Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bobby payton

bobby payton

anybody here who has tried bobby payton chickens,i mean how are his chicken,he is showing a lot of them in FB,and so many BL that he has,

Re: bobby payton

He has the best kelsos I have ever seen. I got the democrats and the kelsos . There good cutting roosters. Kelsos are more SK in my opinion . Break high and good shufflers . Democrats come yellow legged or Green legged straight comb bought green legged hen and bought yellow legged cock. Kelsos got 3 pure and 1 pure cock raised a few of them

A friend of mine got some crossed cocks to show and good birds but one ran was supposed to send a replacement but never did. I believe it was democrat/kelso and Albany/kelso that my buddy got from them.

As far as I know that isn't really Bobby on FB but like one of his nephews or something. I've been to Bobby' place and his Radios are insane but my buddy and I left with a trio of his Yellow legged Democrats which are pretty good too. Do a search on here and you'll find a few threads regarding his fowl and himself but be warned some of the comments made are by people who have never owned any fowl from him and are just saying what they think but try to pass it off as fact.

I seen it with my own eyes regarding the statement I made above. But others were good. Of course out of thousands and thousands of chickens he produces it is possible he gets a runner here and there. I have another good friend that has some of Bobby's old blood from the 90s and are good chickens. He mentioned he noticed Bobby's older stuff is better than the current stuff. I don't own any of his chickens my self but I been around some that came direct from Payton farm. Russell is who posts most the stuff on FB and who sent the crossed cocks to my buddy.

what do you mean -his Radios are insane?when you went there and got a trio of democrats,did you spar them,he has a lot of different bloodline why you choose democrats,
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoni View Post
    As far as I know that isn't really Bobby on FB but like one of his nephews or something. I've been to Bobby' place and his Radios are insane but my buddy and I left with a trio of his Yellow legged Democrats which are pretty good too. Do a search on here and you'll find a few threads regarding his fowl and himself but be warned some of the comments made are by people who have never owned any fowl from him and are just saying what they think but try to pass it off as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by yobare2 View Post
    what do you mean -his Radios are insane?when you went there and got a trio of democrats,did you spar them,he has a lot of different bloodline why you choose democrats,
    His Radios are insane because they pump their legs from the air to the ground. His Radio/McRae crosses where awesome too but we went there with the intention to buy Democrats and so we did. We ha e no reason why we went with them over the others. We didn't spar his whole yard or anything like that but he did show us some of his fowl he was flushing out.

His Radios are insane because they pump their legs from the air to the ground. His Radio/McRae crosses where awesome too but we went there with the intention to buy Democrats and so we did. We ha e no reason why we went with them over the others. We didn't spar his whole yard or anything like that but he did show us some of his fowl he was flushing out.
    a friend of mine FRED GILLISPIE of Widowmaker farms went to check out his farm and came home with trio of mcraes and he loved them. he has had very good luck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by stateline View Post
    a friend of mine FRED GILLISPIE of Widowmaker farms went to check out his farm and came home with trio of mcraes and he loved them. he has had very good luck with them.
    Supposedly McRae worked for Bobby's dad and when William passed away they got all his chickens and records.

Supposedly McRae worked for Bobby's dad and when William passed away they got all his chickens and records.
    could have I know they damn good black chickens, I went to fred's and got a crossed cock to put some black blood in some of my hatchs to speed it up lol

I know William bred chickens for Blonde Roland and Blondie was Buddy Payton cousin so I'm sure William had to have known the Paytons. They also got all of Blonde's chickens when he passed. I've heard from a few guys who have the Mcraes from Bobby and they speak favorably of them.

We had his democrats before. The ones we had where very smart and had near perfect timing. Single stroking type but they know where to put it. Can't speak for the rest of his blood never had um...

yah im thinking of getting Radios from him to cross it to my sweaters,what do you think Keoni?I think his mcraes are too big for Philippines knife,the way I see them in all his posting his mcrae are big birds,they are so tall,

is bobby payton hard to talk with I mean is it easy to deal with him,will he really send you the bird that you want

When my buddy ordered some crossed cocks he specifically wanted democrat/Mcrae and democrat/kelso and he got Albany/kelso and democrat/kelso. I made the order for him over the phone and through FB since he doesn't speak English.

When we were visiting Bobby it was like talking to a friend. As always be specific with what you want as it will help them (may not be him selecting) select something. As far as his Radios go they seemed like a decent size but I don't know how big the PI birds need to be. His Radios are great SK birds.

So he has Blondie Roland's Kelso?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke23 View Post
    So he has Blondie Roland's Kelso?
    Perhaps he had them in the past but I think the Kelso he has now are Jumper's.

Quote Originally Posted by A.KEALOHA View Post
    We had his democrats before. The ones we had where very smart and had near perfect timing. Single stroking type but they know where to put it. Can't speak for the rest of his blood never had um...
    Do you know what strains used to make the DEMOCRATS? We love the way they dispose their opponents.

I wonder if he has the blonde roland griffin claret.

There is only one person with the original clarets and they are not for sale..as far as the make up of the democrats they were the griffins crossed with the old 42 hatch I believe..the 42 hatch I believe are gone now...could be wrong though.

There probably nothing original anymore but the claret I just got from a good friend that would never let any out since he got them 20 plus years ago because was asked not to let them out he said the guy he got them from got them direct from Blonde.

I believe these to be as original as you will get.

That's great if you have em..I saw some that were direct from blondie this weekend. Great looking birds.

Ill try to post some pics of them when it clears up it is a rainy mess around here.

20141117_160119.jpg lighter color claret hen.

20141117_155826.jpgdark color old claret hen.

20141117_155113.jpgclaret cock sorry about the pics being sideways and being bad pics.

Quote Originally Posted by sinapangan View Post
    Do you know what strains used to make the DEMOCRATS? We love the way they dispose their opponents.
    They were a mix of Griffen Claret (they get the plumage from the Griffen as well as the color) and Blueface Hatch.

I don't know if Buddy Payton still talks to people but he would be the one to ask about the Blondie fowl.