Thread: Tar Heel Fowl

Post Thanks / Like

Tar Heel Fowl

Who has the Allan fisher hard hitters and the spurrier greys that Allan had?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tar Heel Fowl

Google tarheel fowl or allen fisher with sabong.net

Post Thanks / Like

Tried but couldn't find who has them now

Post Thanks / Like

There was a fellow out that way that advertised them in the Gamecock after Allen fisher died. Im sure he is still advertising.

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked but can't seem to find anyone with his breeds

Post Thanks / Like

Les Greene I think was his name,

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the same as tar heels aka crook?

Post Thanks / Like

pm your phone numbers and i can get Les Greene in contact with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HKGAMEFARM View Post
    Who has the Allan fisher hard hitters and the spurrier greys that Allan had?
    i my self dont no of no one who has his fowl, i do no that he tried for years to get the old paleface blood from john but john never let him have a feather, after john passed a mr. marvin graves showed a full show of the paleface of johns at 440 barn when legal and won 4 st all in the drag, he told me himself that allen fisher followed him around all night trying to get one of the cocks with no luck, because he knew how john felt about allen, i no of no one who ever got a good bird from him, i know that the boys in my state got junk, not one time but three times and they went to sulva and hand picked them. so for what its worth there you go.am sure that mr. fisher had some good fowl that he never let go. so maybe the guys that got them still have his fowl.
    Last edited by sids; August 17th, 2013 at 06:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Les Green tried to get me to help him sale his fowl online cheaper than what I bought from him lol, I ordered a pair of his redquill,hardhitters, and spurrier greys, at quail size, by the time he shipped them they was 7 months old and it wasn't because of the weather. I'v told this story before on here but I think folks got the right to know my dealing although others may have ad better. The redquill was he best he sent me, they was the real old Dr. Herring blood from Herrings Dad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhammerFarm View Post
    Les Green tried to get me to help him sale his fowl online cheaper than what I bought from him lol, I ordered a pair of his redquill,hardhitters, and spurrier greys, at quail size, by the time he shipped them they was 7 months old and it wasn't because of the weather. I'v told this story before on here but I think folks got the right to know my dealing although others may have ad better. The redquill was he best he sent me, they was the real old Dr. Herring blood from Herrings Dad
    About 5 years ago. My father ordered a trio of hardhitters. I liked them. They was game, but nothing fancy. Beautiful birds though.
    My friend longheel ordered them direct from Tarheel. His were dam good birds.
    He seems to be more of a Mex. show guy, so would probably be the best breeder for that. He gave me the impression he likes his redquills best and tried to sell me them to me.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; August 17th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhammerFarm View Post

i believe it was in the late 90s that dr. herring sent me a very small red quill pullet, so small that i never bred her, so i gave her to a buddy of mine who showed mr. hunts sids, we always called him black jack, anyway he put her under a sid cock and dr. herring was at my place that weekend and we went to a cockpit , black jack was there with 5 of those stages, showed them into cocks and won five stright, about 69 entries i believe, you could here doc, all over the place, it made his trip worth coming.