Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: farm bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: farm bill

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch-Mac View Post
    file injunction if possible...then a class lawsuit? Im asking I don't know. Do we have any high powered attorneys that own gamefowl? I am raising them till the Lord calls me to the chicken yard in the sky!
    We don't need attorneys or lobbyists, we need each other. We have to organize and unite under one roof. We have been fragmented for too long. We have to go to our state legislature and become fundamentally protected by a state. If you want to start to help, go to American Gamefowl Defense Network on facebook.

2. Likes VoodooChild67 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When is the senate voting on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    When is the senate voting on this?
    Dunno. Probably soon.....

Post Thanks / Like

If you check out this link you'll see all the cosponsors of this bill and there were a lot of them including from states we would hop wouldn't be a part of this. Hawaii had both house reps as cosponsors and I noticed AL, GA and KY all had reps cosponsor this bill as well.

http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th/...366/cosponsors

Post Thanks / Like

A friend just hit me up on FB with a really good suggestion. Instead of trying to get the reps to oppose this bill for the sake of cockfighting we should oppose it (especially in the Senate) on the grounds of the Food Stamp program cuts. The Senate wanted less cuts but the House wanted way more so it's better to play to the Senate on the FOod Stamp Program cuts instead of the animal fighting spectator portion since that will most likely not change anyones mind. Tel them to oppose the bill because of the Food Stamp Program cuts and tell them Americans need the help now more than ever, very simple and it makes a lot of sense.

Here is a link to help find your Senators number http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

And for you Hawaii guys here is our senators numbers:

Mazie Hirono - (202) 224-6361

Brian Schatz - (202) 224-3934

And Kentucky guys here is yours (sorry no names as I was given the numbers by a friend):

Rand Paul 202-224-4343

Mitch McConnell 202-224-2541
    Last edited by Keoni; January 31st, 2014 at 05:29 AM. Reason: added link and numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keoni View Post
    A friend just hit me up on FB with a really good suggestion. Instead of trying to get the reps to oppose this bill for the sake of cockfighting we should oppose it (especially in the Senate) on the grounds of the Food Stamp program cuts. The Senate wanted less cuts but the House wanted way more so it's better to play to the Senate on the FOod Stamp Program cuts instead of the animal fighting spectator portion since that will most likely not change anyones mind. Tel them to oppose the bill because of the Food Stamp Program cuts and tell them Americans need the help now more than ever, very simple and it makes a lot of sense.
    I agee...…...............

Post Thanks / Like

okay just got a call from the Alabama game fowl breeders call your state senators and oppose H.R.2642 it is the reduction in food stamps. by opposing it it will kill the farm bill and by doing so will kill the spectator bill.this looks like our only option .call and ask to vote no to the farm bill and no to HR 2642

9. Thanks Keoni thanked for this post
    Likes VoodooChild67, red1, Keoni liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The below link provided can give you an overall understanding of the Farm Bill and where it stands as far as now. Good luck understanding all the bs laws they threw in there.

When you call your Senators,reference Section:

Miscellaneous:
    Sec. 12311. Prohibition on attending an animal fighting venture or causing a minor to attend an animal fighting venture.

Section 26(a)(1) of the Animal Welfare Act (7 U.S.C. 2156(a)(1)) is amended by striking the period and inserting or to knowingly attend or knowingly cause a minor to attend an animal fighting venture..

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2642

Post Thanks / Like

The section as stipulated in the Bill:

(19) Animal fighting venture

The House bill amends Section 26(a)(1) of the Animal Welfare Act to prohibit knowingly attending an animal fighting venture or causing a minor to attend an animal fighting venture. Penalties are covered by existing authorities in 18 U.S.C. 49. (Section 12311)
    The Senate amendment is the same as the House. It confirms that penalties for violations are prescribed and enforced. The amendment sets the penalty for each violation for attending an animal fighting venture. It also sets the penalty for causing a minor to attend an animal fighting venture. (Section 12209)
    The Conference substitute adopts the Senate provision with an amendment. The amendment changes the age of a minor from a person under the age of 18 years old to a person under the age of 16 years old. (Section 12308)
    The Conference substitute amends the Animal Welfare Act by providing `that a dealer or exhibitor shall not be required to obtain a license as a dealer or exhibitor under this Act if the size of business is determined by the Secretary to be de minimus.' By limiting the scope of dealers and exhibitors who are required to obtain a license, the conference substitute allows the Secretary of Agriculture to focus the U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service's limited budget and inspection and enforcement staff on entities that pose the greatest risks to animal welfare and public safety. USDA has found that no license is required for small-scale breeders of certain animals (i.e., those that maintain four or fewer breeding cats and dogs and who sell only the offspring of those animals which were born and raised on the premises for pets or exhibition) and the Conference substitute codifies this exemption, allowing USDA to determine that animal breeders who raise animals on their own premises need not obtain a license if the number of animals they breed or sell, or the gross annual dollar amounts earned from such activities, are so minor as to merit disregard. The Managers continue to recognize the importance of ensuring that all animals bred, transported, and sold in (or substantially affecting) interstate commerce are humanely treated. The Conference substitute also allows USDA to determine that certain exhibition businesses are de minimus. An exhibitor's business must not be considered de minimus merely because the facility operates as a non-profit corporation, nor is the exhibition of a small number of dangerous animals (including, but not limited to, big cats, bears, wolves, nonhuman primates, or elephants) de minimus.
    The Managers expect APHIS to complete this rulemaking expeditiously and would suggest a timeframe not to exceed one year from the date of enactment in order that the agency begin receiving the benefit the policy provides related to resource allocation. Furthermore, by freeing up resources and more effectively focusing its regulatory program, the Managers observe that this policy eliminates a direct obstacle to lifting the stay on the agency's contingency rule and issuance of the proposed rule to regulate bird dealers and exhibitors, and expect action to be taken on these rules without delay.
    The Animal Welfare Act (AWA or the Act, 7 U.S.C. 2131 et seq.) seeks to ensure the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of certain animals that are sold at wholesale and retail for use in research facilities, for exhibition purposes, or for use as pets by means of federal licensing and inspection. A revised definition of retail pet store included in the Final Rule published by USDA on September 10, 2013, and effective November 18, 2013, restored and amended the exemption in Sec. 2.1(a)(3)(vii) so that any person including, but not limited to, purebred dog or cat fanciers, who maintains a total of four or fewer breeding female dogs, cats, and/or small exotic or wild mammals, and who sells, at retail, only the offspring of these dogs, cats, and/or small exotic or wild mammals, which were born and raised on his or her premises, for pets or exhibition, and is not otherwise required to obtain a license, is also considered a retail pet store for regulatory purposes. The Managers are aware of confusion among the regulated industry and request clarification of two principles pertaining to the sale of pets: (1) Current regulatory language uses the term `breeding female' which does not appear in statute and thus lacks statutory direction. The Managers urge APHIS to clarify that only those female animals capable of reproduction and actively being used in a breeding program qualify as breeding females. (2) The Managers also recommend clarifying that USDA oversight of such sales pertains to those transactions in interstate commerce as provided for under the Commerce Clause (U.S. Const. amend. I, Sec. 8.)] [and as referenced in 2132(c) of the Animal Welfare Act and regulated under authority of the United States Department of Agriculture]. "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    The below link provided can give you an overall understanding of the Farm Bill and where it stands as far as now. Good luck understanding all the bs laws they threw in there.

When you call your Senators,reference Section:

Miscellaneous:
    Sec. 12311. Prohibition on attending an animal fighting venture or causing a minor to attend an animal fighting venture.

Section 26(a)(1) of the Animal Welfare Act (7 U.S.C. 2156(a)(1)) is amended by striking the period and inserting or to knowingly attend or knowingly cause a minor to attend an animal fighting venture..

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2642
    Taking this section out or fighting to oppose it is a tough sell, good luck convincing anyone to oppose something to stop animal fighting. As mentioned above it'll be an easier sell to get the senators to oppose the bill by doing something more socially acceptable.

13. Likes VoodooChild67, cutrite, LoneWolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When you call them (your U.S. Senators / everybody has 2 of them) tell them you oppose the cuts to "food stamps". That is the controversial part of the "Farm Bill" and our only chance to stop it at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

The senates have scheduled a hearing to day, and final vote will be at 5:30. If at least 60 senators agree to end the debate, the bill will then move on to a final vote.....we need to be calling and opposing the food stamp part of this H.R 2642.... it has the bill attached to it we need to kill this is the feature of gamefowl in the states we need to be calling.
    And keep bumping all the post about the farm bill at the top so every one sees it.

Post Thanks / Like

I made calls to both of the offices of my senators here in Hawaii this morning. please do your part everyone!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I called both of mine friday

Post Thanks / Like

Neither of our Senator's office ask me or my wife our name or address, so all they appear to be doing is keeping score (vote yes or vote no totals). If they didn't make you identify yourself keep calling back I'd say. We need more vote "NO" calls, so when they check in before they vote (and they will check in with their offices) it seems like most of the folks concerned enough to calll want them to vote "NO". Keep calling guys and gals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DPotter View Post
    Neither of our Senator's office ask me or my wife our name or address, so all they appear to be doing is keeping score (vote yes or vote no totals). If they didn't make you identify yourself keep calling back I'd say. We need more vote "NO" calls, so when they check in before they vote (and they will check in with their offices) it seems like most of the folks concerned enough to calll want them to vote "NO". Keep calling guys and gals.
    They asked me for my Zip code.Bill Nelsons office asked me why I opposed the bill.I checked Senator Nelsons web page and it seems he fully supports the bill.I will surely remember that when he runs for re-election.Hopefully one of our senators will vote our way here in Fla.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had a damn phone lol (it's broken at the moment). Does anyone know the Senate bill number for the food stamp section of the FARM bill?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keoni View Post
    Taking this section out or fighting to oppose it is a tough sell, good luck convincing anyone to oppose something to stop animal fighting. As mentioned above it'll be an easier sell to get the senators to oppose the bill by doing something more socially acceptable.
    This is true !!!!! BUT !!!!... for the longest time the state of Missouri was illegal and they got it changed and made it legal again. it lasted for awhile before they made it illegal back again a few years before Ok went down . NO it dont look good but also alot of the GAME older men that got this all accomplished back when ...for the most part are dead and gone. i know one guy for a fact that is dead now but was a millionaire at the time and i know he made a big impact on it getting legalized again and went head to head with them at the state capitol... along with many others i dont know or rem the names of - it just wasnt this one guy, it took an army and alot of $$$$.

22. Likes jnday liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbait View Post
    This is true !!!!! BUT !!!!... for the longest time the state of Missouri was illegal and they got it changed and made it legal again. it lasted for awhile before they made it illegal back again a few years before Ok went down . NO it dont look good but also alot of the GAME older men that got this all accomplished back when ...for the most part are dead and gone. i know one guy for a fact that is dead now but was a millionaire at the time and i know he made a big impact on it getting legalized again and went head to head with them at the state capitol... along with many others i dont know or rem the names of - it just wasnt this one guy, it took an army and alot of $$$$.
    Now isn't the time to try to legalize it but to stop (in short notice) a bill that would make it tough for any state to legalize it afterwards. Go the socially acceptable route first then work on changing the laws to legalize it. Money and bodies is key to politics (unfortunately).

24. Likes Rcrawford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

69 yes and 22 no..............

Post Thanks / Like

71 yes 22 no -to limit the debate on the farm bill

Post Thanks / Like

All they needed were 60 right?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Motion passes to vote on the Bill tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what time they vote?

Post Thanks / Like

I am sick. Our Gamefowl Heritage is about to go away forever. The animal rights groups next stop......Rodeo. Good by American Cowboys. After that Good by Hunters. LIKE THEY SAY......ONLY IN AMERICA !!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BARNTHUG View Post
    I am sick. Our Gamefowl Heritage is about to go away forever. The animal rights groups next stop......Rodeo. Good by American Cowboys. After that Good by Hunters. LIKE THEY SAY......ONLY IN AMERICA !!!!!!!
    Your right,enough is never enough for these animals. Im tellin ya someday WE THE PEOPLE will make a stand. It wont be pretty......On the farm bill----Im really not surprised its going to go thru. Obama is a pro when it comes to sticking a knife in his own peoples back that helped vote him in,like a lot of the Hispanic community and now the welfare people are gonna get a cut to. I wonder how they like him now.....SUCKERS. I'm glad I never voted for that sissie...He ought to be impeacehed for flat out lying to the country he serves. Old America wouldn't have it........ YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

We need a good constitutional lawyer to have this law removed. This law is removing state laws from having their own animal laws. Feds had a foot to stand on with transportation law. This law is unconstitutional not only to the people but also with the state goverment.

33. Likes FIRE-RITE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When did they start caring about the Constitution?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching it on tv now... C-span2 Channel, every senator that has spoken so far has said they are voting no for the farm bill I don't know how it works if only the ones that are voting no get to Speak but I'm crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't pass

Post Thanks / Like

I think the vote is tomorrow so get up and start calling your 2 U.S. Senators in Washington D.C. first thing.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! PLEASE ! ! ! ! !