Thread: oregon Gamefowl

Post Thanks / Like

oregon Gamefowl

Hello everyone im pretty new to gamefowl iv always liked them but just recently got some birds and i would like to know where in oregon i could buy some?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: oregon Gamefowl

Read through forums I know a few guys who are on here that live in Oregon, I used to live up there but Oregon doesn't have fowl friendly weather!! I can't give you there info because your new no one can just give you info unless u talk to them first! Do some research and you will find some. Good luck bro.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah the weather gets pretty bad here in the winter time what would you do with hem during the winter ?

Post Thanks / Like

I used to live up in Hillsboro, then Beaverton but never had a lot only a few and would put them in the garage!

Post Thanks / Like

Just leave them outside the ones that get sick do your culling for you. Snow rain doesn't bother them just give them shelter and a wind break and you will be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think the weather is perfect

Post Thanks / Like

Only the strongest, and smartest survive. I love the weather here don't get to many diseases.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine were fine living in
    LaPine other than the water freezing it was good. Not a lot of pests and such with the cold. Never had mites or worms.

Post Thanks / Like

I raised them for years when I had them before, and I live in the coldest spot in Ore. They raise them in upper NY so why not here. Mine seem to do quite well in the cold.

Post Thanks / Like

We got roundpens and howling winds and drifting snow in the winter...All you need is a small shed for yourself and a bunch of thick plastics wrapped around the pens and give them snowcones instead of water and you will be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Oregon a pretty big state with at least 3 different type weather. Not all year I mean all at the same time. Coast, valley, and eastern. I lived in the valley, Wonderful climate for birds,.

Post Thanks / Like

I visit Oregon every year and wish I could find some farms up there so I can talk chicken. My sister lives near where Mel Sims use to live, I wish he was still there. Does anyone know of anyone still breeding his blood in that area?

Post Thanks / Like

You got to get feeding down to lots of whole corn in the winter I also feed soaked oats year round.in the summer with the soaked oats they drink a little less water and in the winter when the waterers freeze they get hydration from the oats.it is nice where I live 100+ degree summers a good cold winter with some snow spring and fall good weather.not a lot of wind.

Post Thanks / Like

i live in vancouver wa , just a few miles from oregon , and i believe the wheather dont even bother them , but im small breeder , i dont breed hundreds

Post Thanks / Like

We can breed them in Washington, you can breed them in Oregon.

Post Thanks / Like

have friends live in grants pass oregon. they raise gamefowl . had no problems from anybody.

ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Who do you know chef11 there is only two I know of

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef11 View Post
    have friends live in grants pass oregon. they raise gamefowl . had no problems from anybody.

ryan
    I think there is one in Aumsville OR, called Circle C Farm owner Steve Clark but that was few years ago I dont know if he still breeds them! There used to be a ranch out there In Grants Pass named Gurschke's Game farm. I think they had Toppy's, Japs, Asil and other American fowl..... Those were the only ones that I could remember...

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry has been out for about 10 plus years and he was a peddler.there is me and one older guy in town that have chickens.used to be a lot but none no more.

Post Thanks / Like

Oregon is great for raising fowl,if you have the facility,time and money.lol.lol...been raising em here goin on 8 yrs...love the cool air!!!..less deasase,less flies,and alot of green grass....feed is cheap,and have alot of room on my chicken lot....SEASON ALMOST HERE!!!..GAME TIME BABY!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What I didn't like about Oregon was that the majority of the population frown upon you especially if you own game fowl and the color of your skin is brown...... That's why I moved to CA.....

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy lives 45 mins north of grants pass. small breeder. ylh,kelso, greys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect-Gull View Post
    What I didn't like about Oregon was that the majority of the population frown upon you especially if you own game fowl and the color of your skin is brown...... That's why I moved to CA.....
    yeah bro i know what you meen!!!...lol.lol..das why i keep it real...lol...bro das why im a pain in there side!!!.lol.lol..i live on the hill,with couple acres,own game fowl,got pibulls for dogs,raise horses,and live comfortable.lmao!!!...they can love it or leave it!!!!LMAO!!!

24. Likes DeepSky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi pookela, i'm from Alberta and checking to nearest locations where I can see fowls. What bloodlines do you carry in your farm? Thanks and have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
    Hi pookela, i'm from Alberta and checking to nearest locations where I can see fowls. What bloodlines do you carry in your farm? Thanks and have a great day!
    Hey deepsky theres alot cockers in canada...pm me...I have a buddy that lives in canada...his got some killers..lol..lol.....I carry lacy n boston rh....golden greys...experimenting with some black blues..lol..lol..take care..