Thread: Louisiana Legislature, Governer Allow Cockfighting to be Legal

Post Thanks / Like

Louisiana Legislature, Governer Allow Cockfighting to be Legal

Is this true? Would like more info on this if someone knows more about this.

https://www.change.org/petitions/lou...ng-to-be-legal

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Louisiana Legislature, Governer Allow Cockfighting to be Legal

I hope this is not one of those spam petitions.

Post Thanks / Like

I would move to Louisiana in a heart beat if so

Post Thanks / Like

would be interesting to find out.

Post Thanks / Like

I would still be illegal federally. The commerce law is so vague that they can come in and charge for ANY item used to cockfighting. Read the case involving the SC federal raid. Basically, they can walk into any pit in the US and charge pit owners, bird owners, handlers, and refs with felonies.

I hate to be a joy kill, just pointing out that if a law is to be made allowing cockfighting in LA, the federal bill would have to be over turned to be fully legal again.

Post Thanks / Like

yes as california with marijuana last couple years..... medical dispensaries were legal under the state law, but against federal law...... constitution says for states to govern themselves..... stop sticking your spoon where its not wanted uncle sammy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It sure would be nice to be legal again!

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as the federal law is concerned y'all need to read every word of the federal law and not just the parts you don't want to see .

Here is a few sections copied and pasted straight from the federal law

(2) Special rule for certain State

With respect to fighting ventures involving live birds in a State where it would not be in violation of the law, it shall be unlawful under this subsection for a person to sponsor or exhibit a bird in the fighting venture only if the person knew that any bird in the fighting venture was knowingly bought, sold, delivered, transported, or received in interstate or foreign commerce for the purpose of participation in the fighting venture.

certain State

With respect to fighting ventures involving live birds in a State where it would not be in violation of the law, it shall be unlawful under this subsection for a person to sponsor or exhibit a bird in the fighting venture only if the person knew that any bird in the fighting venture was knowingly bought, sold, delivered, transported, or received in interstate or foreign commerce for the purpose of participation in the fighting venture

(d) Violation of State law

Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (c) of this section, the activities prohibited by such subsection shall be unlawful with respect to fighting ventures involving live birds only if the fight is to take place in a State where it would be in violation of the laws thereof

(i) Conflict with State law

(1) In general

The provisions of this chapter shall not supersede or otherwise invalidate any such State, local, or municipal legislation or ordinance relating to animal fighting ventures except in case of a direct and irreconcilable conflict between any requirements thereunder and this chapter or any rule, regulation, or standard hereunder.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Louisiana Legislature, Governer Allow Cockfighting to be Legal

I hope this could staart of a NEW HOPE for us ALL! I hope the people of LOUISIANA specially the officials there and make it LEGAL once again. I believe it would help BOOST the economy, attract more Tourist and visitors World wide just like in the Philippines and Create MORE JOBS!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    They always do like Texas on the gun laws did. Texas passed a bill stating if federal law tried to impose the new gun laws there they would be fined 50k and sentenced up to five years. If they can do that for gun laws they can do it for cockfighting laws

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone that matters ever see these change.org petitions ? Bc I've signed the ones that get brought up on here but every since the first one I signed I've gotten countless emails for other petitions. So it just makes me wonder . I'm all for hope in this sport but not false hope . We have been signing petitions for a long time but it doesn't get us anywhere so far . If it ain't working its time to try something different . I will always sign these petitions just bc you never know if it will do any good or not but it needs alot more than 100 sig that it has now so you guys may want to sign it but this is twice I've asked this about petitions being seen or doing any good at all mayby someone can give me an answer this time

Post Thanks / Like

in my opinion the laws or so called laws ( bought politicians ) will be like the laws against booze in the twenties and we know how that turned out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rafter R Farm View Post
    Does anyone that matters ever see these change.org petitions ? Bc I've signed the ones that get brought up on here but every since the first one I signed I've gotten countless emails for other petitions. So it just makes me wonder . I'm all for hope in this sport but not false hope . We have been signing petitions for a long time but it doesn't get us anywhere so far . If it ain't working its time to try something different . I will always sign these petitions just bc you never know if it will do any good or not but it needs alot more than 100 sig that it has now so you guys may want to sign it but this is twice I've asked this about petitions being seen or doing any good at all mayby someone can give me an answer this time
    The short answer is no. Change.org targets businesses, not lawmakers.

Change.org is a digital media business. Change.org creates or aggregates content, i.e. petitions, to attract an audience to gather email addresses and then sells them to sponsors. For the most part they (Change.org) are not an advocate for social change initiatives, itís selling you and me to sponsors. That is why you get your email spammed once you sign up and submit your vote.

They have promoted some good changes. Change.org helped persuade Bank of America to roll back debit card fees. But it takes a majority to affect a change like that. We are not a majority.

I would be less disturbed with Change.org if the few people who start or sign Change.org petitions understands that they are engaging with a business that is selling their information rather than agents for social change for the good of the people.

Realistically, 100, 200, or even 500 signatures will do absolutely nothing. Change.org has just gathered those emails accounts to sell to businesses for their own benefit.

If Change.org were a values-driven organization first and profit-driven second, I would trust them more.

Post Thanks / Like

prohibition, i hope it is brought back where ever it is legal is where i'm moving to. hell i'm considering mexico but my wife says im crazy. well i'm praying this is the stepping stone we need to be united once more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Creek View Post
    The short answer is no. Change.org targets businesses, not lawmakers.

Change.org is a digital media business. Change.org creates or aggregates content, i.e. petitions, to attract an audience to gather email addresses and then sells them to sponsors. For the most part they (Change.org) are not an advocate for social change initiatives, itís selling you and me to sponsors. That is why you get your email spammed once you sign up and submit your vote.

They have promoted some good changes. Change.org helped persuade Bank of America to roll back debit card fees. But it takes a majority to affect a change like that. We are not a majority.

I would be less disturbed with Change.org if the few people who start or sign Change.org petitions understands that they are engaging with a business that is selling their information rather than agents for social change for the good of the people.

Realistically, 100, 200, or even 500 signatures will do absolutely nothing. Change.org has just gathered those emails accounts to sell to businesses for their own benefit.

If Change.org were a values-driven organization first and profit-driven second, I would trust them more.
    Thanks coal creek that's the Info I was looking for something solid about change.org like I said I'm all for hope but not false hope