Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Corey Rampuri

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Corey Rampuri

Posting these pictures for Bob... Hope they come out ok.

Some pictures of his youngest group of 2013 Rampuri stags.
    Above: These 2 are unrelated and are 5 1/2 mon old.

Below: These 4 are 7 1/2 mon old, 2 are by same cock , other 2 different cocks

ramstag3a.jpg

ramstag4a.jpg

ramstag5a.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Corey Rampuri

Nice. Longheel has some Rampuri that are similar but with bigger rounder bodies. His are like 6-7 pounds. Very talented orientals. What is there weight of yours at 2 years old?

3. Thanks bcorey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ramstag6a.jpg

Pic of 4th stag .................................................. ..........

5. Likes Longcountcoming, Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I seldom get a cock that weighs over 5:10, I like them smaller , faster, I use these 3/4 rampuri 1/4 jap in American show. they have plenty speed

7. Thanks Elhungaro thanked for this post
    Likes CajunDevil, jemm65, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcorey View Post
    I seldom get a cock that weighs over 5:10, I like them smaller , faster, I use these 3/4 rampuri 1/4 jap in American show. they have plenty speed
    Thanks. Nice birds Mr. Corey.............................

9. Thanks bcorey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice rampuris bob. During the last ten years tried japs , 3 type of red asils and rampuris. The rampuris are the only ones left.

11. Likes kickin_chicken, bcorey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

nice photos....I would like to know what exactly the rampuri bring to the table that other asil don't. I've always been curious about the rampuri so I figured you Mr. Corey would be a good guy to ask. Thanks YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I would like to know the difference in Rampuri vs. Boles or Jim Clem Japs and Les Melville Asils which we all know are proven and good lines. Just curious as to difference??

Post Thanks / Like

I have little knowledge of asils. Only been playing with them for a few years. My observation is they are like any other fowl. Example, whats the difference between lacey, boston, brunner, shelton and so on roundheads? What, in my opinion, sets them appart from each other is how they blend with YOUR FOWL or your ideas.
    Some are more defensive, faster, better timing, more aggression and so on. It really depends on how you INTEND to use them. Just like any other fowl. My advice is they aren't for everybody. Even when you get the "good" ones. "Old habits are hard to break" and new ideas bring that out even more.

15. Likes Engkanto, jm54, bcorey, VoodooChild67, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fire-Rite these little birds add gameness, cut, power to every family I have added them to, in the pit they out smart the opponent, actually throw him off balance, this blood is very dominate when added to other families .
    Last edited by bcorey; January 15th, 2014 at 08:15 PM.

17. Thanks BLAKE V., FIRE-RITE thanked for this post
    Likes CajunDevil, jm54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    I have little knowledge of asils. Only been playing with them for a few years. My observation is they are like any other fowl. Example, whats the difference between lacey, boston, brunner, shelton and so on roundheads? What, in my opinion, sets them appart from each other is how they blend with YOUR FOWL or your ideas.
    Some are more defensive, faster, better timing, more aggression and so on. It really depends on how you INTEND to use them. Just like any other fowl. My advice is they aren't for everybody. Even when you get the "good" ones. "Old habits are hard to break" and new ideas bring that out even more.
    Mongoose has said it as well if not better than I could have

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Cory, Which one do you prefer your rampuri or jap? or japsil?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jam671 View Post
    Mr. Cory, Which one do you prefer your rampuri or jap? or japsil?
    I have used the rampuri at 3/4 in gaff very successfully, I have used the rampuri over the jap at 1/2's also, in gaff and sk, the jap at 3/4 rampuri at 1/4 is excellent for sk or lk, I use my rampuri over my blues, br reds, kelso, japs, lundys, perry hatch ,have no complaints. I am now 61 , in the last 40 yrs I have experimented with every family of gamefowl there is. I have settled on this collection , be cause they all nicked and that's not saying they were the only ones that did. It is still to many but like my wife says, its an addiction with me !!

Post Thanks / Like

i have some of bcoreys rampuri blood and they are great fowl. i crossed with my hatch and they are exceptional. mr corey is a honest guy that i would trust with any of his fowl....David Hicks
    Last edited by SBGamefarm; January 17th, 2014 at 06:06 PM.

22. Thanks bcorey thanked for this post
    Likes mendonca, prariechiken liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I started experimented with fowl only about 3 years now one thing is for sure , it's very time consuming and you must wait a couple of years for results.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I meant to say experimenting with Japs/asils about 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

I have both Bob's Rampuri and Gowdy and can't say enough good things about them. They are great naked heel and postiza birds pure, and add cut and smarts when crossed over speed fowl. They won't dazzle you like Americans, coming in like a freight train throwing tons of legs and wing, but once they settle in its all Oriental.

26. Thanks bcorey thanked for this post
    Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mongoose, I should have thought of it that way I guess. I just acquired first Orientals in past year and so far find them very interesting and fun to get to know, they are definitely different than American fowl that I have had all my life. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Canyon Game View Post
    Thanks Mongoose, I should have thought of it that way I guess. I just acquired first Orientals in past year and so far find them very interesting and fun to get to know, they are definitely different than American fowl that I have had all my life. lol
    I love them and hate them. They are a great advantage if used right BUT they bring other qualities that just bug me. Like I said "old habits" (mine) die hard. You have to change your way of thinking to be successful with them in my opinion. I was raised with hatch fowl only for American shows for 20 years. That mindset isn't helpful with orientals.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; January 18th, 2014 at 01:58 PM.

29. Likes Al Sanchez, Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love them and hate them. They are a great advantage if used right BUT they bring other qualities that just bug me. Like I said "old habits" (mine) die hard. You have to change your way of thinking to be successful with them in my opinion. I was raised with hatch fowl only for American shows for 20 years. That mindset isn't helpful with orientals.
    Please explain the BUTs that bug you.
    when I started with these black asil "that we gamefowl breeders have named rampuri " gameness was never a problem like so many other asil I tried, these needed speed and station, I slowly found other families of these rampuri and blended thru extreme single mating , selection till I got what I thought was the ultimate pure asil fighting cock, I have seen these little black birds win in postiza, naked heel and gaff pure. in sk at half and 3/4 and lk at 1/4. Never looking for a bill hold , break fast then outsmart and out cut out power the opponent. I have not seen them not nick with any AG family that I have crossed them on in the last 15 yrs. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

32. Thanks bcorey thanked for this post
    Likes jgmadridRMZ, Sig1911, Reaper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to thank Bob for sending me a great quality brood stag. I'll be using him this upcoming breeding season.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do the people call most black asil, rampuri.there is n very and I say again very few black rampuris in indie.so if they dont have, were do all come from.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont categorize most black as asil. every country can import livestock. a pair of rampuri can have 8 chicks per setting so a pair can have 24 chicks in a year on the average. let say, 5 country import a pair from the original pair. in just 2 years rampuri can be everywhere. now, if one country have less specimen compare to others, they might not breeding them to their full potential.
    Last edited by Haribon; September 26th, 2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: corrections

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ace10 View Post
    Why do the people call most black asil, rampuri.there is n very and I say again very few black rampuris in indie.so if they dont have, were do all come from.
    all literature that I have studied, states that the rampuri was named after the region in India called Rampur, where they were originated, the first imports brought to America by Mr Darby were solid black with white legs , some cocks would come with black spurs, I have never seen white leg GAME rampuri except the occasional one I or Dr Dave get, I am sure Jeff Clark has had a white leg and am sure his blood is game

37. Thanks jeff clark thanked for this post
    Likes CajunDevil, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to Asil, I don't care what color Bob's are, they are some of the best in the States. Bob can call them anything he likes. For me, the name is a way to tell the difference in lines/strains/families. However, with so many peddlers around names are meaningless unless you buy them from the original breeder such as Bob, Curt, Dr Dave, Chino, Jeff, or even me.

I've never seen a Bob Corey bird that wasn't all it was suppose to be.

Those who have had Asil 20 years or less would do well to listen to anything Bob cares to share about the breed.

You may find Asil in the US that are equal to Bob's but you'll not find better.

39. Thanks bcorey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me there is a hell of alot peddlers out there that will pedle anything.

41. Likes james1953 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcorey View Post
    all literature that I have studied, states that the rampuri was named after the region in India called Rampur, where they were originated, the first imports brought to America by Mr Darby were solid black with white legs , some cocks would come with black spurs, I have never seen white leg GAME rampuri except the occasional one I or Dr Dave get, I am sure Jeff Clark has had a white leg and am sure his blood is game
    Hey Corey, do you ever get any stags with off colored legs like slate color not green but a combination of light dirty blue or greenish bluish legs?

Post Thanks / Like

Bob is out of town for the next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Bob is on Vac on the Mex Riviera!

Jorge