting inbreds. if and when something acts up, the whole line is given itaksilin.

yap

[QUOTE]Originally posted by emoy:...

emoy. hymnnnn. sir, are you the emoy that has been the subject of that, current, very long postings? any comments? in court, even in this court of public of opinion, silence is deafening. when you take the fifth, it always have some negative impact on the jury. in any case, if you are that person, more power to you and keep up the good works!!! cheers to all. from yap.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote]Originally posted by yap:
    Originally posted by emoy:...

emoy. hymnnnn. sir, are you the emoy that has been the subject of that, current, very long postings? any comments? in court, even in this court of public of opinion, silence is deafening. when you take the fifth, it always have some negative impact on the jury. in any case, if you are that person, more power to you and keep up the good works!!! cheers to all. from yap.
    Yap,

Read the posts in that topic you are referring to. Emoy already responded several days ago. FYI.

-BG

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

What bloodlines are winning so far for Mr. Peter Uy?

-BG

thehawaiinus
    Originally posted by BattleGear:
    What bloodlines are winning so far for Mr. Peter Uy?

-BG
    his one leg black legged straight comb blinker roundhead!

TonyDel

What's the news regarding Mr. Uy's Lemons???

lemonut

emoy,
    just curious, you mentioned the mangzee entry, i believe this is george del rosario's entry name. what bloodlines did he get from peter uy? thanks
    lemonut

emoy

mangzee is bobby del rosario's entry name. named after an island somewhere in palawan. jorge del rosario i believe retired from our sport many years ago. mangzee got almost 100 trios of various bloodlines. after almost 2 years, he has weeded out the undesirables and gone full blast with the good ones.

thehawaiinus

Question

emoy,
    are you partners with Mr. Peter Uy in regards to the selling of his fowls? just want to know. hope to hear your reply.

TonyDel

Originally posted by thehawaiinus:
    emoy, are you partners with Mr. Peter Uy in regards to the selling of his fowls? just want to know. hope to hear your reply.
    I have read this from one of his posts...

emoy

selling? no.

lemonut

emoy,
    thanks for the clarification. Any idea as to what lines are winning for bobby. they have been winning their share of derbies in baguio but don't sem to have a signature line so to speak. will you be featuring his farm in tukaan? i live nearby to their farm but have not really set foot on their grounds.
    lemonut

emoy

signature lines? i believe he's still in the process of maing one. guess what? i will be featuring 3 of your more popular breeders in baguio: tony boy tabora, ramzy kairuz, and butchi damoco. bobby we featured already more than almost 2 years ago. if you're really your namesake, bobby told me na wala pang talo yung lemon crosses niya. you can verify this from him. but like the 3 guys i mentioned above, the mortality of raising chickens in your place is quite high since it is more wet than dry the whole year through. well, that's what they said.

Post Thanks / Like
    emoy,

please don't change the topic, the subject is about peter uy's farm...

[This message has been edited by Draven51501 (edited 08-09-2002).]

emoy

bobby's lemon 84's are from peter uy. these are the green legged peacombed type. he crossed them with almost everything and anything at wala pa raw siyang talo with these half and halfs. sorry draven pero related pa rin kahit papaano ito kay peter uy.

Post Thanks / Like
    i see. since you only mentioned the breeders from baguio and not their connection with peter uy in your previous post.. thanks for making it clear, emoy.

wala pang talo, meaning 100%!!! thats quite a feat!! if i may, what did he crossed with them and how many of these crosses was he able to fight? where did he fight? who did he fight with, big-time, small-time? hackfights or derbies? i would ask the man himself but i don't know him or how to contact him..

also thanks for all the tips in your show, they really help beginners..

[This message has been edited by Draven51501 (edited 08-09-2002).]

lemonut

emoy,
    thanks for the info. i get to talk a lot more with bobby's handlers since i get to "bump" into them during fights. how about those lemons of peter that you fought there in manila, ano batting average nila eka nga. aside from the lemon84 na nakuha ni bobby, which lemon line is winningest for peter(greenleg, yellow leg, lemon84???) so far.
    lemonut