View Poll Results: which roundhead would u choose?

Voters
490. You may not vote on this poll
  • allen roundhead

365 74.49%
  • shelton roundhead

68 13.88%
  • lundy roundhead

57 11.63%
Page 1 of 137 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Roundheads

texcatlin

Post Roundhead's

Would you please tell the difference between Lacy/Boston/Brunner Roundhead and who has em' and also the contact person. Thank you.

Edited by: Sentenciador

There is no "THE BEST" or "D' BEST". You have a good topic, but just ask about Roundhead's. That's good enough...

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use the "search ", you will find out this word can help you decide which one suits u!

texcatlin

RH (lacy,boston,brunner,crippled tony, etc..)

Sorry for not using appropriate word to ask. Believe me I do search in this site and other favorite site as well, but still part my concern was unanswered or still up in the air. I think RH is a very good investment in starting up a good or establishing a good lineage. If I ask your own noble personal opinion or experience which ROUNDHEAD do you prefer and please explain a lil' bit of their style of fighting and especially the contact person, web page or phone #. I just want to start right and hook up with the right beeder. I think the shortest of doin' things is to do it Right the first time. Just my personal opinion. Thank you for your honest opinion. Salamat po.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can sharer only a hint of one kind of roundhead as featured

Jimmy Williams's Brunner Roundhead

1. High station,
    2. Excellent body conformation,
    3. Tightly feathered
    4. Game
    5. Quick
    6. Reaching out
    7. Accurate cutting
    8. Winning
    9. Gentle and Good natured

What else could u ask for?

Remember some peacomb are mean, some cockers cull mean fighters because they are difficult to condition...I do gradually dispatch those manfighters and man pecking chickens. I tend to breed gentle chickens as one criteria.. I have nothing more to add..peksman!

5. Thanks digram73 thanked for this post
    Likes digram73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boston Roundhead

Howdy Tex? Well, this is what I have read and heard about this type of Roundhead. I have read from one of the cockfigthing manuals in the Philippines -written by Mr. Tony Hidalgo- that the YLH is heavy on Roundhead blood. It did not occur to me until a cocking friend of mine told me that he spoke to one of the NC (?)breeders that the YLH is heavy on the "Boston" Roundhead (BR)blood. Dont remember the name of the breeder but he advertizes his Boston Roundhead as fitting the description of the BR to a "T". Those of you who subscribe to Gamecock magazine probably know who I am talking about :hippie:

gensoriano

PS: Just talked to my friend and the breeder's name is Greg Graley from (West?) Virginia.

texcatlin

RH

Howdy, Thank you broddah for your response. I do appreciate your fine responsed. Among American Breeders who has a good stock of highly potent RH. A friend told me that in Sunset and other favorite gamefowl event that you can buy broodcock? I dunno if it theres any?

2. How about D'Slavin RH (Lacy RH).

3. Mike Middleton (Gypsy Farm)

4. Ray Alexander

5. Hugh Norman and others

6. Simbeck's

What is your best cross for this gamefowl. Your input on this subject is very much appreciated.

Gerry

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is....

It is quite hard to find a good broodcock on derby events unless you find a good and honest breeder that you can make arrangements with to bring you a broodfowl "in the pit". Meaning, most (not all) of the fowl brought in the pit are battle crosses. One advantage though is that you can buy an exceptional winning fowl in the pits. Now, if it turns out to be "pure" great. But what are the chances? I think a good cross for the RH is the Hatch family. As has been proven in the past. Just my two cents worth. With inflation, my dollars worth. Legalize cockfigthing!!!!!

gensoriano

gonzo

Thumbs up one answer>>>

BRUNER ROUNDHEADS!!!

bien1931

D' Best Rounghead

Tex,
    I agree with Gensoriano about how hard it is to choose which breed of roundhead is better compared to others. Like most RD that is being fought in big pits here in the U.S. are crosses. Then its a matter of ' B.S., if you get what I mean the owner of the cock what kind of RH he has. If he Happence to be a breeder and he has a good reputation then try to visit his farm. If you are satisfied this is what you are looking for then get a trio oen hen is a sister of the cock and the other hen is either a 1/2 sister or a cousing of the other her. line breed this way you can get your 5/8/and 3/8 faster. You can cross your RH to a Jumper radio cock the trade mark of a good radio is one who is noisy a whole lot that's why they are called radios. If you are P.I. maybe you can get a Tally Kelso send by Bob Howard to Araneta, These are the bloodline that won the International derby in P.I. 1993 and 95. these are the bloodline you can cross to your RH. So you see you have a very long road to travel to be successful.

Goodluck hope you fine your H.D. and start producing super aceses.

Post Thanks / Like

Jr Belt Roundheads

Go look in Manings gallery and ask Maning how Jr Belts RH's did this past year...they were awsome.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Belt roundhead

BananaCamp,

Their record speaks for themselves with no BS. They don't advertize their chickens. But, if somebody still in doubt, they could check their record at the best american pit now, not yesteryears.

maning

Post Thanks / Like
    Amen, bruddah...Jr Belts RH's and crosses went kick butt this past season, they fought tough...and brought home the money.

purplehizzK

RndHead??!!!

Have an eye on Kelly Green's Roundhead, my pick.

fmgomez

Thumbs up Roundhead

Hey Manning would you happen to have any of Jr's. roundheads for sale? If so, please email me at fmkelso17@yahoo.com
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    JR'S COWAN ARE GOOD.. I DO HAVE ONE CROSS WITH KELSO

Post Thanks / Like

Wink jr. Belt Roundhead

is one of the best roundhead in today's competition. This cock is a 1x winner in an american pit his offsprings are been proven by myself in P.I. competition.

hakaka_moa
    the lacys from dan grey are bombs.. they reach way far out with excellent cutting ability... i have several brothers from offsprings that came from dan grey and out of 7 brothers all won, 3 of them are 3 time winners in Hawaii pits..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maning,
    That's a very nice RH! I agree, Jr's RH is awesome and is winning for him for several years. Very consistent. I know though that he dont sell any. Did you acquire yours through friendship with JR? Do you have his Clarets?

Best,
    Victor

didit
    thats a nice looking lacy roundhead.

bukol
    i put the pitmasters Allen Roundhead as one the best.great long knife fighters.not a lot of wasted motion.straight to the point.can hold their own against any sweater.
    just my opinion......
    bukolan mo pare ko....

Post Thanks / Like
    in no paticular order

john slavins cripple tony

george woods lacy

jerry adkins carl davis r/h

dwane linds allens

William Branum
    LACY ROUNDHEAD...... I have a family that I have had since the middle '70s and they prove their worth every year. I like to cross them with Sweater and Yellow-legged Hatch. Some of the best knife cocks I have ever raised was a 3-way cross between 3 Lacy families.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Steph's Boston Roundheads! :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

boljack

Best Roundhead

Maning,nice picture...

kibor

roundead

LACY ROUNDHEAD

Post Thanks / Like

A blend of several RHs

Maning and Jexus, the Rh pics are very nice looking. I bet the owners are also good looking.

Tex, we have the Hugh Norman, George Wood and Brunner.
    Individually: the Hugh Norman Lacy is a medium level breaker but can snatch hook the other bird on the break, better ground fighter and snatch hooker, has multiple low strapping cutting, more bottom, brainy and excellent fight manager or generalship. The George Wood Lacy breaks very high, brainy and a very good cutter. The Brunner RH is fast off the line, breaks high and cuts very well.
    RH Crosses. The HN and George LH have been successful in American Derbies. The Brunner-HN RHs are very very successful in the PI derbies (its the same Billy Abbott winning cross).

Old Lacy RH line going back to the 1950s. I am adding this old Lacy RH family primarily for their very very quick feet. In fact, the handler had to alarm the referee that his bird will probably get to the other bird while still on the score line. They can turn around while most birds are between a half turn or 3/4 turn. They are brainy and side steps a lot. They are very inbred but the line can be refreshed by out crossing to another RH.

redwings

RAY ALEXANDER

a lot of you guys forgot Ray Alexander's LACY ROUNDHEADS. there was one point in time that ray's fowls were considered the best in the world and at that time nobody contested it. still great and consistent fighter in any long knife competition.

doc leng
    When I read about this kind of thread, it reminds me of my childhood and friends.

My dad has a biggggg house!

Post Thanks / Like

doc leng

Instead of voicing your opinion on the subject you voice an opinion of others opinions on the subject.

You obviously have not grown up any since your biiiiggg house days.

doc leng
    !!! huh, you sound like my grandma Paul.

:lol: