Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just some thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Just some thoughts

I haven't been a member here as long as many of you, but I have been around long enough to see a troubling trend on this board. I have noticed that many posters no longer post here and the quality threads are few and far between. Have you guys noticed this? After thinking about it, it is not hard to see why. It seems like more and more threads have become a name-calling contest and fewer posters are posting respectfully towards each other. I can't blame guys for keeping silent. Posters are attacking each other more than the animal rights idiots are attacking us. I have also noticed that fewer and fewer posters answer PMs. It just shows a lack of respect. Some posters seem to think it is okay to do this because this is the internet. IMO it is not. Taking two seconds out your day to respond to a PM is not going to take too much time. I am a member of several forums that discuss many different subjects. This is the only one where members treat each other like that. I am not aiming this at anybody. The subject came up during a phone call with another member of this board. Cockers are not a popular minority with the general public. They show us very little respect. We are getting to the point where we show each other even less respect. Maybe I am wrong, but there is nothing wrong with acting like gentlemen.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just some thoughts

I can understand when someone is being suspicious of the enemy, however you are dead on about the language some use and the general hatred shown towards those that disagree with each other. This can be seen as a sign of ignorance. To be taken seriously it takes common courteousy and a sign of human dignity.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen brother!
    I thought it was just me...!

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that other posters feel the same. There will be some posters that may disagree . I hope they will share their viewpoint so I might understand why this behavior is seen as acceptable.

Post Thanks / Like

Your post is true and accurate bud. But on that same token someone has to speak up on some of the ppl selling or try to sell fowl. Now there's always two sides to the story and although its not always nice at times it's necessary.

But one thing that really $uks like you said there is less and less meaningful threads on this board. Every thread is same as the last who has the BEST lol how much are they ect.

Wheres all the threads about feed, raising, maintaining our fowl all and let's not forget breeding them now thats a touchy subject but one that I love to read about. All the different point of views ways of going about it to get to the same out come. Those things are what should be on the board every other post. Not all this who is or has the best stuff.

But it even in those threads from some of the more respected members there was some disagreement and a bit of bashing so maybe that will not be totally eliminated but we should try and cut back on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gavilancillo View Post
    Your post is true and accurate bud. But on that same token someone has to speak up on some of the ppl selling or try to sell fowl. Now there's always two sides to the story and although its not always nice at times it's necessary.

But one thing that really $uks like you said there is less and less meaningful threads on this board. Every thread is same as the last who has the BEST lol how much are they ect.

Wheres all the threads about feed, raising, maintaining our fowl all and let's not forget breeding them now thats a touchy subject but one that I love to read about. All the different point of views ways of going about it to get to the same out come. Those things are what should be on the board every other post. Not all this who is or has the best stuff.

But it even in those threads from some of the more respected members there was some disagreement and a bit of bashing so maybe that will not be totally eliminated but we should try and cut back on it.
    I agree with you and understand you point. The point that I am making is that we should be able to disagree , but still do it in a respectful way. Agreeing to disagree doesn't to have to result Ina full scale argument that result in personal attacks.

7. Likes HiPride liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnday View Post
    I agree with you and understand you point. The point that I am making is that we should be able to disagree , but still do it in a respectful way. Agreeing to disagree doesn't to have to result Ina full scale argument that result in personal attacks.
    Point well taken bud. You are correct

Post Thanks / Like

I agree...if we can't discuss without resorting to attack mode then there's a problem lol. I remember when a chicken man's biggest problem was another chicken man stealin his stock. Now we got "cockers" ratting on others, we got people being less than honorable in dealings, and a lot of disgruntled customers who at least feel they have been wronged in some form or fashion. These are not new things, but what is relatively new is the ease with which we can research these things and the ability to vent our frustrations and anger anonymously in forums with little fear of reprisal.
    With anonymity comes the easy ability to become vindictive, spiteful and rude. We need to remember that we are a brotherhood of people that are being persecuted by the outside world to the point of extinction and as such, we can't afford to partake in the infighting and back biting that goes on when we feel the need to vent. This forum was designed with a private message feature that can just as easily be used to settle those differences in a gentlemanly manner. This forum was also designed with rules, which we all agreed to when we joined the community. They can be found here if you need a reminder: http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/misc.php?do=showrules .
    As to the efforts of those who have membership on this board but who are not cockers, rather those who seek to destroy cocking, if you live in the US, or anywhere else where cockfighting is illegal, then I would urge you to mind what you say and how you say it. If you are posting about an upcoming derby and posting pics of a hack in your yard, don't be shocked when you finally have Johnny Law come knocking lol. Like they say when they arrest you "anything you say can and will be used against you"...so lets limit the number of bullets they can shoot at us. YFIS Greyfreek

10. Likes bazsdmeg2u liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is also a forum to discuss game fowl and everything game fowl related .... Its not a social media site where people should talk poltics and the latest breaking news

12. Likes TopNotchfarms, turbo_harpoon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree, I think if you have something to say that's bad send a private message sort it out that way or ask them for a phone number then ring them and sort it, no need for dirty washing to hang out "as the say"

14. Likes LaBlue, ronole morris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gallohombre View Post
    This is also a forum to discuss game fowl and everything game fowl related .... Its not a social media site where people should talk poltics and the latest breaking news

This section which is chicken talk is for gamefowl topics only, but there are other sections of the forum...... a politics section and chit chat section for random topics, you just have to post on those designated sections ....... as for the personal attacks, hard to control that......... I got into a personal argument once and was punished with a violation...... the moderators enforce the rules but they haven't had the time to moderate frequently......... it's hard to get behind the computer to log on into the site if you are not up to date with mobile web browsing or sufficient internet connections.......

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it is just me, but I think the troublemakers are not cockers. I don't know who is who and suspect any one that wants to make a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive had the same thoughts Baz, but Im naturally suspicious lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mr.Day for bringing this subject to everyone's attention.All this Name Calling,Back Biting,Trashing your fellow Sportsman is done for one simple reason.JEALOUSY,One person is afraid the other is going to [SELL A TRIO],and they won't get their [LITTLE SLICE OF THE PIE].That's what this is all about folks.Most of these BACKSTABBERS,are so afraid they will lose a DOLLAR,they are loyal to nothing or nobody.They will subject our SPORT to all manner of AIRING OF DIRTY LAUNDRY ON THEIR FELLOW SPORTSMAN [FOR THEIR OWN [FINANCIAL GAIN]...The real PEDDLERS are the ones in the background that get other people to do their dirty work.They won't get their hands dirty but they care nothing about our SPORT OR THE PEOPLE IN IT.Just think how far this sport would be toward a COMEBACK if we devoted as much time to tearing down the ENEMY as we do each other.Just something to think about.YFIS,Ronole.....
    Last edited by ronole morris; December 13th, 2014 at 01:33 AM.

19. Thanks country thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklapaul69 View Post
    I totally agree, I think if you have something to say that's bad send a private message sort it out that way or ask them for a phone number then ring them and sort it, no need for dirty washing to hang out "as the say"
    This is how TRUE GENTLEMAN OF THE SPORT WOULD DO IT,wicklapaul69;But then these [PEDDLERS],that could care less about the SPORT,OR THE PEOPLE IN IT wouldn't be able to TRASH their COMPETITION.I went through this when I first joined Sabong.People that haven't showed a Rooster in 20 years have no record to compare their fowl to others so the revert to the same old tactic that has been used since the beginning of time.Trash the other mans fowl,and MAYBE MINE WILL LOOK BETTER.They have nothing else as a [SELLING POINT].I want to know what your fowl are doing TODAY,not 10 years ago.I posted my phone number on this site and invited the accusers to call or come visit.That will never happen because there was NOTHING TO DISCUSS.It was all about GREED,AND JEALOUSY.If you took the SELLING OF GAMEFOWL OUT OF THE EQUASION WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION.YFIS,Ronole......

Post Thanks / Like

you tellem, Ronole.... Hope you're doing well, my friend its good to see you are as eloquent and direct as ever.YFIS Greyfreek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronole morris View Post
    This is how TRUE GENTLEMAN OF THE SPORT WOULD DO IT,wicklapaul69;But then these [PEDDLERS],that could care less about the SPORT,OR THE PEOPLE IN IT wouldn't be able to TRASH their COMPETITION.I went through this when I first joined Sabong.People that haven't showed a Rooster in 20 years have no record to compare their fowl to others so the revert to the same old tactic that has been used since the beginning of time.Trash the other mans fowl,and MAYBE MINE WILL LOOK BETTER.They have nothing else as a [SELLING POINT].I want to know what your fowl are doing TODAY,not 10 years ago.I posted my phone number on this site and invited the accusers to call or come visit.That will never happen because there was NOTHING TO DISCUSS.It was all about GREED,AND JEALOUSY.If you took the SELLING OF GAMEFOWL OUT OF THE EQUASION WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION.YFIS,Ronole......
    Ronole, I know from our conversations that we see things the same way. Some may call it old-fashioned to show respect for other people and treat them like they would like to be treated. I don't think it is old fashioned. I think it is just being decent and carrying yourself like a gentleman. I have seen several threads that was bashing fellow cockers and the information was based off second and third hand information that was far from the truth . As some of these posters know, I have been going through the hardest time in my life these last couple months. One of my twin daughters was murdered and she left behind three young children that me and my wife are raising. It is unbelievable the support that I have had people. Much of it came from the close friends that I made on this forum. They don't know it, but they probably kept me from having a complete nervous breakdown. I don't mention this for sympathy, but I mention it because these close friends are a fine example of the type of people that is on this board. I hate to see this board decline due to the few that represent the bad ones that are hurting this board and our sport.

23. Thanks ronole morris, lawgreyman14, HiPride thanked for this post
    Likes ronole morris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't say much bc I am just learning. I read a lot and have a few birds that make me proud. But jnday, I have to tell you that breaks my heart and I will keep your family in my prayers. I hope you got the POS that hurt her.

25. Thanks jnday thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry jnday i hate to hear that man, no father or mother should have to bury their child. Praying for you and your family sir and for justice. yfis Jay

27. Thanks jnday thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you good for Christmas? I know kids are costly and this will be an almost unbearable year. I would LOVE to send some things your way. (Carrie)

29. Thanks turbo_harpoon thanked for this post
    Likes BackNBlack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I beleive many don't post because If you bring a good point against another poster. They call you a rat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchie Momma View Post
    Are you good for Christmas? I know kids are costly and this will be an almost unbearable year. I would LOVE to send some things your way. (Carrie)
    They are doing good considering their loss. They just miss their mama. We are planning a big Christmas with hopes that it makes things better. Thank you so much for your concern.they actually want chickens for Christmas so I am getting them brood fowl .
    Last edited by jnday; December 13th, 2014 at 04:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnday View Post
    I haven't been a member here as long as many of you, but I have been around long enough to see a troubling trend on this board. I have noticed that many posters no longer post here and the quality threads are few and far between. Have you guys noticed this? After thinking about it, it is not hard to see why. It seems like more and more threads have become a name-calling contest and fewer posters are posting respectfully towards each other. I can't blame guys for keeping silent. Posters are attacking each other more than the animal rights idiots are attacking us. I have also noticed that fewer and fewer posters answer PMs. It just shows a lack of respect. Some posters seem to think it is okay to do this because this is the internet. IMO it is not. Taking two seconds out your day to respond to a PM is not going to take too much time. I am a member of several forums that discuss many different subjects. This is the only one where members treat each other like that. I am not aiming this at anybody. The subject came up during a phone call with another member of this board. Cockers are not a popular minority with the general public. They show us very little respect. We are getting to the point where we show each other even less respect. Maybe I am wrong, but there is nothing wrong with acting like gentlemen.
    You started a good thread here. My father always said " You can't build yourself up by tearing someone else down. There has been a lot of that lately.

33. Thanks ronole morris, roostercm thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

that is true your father was riht on the money lablue and jnday sorry to hear your bad news my heart goes out to everyone that has lost a love one YFIS

35. Thanks ronole morris, jnday thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jnday. Sounds like you're raising good kids. I lost my brother in law and his kids were little. I made pillows out of his shirts and sprayed them with his cologne. Smell is one of the strongest memories we have. Might think about doing something along those lines for your kids.

I usually dont don't post bc it's obvious I know just about nothing and a lot of people get reaaaaally suspicious. I don't blame you. But it does make it a lil hard when you are trying to learn. My best friend has been into gamefowl about 18 years. He got me into it. So usually I just ask him. But I do love reading here. And messing with my chickens. Good luck to all of you. And may your new year jnday bring much happiness.

Oh. We also planted a tree for my brother in law. It was good for the kids to have somewhere to go "talk" to their dad and nurture something. We'd collect special things and leave for him at our lil tree. Kids need to be able to do something active to mourn.

In my prayers. Carrie

37. Thanks Alectryon, jnday thanked for this post
    Likes BackNBlack, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed the absence of many prominent posters. It's not good as some have a lifetime in the sport and have much to share. I have learnt so much on these threads and have tried to help some along the way too.
    You raised many good points.

39. Likes jnday, Hatchie Momma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr.Day I have not talked about your story on this post as I like to keep things personal and private.It broke my heart when my Farm Manager told me the story of your daughter.The Stag that you picked was his [WIFE'S PET].He told me after you and him rode around and talked and got to know each other that he had never met a FINER MAN.Very few days go by that he don't mention you and about the strength it would take to go through such a nightmare,and the impression you made on him and his wife.They can't wait for you to bring the wife and grandkids back up to visit this summer.They have a Huge Suprise for all of you.A man that has been through so much yet is still Standing Strong FOR HIS GRANDCHILDREN.I am not telling this story to make myself or my farm manager look good.It is you Mr.Day that has given us [Strength,Courage,etc].You have made a huge impact on the lives of Gerald and his family by showing the ability to move forward and forgive to a point that this horrible crime didn't destroy you.After JN had picked the Wifes Rooster Gerald went to his [PERSONAL BROOD PEN] and got a [SINGLE MATED SISTER TO HIM THAT HE ALREADY BANDED AND ENTERED INTO HIS JOURNAL FOR THIS YEARS BREEDING STOCK].That is what I like to hear from the man that I left in charge of my BOSTON ROUNDHEAD FAMILY.If this ORDEAL that Mr.Day is GOING THROUGH DON'T BRING US TOGETHER AS [BROTHERS IN SPORT],NOTHING WILL.Let me be the first to say JN DAY,If there is anything I can do for you or your family during these Difficult Times Please let me know.YFIS,Ronole.....MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS

41. Thanks jnday thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchie Momma View Post
    Jnday. Sounds like you're raising good kids. I lost my brother in law and his kids were little. I made pillows out of his shirts and sprayed them with his cologne. Smell is one of the strongest memories we have. Might think about doing something along those lines for your kids.

I usually dont don't post bc it's obvious I know just about nothing and a lot of people get reaaaaally suspicious. I don't blame you. But it does make it a lil hard when you are trying to learn. My best friend has been into gamefowl about 18 years. He got me into it. So usually I just ask him. But I do love reading here. And messing with my chickens. Good luck to all of you. And may your new year jnday bring much happiness.

Oh. We also planted a tree for my brother in law. It was good for the kids to have somewhere to go "talk" to their dad and nurture something. We'd collect special things and leave for him at our lil tree. Kids need to be able to do something active to mourn.

In my prayers. Carrie
    Thank you so much. These kids are all I have left of my daughter and we try not to spoil them, but we are trying not to let their mother's death ruin their lives. They love their chickens and they love their church. I can 'to think of anything better for them. They are the ones who talked me into starting back breeding fowl and I don't regret it. We spend a lot of quality time feeding, watering and building pens. Me and my wife have sacrificed our entires lives to raise them, but they are worth every bit of it. The circumstances surrounding my daughter's murder are much worse than I have stated and we are trying to shield them from it. The story made state and some national news, so it is hard at times. I couldn't have made it without the support and understanding of my friends and family. As I mentioned, several of my friends here was a great help. Sometimes a quick phone call or text does a lot more good than you know.

43. Thanks ronole morris thanked for this post
    Likes ronole morris, Hatchie Momma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it does. So many show up during the immediate crisis but forget to continue to touch base. Bc that's when it's hard. The day in and day out average day. I can't imagine. I have a son and three girls. God help the one that tried to harm them. Your gentleness is refreshing. I'm a bit ashamed to say I'm too Irish to be so kind. It would be time for a reckoning. Least you live where they believe in corporal punishment. You're gonna be great at raising them. Keep her alive through stories and laughter. I honestly am overwhelmed at what you're experiencing. I wish I was closer to help. I do have family in Natchez and round about there. If I'm ever coming that way (I need to). I may see how close you are and love yall up in person.

45. Likes jnday, BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronole morris View Post
    Mr.Day I have not talked about your story on this post as I like to keep things personal and private.It broke my heart when my Farm Manager told me the story of your daughter.The Stag that you picked was his [WIFE'S PET].He told me after you and him rode around and talked and got to know each other that he had never met a FINER MAN.Very few days go by that he don't mention you and about the strength it would take to go through such a nightmare,and the impression you made on him and his wife.They can't wait for you to bring the wife and grandkids back up to visit this summer.They have a Huge Suprise for all of you.A man that has been through so much yet is still Standing Strong FOR HIS GRANDCHILDREN.I am not telling this story to make myself or my farm manager look good.It is you Mr.Day that has given us [Strength,Courage,etc].You have made a huge impact on the lives of Gerald and his family by showing the ability to move forward and forgive to a point that this horrible crime didn't destroy you.After JN had picked the Wifes Rooster Gerald went to his [PERSONAL BROOD PEN] and got a [SINGLE MATED SISTER TO HIM THAT HE ALREADY BANDED AND ENTERED INTO HIS JOURNAL FOR THIS YEARS BREEDING STOCK].That is what I like to hear from the man that I left in charge of my BOSTON ROUNDHEAD FAMILY.If this ORDEAL that Mr.Day is GOING THROUGH DON'T BRING US TOGETHER AS [BROTHERS IN SPORT],NOTHING WILL.Let me be the first to say JN DAY,If there is anything I can do for you or your family during these Difficult Times Please let me know.YFIS,Ronole.....MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS
    Thank you Ronole. That little trip that I made helped save what little sanity that I have left. I couldn't have asked to be treated any better and I look forward to going back and visiting . My granddaughter Madison is very proud of those birds. She considers herself as being my farm manager. She is 7 and has a mighty bright future and she a heart of gold.
    Last edited by jnday; December 13th, 2014 at 08:53 AM.