Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sammy ramsey grey,asking for authenticity

buhawi

sammy ramsey grey,asking for authenticity

for all who have experince in breeding sammy ramsey grey,i would like to know how a sammy ramsey grey pullet or hen looks like.reason is for me to verify the authenticity when i buy one.

is this grey pullet in the picture looks like sammy ramsey grey?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Ramsey

Buhawi,
    That sure looks an authentic SPECKLED Grey hen.
    The image you posted is somewhat underexposed.
    Here is a picture of a Ramsey broodpen that I snapped in 2003.
    Their Greys came from the Benett line and their Reds came from Richard Bates line. Some Greys come out speckled...these speckled ones are MORE desirable.
    N.B. The Ramseys do not show in the LK (slasher).
    Selling price is reasonable.
    In the attached picture, notice that Sammy puts a combination of Red and Grey hen mated to a SINGLE grey broodrooster.

buhawi

man,i missed the big chance!

i was offered by someone for $50.-for a sammy rammsey speckled grey broodpullet.i thought it was a joke from someone unknown from tennessee offering such fowl of high caliber for a cheap price.i didn`t believe the man.sayang pre.nagdadalawang isip ako.i saw your picture and compared it.from head to body they were similar.but in your picture the color of feet was missing.i`ve lost the email addy of the man.whewwwwwwwww,sayang pre.

Post Thanks / Like

Ramsey

They are advertised at G & Steel.
    Like I said, they are affordable.
    Here is a Ramsey speckled Grey, the male variety.

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy Ramsey Grey

Hi Doc!

Sammy's Greys have proven themselves in the gaff. What about the LK how are they with the knife? Do you happen do be breeding this type of Grey? Was just wondering as I am as well interested in getting a trio from them but don't know enough to decide yet.

Good luck with the Red Sox!

Regards,

Dom

Post Thanks / Like
    ditto

Would very much appreciate inputs on Sam Ramsey's greys being fought in LK. Is there anyone who has done this???

Post Thanks / Like
    We raised a few Sammy greys this season. They are still cockerels though The broodcock was cross with Kelso pullets. Don't have any ideas on the fighting characteristic as of the moment but we will soon find out. Sure hope they maintain the quality and gameness.

jadit56

Sammy Ramsey

Malalim,

Maybe you can ask our CF Ktrix, he had some comments about Ramsey's Grey in the gallery of Pinoymix50...

yfis

Post Thanks / Like
    SAMMY RAMSEY GRAY. ORIGINATED FROM REGULAR OF BILLY RUBLES.. I HEARD THEY GET THAT FROM BILL BAUMGARDER OF NORTH CAROLINA.. THOSE REGULAR GRAY CAME FROM BERT CATALAN OF MARION VA. THRU DR. FERNANDO (PARTNERT OF BERT CATALAN) WHO DOCTOR BILLY WHO GOT SICK IN OKLAHOMA DURING THE DERBY 20 YRS AGO, THEN BILLY GIVE THEM 5 SET OF TRIO'S ONE OF THE BLOOD LINE WAS REGULAR GRAY POWER COCK 'CAUSE BERT AND BILL WERE BEST FRIEND IN DELRIO AND BILL HAVE THIS LINE LONG TIME AGO. WHEN MAMIE LACSON OF NEGROS DAYS, THIS REGULAR GRAY MAKE HIM FAMOUS AND HE GOT THIS FROM BILL BAUMGARDNER ALSO MAKE FAMOUS WAS DR. JOEY BEDIA REGULAR GRAY, ACQUIRED THIS BLOOD LINE FROM MAMIE LACSON.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sammy Ramsey's Greys are from Bob Bennett of Sparta Tn as Malden shred with us. Aren't Mamie Lacson's from Harold Brown? As far as I know Circle L Greys are the old E.W Law Greys from Red Fox.

steben_cgal
    you can ask Go_Lakers too! i saw it in his website he got a sammy ramsey greys.... he even blend it with his sweaters....

3BCA
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tested this Ramsey red cross to Ulutan in RL During during our kitakits made a fastest kill against Jolo's blue rooster and our derby pure Ramsey grey against Gov. Typoco won but died later after the fight the intestine was cutting into pieces it was on the soil but never be quit deadgame they're right from Bob Bennett greys it is peacombed and green -legged. i got direct to Michael ramsey son of Sammy one is speckled grey and one is regular grey. one was died after 2 yrs dahil napeste. $200 each cock

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

Jason (Tusik), Pre would be interested to find out how that blend will do?...keep me posted...

Ktrix, Is that pure, as in the original imported one that you fought? Or an island born?

Jiks, Nagtanong na ko kay Go_Lakers, mga June-July pa daw pwede i-spar...

3BCA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malalim,

It was the son of Original imptd against her daughter so it was our own breeding came from Sammy Ramsey grey and we also cross to our Karen Carr Democrat when we say island born if i brought eggs from states and i hatched to the Philippines that's what we called island born my I.B breeds from J.W Lowry,Ray boles , Bruce Barnett these breeders i ordered eggs before a few them(eggs) hatched about 40% my recent order from BBarnett last yr none were hatched sayang yong $100-1 dozen. It was beginning of winter time in Al .It was my fault pinilit ko pa si Bruce sabi nya more than a week old ,and not so many eggs just a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sammy told us that his greys are from B. Bennett. He crosses them to Mclean and Blueface hatch for Gaff.

Roy(Malalim), malalaman ko pa style ng mga crosses around July/Aug. I'll keeep you posted.

Ktrix, good luck sa palabas mo sana nagpapanalo..

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy Ramsey Greys

My two cents,

The original Grey cock that the Ramseys' started with was a half Bob Bennett Regular grey and half Ohatchee McLean that Scott Baird fed and handled. This grey battlefowl fought and won exceptionally well and game to the end. Sammy asked if he could acquire this cock which Scott let go after getting the go signal from Bob. Sammy then bred this cock to his speckled Blueface which is a family of Bill Baumgardner's. He also bred this cock to his McLeans. The grey dominant gene contributed to the color but these birds are already heavy on the Hatch blood. Please consider that the Ramsey's are not winning exclusively with thie greys. They also won countless fights with their reds. If we consider the rule of thumb, the greatest contributing factor for Sammy's success is from his Hatch family even though I consider the grey as something exceptional in molding this nick.

Spang

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy Ramsey Grey

Spangle,

appreciate your sharing of these facts. Yup your right we see that the fowl 's color is Grey but in effect it comes out 3/4 Hatch. If this is the case then I would just look for their Hatch lines. However what are Ramsey's Reds? Are they green-legged freaks? I'm a big Hatch man and finding out that heavy Hatches still can whack them Sweaters really gets me pumped!

Post Thanks / Like

Ramsey's

Oakgrove,

You can call them whatever you want to call them reds. I'm just trying to share what I learned from Scott and Bob themselves. Anyhow, Sweaters and Hatches can't dance together, they are just too good with different shows.

Peace my friend!!

Spang

Post Thanks / Like
    Spang,

thought they fight in Mexican Knife as well. I've monitored scores and results from Sunset (thru cocking magazines) and I've read them fighting in the short-knife shows. Anyhow thanks for the two cents with the Greys. Just the same I know Ohatchee's had done well in the long-knife once upon a time - World Slasher champ with Biboy Enriquez I believe. I guess any good Grey would cross well with an excellent Blueface or McLean. Just wanted to find an equation to put Greys and Hatches together to match the Sweaters in the LK back home.

Thanks! Pardon the language I tend to get too excited at times.

Best,

Oak man

Post Thanks / Like

Ramsey

Oakman,

Well you can check the pit reports again and it will tell you that they don't show in the SK as good they are in the heels. There Hatch blends are tough in the short heel.

Sweaters can be deadly in the SK when blended with power birds. They, however don't need to be infused with a power blend if you fight the LK here here in the States. Their pits are just too small it requires a hell lot of breaking ability to win easy.

Fighting LK in the PI is totally different story.The size of the pit makes a lot of difference. If you may review all previous WSD, you will notice that every year's winner shows a different fighting style. But one thing is common, it takes a hell lot of licks to cut the bird dead. So I'll go find some old English fowl that cuts good and cross it to my speed chickens.

Thanks,

Spangle

Post Thanks / Like
    Spang,

Guess your right I checked it last nite-in fact Bogoy is right they've not done well this season. That's pretty profound analysis I may say. I've always been a 'dehadista' hence my favoring Hatches and Greys in this Sweater-crazed mileau.
    I must admit my distaste for "domination" or dynasties. I feel bound to contribute something that may help bring down the Sweater supremacy.

Thinking out-of-the-box a Lemon-brownred cross could be preliminary.

pinoymix50
    Bogs,

IMHO it's a fight of almost the same breed then, because as what i have read in this site Sweater is a 3/4 Kelso & a quarter Yellowlegged Hatch and Radio is a Kelso, right???

My 1 and 1/2 cents.....

pinoymix50
    ahhh Ok, Bogs you have some comments about that Regular Grey in my gallery, did they have done well in the last candelaria derby? just curious because I got some of those bloodline from the Ramsey.

all the best...

noymix

Post Thanks / Like

1/2 Red Fox & /12 S Ramsey Grey

We bought this broodcock few months ago from a good breeder name Mike Chambers. He's good, smart and throw lots of feet.
    Since my friend sent me his Ibelle Grey from Illinois. I might put this grey in auction, because I only want to breed yl and wh grey.

joeybigtime

cheap fowl

chickens is cheap round here mr. roy brady one of the best breeders i know of told me he never give over five dollars for any chicken in his life and i was crazy if i did so don't be put of by price some of these ole boys round here don't believe in robbing folks if he was gonna send you one all the way over there it was probably a dang good one probably wants to get started shipping over there maybe go up on them later cris here'sone of my ibelle white leg grey cocks very good long knife won a bunch at midamerica when they was open with these and yellowlegged

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy Grey

Here is a picture of the bullstag I acquired last year from Sammy. Its 3/4 Mclean and 1/4 Grey. Spars good. Fast and multiple shuffler. Currently experimenting this bullstag with Roundhead hens.

ggabriel farm

Re: sammy ramsey grey,asking for authenticity

Quote Originally Posted by bogoy
    OAKGNUTS, WHEN MAMIE L. STILL ALIVE HE WILL TELL OF HIS TWO GRAY FAMILY. BOB BENNETH IS NOW IN BAD HEALTH ACCORDING TO HIS BEST FRIEND RONNIE MILLER. HE GIVE RONNIE 6 CHICKEN OF HIS WHITE FAMILY TO KEEP. THIS WHITE CHICKEN WAS A PICTURE COCK ONE OF THE MONTH OF 2004 GRIT AND STEEL BACKGROUND WAS HIS WIFE. THIS WHITE ROOSTER IS WITH RONNIE. BACK TO MAMIE L. WHO SPONSORED BILL BAUMGARDNER IN THE WSD IN THE 90'S THEY SHOW GRAY ROOSTER. BREEDER WILL NOT TELL YOU THE TRUTH OF THEIR SUCESS OF THERE BREEDING THAT'S THERE SECRET THIS IS THE WORLD OF BUSINESS HE WON'T LET YOU COPY WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO YOU HAVE TO CREATE YOUR OWN MONSTER BREED TO MAKE YOUR OWN DYNASTY THAT EVEN YOU GONE THEY STILL REMEMBER YOU LEGACY RIGHT .NOW BAD FOR RAMSEY HE CANNOT DEFEND HIS CROWN IN LA. BAD SCORE IN THE GRIT AND STILL SHOW. MAYBE ANOTHER YEAR FOR THE ANOTHER BREEDER.:sprcool: :sprcool: HE..HE.HE..HE.
    anybody knows how to contact micheal and sammy ramsey?

kybreeder

Re: Sammy Ramsey Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Oakgrove Nuts
    Hi Doc!

Sammy's Greys have proven themselves in the gaff. What about the LK how are they with the knife? Do you happen do be breeding this type of Grey? Was just wondering as I am as well interested in getting a trio from them but don't know enough to decide yet.

Good luck with the Red Sox!

Regards,

Dom
    Sammy does do well in the LK. one of the last derbys held at bayou club, i think it was hawaiin, sammy won it in LK with score of 6 wins 1 draw, i have the sammy blood myself

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy Ramsey Grey / Hatch..... From what I heard his grey and hatch are just the same meaning his grey got a hatch blood and his hatch got a grey blood. A friend from the northeast got a trio from him and he cross it with his JJ kelso and the offspring was fought in the main (gaff) against a guy from Delaware and he won it easy. This year we are waiting to be invited in this re-match main somewhere up there..... This is only what I heard from guy who bought the trio from SR as what SR told him. RF Stallion East Coast

Post Thanks / Like

would just wanna share an f1 Ramsey speckled grey hen we have in our backyard ,out of a pair aquired directly.

http://images.caloymerza.multiply.co...nmid=175917139

offspring cross to an f1 blackwater possum.

http://images.caloymerza.multiply.co...nmid=274210653