Thread: oregon Gamefowl

Post Thanks / Like

oregon Gamefowl

Hello everyone im pretty new to gamefowl iv always liked them but just recently got some birds and i would like to know where in oregon i could buy some?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: oregon Gamefowl

Read through forums I know a few guys who are on here that live in Oregon, I used to live up there but Oregon doesn't have fowl friendly weather!! I can't give you there info because your new no one can just give you info unless u talk to them first! Do some research and you will find some. Good luck bro.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah the weather gets pretty bad here in the winter time what would you do with hem during the winter ?

Post Thanks / Like

I used to live up in Hillsboro, then Beaverton but never had a lot only a few and would put them in the garage!

Post Thanks / Like

Just leave them outside the ones that get sick do your culling for you. Snow rain doesn't bother them just give them shelter and a wind break and you will be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think the weather is perfect

Post Thanks / Like

Only the strongest, and smartest survive. I love the weather here don't get to many diseases.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine were fine living in
    LaPine other than the water freezing it was good. Not a lot of pests and such with the cold. Never had mites or worms.

Post Thanks / Like

I raised them for years when I had them before, and I live in the coldest spot in Ore. They raise them in upper NY so why not here. Mine seem to do quite well in the cold.

Post Thanks / Like

We got roundpens and howling winds and drifting snow in the winter...All you need is a small shed for yourself and a bunch of thick plastics wrapped around the pens and give them snowcones instead of water and you will be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Oregon a pretty big state with at least 3 different type weather. Not all year I mean all at the same time. Coast, valley, and eastern. I lived in the valley, Wonderful climate for birds,.

Post Thanks / Like

I visit Oregon every year and wish I could find some farms up there so I can talk chicken. My sister lives near where Mel Sims use to live, I wish he was still there. Does anyone know of anyone still breeding his blood in that area?

Post Thanks / Like

You got to get feeding down to lots of whole corn in the winter I also feed soaked oats year round.in the summer with the soaked oats they drink a little less water and in the winter when the waterers freeze they get hydration from the oats.it is nice where I live 100+ degree summers a good cold winter with some snow spring and fall good weather.not a lot of wind.

Post Thanks / Like

i live in vancouver wa , just a few miles from oregon , and i believe the wheather dont even bother them , but im small breeder , i dont breed hundreds

Post Thanks / Like

We can breed them in Washington, you can breed them in Oregon.

Post Thanks / Like

have friends live in grants pass oregon. they raise gamefowl . had no problems from anybody.

ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Who do you know chef11 there is only two I know of

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef11 View Post
    have friends live in grants pass oregon. they raise gamefowl . had no problems from anybody.

ryan
    I think there is one in Aumsville OR, called Circle C Farm owner Steve Clark but that was few years ago I dont know if he still breeds them! There used to be a ranch out there In Grants Pass named Gurschke's Game farm. I think they had Toppy's, Japs, Asil and other American fowl..... Those were the only ones that I could remember...

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry has been out for about 10 plus years and he was a peddler.there is me and one older guy in town that have chickens.used to be a lot but none no more.

Post Thanks / Like

Oregon is great for raising fowl,if you have the facility,time and money.lol.lol...been raising em here goin on 8 yrs...love the cool air!!!..less deasase,less flies,and alot of green grass....feed is cheap,and have alot of room on my chicken lot....SEASON ALMOST HERE!!!..GAME TIME BABY!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What I didn't like about Oregon was that the majority of the population frown upon you especially if you own game fowl and the color of your skin is brown...... That's why I moved to CA.....

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy lives 45 mins north of grants pass. small breeder. ylh,kelso, greys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect-Gull View Post
    What I didn't like about Oregon was that the majority of the population frown upon you especially if you own game fowl and the color of your skin is brown...... That's why I moved to CA.....
    yeah bro i know what you meen!!!...lol.lol..das why i keep it real...lol...bro das why im a pain in there side!!!.lol.lol..i live on the hill,with couple acres,own game fowl,got pibulls for dogs,raise horses,and live comfortable.lmao!!!...they can love it or leave it!!!!LMAO!!!