Thread: W.t. Greene grey

Post Thanks / Like

Re: W.t. Greene grey

W.T and a grey cock

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Everett View Post
    Well i'm going to stop beating a dead horse......sorry I just don't believe U. Even though u might belileve it. It can't happen, try repeating it and see.
    Just wondering, looking through this tread, when you say SC & SC will always be SC you mean as long as a pea comb hasn't ever been added anywhere down the line? Example is I have a butcher cock and breed it to a roundhead. then breed the roundhead down to almost nothing. Most of, and eventually 99.9% will come SC. But as long as theres pea comb blood in there somewhere it can come out right? So should the statement be when a Pure SC family is bred to a Pure SC family the offspring will always be SC?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter g View Post
    Just wondering, looking through this tread, when you say SC & SC will always be SC you mean as long as a pea comb hasn't ever been added anywhere down the line? Example is I have a butcher cock and breed it to a roundhead. then breed the roundhead down to almost nothing. Most of, and eventually 99.9% will come SC. But as long as theres pea comb blood in there somewhere it can come out right? So should the statement be when a Pure SC family is bred to a Pure SC family the offspring will always be SC?
    pea comb is a dominant trate if it is there it will express itself. So says genetic theory. Meaning if it has a pea comb gene the rooster or hen will be pea comb. If it is straight comb there is no pea comb gene present so it can never throw another pea comb. Pea comb can carry the ressive straight comb gene and it not show up for a long time. It would take a lot of test breeding to breed a homozygous pea comb strain or pure luck, although they are out there.

Post Thanks / Like

bumping to get rid of the sh#t.......................................