Thread: Colorado Senator response about the Farm Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Colorado Senator response about the Farm Bill

Dear Chris:
    Thank you for contacting me regarding the Farm Bill, H.R. 2462. I appreciate hearing from you on this important topic.
    Agriculture is at the heart of Colorado's history and cultural fabric. It also continues to be one of our most significant economic drivers. At a time when many sectors are struggling to find growth, Colorado farmers and ranchers are more productive than ever, finding innovative ways to harness growing consumer demand for agricultural products both at home and in overseas markets.
    Advancing a five-year Farm Bill should be one of Washington's top priorities because it will inject certainty throughout the food supply chain-from banking, to transportation, to retail-and help farmers and ranchers still reeling from ongoing drought conditions.
    That's why I held over two dozen listening sessions across Colorado to help me write a policy that reflects the current and future needs of farmers, ranchers and consumers. H.R. 2462 cuts red tape by consolidating and streamlining dozens of programs to get better results with fewer taxpayers' dollars, ultimately reducing the deficit by billions of dollars. Among other provisions, it includes a one year extension in Payment in Lieu Taxes (PILT) funding; an end to direct payments; strengthened crop insurance program; enhanced access to food benefits; renewed focus on promoting healthy forests; disaster assistance for livestock producers; new support for agricultural research funding; tools to support organic agricultural production and; more resources to monitor animal health.
    As a member of the committee responsible for reconciling the Senate and House versions of the Farm Bill I am glad to report that Congress was able to bring a full, five-year, reform-oriented farm policy to the President's desk.
    I gave a floor speech regarding the final passage of H.R 2642, I've provided a link should you want to view it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvhU...ature=youtu.be.

I value the input of fellow Coloradans in considering the wide variety of important issues and legislative initiatives that come before the Senate. I hope you will continue to inform me of your thoughts and concerns.
    For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, I invite you to visit my website at http://bennet.senate.gov/. Again, thank you for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Michael F. Bennet
    United States Senator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Colorado Senator response about the Farm Bill

Never gave us a breathe of thought

3. Thanks Ttate thanked for this post
    Likes Dase520 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a form letter. Probably had a staff writer put it together and anytime they have some one email anything about farm bill, they just insert your name and send it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Id like to share what i got a few days ago aswell.

Dear Jesus,

Thanks for writing to me about HR 366, the Animal Fighting Spectator Prohibition Act. I am always glad when people from home participate in the process by sending me their thoughts and concerns. That is how our system is supposed to work.

In addition to being filed as a bill, language from HR 366 has also been offered as amendments to other legislation. For example, in the Agriculture Committee, I supported an amendment that would make it illegal to attend and/or take a minor to an animal fight.

Throughout my time in the Texas Legislature, I supported legislation similar to HR 366 on the state level. I see no reason to change my voting record. I intend to continue giving our law enforcement officers the tools they need to help curb the crime of animal fighting and the ancillary issues, such as illegal gambling, that go along with it.

Again, I am honored that you thought to contact me. I very much appreciate it. Please feel free to contact my office to inquire about the legislation as it moves forward. And, if there is anything else we can do, let me know. My door is always open.

Sincerely,

Pete P. Gallego
    Member of Congress

Post Thanks / Like

Well there's two mfrs that won't be on my Christmas list. I'd say its in the interest of both states to start polling your representatives on voting records and reall back the guy in order to get anything accomplished.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you really expect? Them to say yeah I was bummed about the animal fighting spectator bill that went through? Give me a break. There politicians. They are not going to go with a unpopular deal. They know that there are not enough folks to put a dent in his election process. The only chance is if you could get all the hunters, trappers, houndsman,fisherman and folks that just sit on the fence and dont care about it to unite. That isint going to happen. When Missouri went down it was the dog people not game dog folks that sold us down the river.

8. Thanks Ttate thanked for this post
    Likes cutrite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Put Johnny Isackson and Saxby Chambliss from GA on the "don't vote for" list, as they sent me the same form letter stating they both were happy to support the farm bill and everything in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we are the minority without the bankroll of the tree huggers. Like SouthernX said, they are not going to align with us unless we make them enemy number one and get them voted out of office. This is an uphill fight that is going to take alot of blood, sweat, and tears to overcome.

Post Thanks / Like

If we are starting a "Don't vote for list" don't forget Bill Nelson of Florida.That POS voted for the farm bill.

Post Thanks / Like

Most all voted for the farm bill, If they didnt it wasnt because of the animal fighting clause. You need to be able to buy them or be able to have enough fear of getting voted out. That dumb ass Vick screwed any chance of that years ago. Then became a f-cking poster child for the ****. Im telling you the only way around it is to find a loophole. Like indian ground or something like that. Then theres still the last law that got through on the last farm bill. Transporting across state lines for the purpose of. The sporstman of this country need to all get together but I dont see that happening. Because alone a few hundred thousand cock fighters aint gonna do nothing especialy with there vote spread out in 50 states. Theres no fear factor for the politicions. If theres that many.JMHO.

13. Thanks BARNTHUG thanked for this post
    Likes GP13, jnday liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SouthernX, have you heard of the AGDN (American Game Defense Network)? These folks are working hard to do what you and I and many others were thinking. Banding together to form a group and having a "Voice" to speak for our rights. Use the search on this site, you'll find them.

15. Thanks BamaOkie thanked for this post
    Likes BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

it just goes to show what ive always known all polititions are crooked some just more so than others

Post Thanks / Like

This is true Voodoo Child. Double_D and the rest of the group are doing what they can to try and save and possibly get back a little that's been taken. The UGBA is working toward that goal as well. I know many others and myself included are part of that joint effort. For those that aren't I hope you can appreciate what we are trying to do. If you feel were just wasting time I wouldn't even bother posting. There's obviously nothing productive or of interest in a thread of this nature if you can't learn to see through the clouds. Making people aware of our cause is the only thing that will save us. Personally, I'd rewrite the Colorado letter using a different topic..one that IS NOT part of the dropdown menu or better yet..call. Disregard Sourherns comments. Keep on writing. If one won't listen then write another. Get a small group together and schedule an appointment. There are many ways to skin a cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackhand1 View Post
    This is true Voodoo Child. Double_D and the rest of the group are doing what they can to try and save and possibly get back a little that's been taken. The UGBA is working toward that goal as well. I know many others and myself included are part of that joint effort. For those that aren't I hope you can appreciate what we are trying to do. If you feel were just wasting time I wouldn't even bother posting. There's obviously nothing productive or of interest in a thread of this nature if you can't learn to see through the clouds. Making people aware of our cause is the only thing that will save us. Personally, I'd rewrite the Colorado letter using a different topic..one that IS NOT part of the dropdown menu or better yet..call. Disregard Sourherns comments. Keep on writing. If one won't listen then write another. Get a small group together and schedule an appointment. There are many ways to skin a cat.
    You can disregard my comments all you like. I not saying anyone is wrong for writing congressman or senators or trying all you can I feel it is a gallant effort. Ive been behind that horse before on many issues one being keeping Missouri legal back in the 90's. What Im saying is just the cockers alone are not going to be able to pull it off. Its going to take hunters, fisherman ,trappers, hounds man, rodeo folks etc to ban together. Because there just aint enough of just cockers to make a hill of beans in any politicians garden. As far as the UGBA you show me anyone in there top end that will go out and say the UGBA is for cockfighting and I will kiss your as- on the court house steps and give you 4 hours to draw a crowd. Im not saying what your doing is wrong or wothless Im just saying these forums are filled with lots of false information that folks take to the bank. Ive been with gamefowl for damn near 50 years. I showed from copperstate to the Dunlap pit. But I bet 80% of the places have been in a illegal state. Were talking in the 1960's even. So whats so different today?

19. Thanks GP13 thanked for this post
    Likes GP13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no difference at this point. That's what were working towards. Understand that sinicism affects others attitudes and if someone believes there is no point in fighting then they won't. It doesn't matter what happened in the the 60's or the 90's the country is everchanging and we have to as well. I'm aware most people don't have a high opinion of their state gba's I've heard the horror stories. My friend is a lot different than many that you've had to deal with. Just like many that are involved are lot different than what you've experienced. If you've been involved with gamefowl for 50+ years then you've been lucky enough to participate in a lot of places that maybe weren't as illegal as they are today. I know for the majority of that time you didn't have to contend with the possibility of animal cruelty charges and having your birds taken from you. That's the reality of today. That's what has to be stopped. Sitting at home and saying what did you expect doesn't help my friend. As I said in another thread when I write someone I DON'T expect form letters, if that's what I get I more than promise you that Ill send the same thing till I get a real answer. That's just me. It takes no more time or effort to be constructive and say write someone else till they listen than well what did you expect. We all know we live in a modern day fascist government country but we don't need reminders. Peace out.

21. Thanks VoodooChild67 thanked for this post
    Likes VoodooChild67 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

we need to vote these guys out of office. Any Senator. congressman that support h**S
    Last edited by ghostrider544; April 15th, 2016 at 06:19 AM.