Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Legged Johny Jumper Kelso

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Legged Johny Jumper Kelso

Hey Guys have anyone of you here experience this Bloodline? I need information on what bloodline is best to cross with the blue legged johny jumper kelso and any other information you may have. Thanks in advance to the person who gives information.

4D'sgamefarm
    A buddy of mine said that he had bought a J.J.Kelso trio from a dude and that some of his pullets came out blue legged I told him, I had never heard of them coming blue legged.Do they come blue legged??

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the Pullets come blue legged and the stags are mostly yellow legged.

wickedfroggie
    Yes they do come blue legs once in a while throwback. Never heard yet if you breed them dont know if they will throw 50/50 lumabas na green leg or yellow leg.
    I have a viper gray that will come out green leg but when you breed them they will not come green all come yellow legs.

buhawi

the man i know that breed superb blue legged kelso

was dennis oakley.
    i think james pope has also good blue legged kelso.

kaohu
    I don't know about the Jumper blue leg kelso, but Cedar Ridge Farms used to have an add in the gamecock. He calls his farm "Home of the Blue leg Kelso". His description of them is : They are great in any heel. High breakers,aggressive and deadly cutters. They hit hard from start to finish.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the information guys. Actually only 25% to 30% only of the pullets come blue legged, but they are really good for breeding. I got my original blue legged hen from Mr. Rudy Amistad one of his employees said this were the bloodlines that they use on stag derbies. They once scored 2 entries champion and 1 ensurance with only 3 entries entered.

Post Thanks / Like

Blue-legged Kelso

Joeper,

Our Johnnie Jumper Kelso came from Biboy Enriquez. Firebird has had this since anyone could remember. According to him the JJ Kelso's once closely inbred throws out blue-legged fowl. Last year our off-season breeding produce some lovely chicks that came out this way. Now that they are pullets my friend (with whom I left them) says they look good except of course for the leg color. We used these pure JJ Kelso blue-legged pullets crossed to Hatch and Sweater cocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Blue Legged Johny Jumper Kelso

Breed back the blue legged pullets back to the brood cock and blue legged male will prop up.

CHAMPION
    Sabong.NET Derby 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blue Legged Johny Jumper Kelso

i have this blue legged kelso from my friend lemon hackle high breaking fowl cross it to my green legged dom nice fowl

11. Likes Raisincity liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a good topic!!interesting for me,i have 2 hens came from a friend of mine he said this hens are jj kelso but in my head i believed they are cross to hatch line because they are green legged,i cross them to roundhead but all sons are white and yellow legged only the pullets have green leg,and im happy to the stags high flying and move fast strong enough.

Post Thanks / Like

correction i wrote green legged it is bleu what i mean to say,sorry

Post Thanks / Like

my winningest broodcock is a blue-legged jj kelso. he is out of a double brother-sister mating of biboy enriquez's white legged jj kelso. a friend of mine bought a trio from him that were brother and sisters. he mated them to one another and out came a blue-legged kelso pullet. while on the range, the blue-legged kelso pullet was mated by his white legged full brother and out came a blue-legged male and this became my winnigest broodcock. when mated to white or yellow legged hens, all male offsprings come out only WHITE legged. all females come out blue-legged. here is a picture of him, sorry for the messed up tail.

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...dwings/037.jpg
    http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...ings/039-1.jpg
    http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...ings/040-1.jpg

he is already six years old but still very productive. he is currently being mated to 20 pullets and hens

james wolf

rick stoncipher sent me a pair of blue legged jj kelso hens, great producers with my black velcro & charles greer's kelso broodcock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWings
    my winningest broodcock is a blue-legged jj kelso. he is out of a double brother-sister mating of biboy enriquez's white legged jj kelso. a friend of mine bought a trio from him that were brother and sisters. he mated them to one another and out came a blue-legged kelso pullet. while on the range, the blue-legged kelso pullet was mated by his white legged full brother and out came a blue-legged male and this became my winnigest broodcock. when mated to white or yellow legged hens, all male offsprings come out only WHITE legged. all females come out blue-legged. here is a picture of him, sorry for the messed up tail.

he is already six years old but still very productive. he is currently being mated to 20 pullets and hens

sir,

when i open and saw the pictures this cock looks like doc robinson hatch

aurora gold

very interesting story about your bluelegged kelso bro
    i enjoy reading them...........i am learning something very important about the appearance/occurence of throwback

Post Thanks / Like

he looks like some kind of a hatch....

Post Thanks / Like

JJ Kelso will occasionally throw blue leg pullets. If you get one they are good breeders. The blue leg whipoorwill color are awsome. I like them with Kelso and Radio, my brother likes them with his BB sweater.

Post Thanks / Like

Johny Jumper kelsos are not uniform. Some come blue,white, and yellow. If you are picky about uniformity v/s winning you will not like it. I go with the winning so i like these kind of kelso. The problem here is I cannot afford to buy any of his kelso.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffel
    sir,

from what i hear, jj indeed used doc rob hatches to infuse to his kelsos that is why they sometimes throw dark legged fowls. but this fowl of mine, you can never mistake him for a real doc when you see him, he's got the stance and the body of a kelso fowl, tall and tight feathered

22. Thanks compitas g f thanked for this post
    DOUBLECHAMP2009

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffel
    sir,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emfsupermac
    he looks like some kind of a hatch....
    Blue Legged Kelso is a Hatch X Kelso cross. You breed a GL Hatch cock to a WL Kelso hen and you get WL stags and BL pullets. You may breed your BL pullets to the brother of her mother which is a WL cock and you get nice BL Kelso stags and pullets. Or you may simply go inbreeding (bro - sis) WL bro and BL sis and you will also get BL stags and pullets. Or... you can go Hatch side... breed back the BL pullet to her GL dad and you will get mixed GL and BL stags and pullets... whichever gives you good money... go for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lexlavin32

Blue Legged Kelso is a Hatch X Kelso cross. You breed a GL Hatch cock to a WL Kelso hen and you get WL stags and BL pullets. You may breed your BL pullets to the brother of her mother which is a WL cock and you get nice BL Kelso stags and pullets. Or you may simply go inbreeding (bro - sis) WL bro and BL sis and you will also get BL stags and pullets. Or... you can go Hatch side... breed back the BL pullet to her GL dad and you will get mixed GL and BL stags and pullets... whichever gives you good money... go for it!

i'm sure he really has hatch blood in him, particularly doc hatch but very very little percentage. this particular broodcock of mine has produced over 300 stags and all came white legged just like white legged kelsos. not a single one came out yellow legged

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by black-oragon; January 24th, 2010 at 10:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm sure he really has hatch blood in him, particularly doc hatch but very very little percentage. this particular broodcock of mine has produced over 300 stags and all came white legged just like white legged kelsos. not a single one came out yellow legged
    WildWings, if you use any GL or BL Hatch cock over a pure WL Kelso hen then you will harvest 99.9% WL stags and BL pullets. But if your Kelso hen isn't straight WL bred, you may get pops of YL stags from time to time. The same story when you breed on the Hatch side, you will get pops of YL stags and pullets from time to time. Lex.

Post Thanks / Like

the jj bluelegged kelso are from his 20K lines. the 20K was the 20K winner from robbie
    white that jj infused to his kelso...robbie's base blood on this mating was a coon which has
    a curtis blackwell mclean in it...i don't know what percentage of hatch robbie added but this was what johnny told me...

Post Thanks / Like

others also want to know about this....here in other vids about this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=836GV...ture=related:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Blue Legged Johny Jumper Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack
    others also want to know about this....here in other vids about this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=836GV...ture=related:D

your birds looks great...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lexlavin32

WildWings, if you use any GL or BL Hatch cock over a pure WL Kelso hen then you will harvest 99.9% WL stags and BL pullets. But if your Kelso hen isn't straight WL bred, you may get pops of YL stags from time to time. The same story when you breed on the Hatch side, you will get pops of YL stags and pullets from time to time. Lex.

yes sir lex, that is right. but i bred my blue-legged kelso bbroodcock to sweater hens and pullets and none came out yellow legs, all came out white legged which means that my blue legged kelso has a high percentage of white leg kelso in him. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

upupupupupupu.......4 more info..