Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trifen Plus De-wormer

Post Thanks / Like

Trifen Plus De-wormer

I ordered from Mexi-Cali a de-worming product in pill form called Trifen-Plus. Has anyone had experience using this?

roundhead man

Re: Trifen Plus De-wormer

Its a good wormer. Been using it for years since it was called trifen. Ive used both, both are good only difference is trifen plus is more consecrated and iys a smaller pill.

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff , you will definitely feel the difference when you first give them

Post Thanks / Like

Works real good , really cleans them out gives them good appetite after

Post Thanks / Like

I know the instructions are in Spanish but that's what computers are for? You can find the instructions google and copy and paste it in a translation website and it tells you one pill for every 2.2lbs but make sure they are empty before you give. After a week you do it again.

roundhead man

Ive used it for sometime now. And I can assure you theres no need 2 give them to pill. Just make sure there empty and if you want to go one step further the next day give them some breed and milk. Then 7-10 days later repeat that again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roundhead man View Post
    Ive used it for sometime now. And I can assure you theres no need 2 give them to pill. Just make sure there empty and if you want to go one step further the next day give them some breed and milk. Then 7-10 days later repeat that again
    that's what I do..................

Post Thanks / Like

So you only do one pill? And if so, how do you know that one pill does the work? -- Not questioning your method, I'm just wondering because I too use triften plus and if only one pill does the job that would save me quite a bit...

roundhead man

Quote Originally Posted by Nayarit4 View Post
    So you only do one pill? And if so, how do you know that one pill does the work? -- Not questioning your method, I'm just wondering because I too use triften plus and if only one pill does the job that would save me quite a bit...
    Good question. I know because my cocks and hens feel good. If your fowl have parasites in there system it wont mater what you feed them or how much you feed you wont be able to keep them in good flesh thats my opinion only. So if you feel more comfortable with giving your fowl 2 pills I can assure you theres no harm in that. But ive been using trifen for some time now and ive never used 2. Also if your not sure its doing its job you can also use ivemectin 2/10 injected underneath the skin at the base of the head once or twice a year

Post Thanks / Like

Good question. I know because my cocks and hens feel good. If your fowl have parasites in there system it wont mater what you feed them or how much you feed you wont be able to keep them in good flesh thats my opinion only. So if you feel more comfortable with giving your fowl 2 pills I can assure you theres no harm in that. But ive been using trifen for some time now and ive never used 2. Also if your not sure its doing its job you can also use ivemectin 2/10 injected underneath the skin at the base of the head once or twice a year
    I'm all about getting my money's worth, and I know that sometimes manufacturers will tell you to use more than necessary so that you buy more. Everything is getting very expensive, feed, meds, vits, etc. I'm looking to figure out ways to save without compromising quality, maybe that's a good way to save in worming pills... thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for good answers on using Trifen de-wormer. Good insight to what others do.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's good stuff. I use it too. I know all the hype about "Wormal" and frankly, it's too strong and damages the birds.

I like to switch around with the milder American made stuff. Supplementing with DE, I practically don't have to worm. But if I do, it will be with the products the US has to offer. It's kinder on the gut.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post
    Yes, it's good stuff. I use it too. I know all the hype about "Wormal" and frankly, it's too strong and damages the birds.

I like to switch around with the milder American made stuff. Supplementing with DE, I practically don't have to worm. But if I do, it will be with the products the US has to offer. It's kinder on the gut.

Thanks.
    Kinder on the wallet too.

Post Thanks / Like

When I ordered from M-C it was on Friday and they ship on Saturdays only (I believe) and I got it Monday and I live in Northwestern USA. I made another order and on same day and they shipped next day on Saturday and I got it Monday. That is good service! USPS needs a pat on back too!

Another fellow gave me idea of using Safeguard brand horse paste and mix in food, I did that and I think it worked well and will use the Trifen brand every other time, so to keep parasites from getting too immune to same product. Stags are looking good right now with cooler days and nights the past few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Mexi-Cali offers both Trifen Avicola and Trifen plus. Each tablet of Trifen Avicola is formlated with 70 mg. of Albendazole while each tablet of Trifen plus is formulated with 30 mg. of Albendazole and 0.2 mg of Abamectin. Albendazole is for control of internal parasites (worms) while Abamectin is for control of external parasites such as mites and lice. If you are looking for just a wormer, Trifen Avicola is $15 US for 100 pills. If you want the dual purpose formula, Trifen plus is $18 US for 100 pills. You can pay with paypal or credit card. Service is fast and shipping is free for orders within the continental USA. Their website is mexi-cali.net

I use 2 pills of the Trifen plus for each adult bird or 1 pill of the Trifen Avicola.

Post Thanks / Like

Abamectin is in the same family as Ivermectin.
    Albendazole is in the same family as Fenbendazole.

Niether Abamectin or Albendazole works as good as AMERICAN MADE Ivermectin and AMERICAN MADE Fenbendazole

17. Thanks southernX thanked for this post
    Likes southernX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I just got some VALBAZEN dewormer and I was thinking to alternate it with Triften Plus -- worm one month with one and next time with the other. But it looks like they are pretty much the same thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Kinder on the wallet too.
    I get mine for about 13 dallers

Post Thanks / Like

I might uust have to try some of the Trifen Plus De-wormer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICRED View Post
    I get mine for about 13 dallers
    I recently found it for $12.75 for 100 pills with free shipping.I'm thinking about trying it.I just don't like having to withhold feed and the fact that you have to give 2 pills.

Post Thanks / Like

I give it when penning young fowl 1 tablet and I dont withhold feed. Works for me. For adult fowl I like the PI Wormal in rotation with Dr Bixler Vermifugo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post

Thanks.
    Are you saying the green pill is to much for them?

Post Thanks / Like

The best prekeep wormer made WWW.wormeradicator.com
    It is actually the best wormer made period!.....I say prekeep because it is a little pricy for worming a large yard and would be better used to get your birds ready before the stress of a keep.
    Worm Eradicator is Modern science, not speculation and wishful thinking.
    Now I'm sure there are more than a few of you good people thinking "who is this clown" jumping on every worm thread on Sabong.
    I'm here to say that "I AM TAKING OVER THE PARASITE CONTROL GAME" and I'm talkin worldwide for dogs and roosters! Once this stuff catches on I will expand my horizons to other animals as well.
    There is nothing on the market now or ever has been that does what Worm Eradicator can do. Or contains what Worm Eradicator has in it.
    I challenge anyone to search and find another product that is even remotely close to this wormer.
    Pull your heads out of the sand roostermen! .......This is 2013 not 1985......Worming is not in the dark ages anymore!
    All other wormers are totaly lacking......If you don't believe me GOOGLE IT!
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass......just turning on the world and every dog owner and roosterman to this wormer so you all can reap the benefits of this SUPERB product.
    If I have ruffled anybodys feathers with this post............ than GOOD let's blow this!
    Last edited by Determination; October 29th, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Determination View Post
    The best prekeep wormer made WWW.wormeradicator.com
    It is actually the best wormer made period!.....I say prekeep because it is a little pricy for worming a large yard and would be better used to get your birds ready before the stress of a keep.
    Worm Eradicator is Modern science, not speculation and wishful thinking.
    Now I'm sure there are more than a few of you good people thinking "who is this clown" jumping on every worm thread on Sabong.
    I'm here to say that "I AM TAKING OVER THE PARASITE CONTROL GAME" and I'm talkin worldwide for dogs and roosters! Once this stuff catches on I will expand my horizons to other animals as well.
    There is nothing on the market now or ever has been that does what Worm Eradicator can do. Or contains what Worm Eradicator has in it.
    I challenge anyone to search and find another product that is even remotely close to this wormer.
    Pull your heads out of the sand roostermen! .......This is 2013 not 1985......Worming is not in the dark ages anymore!
    All other wormers are totaly lacking......If you don't believe me GOOGLE IT!
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass......just turning on the world and every dog owner and roosterman to this wormer so you all can reap the benefits of this SUPERB product.
    If I have ruffled anybodys feathers with this post............ than GOOD let's blow this!

Sounds good. Has anyone else tried this stuff. Also how often do you worm your fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

I worm once a month to the penned and tie cord birds with Worm Eradicator. For the free rangers they get the Wazine till I catch them up and pen them.

Post Thanks / Like

I worm once a month to the penned and tie cord birds with Worm Eradicator. For the free rangers they get the Wazine till I catch them up and pen them.
    Im going to buy some of this. Sound like a good product. Wish I could here from a few others just to see how they like it.

Post Thanks / Like

This product has been out for a couple of months now. I am only now starting to get awesome feedback on it . It takes a little while to really see and appreciate the results with the health of your animals, about 10 days and after the second dose..... I mean results are immediate when you have an infestation but after a couple weeks your animals will really start to shine and convert their food the right way. You may even have to cut down on feed, they'll gain weight if not worked or kept active.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyingbullets View Post
    Im going to buy some of this. Sound like a good product. Wish I could here from a few others just to see how they like it.
    So far all my orders have been for dogs. Cockers are a tougher sell!......Many are afraid of change and the price so I lowered it on the rooster sized capsule to $1.50 a cap....... This stuff is not cheap to make........But worth every penny!
    Last edited by Determination; November 16th, 2013 at 10:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This product has been out for a couple of months now. I am only now starting to get awesome feedback on it . It takes a little while to really see and appreciate the results with the health of your animals, about 10 days and after the second dose..... I mean results are immediate when you have an infestation but after a couple weeks your animals will really start to shine and convert their food the right way. You may even have to cut down on feed, they'll gain weight if not worked or kept active.
    They seem real healthy right now. I would hate for them to catch worms cause I didnt worm them in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyingbullets View Post
    They seem real healthy right now. I would hate for them to catch worms cause I didnt worm them in time.
    If you are worried about prevention just use Diatomaceous Earth in the feed. So safe humans can consume it (if you buy the food grade one) and you can use it to kill all sorts of bugs just don't breath it in. It'll keep worms from infesting and kill fleas on dogs and the ground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth

But I think one day I'll try that worm-eradicator and give some feed back but as the man says it's pricey.