Thread: mule train ?

Thumbs up mule train ?

Will the grey mule train come pc?
    By the way this is a awesome site that
    Is loaded with knowledge.

Re: mule train ?

mines come pea and straight friend

No, straight comb family (sweater greys)

Was the hatch that was use to develop the
    Mule train greys pc ?

Yes river rat they was it was bates hatch used to make them they are awesome greys

Thanks bad habits .the reason I was asking I was told
    That they came only sc

I have them and have never gotten a pea comb ,but you would have to have a pea comb one to get one ,,all of mine are straight comb ,,breed straight comb to straight comb and they will always come straight comb,, mine come direct from Lonnie

I haven't seen a pure mule train come pc the mules are straight c geen leg silver back greys the older line that Lonny had are more willow legged I have the old line and they are some of the most powerful hard hitting sons of guns and game to the core more game then any other fowl in my op I don't let alot out hard to get the good ones anymore

My mule train come from bam webster lonnie's partner about 30 years ago and yes mine comes pea comb and strait comb.

Mule Train Greys
    Mule Trains was 4 people Bam Webster, Bob Short, Ed Bailey, Mr Green to start
    All was outstanding people and class acts
    The first greys was from a man in Oklahoma Odom and they were straight combed green legged (Law Greys) Ed Bailey got them!
    Before Lonnie feed for and worked with them they had Oscar Atkins and Shorty Bullock feeding for them! (where Shorty Bullocks Greys came from)
    Lonnie did breed some Bates Hatch into them and there were some other crossed made also and infused some PC blood into them!
    The PC Greys yellow and Green legged ones they showed in Sunset 25yrs ago was bred by Mr. Green brother and they were very good roosters.
    Now if they breed sisters to these roosters I do not know but boy these cocks cut cut and fight
    But they always tryed to stay on the green legged side while breeding

Grey Rooster

is this the greys gene batia has

Posting for Tigers127

[/URL]
    Posting for Tigers127

Good thread guys...Always wanted to try these chickens. maybe one day.

Guys I do not have any of the MUletrain Grey but I do have have some of the Muletrain Hatch direct from Lonnie Harper.What I am going to describe to you is the Muletrain Hatch only.The Hatch come both Straight and Pea combed.They come green and blue legged.They also come light and dark hackled.The one thing that they all have in common is that they are good as hell no matter how they show up.They are damn good chickens and I am proud to own them.R.Bennett.

Hey r Bennett do really know much about Lonnie's hatches but I heard they are good and some of the hardest hitting birds alive would like to know more about them and can you send me a pm with some info on them I know his grey are good the old line that what I have good grey family is all I can say can't wait to hear from you about his hatch line

I've heard the Lonnie's hatch are nothing more than a hatch/kelso cross set as strain. They are the bates hatch crossed to kelso. What percentages I do not know. You get the blue and green legs. So I say they are faster than your typical hatch fowl.

lots of greys being peddled as muletrains these days it became a popular name when he done well in mx

Yes very try I know a guy who has some great green leg grey he said they came for Lonny I don't know and don't care I know their good and tuff to beat great guy he was cut ing down on fowl and my friend got some off of him great true birds I know he lives in ohio mite give him a try tigers 127 if your looking for new blood I have his contact pm me

I'm thinking of picking up a couple of hens from lonnie. My question is, are the mule train greys mean? I have asked a few people and gotten mixed answers.

Dont have any greys but the ones I have seen from tigers127 that he got from Lonny can be a little on the mean side but the ones he has are some if not the best bam birds I have seen I am trying to get some from him mite pm him and ask a little more about them he has others greys too breeds mostly grey and hatches tuff birds I think his greys are better

My mule Train is Straight Comb

very interesting thread, keep it going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everybody who has the MT greys, got a good batch of chicks this season. They are as good straight as crossed.

YFIS,

yunke8888

Quote Originally Posted by tigers127 View Post
    I haven't seen a pure mule train come pc the mules are straight c geen leg silver back greys the older line that Lonny had are more willow legged I have the old line and they are some of the most powerful hard hitting sons of guns and game to the core more game then any other fowl in my op I don't let alot out hard to get the good ones anymore
    I got 2 cocks from a FIS that picked them straight from Lonnie's place, about 16 years ago, they come SC & PC, GL & willow legged.
    I got 2 cocks & 2 hens from another FIS, that got them from a well known LA FIS about 12 years ago, who in turn got them from Lonnie, they come all GL, SC & PC.

If you only mate GL-SCs X GL- SCs, you will get solid GLs & SCs.

YFIS,

yunke8888

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Rooster View Post
    Mule Train Greys
    Mule Trains was 4 people Bam Webster, Bob Short, Ed Bailey, Mr Green to start
    All was outstanding people and class acts
    The first greys was from a man in Oklahoma Odom and they were straight combed green legged (Law Greys) Ed Bailey got them!
    Before Lonnie feed for and worked with them they had Oscar Atkins and Shorty Bullock feeding for them! (where Shorty Bullocks Greys came from)
    Lonnie did breed some Bates Hatch into them and there were some other crossed made also and infused some PC blood into them!
    The PC Greys yellow and Green legged ones they showed in Sunset 25yrs ago was bred by Mr. Green brother and they were very good roosters.
    Now if they breed sisters to these roosters I do not know but boy these cocks cut cut and fight
    But they always tryed to stay on the green legged side while breeding

Grey Rooster
    Thanks Grey Rooster, I have not seen any YL MT greys yet, but have seen a few Blue legged. Some claim they are a product of GL X YL.

All of them are supposedly bred straight "Pure" MT greys. Most of them weight at 4-12
    to 5-04, with a few outliers.

YFIS,

yunke8888

Quote Originally Posted by r.bennett View Post
    Guys I do not have any of the MUletrain Grey but I do have have some of the Muletrain Hatch direct from Lonnie Harper.What I am going to describe to you is the Muletrain Hatch only.The Hatch come both Straight and Pea combed.They come green and blue legged.They also come light and dark hackled.The one thing that they all have in common is that they are good as hell no matter how they show up.They are damn good chickens and I am proud to own them. R. Bennett.

Thanks R. Bennett,

WOW, I wonder if Lonnie infused any of those PC - Blue Legged Hatch, into the grey
    MT's.

yunke8888

Quote Originally Posted by lurena View Post
    I've heard the Lonnie's hatch are nothing more than a hatch/kelso cross set as strain. They are the bates hatch crossed to kelso. What percentages I do not know. You get the blue and green legs. So I say they are faster than your typical hatch fowl.
    NO wonder there are GL's, BL's, YL's & Willow legs in the same straight bred MT greys.

The MT greys are very versatile, and well rounded performers. They got speed & power, cutting ability, gameness & bottom. The most powerful strain I have ever seen, ( When they can KO, adult GL Hatch fowl in 1 shuffle, while sparring bare heels) that is powerful enough to me.

yunke8888
    Last edited by Yunke8888; September 10th, 2015 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kickin_chicken View Post
    My mule Train is Straight Comb

Beautiful Mule Trains .................

Quote Originally Posted by Sig1911 View Post
    Beautiful Mule Trains .................
    Thank you. They are good honest chickens. They will remain here with me for sure along with my hoskins greys.