Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: robert harvey dead end blueface and grey

Post Thanks / Like

robert harvey dead end blueface and grey

Been researching these birds for little while do the tend to be short legged and does it effect them heard the bluefaces are good for crossing not pure any opinions welcome looking for good green legged greys and hatch dont wanna waste time on something that wont suite me

Post Thanks / Like

Re: robert harvey dead end blueface and grey

You are right on one thing they come medium to low station. However they will get the job done, if you want pretty booking bird look elsewhere, his bird is all about gameness and abilities.

Post Thanks / Like

The Battle Cocks he showed via Twin Lakes where Awesome Fighters, Bottom was the Name of their Game. But that was when Legal 8 or 10 years ago. As of Late I have No idea. Good Luck..

4. Likes Sly fox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not concerned with looks only ability looking for solid hatch nothing fancy or flashy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gameness View Post
    Been researching these birds for little while do the tend to be short legged and does it effect them heard the bluefaces are good for crossing not pure any opinions welcome looking for good green legged greys and hatch dont wanna waste time on something that wont suite me
    The ones I have are not short legged. They are med station smaller type fowl with full tails some have 16 tail feathers,some come pale faced some don't. Some come lemon neck some come dark red. My friend got these lil blueface from Robert a long time ago and has kept them bred TIGHT. They blend well with most anything but I like them best over the grey blood. When you can travel fowl over 8 hours and win derbys in tough competition I'd say there worth feeding. I win with them straight or crossed. I quit looking for hatch-type fowl after I got these. Although I got a good family of penny hatch from the same guy,couldn't turn them down either.. Lol. YFIS

7. Thanks E.T.Gamefowl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Robert Harvey has some really good birds especially his Blueface Hatch. I suggest to cross his Blueface Hatch to a good Family of a good station Roundheads and that should fix the Station of his Blueface. Plus a RH cross to a Blue Face would be a perfect combination!

Your Friend in Sport,

Tweety-Doo

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone pm roberts contact info looking for a solid hatch family ..
    Last edited by Heavy03; August 20th, 2014 at 12:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for comments fellas

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good friend that got some of the Blueface about 10-15 years ago, they have been great roosters crossed. I think you can cross them with a mallard duck and get good game chickens. I have seen them crossed 4 different ways and all four were improved with the blueface blood crossed.

12. Thanks Sly fox thanked for this post
    Likes kywolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

heard from a pretty reliable source his blueface have turned into sleepers, but personally i haven't witnessed it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard similar thats why i started thread cause if thats the case defeats purpose of why i want them was gonna cross on his grey and also use to blend on some of my birds but heard recent offspring not as good as used to be hoping it was hearsay hate to spend the money to find out not suitable

Post Thanks / Like

like dragking said,
    from what I have seen blueface are sleepers.the grey ain't what they used to be either

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been out of the game for about 2 yrs and well when i was active i have seen some hispanics say they got the direct do good with them and seem some that i wouldnt have. seen some win several derbys at a fair blue ribbion and some i wouldnt want. if you have the extra cash id by two or three battle crosses from him and test at a fair. might cost more cash. i just wouldnt want to breed and have two years if junk.

Post Thanks / Like

His quality has been sliping for several years now. I don't like the ones he had now they the grey are game but they CAN NOT CUT Robert will tell you that him self. The blueface will run in there and swap licks with the other bird not a smart fighter and if he does win half of them will not be able to show again due to the I hit you you hit me style and if have seen some of those sleepers. I have a friend that bought some crosses from Robert last year and showed them and he only won with 2 or 3 of 12. He won over 75 percent with his other birds. If I wanted some more to freashen up my old dead ends I would look up Jerry low he has Roberts old stuff. Nothing against mr Harvey he is a good man IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Wow,I would hate to hear what you had to say against someone.R.Bennett.PS,I have the gray and the blueface fowl direct from Mr.Harvey.Some I got over ten years ago and some I got three years ago and I have nothing but praise for the man and his fowl.Just my opionion.Again,R.bennett.

19. Likes Yunke8888, White hackle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I say get them direct then if there no good you have the right to say what ever.

21. Likes White hackle, Rolling Hills liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had two full nest brothers direct from robert harvey. tested both . both hauled ass. nuff said. BTW. this was recent

Post Thanks / Like

hatchsmash what do u recommend that will not haul ass?I am just curious.R.Bennett.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r.bennett View Post
    Wow,I would hate to hear what you had to say against someone.R.Bennett.PS,I have the gray and the blueface fowl direct from Mr.Harvey.Some I got over ten years ago and some I got three years ago and I have nothing but praise for the man and his fowl.Just my opionion.Again,R.bennett.
    I don't have anything bad to say bout Robert he is a good man and I have alot of respect for him and the things he accomplished in the past. But his birds are not what they once were that is what I'm saying if you got some good ones that is great for you
    Last edited by small block; August 22nd, 2014 at 08:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money, seen them run with my own eyes. IM sure they were game at one time but I look for what is winning now.

26. Likes Hatch-Mac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

R. bennett, I'm not sure what you mean in your question . i just culled the docs i had last year because one showed cold. aquired some redfox greys and some murphys I've seen many times and known the man they came from a long time. so i guess i would recommend any family you know well enough to trust your time effort and pen space to, regardless of name. if that's not a sufficient answer please elaborate on what you wanna know or the gameness problems you experience . friend in sport hatchsmash

28. Likes kywolf, vic5.0 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for comments

Post Thanks / Like

Smalblock & Hatchsmash,Sorry if I came accross a lilttle smug.We have always had good luck with Mr.Harveys's birds.I am sorry that yall didn't.Plus I very much like the man.No disrespect meant and good luck to both of you.Thanks,R.Bennett.

31. Likes White hackle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Bennett none taken i am friends with Robert and I work with his nephew both are great guys but I was just going by what I have seen with my own eyes a my farm and others near me. Robert told a friend of mine he even got some of his blood back from some of his close friends to try a fix some of the problems he had had of late and I hope he does resolve the issues with them

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe old Dead End needs to call Bill Morris to fresh up that blood .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bug View Post
    Maybe old Dead End needs to call Bill Morris to fresh up that blood .
    Robert told me that Bill Morris bought some birds from him years ago but I don't think he likes Bill very well. Him and a guy from flordia have done some trading in the past so if I had to guess that is where he would get them from.

Post Thanks / Like

FireRite Blueface

36. Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Trueedge,this is one of the old-time Dead-End blood. I don't have to worry about these going to "sleep" lol. YFIS

38. Likes trueedge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How long you had them fire rite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gameness View Post
    How long you had them fire rite
    My good friend has known Robert since the seventies and has obtained the blueface and the grey blood thru the years at different times. But hasn't got anything from him for quite some time. He gifted me some about 7 years ago and they have been terrific. When bred on the grey blood and graded back to the blueface you can't get a better gaff rooster IMO. Your always knocking on the door at the end of the day. Most of the straight ones weigh only 4-8 on average. 4-12 a big one. YFIS.

41. Likes trueedge liked this post