Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got taken

Post Thanks / Like

Just got taken

hey folks, just got taken for 450 bucks. I will never, I mean never buy fowl on the internet again. I dont understand why, we as gamefowl lovers cannot treat each other with dignity and respect. Just be honest. The way I see it, we as a whole group have enough outside enemies to fight against. We should not be trying to take advantage of each other. Instead we should stand together. Now I was not born last night. I realize there is alot of competition, and that is great. but we shouldnt lie and steal from each other. Be very careful when buying fowl on the internet. I hope this will be a help to some other newbies. Thanks, David.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just got taken

By who? if you dont mind me asking, just so everyone knows where NOT to go to buy. That sucks tho.
    Last edited by jesusmp2000; May 9th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 475linebaugh View Post
    hey folks, just got taken for 450 bucks. I will never, I mean never buy fowl on the internet again. I dont understand why, we as gamefowl lovers cannot treat each other with dignity and respect. Just be honest. The way I see it, we as a whole group have enough outside enemies to fight against. We should not be trying to take advantage of each other. Instead we should stand together. Now I was not born last night. I realize there is alot of competition, and that is great. but we shouldnt lie and steal from each other. Be very careful when buying fowl on the internet. I hope this will be a help to some other newbies. Thanks, David.
    You should throw there name out there, so it doesn't happen to someone else....

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

I generally dont like to tell names, but in this case I will. His name is Curtis Brown. He lives in Big Clifty KY. I bought a Pair of young flarry eye grey [Jr Belt] blood. The site I used was oakridge gamefowl auction. I just reported this to the administrater and waiting for response. I hope I can recover my loses. The only reason I gave name is because I dont want honest folk to be taken.

Post Thanks / Like

I generally dont like to tell names, but in this case I will. His name is Curtis Brown. He lives in Big Clifty KY. I bought a Pair of young flarry eye grey [Jr Belt] blood. The site I used was oakridge gamefowl auction. I just reported this to the administrater and waiting for response. I hope I can recover my loses. The only reason I gave name is because I dont want honest folk to be taken.

I remember a lot of good conversation on the "how much money" thread. I'm just curious how you decided to buy from the Oakridge auction, after all that was said on here? I hope it works out, and you get your money back. I know it sucks, but chances are the guy saved you a lot of time and money by not sending them to you, they were probably junk anyway.

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt you star that's that thread how much money? Sorry bro but didn't u learn anything from the answers you got man not only that you go to another site to buy fowl sorry but I think it's your own personal fault and you could have talked to ppl from this site I have got really good results buying and trusting ppl on this site

Post Thanks / Like

If you got your heart set on Flarryeye Greys, contact "N.C. flarry eye", and "Ttate". On this site. I can't vouch for their fowl, as I haven't seen them first hand, but I know neither one would $hit you like this guy did. Ttate had some pullets for sell cheap recently on FB. If you need any more help, or are looking into any other fowl, you can PM me anytime.

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

Did you not recieve the fowl or did he send you junk??
    yfis,
    gallero210

Post Thanks / Like

i hate it buddy!! thats just plain sorry!!! But from now on always do your homework on the guy or gal your buying from. buying from oakridge is like going to the local sell barn and hoping to get top notch fowl straight out of jimbo coxs brood pens for $30 a piece. its not going to happen. Or you wont get any birds at all. Now i know there is a chance you can get some good birds from oakridge but the chances of getting junk probably are greater then getting aces. yfis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gallero210 View Post
    Did you not recieve the fowl or did he send you junk??
    yfis,
    gallero210
    I have recieved nothing at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dase520 View Post
    Didnt you star that's that thread how much money? Sorry bro but didn't u learn anything from the answers you got man not only that you go to another site to buy fowl sorry but I think it's your own personal fault and you could have talked to ppl from this site I have got really good results buying and trusting ppl on this site

if u were in his position would u be telling urself its ur fault?

sorry to hear this David. hope ur able to get it handled and get your money back.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir, I did start that thread. I didnt just send money without asking around. I had 2 different people that said they knew him. and one of the two had purchased from him in the past. Maybe you are right. I havent learned a thing. Probably is my fault. Being new, and knowing only a few chicken folk. I valued there opinion. I have spoken with them both, and they said they couldnt believe it. thank you for the response. David.

Post Thanks / Like

Charge it to experience Bro. Let me share you this , i bought some fowl thru telephone order, they fowl sent didn't come up to my expectation! If you're serious in acquiring bloodline, look at it as a long term investment, make the extra effort and expenses to go and visit the breeder. You will get more for your money! JMO

Post Thanks / Like

When I started out several years ago I bought my very first fowl from oakridge. I didn't know anyone or had any clue where to start looking to buy fowl. Long story short, I got lucky with what I bought. Hens are still in the brood pen.

Hope u get your money back, good luck. YFIS.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your $450 loss I hope you get your money back. But I do think you are way better off without the fowl. Bad chickens cost way more than good ones. What I mean by that is a couple years of your time and money only find out they are junk by 1 quitting or running off on you and costing you thousands. Look up the thread Peddlers and you will see several oakridge mentioned several times to stay away from his chicken auction.

Post Thanks / Like

Oakridgegamefarm is like playing the lottery!! You have to pray and get lucky!! At least he didn't spent your time and more hard earned money just to find a year later that all u got was junk dung hill to begin with! Sorry to hear that buy we live in a different world now

Post Thanks / Like

Wether you get it back or not, let go of the bad feeling..
    It can happen to anybody, not just you..
    Just be careful next time..

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir, I did start that thread. I didnt just send money without asking around. I had 2 different people that said they knew him. and one of the two had purchased from him in the past. Maybe you are right. I havent learned a thing. Probably is my fault. Being new, and knowing only a few chicken folk. I valued there opinion. I have spoken with them both, and they said they couldnt believe it. thank you for the response. David.
    I just think u should of looked on this site or asked someone on here theirs really good people on this site that are willing to help man you can't just trust someone like that with your money man I mean it's ur money but that's 450 dllrs man

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=GameBredSavage;4409433] if u were in his position would u be telling urself its ur fault?

sorry and yes I would be blaming my self cuz it's my money n I choose to trust that person with 450 c'mon man I dnt know about you but I know that's alot of my hard Earned money to just trust someone with it. But that's the risk you take.

Post Thanks / Like

Way back I won a bid on a single Dom stag on Oakridge, $50.00! But when it came to shipping cost, this single stag was going to cost me a little over $200! So I informed the seller that i was canceling getting the stag due to the shipping cost was just way too much $$$ for single stag and he understood and graciously refunded back my money! The problem was the administrator for Oakridge was demanding that just cause I won the bid that I should of paid the amount for the shipping no matter what it cost! I told him that he was out of, his mind if he thinks I'm going to pay $225 shipping for $50 stag! But he was persistent that I pay it anyways! A few choice word were exchanged and I was suspended from the site, since then I don't even bother with Oakridge and I also warn others to stay
    away!

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Dase520;4409515]
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBredSavage View Post
    if u were in his position would u be telling urself its ur fault?

sorry and yes I would be blaming my self cuz it's my money n I choose to trust that person with 450 c'mon man I dnt know about you but I know that's alot of my hard Earned money to just trust someone with it. But that's the risk you take.

ur logic is incredible. that's like someone breaking into ur car and stealing something because u didn't lock it in the trunk or something. then everyone saying its ur fault for someone stealing something out of YOUR car.

Post Thanks / Like

Now a days, more prevalent then before, you really have to be careful and don't just take the word of two individuals! Especially when dealing with auction sites! I feel for you and I hope you get things resolved soon! Next time don't just take two individuals words about a breeder that they supposively got birds from, you should of bombarded us with questions about this individual! And if you only got two responses you should of just looked else where!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jncblas View Post
    Way back I won a bid on a single Dom stag on Oakridge, $50.00! But when it came to shipping cost, this single stag was going to cost me a little over $200! So I informed the seller that i was canceling getting the stag due to the shipping cost was just way too much $$$ for single stag and he understood and graciously refunded back my money! The problem was the administrator for Oakridge was demanding that just cause I won the bid that I should of paid the amount for the shipping no matter what it cost! I told him that he was out of, his mind if he thinks I'm going to pay $225 shipping for $50 stag! But he was persistent that I pay it anyways! A few choice word were exchanged and I was suspended from the site, since then I don't even bother with Oakridge and I also warn others to stay
    away!
    It costs 62 bucks to ship one chicken. The administrator should know that. Sounds like he was suppose to get a cut. If I sell a chicken for 50 bucks and add 500 for shipping. ITS A SCAM

Post Thanks / Like

Doing your home work is so very important in this game. There are too many scammers out there. I would research there name on the internet. If they don't have any reputation. I wouldn't buy regardless who says they are honest.
    If they have good birds and a good reputation. You can find it on the internet. I would also call him and see what the hold up is. I'm not saying he's not scamming you, but **** does happen in life. Next time ask people on here. It can't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=GameBredSavage;4409628]

ur logic is incredible. that's like someone breaking into ur car and stealing something because u didn't lock it in the trunk or something. then everyone saying its ur fault for someone stealing something out of YOUR car.

Well if you was told already if you park your car in that spot, there is a good chance it will get broken into and you do it anyway , although still dont make it right , no one should be ripped off, sorry to here about that linebaugh

Post Thanks / Like

with that spin its more like 2 people telling u it wont get broken into then after the break in everyone in the neighborhood is saying its ur fault.

i see both sides and the argument can be made for either.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Just got taken

[quote=N.C. flarry eye;4409669]
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBredSavage View Post

Well if you was told already if you park your car in that spot, there is a good chance it will get broken into and you do it anyway , although still dont make it right , no one should be ripped off, sorry to here about that linebaugh
    I understand n I hope he gets his money back cuz no one should be ripped of I guess Wat I'm trying to say is that he should of researched the guy more before he gave um the money and that theirs plenty of great people on this site he could of asked and got Wat he wanted n probably for less money as well. Not trying to put him down or come off as a d**k in anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jncblas View Post
    away!
    sorry about the bad luck i hope you get what your looking for dont give up man experience is a mf but charge it to the game. i just wanted to say my first fowl where also of oakridgegf and let me tell you at the time i just seen what i liked and the breeder left his number so i called him up we made a deal and i orderd a trio and when the birds got to the post office 2 where dead i called him up he made right but i knew it wasnt fair for him to lose out so i just asked for 1 of the birds he wanted to send me both i insisted so he sent the hen she was a great hen good confirmation good attitude any way i did the same thing the second time and bought a bullstag i have yet to see one as good as it looked now i joined oakridge and at the time it was one fee now they have a yearly fee lol i havnt bought anything my membership payment will be due in a couple of months but im not giving my money away like that and if you do the math these people are making $$$$$$$ lol good for them but imo im staying away i didnt relize their where that many who have been shamed... im saving to get me some thing from a sertant gf little by little and will cut down on a couple birds that are not pulling their weight god luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

dear david, i kind of no how you feel, last year someone was selling a trio of ray christian sids, and the cock was brown red in color and pea combed, the hens were straw neck, now those who have seen my sid fowl no they are solid black or with brass wing bows, am not that good on the p.c. but i feel sorry for the guys who sold those chickins as my fowl, i never started lettin my fowl out until i got sick in 2005 i had let a cock go from time to time but never a female, so my advice is stay away from oakridge, once again am sorry and gope you get your money back. mr. ray christian.

Post Thanks / Like

David, sorry to hear about your loss , pm me If you like I could help you with some pure FEG's.. Just pay for shipping. Yfis Jim