Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Pointing Feeds

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Pointing Feeds

Falkor I agree I just think that all the useless argument needs to be checked by facts from time to time but yeah I see that will just make it continue.I dont know man hope fully we will see some closure here.I had quit posting for a while and came back and it was on went away came back same ol so jumped back in.Actually have spent too much time on it.I agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Pomegranate arils and banana during pointing. These two combined will provide the key natural electrolytes, essential vitamins (incl. B5 & B6) and just enough moisture for muscle hydration; they will pass on quicker than crack corn or egg whites; they will also provide calories for added stored energy while balancing body moisture and pH during the last critical hours prior to show.

Post Thanks / Like

10 GRAMS PELLET + 7 GRAMS SOAKED CRACKED CORN + 7 GRAMS COOKED RICE + 6 GRAMS QUAKER OATS. Add 5-10 grams of corn, rice or oats depending on size or status of the rooster. Adjust combi as needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Boiled egg,Cracked corn,Red wheat,slighty moistened with buttermilk.Always adjust to climate and a little common sense goes a long way.This is what I point them out on during the last two days.
    Last edited by ch74; July 13th, 2011 at 01:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

my point feed is 1/2 good quality gamefowl feed and 1/2 grapenut cereal dampened with a little ensure.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure not going to say the Mmmm word....

Post Thanks / Like

egg whites,granola,sweet pea's and honey with soaked rice works 4 me everytime!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by znehdzed View Post
    WHAT IS THE BEST POINTING FEEDS IN THE MARKET? CAN SOMEONE SHARE THEIR OWN POINTING FEEDS..
    sorry but there is NO SUCH THING .

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! He guys you'll never believe it, there's a thread about ensure on chicken talk! (not milk or water.)

Post Thanks / Like

About 12 pellets 13 hrs before you plan your first drop out. Then a pellet or two every 1.5 hour to keep them sharp. To get a bird sharp you need to get them empty... anything you add or change has no effect on them except its either and aid to get them to pass the food or cooked to help them digest quicker. As to moisture and weather... you eliminate water then you are becoming God and its your fault. You keep the water available and dont change the feed up you will never have a moister problen unless the bird is sick.

Ever see a wet rooster on a tie cord that wasnt sick? Me either.

Shoot you can point your whole yard just by skipping a feed and watch them 13 hrs later. Its a freaking mythe of some magic potion.... we all do something different on point feeding from tradition or just what we were taught. Its the days prior to the point feed that makes the difference.

The point feed is our excuse for failure to recognize something during the keep. Pointing birds is the easiest dam part of the game. As long as you do your keep right and learn to select that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcreek View Post
    About 12 pellets 13 hrs before you plan your first drop out. Then a pellet or two every 1.5 hour to keep them sharp. To get a bird sharp you need to get them empty... anything you add or change has no effect on them except its either and aid to get them to pass the food or cooked to help them digest quicker. As to moisture and weather... you eliminate water then you are becoming God and its your fault. You keep the water available and dont change the feed up you will never have a moister problen unless the bird is sick.

Ever see a wet rooster on a tie cord that wasnt sick? Me either.

Shoot you can point your whole yard just by skipping a feed and watch them 13 hrs later. Its a freaking mythe of some magic potion.... we all do something different on point feeding from tradition or just what we were taught. Its the days prior to the point feed that makes the difference.

The point feed is our excuse for failure to recognize something during the keep. Pointing birds is the easiest dam part of the game. As long as you do your keep right and learn to select that is.
    your right sir....pointing is key to win...

Post Thanks / Like

Sugarcreek, Sir, thats the best reply on pointing i have ever read, along with common sense , welcom to my world....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcreek View Post
    ...The point feed is our excuse for failure...
    It could go something like this:
    If a cocker told you to put a teaspoon of vinegar on you point feed and then you saw his piss on it... he then wins a derby. How many would do the same thing?

Your roosters would be full of piss and vinegar... but you may tail all of them out.

More than likely... the brood pen is the problem.
    Keep the point feed light and easily digested.