Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on spectating bill

Post Thanks / Like

Update on spectating bill

Was told today that ammendament 33 was pulled out from the farm bill as a result of all the calls that were made against it , so that shows the calls matter . On the same note a senator from Connecticut has now introduced the same exact thing as senate bill 666 as its own bill . So if anyone knows the number to call and protest it post it here and get to calling . It was said that SB 666 has a 37% of passing the committee And a 7% chance of being inacted into law .
    Last edited by Ttate; June 18th, 2013 at 08:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Update on spectating bill

Thanks appreciate the update

Post Thanks / Like

Who told you that is removed from the farm bill? I just know how gossip can be man no offense.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Amendment 33 was removed from farm bill.

Most of the amendments unrelated to farm policy were removed from the farm bill.

The number of proposed amendments attached to the farm bill had grown to about 300, covering a range of issues like crop insurance subsidies and aid to Pakistan. But late Monday, the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid, Democrat of Nevada, reached an agreement that narrowed the list to 73.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/us...bill.html?_r=0

Yes, S 666 would amend the Animal Welfare Act.

Titles: S.666 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)

Latest Title:
    Animal Fighting Spectator Prohibition Act of 2013

Introduced in Senate (04/08/2013)

Animal Fighting Spectator Prohibition Act of 2013 - Amends the Animal Welfare Act to prohibit any person from knowingly attending an animal fighting venture or causing a minor (a person under the age of 18) to attend such a venture.

Subjects any person who: (1) knowingly attends such venture to a fine and/or imprisonment for up to a year for each violation, and (2) knowingly causes a minor to attend such venture to a fine and/or imprisonment for up to three years for each violation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Creek View Post
    Yes, Amendment 33 was removed from farm bill.

Most of the amendments unrelated to farm policy were removed from the farm bill.

The number of proposed amendments attached to the farm bill had grown to about 300, covering a range of issues like crop insurance subsidies and aid to Pakistan. But late Monday, the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid, Democrat of Nevada, reached an agreement that narrowed the list to 73.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/us...bill.html?_r=0

Yes, S 666 would amend the Animal Welfare Act.

Titles: S.666 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)

Latest Title:
    Animal Fighting Spectator Prohibition Act of 2013

Introduced in Senate (04/08/2013)

Animal Fighting Spectator Prohibition Act of 2013 - Amends the Animal Welfare Act to prohibit any person from knowingly attending an animal fighting venture or causing a minor (a person under the age of 18) to attend such a venture.

Subjects any person who: (1) knowingly attends such venture to a fine and/or imprisonment for up to a year for each violation, and (2) knowingly causes a minor to attend such venture to a fine and/or imprisonment for up to three years for each violation.
    That link is a year old buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts44903 View Post
    That link is a year old buddy
    I posted the wrong link. I'll see if I can find the current information again.

But, I'm pretty sure it was removed and that is why S 666 was introduced just two months ago.
    http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-...enate-bill/666

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea April was when I was told it was introduced as well

Post Thanks / Like

Great news if this is the Gospel? Not doubting any cockers word......Just real gun shy.....

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they are hoping 1 of the 2 will pass. I am waiting to hear from my rep about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rafter R Farm View Post
    Was told today that ammendament 33 was pulled out from the farm bill as a result of all the calls that were made against it , so that shows the calls matter . On the same note a senator from Connecticut has now introduced the same exact thing as senate bill 666 as its own bill . So if anyone knows the number to call and protest it post it here and get to calling . It was said that SB 666 has a 37% of passing the committee And a 7% chance of being inacted into law . As far as HB 27 we were told that it would be almost unenforceable due to the law being so vague . The ALGBA is talking to the AL district attorney to get some clarity on what constitutes animal cruelty on that law
    guys i dont think this is true.. i think this is from last year ? but i do hope its true

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys I think amendment 33 was attached to the farm bill in the ag committee in the house, now who would have the authority to remove the amendment from the farm bill except the guy who first amended it. the speaker of the house has said he didn,t like the bill buy would vote for it , the reason he gave is we need the bill passed it will be good for five years. now if I am wrong will some one please correct me with the right info.

Post Thanks / Like

clyde i think u are right, i know ammendment 33 was voted on and attached to the farm bill in the ag committee..

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that stinks is most farmers need the farm bill to pass for crop insurance purposes and dumb ass senators wit there own agendas Try to sneak all these other stuff in with it because they know there is huge emphasis to get it passed. Our system is messed up

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone please go to popvox.com and oppose s.666 and h.b.366!!!!!!!!
    This will be heard from your senators and represenatives!!!!

Please go to this website and oppose!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=greybird101;4429449]Everyone please go to popvox.com and oppose s.666 and h.b.366!!!!!!!!
    This will be heard from your senators and represenatives!!!!

Please go to this website and[u][b] oppose!!!!![/

Craig asked the people in Washington about popvoc . They didn't know what he was asking about. You need to contact your own sen and reps.
    The spectator amendment is on both farm bills. Hope this clears up the confusion on the spectator amendment. joe

Post Thanks / Like

Let's get more updates please!!

Post Thanks / Like

You have a senate farm bill passed and know a house farm bill. The farm bill will go to a joint committee. Were they will make them the same. Then voted on again by the senate and house. If passed go to Obama. joe

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you runner for your info.......

Post Thanks / Like

Obama said he would veto the farm bill if the food stamp program was not in the bill.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know bout nothin of whats been daid before me hope its true but the **** was thankin ppl for puttin it thru just the other day so that cant be good hope Obama vetos the whole thing he needs to do somethin good for once

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy lee View Post
    Obama said he would veto the farm bill if the food stamp program was not in the bill.
    I know the democrats will hate it too with the food stamps taken out.....

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard that the ALGBA is trying to help us in Washington as much as they can.....They said it passed the house and is now in a sub-committee of about 10-12 people.....The association is trying to get the sub-committee to revise it the best they can on both bills.......EVERYONE PLEASE HELP AND CONTACT YOUR SENATORS AND REPRESENATIVES, YOU OPPOSE ALL THE ANIMAL FIGHTING SPECTACTOR BILLS....(In Farm Bill and in Separate Bills)........

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have an update as to whether this was passed or not? I know it was said at the beginning of the thread that it was pulled but also later heard that it was passed by the committee and it was on its way to be voted on by the house. Just wondering. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The Farm Bill did pass the Senate & House. How ever, the Senate & House version of the bills DO NOT MATCH! To become law both the Senate & House version MUST MATCH, WORD for WORD. The "animal fighting-spectator section” was included in both bills, In the Senate version as an amendment, in the House version as part of the main body(not an amendment).
    Here is what will now happen...the Speaker of the House and the Head of the Senate will appoint a conference committee to work out differences between the Senate bill and the House bill. After the conference committee has been named our plan is to work with those members and the staff to get the "avian species" excluded from the final bill that the conference committee agrees on. The committee will probably do most of its work in August and September.

"Keep the gamecocks crowing loud & proud in Alabama & across the United States"!

With deepest sincerity,
    Donnie Buchanan
    Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association
    President

Post Thanks / Like

You Rock ALGBA!!!! If it weren't for you it would have been illegal 5 years ago......I support you 110% all the way!!!! Do whatever you can to let them take the bird part of species out!! Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

So what do you think wil be the penalty for being a spectator now?

Post Thanks / Like

If the bill passes it will be a felony offense to be present at an "animal fighting venture".

Post Thanks / Like

So it won't matter what the different state laws are then right? On the h$u$ website chart you can see what's legal and illegal in every state.

Post Thanks / Like

we need to band together and start clubs with only members welcome at the shows and you could do background checks to know if they were on the level or pigs or bunny huggers and no outsiders allowed and just do it like the hells angels have levels probationary recruits who hang around till you find out if theyre snitches or not change locations often have ppl pay dues as members and make it where nobody can bring a friend to an actual event with out them having been around a while or make it where you have to have at least three sponsors or something like that cuz we're gonna be losing our rights to own guns and vote and everything if we dont do something to go even further into the shadows its bs but we're gonna have too cuz theyre gonna make felons out of otherwise law abiding citizens either that or we're gonna have to get some support from friends in higher places its just something to be thinkin about yeah we wont make as much money for winning but we aint in this for the money anyway its for the love of the game

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.publicnewsservice.org/ind...rticle/33616-1

This talks about being a spectator in Ky. I agree with what the gentleman above said. All of the gentleman derbies, or that's what I call them, only had 10 entries with 10 birds each, etc etc, we all know the story. So, invite 10 ppl you KNoW, allow them to bring 1 other person, and all will be good. The govt needs to quit fighting us!!!!!! Leave us alone!