Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spangled kelso

Post Thanks / Like

Smile spangled kelso

what color legs do the spangled kelsos come in I just got a trio and one white ones yellow and one blue could someone help me

Post Thanks / Like

Re: spangled kelso

Really depends on what family of kelso you have that are spangle. The ones I have come yellow legged. But there are many types of kelso out there and I am sure a lot of them are capable of producing a spangle.

Post Thanks / Like

my cock is also yellow legged. not sure if u would call him "spangled" though. lets see some pics chickenbone

Post Thanks / Like

I've got some spangled Showtimes that come yellow legged, straight comb. Awesome birds.

Post Thanks / Like

blue legged kelso i guess its possiblie but not likely did you buy them in person or thru the mail you should never buy a trio with three different leg colors hell i wouldnt buy a trio with two different leg colors im sure some could come that way but id stay away from them personally but thats just me you gotta watch out there are alot of peddlers out there that'll call any three chickens a trio of world beaters jist to get your money and really alot of the time they dont even know what kind they are hell they could be yard chickens and theyd tell you they were direct from jhonny jumper hell half of them they bought them from him personally last week and we all know hes gone to the great cock pit in the sky more than two years ago just mostly what im sayin is watch out for good deals cuz most ppl aint gonna give good chickens away and just cuz theyre cheap dont mean they aint good but just the same just cuz theyre expensive dont mean they are any good either just try and do your research and try not to buy chickens off ppl who you know nothin about and not all ppl you dont know are crooks but some are so you just gotta be careful money dont grow on trees you know but youll live and learn

Post Thanks / Like

My pete barkers come both pearl and yellow legged and i get an occasional Blue legged pullet.

Post Thanks / Like

I was gifted a pair of JJ kelsos a couple months back. cock is white legged, hen is blue legged. seeing a lot of people saying blue leg is possible and others saying it isn't. beautiful pair of birds none the less. both hen and cock will be tested before breeding.

Post Thanks / Like

the stag is white legged then I have another like him that's younger that is yellow legged and the pullet is blue legged how do you post pics on here and ill post some

Post Thanks / Like

upload to photobucket or somewhere then post the direct image link here.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a showtime spangled same as red1 mentioned and spangled hatch green legged. Would love to post pictures but don't know how :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Garcia 9790 green leg

yellow leg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanxz for the upload game bred savage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Really depends on what family of kelso you have that are spangle. The ones I have come yellow legged. But there are many types of kelso out there and I am sure a lot of them are capable of producing a spangle.

"Springwater" and "Showtime" have the best spangled Kelso fowl in my opinion. Back when it was legal you didn't want to look across the pit and see either one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

i wasnt sayn it wasnt possible just that i personally wouldnt buy a trio with three different colored legs but from what he said after he didnt get a trio yeah he got three but two roosters and a puklet i dont raise kelso so i dont know jack about them i hope the guy got his moneys worth i was just sayn be careful cuz we all know how peddlers will swoop in like a chicken hawk on somebody that dont know much about chickens ive had it done to me before but now i know better if things dont add up perfectly in my mind they could be the best chickens in the world but i wont be able to find out cuz im to gun shy of stories about famous cockers and world beater and wrong colored legs cuz if its to good to be true it usually is there are exceptions to the rule but you just gotta watch out but best of luck with them cbone i hope they do you right

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a stag and two pullets and I believe they are really kelsos

Post Thanks / Like

any pics chickenbone?

not spangled but jj kelso pair showing off the blue legs on my hen. white legged stag though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    If I was looking for a Spangled Kelso, this is the guy I would get them from ^

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful spangles man... I love them...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GameBredSavage View Post
    any pics chickenbone?

not spangled but jj kelso pair showing off the blue legs on my hen. white legged stag though.
    Your pullet/hen looks more like a hatch than a kelso. But it is perfectly possible to get a blue legged female from the Jumper kelsos. Both he YL & the WL families carry a touch of hatch blood in them. Mr. Jumper told himself that it came from a infusion of hatch that Murphy made to them before he got them. I have Jumper's 20 Grand kelso & they throw blue legged pullets on occasion. & I was instructed by Mr. Jumper to breed them as much as I could if I ever got a blue legged one.
    A friend of mine who had his jumper kelso long before I got my 20Grand line has the WL straight comb family & his will also occasionally throw a blue legged female. Not spangled but just saying blue leg kelsos are not impossible to get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgaveAsil View Post
    Your pullet/hen looks more like a hatch than a kelso. But it is perfectly possible to get a blue legged female from the Jumper kelsos. Both he YL & the WL families carry a touch of hatch blood in them. Mr. Jumper told himself that it came from a infusion of hatch that Murphy made to them before he got them. I have Jumper's 20 Grand kelso & they throw blue legged pullets on occasion. & I was instructed by Mr. Jumper to breed them as much as I could if I ever got a blue legged one.
    A friend of mine who had his jumper kelso long before I got my 20Grand line has the WL straight comb family & his will also occasionally throw a blue legged female. Not spangled but just saying blue leg kelsos are not impossible to get.

appreciate the info. we will see how they do later this year.

Post Thanks / Like

chickenbones spangled

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think of em do they look good

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

u forgot the img part.. like this

Post Thanks / Like

You think I got some good lookin birds

Post Thanks / Like

about 30% of my kelso come spangle.most come white leg

Post Thanks / Like

Mr.Kelso bred his chickens so many different ways they could come any leg color.If you like the spangle Kelso you have,I sure would not let leg color affect any decision I made about breeding them.Mr.Walter Kelso sure didn't.All he was concerned with was W,s on the scoreboard.R.Bennett.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: spangled kelso

Quote Originally Posted by r.bennett View Post
    Mr.Kelso bred his chickens so many different ways they could come any leg color.If you like the spangle Kelso you have,I sure would not let leg color affect any decision I made about breeding them.Mr.Walter Kelso sure didn't.All he was concerned with was W,s on the scoreboard.R.Bennett.
    You got it there R. Bennett! it's the W's that counts the most!

Post Thanks / Like

Amen,Tweety-Doo,thats all I care about.Your Friend in Sport.R.Bennett.