Thread: Difference between being Manfighters and Territorial

Post Thanks / Like

Difference between being Manfighters and Territorial

When you enter a rooster's pen and he kicks the **** out of you. does that automatically mean hes a manfighter or are they just being territorial?? Just wondering.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference between being Manfighters and Territorial

depends how they act after you grab them lol........ also how he attacks...... is this a fly pen your going into ??????

Post Thanks / Like

yes this rooster is in a fly pen. after he will give a few pecks and then stop. and btw hes only about a year old. ive been rubbing his back and chest for him to get used to being touched and held. ive been doing this for about a week now and it seems like its helped a little but i think i may have a little manfighter or do all gamecocks do this. and btw i am only a beginner with only one rooster. just trying to learn how to raise them.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with turd. If the rooster goes for your face instead of your hands when you try 2 catch him or If he turns around on you when you spar him I would consider him a very dangerous manfighter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GALLERO805 View Post
    yes this rooster is in a fly pen. after he will give a few pecks and then stop. and btw hes only about a year old. ive been rubbing his back and chest for him to get used to being touched and held. ive been doing this for about a week now and it seems like its helped a little but i think i may have a little manfighter or do all gamecocks do this. and btw i am only a beginner with only one rooster. just trying to learn how to raise them.
    The way your describing him, sounds normal...... keep doing as your doing..... handle while you can since molt's coming soon, then he'll really be agitated! lol

Wear long sleeve tee's or sweaters and gloves to grab him so he doesn't hurt you.... important that the bird sees what he does to you doesn't hurt you...... like if he's pecking you after you grab him and you flinch or show it hurts, he's going to keep doing it....

you will see if he's a man fighter until you spare him...... he should lose all attention to you when put in front with another rooster.... face them, and drop him, if he goes straight to the opponent your good, if he ignores the other rooster and would rather turn to hit you , you got yourself chicken stew dinner for the night....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turd ferguson View Post
    The way your describing him, sounds normal...... keep doing as your doing..... handle while you can since molt's coming soon, then he'll really be agitated! lol

Wear long sleeve tee's or sweaters and gloves to grab him so he doesn't hurt you.... important that the bird sees what he does to you doesn't hurt you...... like if he's pecking you after you grab him and you flinch or show it hurts, he's going to keep doing it....

you will see if he's a man fighter until you spare him...... he should lose all attention to you when put in front with another rooster.... face them, and drop him, if he goes straight to the opponent your good, if he ignores the other rooster and would rather turn to hit you , you got yourself chicken stew dinner for the night....
    okay thanks.. really helpfull i really appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

i got a bird that will fight me when he chooses some times he will fight me as hard as he can other times he just acts normal hiding, i'll pick him up he will peck 3 times then chill out at other times he will peck me for as long as i handle him once for a walk down the block he pecked me the whole time? one time he almost got the chopping block he attacked me so i returned the favor now i know this is bad but understand my frustration as i raised him from a month old, never miss treating him in any way not even pulling him aggressively by the tail. any way he still breaths as he has been with me for some time now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NESON View Post
    i got a bird that will fight me when he chooses some times he will fight me as hard as he can other times he just acts normal hiding, i'll pick him up he will peck 3 times then chill out at other times he will peck me for as long as i handle him once for a walk down the block he pecked me the whole time? one time he almost got the chopping block he attacked me so i returned the favor now i know this is bad but understand my frustration as i raised him from a month old, never miss treating him in any way not even pulling him aggressively by the tail. any way he still breaths as he has been with me for some time now.
    sometimes it's a love / hate relationship lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turd ferguson View Post
    sometimes it's a love / hate relationship lol

just went to deworm the yard and went to the last stag.. the f#cker with his sharp spur put a hole in my palm, i was calm and held him and deworm and trim the spurs f#cker started biting and kicking and my patience went out the door. grab em by the neck and ring the damn stag..if he does this know. i know he will turn...no room for manfighter in my yard...cull em all...

Post Thanks / Like

i feel you bro...... i would have done the same thing...... thats why i wear protective gear to be able to add to the patience meter....... some of my best fowls started aggressive but mellowed out with a little time and love lol

Post Thanks / Like

the only way id ever cull a manfighter is if hes a battle cock there aint no way id cull a pure cause they wont throw all man fighters maybe one or two but no way all and even if it was a battle cock id try antry and try some more cause you either bought him and thats money down the tubes or raised him and put time and money and effort into him so thats money down the tubes just the same i like to use them for a spar partner or just put him on a tie cord in the far corner of the yrtd and play with him let him shuffle on my boot or tell a friend to go pick him up and watch him eat him up he aint gonna be that much extra to take care of plus if you want rid of it take a cross hen or two to a place out in the woods where you know some @$$hole aint gonna steal it and turn them out and go back every few weeks in the warm months and you might get some no hassle pretty much free stags its worth a try if your gonna cull him anyway cause you know hes your bloodlines might not be a broodcock but free is free and if a coon gets him try and catch your hens and take them to the house

Post Thanks / Like

I consider one a manfighter if they would rather fight you than another bird. If he stays focused on the other bird and not you, I do not consider them a manfighter. But, that's only my standard, not everyone else's.

Post Thanks / Like

if you ever make it to ky I can show you a man fighter look up manfighter in the dictionary theres a picture of my old ruble brood cock best crossing fowl I ever owned I just leave him be with the hens

Post Thanks / Like

Man fighter will fight you instead of another rooster bottom line on that. If he does not turn on you when you go to spar him then he is just mean LOL not man fighter.

Blades I had muffs that would give that old ruble a good on man fighter lol
    Last edited by Roberts44903; June 26th, 2013 at 11:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

A manfighter comes to the door to meet you and goes to the end of his cord to hit you also known as dumplins around my place i have no use for manfighters to many good fowl to use manfighters
    Last edited by Outlaw greys; June 27th, 2013 at 02:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts44903 View Post
    Man fighter will fight you instead of another rooster bottom line on that. If he does not turn on you when you go to spar him then he is just mean LOL not man fighter.

Blades I had muffs that would give that old ruble a good on man fighter lol
    I had a buddy had some muffs that were dangerous this ole ruble goes about 7 lbs and hits like a mule I hate it when a hen with him starts settin I go in at dark but soon as the door opens he just starts peckin and shuffling would of killed him already but I get good fowl from him

Post Thanks / Like

i really heat man fighter no matter how superb he is, he is absolutely has no place in my yard....a man fighter is always a man fighter regardless whoever with him a human or a chicken he will try to bite....

territorial...bite some when pick at once but gently good upon rubbing his back and chest...

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason mines jst at feeding...when I grabs his tray he pecks me and throws a kuck here and ther...dont Kno...but also a peck o two when im holding him...maybe the molt?

Post Thanks / Like

That normal lots of my birds hit there feed when i throw it in there pens but no man fighters here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    I had a buddy had some muffs that were dangerous this ole ruble goes about 7 lbs and hits like a mule I hate it when a hen with him starts settin I go in at dark but soon as the door opens he just starts peckin and shuffling would of killed him already but I get good fowl from him
    I remember when I was about 15 a buddy mine thought he was tough. I taught him how to catch a rooster on a cord. I then asked him to get this muff we had with no beard. That rooster hit him the wrist he had to go sit down cause he thought he was going to pass out. LOL To this day I ask him about and he tells me he aint never been hit by any man as hard as that muff hit him LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I have some Washington Pyles that are great in any show, if you can raise one that's not a manfighter. They're the true definition of a manfighter. Two years ago I hatched a clutch of them pure, 4 stags (1 Pyle, 1 Blue and 2 Black Breasted Reds) and 2 pullets. I already knew this line was know to produce terrible manfighters. So, I would take turns carrying them around with me and spending time with each to tame them down. All but one Black Breasted Red were terrible manfighters. I still have a few of them , but that's a line that'll go into the pot.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read some comments and i'm happy to say when another cock is out the mean cock i have is focused on any rooster in his presence i've sparred him enough times just he has his moments when he likes to fight me lol maybe he doesn't like when i enter his pen when his ladys are with him cause that is a factor when he is being an ass hole. I should make a when roosters attack video lol he does damage and when you feel his power you will know what i am talking about he punctures flesh through 501's with quarter inch trimmed spurs )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    if you ever make it to ky I can show you a man fighter look up manfighter in the dictionary theres a picture of my old ruble brood cock best crossing fowl I ever owned I just leave him be with the hens
    Wher are you at in ky man?

Post Thanks / Like

Manfighters have no friends.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Rub his ears when you pick him up that will gentle him down try it

Post Thanks / Like

i have a giro kelso who was a manfighter and just a straight up a sshole, couldnt even change his water without him kickin everything out my hands. Recently another stag got into the brood pen somehow (i think my lil cousin threw them in to fight) and the bird almost lost an eye so now i clean his eye and what not but he just stopped fighting me completely, no pecking or nothing, i like to think he knows im tryin to help. needless to say i my lil cousin got a good old fashion whoopin

Post Thanks / Like

Idk but I like um there game to the core plus I use muffs and heavy sweater to work them..jmo

Post Thanks / Like

This is kind of off topic, but I just gotta share it. Years ago we were hacking at this little pit in about mid july. Thes two idiots had brought a REAL manfighter each. They just happened to match into each other. Now the reason I call them Idiots is that they both agreed that the thing to do was to fight in the Long knife. When they droped them BOTH roosters ignored each other and turned for the handlers! They did finally find each other and were both mortally wounded real fast. But what a circus watching those fools run from manfighters armed with Razor blades!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw420 View Post
    the only way id ever cull a manfighter is if hes a battle cock there aint no way id cull a pure cause they wont throw all man fighters maybe one or two but no way all and even if it was a battle cock id try antry and try some more cause you either bought him and thats money down the tubes or raised him and put time and money and effort into him so thats money down the tubes just the same i like to use them for a spar partner or just put him on a tie cord in the far corner of the yrtd and play with him let him shuffle on my boot or tell a friend to go pick him up and watch him eat him up he aint gonna be that much extra to take care of plus if you want rid of it take a cross hen or two to a place out in the woods where you know some @$$hole aint gonna steal it and turn them out and go back every few weeks in the warm months and you might get some no hassle pretty much free stags its worth a try if your gonna cull him anyway cause you know hes your bloodlines might not be a broodcock but free is free and if a coon gets him try and catch your hens and take them to the house
    Don't waste them! They are useful when you want to test your other birds for cutting accuracy! When I do get them, "it's a one ticket to paradise" my other stags get a one or two buckle shot with them and it goes for a good cause! After that you can choose to pluck and serve or just coyote food!