Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bates hatch

Post Thanks / Like

Bates hatch

Interested In the red bates hatches. Looking for who has the best ones an if anyone can post pics of theirs would be good too. An also what do u think is the most powerful hatch line.

cockfighter_199

Re: Bates hatch

Quote Originally Posted by 808 View Post
    Interested In the red bates hatches. Looking for who has the best ones an if anyone can post pics of theirs would be good too. An also what do u think is the most powerful hatch line.
    They are superior fowl if you can find the good ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Mike Chambers....the RN line...

Post Thanks / Like

Here is our Bates line... Rough looking because of the molt...

Post Thanks / Like

Bates/Gilmore cross stag...

cockfighter_199

Quote Originally Posted by Nayarit4 View Post
    Here is our Bates line... Rough looking because of the molt...

This looks identical to my red bates hatch I bet you that I have some that look almost the same to him. Good job with your bates hatch they look good

Post Thanks / Like

Pitcrawlers what it the rn line? An the pics look good. Beatif bates hatch

Post Thanks / Like

9. Thanks BananaCamp thanked for this post
    Likes dungeon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Camarines View Post

Camarines; do you have some his birds? I never heard of him. I have had several people send me that website link.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaOkie View Post
    Camarines; do you have some his birds? I never heard of him. I have had several people send me that website link.
    No, don't have any of his birds. Found the website by accident. So I added it to my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Wat is the rn line? I am very interested with the bates hatches hard ground shufflers or more of a flashy type? Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Our Line of Bates

14. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is exactly what I'm lookin for peacomb/green or blue legs/wine red. Not lookin for the speckled ones thank guys. Nice roosters how are they flashy or the power type?

Post Thanks / Like

weve had the red and the spangles for many years but got rid of the reds -we like the spangles better-they are just as tough and they can fight strait without crossing--tough as a pine knot and game to the core.

17. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any body else with some info on this? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Up up up..........................

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe Lonnie Harper has the Bates hatch he crosses on his mule train greys.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks spring creek. It seem like these bates hatch are kind of hard to find doesn't seem like a lot of people breed these

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackson co. View Post
    weve had the red and the spangles for many years but got rid of the reds -we like the spangles better-they are just as tough and they can fight strait without crossing--tough as a pine knot and game to the core.
    Good evening. May we see the pictures of the SPANGLES. If any spares are available, would love to cross to Alabama and Boston Roundheads for the LK.

Post Thanks / Like

This bates is a 1x winner in sk won in under 20 seconds came out with only a cut in his crop. This is his first spar since he recovered.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I like A bates but this Doc Robison/Billy Ruble cross hit extra hard. This bull stag has nocked holes in a 2lt drink bottle. For a hatch they seem to be pritty smart and fast.
    A Bates or the ones I have saw showed full are your normail hatch strong and stright ahead no backing up push push push.

26. Thanks timtaboo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The best bates hatch are the double lefts.richard bates bred a Johnny Mitchell cock that was 3/4 bluface,1/4 madigin grey of the Percy flowers blood to hatch/kelso hens and then bred the daughters back to the original bluface/grey cock.all the hens come with the pale blue/greenish head and most of the cocks have this too.most are dark red,maybe 5% spangle if that.medium station,and they have big,muscular football bodies.really red eyes and some people know them by the name"red eyes".really fast and explosive,super aggressive,strong,game,tough.have it all.only bad thing is some of them get stiff on a string walk and some aren't super cutters because of the crosses are fine though..awesome to cross on yellow leg or white leg blood.the best thing about them is how fast and well they can move but still have power and toughness.just goes to show that all gamefowl come from crosses.what counts is the breeder and starting with quality birds.

28. Thanks davin, Camarines thanked for this post
    Likes davin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timtaboo View Post
    The best bates hatch are the double lefts.richard bates bred a Johnny Mitchell cock that was 3/4 bluface,1/4 madigin grey of the Percy flowers blood to hatch/kelso hens and then bred the daughters back to the original bluface/grey cock.all the hens come with the pale blue/greenish head and most of the cocks have this too.most are dark red,maybe 5% spangle if that.medium station,and they have big,muscular football bodies.really red eyes and some people know them by the name"red eyes".really fast and explosive,super aggressive,strong,game,tough.have it all.only bad thing is some of them get stiff on a string walk and some aren't super cutters because of the crosses are fine though..awesome to cross on yellow leg or white leg blood.the best thing about them is how fast and well they can move but still have power and toughness.just goes to show that all gamefowl come from crosses.what counts is the breeder and starting with quality birds.
    Is this what your talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timtaboo View Post
    Heard of the name Red Eyes from Mr. Swain Wells. Also Little Don P. might have some Bates Hatch. Both from Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by griffin farm View Post
    Is this what your talking about?
    yep,looks like one to me,especially the head.get any spangles ?

Post Thanks / Like

808 I think bama sports has Bates hatch to

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=timtaboo;4578916]yep,looks like one to me,especially the head.get any spangles ?[/QUOTE]Spangled stag

34. Thanks timtaboo thanked for this post
    Likes timtaboo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Try LTD gamefarm aka TATA LOPE...they still breed BATES HATCHES and BATES BLACK. Bates and Tata Lope I guess were good friend, and surely they have authentic ones. You can check their account on FB, hope this helps.
    Last edited by ErwynDonor; April 9th, 2014 at 03:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

When Richard Bates first bred the double lefts he didn't know what he had he killed a majority of the cocks because they had crooked breasts the ones that he kept won a lot of fights

37. Thanks timtaboo thanked for this post
    Likes timtaboo liked this post