Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Corey Rampuri

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Corey Rampuri

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer3 View Post
    It's bad enough to throw away the money but throwing away your time is worse.

You can make more money but you can't make more time.
    thats completly true about time,an the older you get the more you appreciate it.i dont want all the oriental breeders ticked off at me but they are just not for me.ive never seen anything in them that would help my breeding that i couldnt get from an american breed but hey,thats what makes this hobby so much fun.
    but back to the point,if you are lookin for good orientals do your research an dont be to fast to hand your money over.remember good gamrfowl sell themselves an if they are worth the money there will be plenty of info out there about them
    Last edited by kywolf; March 20th, 2017 at 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Likes jeff clark, Stringer3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucasemerson View Post
    Aint no different than most other big farms that sell everything every day...how do they know all them chickens they sellin aint dunghills??? If u aint competing u don't know and most don't

Lucas

thats true if your not competing your just breeding for looks and rolling the dice. I don't have a huge yard so I don't mass produce so what ever I do keep has to be game

4. Likes kywolf, TopNotchfarms, RLaurent14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mercedjesse View Post
    thats true if your not competing your just breeding for looks and rolling the dice. I don't have a huge yard so I don't mass produce so what ever I do keep has to be game
    That's the only way to do it...I only got about 50 roosters cocks and stags combined but I know what I got like u said

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

There have been a bunch of excellent posts on this subject...& the one that hit the nail on the head is the "time" issue...I think that's what pisses me off more than the money...when I was in my 20s...I bought chicks from Charlie Carr...before you laugh, let me tell you that we are talking 1991...so, his rep was good back then...I had the video he put out & I wanted some of those Greys he had on the video...I believe he told me they were Richardson Greys...well, I told him I wanted the chicks to be yellow legged Greys (like the ones in the video)...well I got the chicks & they all had dark legs...called him up & said, I got the wrong ones...he said that was all that he had & that they were all the same...they grew into nice looking stags but at 1 year old they had zero interest in playing...I called him up & he told be to be patient because they were slow maturing...so, I put them into separate pens so that they would develop/mature. I then took them out again at 20 months...I guess they were still working on maturing because they STILL had zero interest in playing...I called Carr & left a message & never heard back...gave them another 6 months & a couple would play for a few seconds but then they decided they had better things to do...needless to say, anytime a person says the words "slow maturing" I remember those Greys (as well as some "slow maturing" Sid Taylor blood that I bought at the same time)...I almost gave up raising game fowl because of the wasted time & the shame of feeding junk fowl for almost 3 years...I just wish some of these peddlers knew how they are ruining the joy of having game fowl for the young cockers.
    Last edited by 100 to 70; March 21st, 2017 at 01:51 AM.

7. Thanks kywolf, mctrott thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is bad for the sport, people taking advantage of others just for the sake of a dollar. To knowingly make false claims ,to take ones money is really bad. Lastly , maybe the saddest part of this situation , Mr. Corey doesn"t even feel the need to responed , to address these many people he made false claims to about his birds and took good money for them. they say a rooster is an extention of their owner , Mr. Bob ??

9. Likes kywolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timtaboo View Post
    Haven't heard of a bad experience yet from his customers.thats saying something considering how demanding a lot of people are.he has the best looking orientals out there and you certainly won't get any culls.i have several birds from him,all are top notch.
    Have you had any problems with the pure ones or 1/2's?????

11. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

E=Quapaw Kid;4744752]I'm proud to have the chance to own one of Bob's Rampuri and he is a little firecracker

[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

UOTE=odalisay;4744803]Oh yeah Mr. Corey's Rampuri are no nonsense! Every bird I've acquired from Mr. Corey are everything that I've read and heard about. You can't go wrong.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Although I go by 100 to 70...if I saw a Corey bird hit the scales (when it was legal) & the other bird was not another Oriental...I would lay 100 to 50 against the Corey bird ALL DAY! Unless of course it was a track meet...because, those birds are faster than they look! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I think the pure Ram used for grades are winners and plenty game , some really game ... I've proven that this year starting at 7 mo old . I tested that pure cock harder than 99% of you on here have your American and he passed all tests with an A plus . But, I think if you start getting Ram , Black ASil , Tojo , Jap , other Jap and the fifty kinds of grades that came along after the original family ... and expect instant success and gameness , you got alot to learn.

I got a pure cock only to start , a proven sire .... I knew better than to build a yard on baby stags or anything but the best I could get and it worked for me . I also know like some of you that it's almost impossible to get both the cock and hen side of the authentic stuff unless you live local to a breeder and really get to know them ...

Most everyone knows that the only recipe for getting good fowl is local , see them go and get to know the breeder ... this takes YEARS ... and no good breeder is mailing his best to strangers no matter how much of a case of " love at first sight" you think you have with them.

I'm not defending or justiifying any dunghills or shady stuff because i don't have to ... but , I will repeat to the world wide web that reads all this stuff that the buyer is the one responsible for his own decisions .

I also tend to agree to some extent that steel game asil pure are probably too rare to hope to buy from the start , and even those I almost guarantee throw plenty of those capon acting ones that you better cull and not show ... just my thoughts.

16. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez, brownred30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a lot to learn uh...lol test them all you want at home, but load them up and travel about 7 1/2 hrs and you'll see, stress can do wonders. don't diss people for their experience cause you got no idea...lol If you happy that's fine, don't make judgement on others you have no ideal about....lol If they have no talent then it's not there, hell I doubt my Hughes are game in the true sense, but they don't go on the long haul and I don't let people have them, but at least they have talent.
    Last edited by Mike Everett; March 21st, 2017 at 04:41 AM.

18. Likes runner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al Sanchez View Post
    UOTE=odalisay;4744803]Oh yeah Mr. Corey's Rampuri are no nonsense! Every bird I've acquired from Mr. Corey are everything that I've read and heard about. You can't go wrong.
    [/QUOTE]

No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Everett View Post
    Got a lot to learn uh...lol test them all you want at home, but load them up and travel about 7 1/2 hrs and you'll see, stress can do wonders. don't diss people for their experience cause you got no idea...lol If you happy that's fine, don't make judgement on others you have no ideal about....lol If they have no talent then it's not there, hell I doubt my Hughes are game in the true sense, but they don't go on the long haul and I don't let people have them, but at least they have talent.
    Mine is a pure Rampuri , in looks and what he throws ... I couldn't speak for the others and said I woudn't even want to try anything else because I saw nothing to make me want them .. I wouldn't get your Hughes from you , or something else you just got .... your Claret seem to be our pride and joy , and I'd get an older cock or hen that you personally bred or eggs from them .. but not anything less , I done learned that if you walk past someone's brood pens to get a stag or brother to theirs ... you aren't getting their broodfowl ... just chickens , and just chickens don't win derbies or build farms.

If you think that is a bad method or advice then I'd like ot hear why ...
    Last edited by Quapaw Kid; March 21st, 2017 at 05:15 AM.

22. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Mine is a pure Rampuri , in looks and what he throws ... I couldn't speak for the others and said I woudn't even want to try anything else because I saw nothing to make me want them .. I wouldn't get your Hughes from you , or something else you just got .... your Claret seem to be our pride and joy , and I'd get an older cock or hen that you personally bred or eggs from them .. but not anything less , I done learned that if you walk past someone's brood pens to get a stag or brother to theirs ... you aren't getting their broodfowl ... just chickens , and just chickens don't win derbies or build farms.

If you think that is a bad method or advice then I'd like ot hear why ...
    You come off as someone that thinks he's just a little sharper than anyone else, I glad your don't want any of my fowl. That save me the trouble of telling you "NO"... I've never said my fowl are any good, just I like them..lol. So you went to Bob's and picked out of his brood pens? Or did he come in the mail, did you see offspring perform? Did you buy the hype or do you really know? You know what was in my broodpens yet you never set foot on my yard....not everybody is for sale, did you get Rat's brood cock?...lol...I knew a big breeder that filled his brood pens up with fowl he wanted to sale, before a buyer would show up..not to classy, but he was in it for the sales And AL you said you only read good about them, well lookup there are several post on here...lol
    Last edited by Mike Everett; March 21st, 2017 at 05:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I do think I'm sharper than most just like you do , or else why would you give advice for years on all aspects of gamefowl ? False modesty is worse than no modesty ... because it makes you a liar as well as cocky . Of course I believe the hype , who in the heck has ever gotten broodfowl if they didn't believe it or thought they had junk and wanted to raise junk ... what kind of question is that ?

Being mad is natural ... some of yall got junk and are mad , but as mad as knowing others got junk to ... it makes you madder that some got good ones ... that's just human nature , we are spiteful ... like the crabs in a bucket that won't let each other out .... sometimes your the crab at the bottom , sometimes you're the lucky crab that got out once in a while.

I have decided to just stick with breeding the cock though , for now ... I'm not using the hen . The cock is proven , but the risk of the hen being good just because I want her to be is too great ... I'll stick to making decisions based on reality like that and not desire.

Post Thanks / Like

I do think I'm sharper than most just like you do , or else why would you give advice for years on all aspects of gamefowl ? False modesty is worse than no modesty ... because it makes you a liar as well as cocky . Of course I believe the hype , who in the heck has ever gotten broodfowl if they didn't believe it or thought they had junk and wanted to raise junk ... what kind of question is that ?

Being mad is natural ... some of yall got junk and are mad , but as mad as knowing others got junk to ... it makes you madder that some got good ones ... that's just human nature , we are spiteful ... like the crabs in a bucket that won't let each other out .... sometimes your the crab at the bottom , sometimes you're the lucky crab that got out once in a while.

I have decided to just stick with breeding the cock though , for now ... I'm not using the hen . The cock is proven , but the risk of the hen being good just because I want her to be is too great ... I'll stick to making decisions based on reality like that and not desire.
    Not mad wouldn't had said a thing about it, figured I was the only one, I just wrung their neck...till your big mouth jumped in..lol Never called you any names, you lost it Kid....lol..Do you know you got his broodcock, did you go? My partner did and bought one out of his suppose ed broodpen..only time will tell and if you keep calling a person a liar you won't have that time...lol By the way your rate of posting is much greater than mine...lol
    Last edited by Mike Everett; March 21st, 2017 at 06:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ignore the "kid" he has been on here for 17 months & has 1,223 posts...that's about 2 & 1/2 posts a day!!! I think it's a cry for help!!! Just think about that number & add into that all the time he spends reading every post on here "before he replies" that is the saddest thing yet...hell, I will give you some advice kid...step away from the keyboard for a day or two...read a book or go outside & clean the birds cages or water & feed cups!!! You have to have something else you can do other than be logged in all day every day...

27. Likes sidro, vic5.0, Mike Everett, TopNotchfarms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What are yall gonna order next ? For a small fee , I will do some consultation for you and make sure yall are not going about it wrong ... but , if you still do things like go in person and know you shouldn't buy and still do ... my firm can't be held accountable.

Post Thanks / Like

What are yall gonna order next ? For a small fee , I will do some consultation for you and make sure yall are not going about it wrong ... but , if you still do things like go in person and know you shouldn't buy and still do ... my firm can't be held accountable.
    Kid you need to get laid.....lol
    Last edited by Mike Everett; March 21st, 2017 at 08:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's start a benefit auction to raise money to buy/rent him a friend...I'll chip in has long as it is not for him to get laid...God forbid he reproduces...one of him is all we can take!!!

31. Likes Mike Everett liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So what about BC's brown red blood. Talked to him several times, but was unable to get him to come off his Tombstones for any reasonable price. They are the only family he has that has my interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Everett View Post
    What did you cross them with? Why is it ok for you to post your experience but you get upset and tell kid he has a lot to learn when he post his experience? I have personally seen his win in a couple fly's and ahhhhhhh the crowd and I have personally seen two come back from 100-60 down (one maybe even 100-40) and get a W. I hate asils but don't want to meet one of them electric sob he has turned loose. Seen one go 6' in the air on the first fly, go over the other rooster, kick off the pit and come down on top of the other now dead bird??? Ability wasn't lacking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noshow View Post
    What did you cross them with? Why is it ok for you to post your experience but you get upset and tell kid he has a lot to learn when he post his experience? I have personally seen his win in a couple fly's and ahhhhhhh the crowd and I have personally seen two come back from 100-60 down (one maybe even 100-40) and get a W. I hate asils but don't want to meet one of them electric sob he has turned loose. Seen one go 6' in the air on the first fly, go over the other rooster, kick off the pit and come down on top of the other now dead bird??? Ability wasn't lacking
    Just a reply to his comment using his own words, he was lecturing others in an insulting manner in my opinion...just trying to remind him we all have a lot to learn. In my experience some birds will show one side of their self at home and another when away from home after a long haul..we all viewed the video of a test ok I can see that, but in truth I can't tell the condition of the birds, but they looked relatively healthy..do you not agree heath and stress is a factor...another video showed stags received from Bob's in poor condition. In answer to question what did I cross them with ..nothing, I judged them on their own merit...I can't judge his and never said anything about his, just reported on the ones I received. Are you now also going to call me a lair, were you hiding in the bushes to see what I saw? The pullet developed a tumor the size of a golf ball on her head, the cock couldn't whip his mother in my opinion..I expressed my opinion he then personally called me a liar when I was modest about my own, ok that his opinion, but not based in fact..the Kid my be the greatest cocker to come down the pike, but somewhere, sometime, someone may take offence to be called a liar and be in the position to remedy that face to face and not behind a keyboard...not a threat just advice...lol.
    Last edited by Mike Everett; March 22nd, 2017 at 04:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike , you and Mongoose can get drunk and turn this forum into your death threat and vulgar playground all you want ... nothing ever comes from it and the only person you scare is yourself . Any person that write books , sells fowl , gives advice on the internet can be honest and wanting the help .. but you can't also be modest and get on here in front of the whole world and talk roosters and the kind of smack you talk to plenty of guys ... if you don't like the term liar , then I'll just be easy on you and call it false modesty ... you can infer all you want and talk tough to the whole world some more ...

But , the point is ... I ws talking about the pure Rampuri which you didn't get and you skipped that part because you want more to be mad than be right ... you admitted your friend didn't like what he saw and still bought them ... and you still bred them knowing your gut wasn't right with it ... a man that won't listen to his own gut and experience , is not a man that still has more than juts alot to learn .. but , re-learn as well ... because that's basic.

Yall think you will have more luck making the world honest , or becoming smarter about your investments ? I won't attempt the first .. but will help with the latter .

Nobody has more than one or two winning families .. don't buy guy's third string breeds ... don't breed stuff til' you try them , don't matter how long you been at this or who you are ... you can't get around the basics .

I'm not even talking about Mike or Bob or anyone ... I don't care about yall ,get over it .. I'm talking about it being 2017 and folks still repeating mistakes from cave man times and then blaming others for their own problems.

100-70 talked his buddy into getting some from Bob and he hadn't even shown any ... well , your word means as little as any peddler then ... only worse , because a peddler gets money for his lies and you just do it to be yapping over a new , shiny toy ....

Post Thanks / Like

Mike , you and Mongoose can get drunk and turn this forum into your death threat and vulgar playground all you want ... nothing ever comes from it and the only person you scare is yourself . Any person that write books , sells fowl , gives advice on the internet can be honest and wanting the help .. but you can't also be modest and get on here in front of the whole world and talk roosters and the kind of smack you talk to plenty of guys ... if you don't like the term liar , then I'll just be easy on you and call it false modesty ... you can infer all you want and talk tough to the whole world some more ...

But , the point is ... I ws talking about the pure Rampuri which you didn't get and you skipped that part because you want more to be mad than be right ... you admitted your friend didn't like what he saw and still bought them ... and you still bred them knowing your gut wasn't right with it ... a man that won't listen to his own gut and experience , is not a man that still has more than juts alot to learn .. but , re-learn as well ... because that's basic.

Yall think you will have more luck making the world honest , or becoming smarter about your investments ? I won't attempt the first .. but will help with the latter .

Nobody has more than one or two winning families .. don't buy guy's third string breeds ... don't breed stuff til' you try them , don't matter how long you been at this or who you are ... you can't get around the basics .

I'm not even talking about Mike or Bob or anyone ... I don't care about yall ,get over it .. I'm talking about it being 2017 and folks still repeating mistakes from cave man times and then blaming others for their own problems.

100-70 talked his buddy into getting some from Bob and he hadn't even shown any ... well , your word means as little as any peddler then ... only worse , because a peddler gets money for his lies and you just do it to be yapping over a new , shiny toy ....
    I've kept my post to you civil, I was talking about my friend's opinion of Bob's yard. I personally made no decision to buy or not too, as I said they wre a gift.I have a extreme dislike for Mongoose, he mocked my father's death...do I get carried away at time yes..you are making claims that are liable about drinking that are unfounded. Attack me all you want..you the big man..lol My name is Mike Everett what is your?
    Last edited by Mike Everett; March 22nd, 2017 at 05:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm too modest to think the world cares about my name or how tough I am ... your opinion of me is also none of my business along with anything you type or say ... it has nothing to do with me , it's only a reflection of what is in your heart.

Stick with the pure Rampuri that look like pure Rampuri ... grade them to the kind of families guys with experience tell you to and you will have fun with them ... if you breed stuff you don't like and don't listen to what folks with experience tell you , then you will not have fun .

Please don't kill me over it , my familiy has four funerals this Saturday already and I don't think a gofundme page for me would help them enough to do anything but toss me off a bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm too modest to think the world cares about my name or how tough I am ... your opinion of me is also none of my business along with anything you type or say ... it has nothing to do with me , it's only a reflection of what is in your heart.

Stick with the pure Rampuri that look like pure Rampuri ... grade them to the kind of families guys with experience tell you to and you will have fun with them ... if you breed stuff you don't like and don't listen to what folks with experience tell you , then you will not have fun .

Please don't kill me over it , my familiy has four funerals this Saturday already and I don't think a gofundme page for me would help them enough to do anything but toss me off a bridge
    Sorry for your loss, but what does that have to do with a Gofund or mocking my father?...your the one with the negativity maybe your the one that needs a little soul searching..but anyway that not up to me ...I won't reply anymore...but a man would give his name after insulting someone.
    Last edited by Mike Everett; March 22nd, 2017 at 05:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not negative at all .. I'm positive . I'm positive you have made several death threats on the world wide web because someone has somehow hurt your feelings and then you talk about liable because I'm - positive- sober grown men don't stay all night turning a forum into their own playground to talk like you do .

I'm positive if you breed fowl you don't like you are not learning but re-learning something you already know and I'm also positive all other advice from you is suspect .

I'm positive you didn't get the pure Rampuri ... I'm also positive that Orientals aren't for everyone and everyone that gets them knowing they are fickle and their chance of success right off is told this and still does it all wrong and then cries about their own mistakes like dunghills .

I just don't know how you could find a guy more positive than me ... Mike , did you ever do any of that stuff to Mongoose you said you were gonna do ? I'm positive you didn't ... dang , I'm on a roll of positivity today.

40. Thanks Mike Everett thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't defend dunghills or dishonesty ... but few cockers ever win much , even fewer that post here win than the average . Jerry F got some Asil and made grades and won with them ... ability and at least pit game . That is the purpose of Orientals , the fact that 110% of even Oriental guys don't show them pure tells all of us deep down in our gut they aren't cut out for steel ... if you have some that are steel game pure , it's a bonus .. but it's not why you get Orientals . YOu get WT Greene Blueface or Grey for that .

Once you see them run , of course you gotta get rid of them ... but not because you got them for gameness or didn't understand there was already a 99% chance it would happen .

It's 2017 ... time to get past some of that basic stuff and tap into all the information and experience that we have available to get us further than beginners did in the past.

42. Thanks Mike Everett thanked for this post
    Likes DenDog, longheel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't defend dunghills or dishonesty ... but few cockers ever win much , even fewer that post here win than the average . Jerry F got some Asil and made grades and won with them ... ability and at least pit game . That is the purpose of Orientals , the fact that 110% of even Oriental guys don't show them pure tells all of us deep down in our gut they aren't cut out for steel ... if you have some that are steel game pure , it's a bonus .. but it's not why you get Orientals . YOu get WT Greene Blueface or Grey for that .

Once you see them run , of course you gotta get rid of them ... but not because you got them for gameness or didn't understand there was already a 99% chance it would happen .

It's 2017 ... time to get past some of that basic stuff and tap into all the information and experience that we have available to get us further than beginners did in the past.
    Well said..............................