Thread: Vaccination

Post Thanks / Like

Question Vaccination

I have a question regarding vaccination. if any one can help me it would be a great help.

I have a day old chick and i want to do vaccination all them, and in my place I also have some cock and stag which don't have a vaccination program history before. my question is. do i need to include the stags & cocks in my vaccination program? and what will happen if I will not include them in my vaccination program since they don't have a history of vaccination.

thanks.

Disciple

Re: Vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Ayden View Post
    I have a question regarding vaccination. if any one can help me it would be a great help.

I have a day old chick and i want to do vaccination all them, and in my place I also have some cock and stag which don't have a vaccination program history before. my question is. do i need to include the stags & cocks in my vaccination program? and what will happen if I will not include them in my vaccination program since they don't have a history of vaccination.

thanks.
    Once you start to vaccinate you'll always have to. I believe its best to breed from birds that don't get sick as they will have a natural immunity to diseases. Cull any sick ones and only breed from the strong healthy ones. Unless you have an epidemic with a disease like Newcastle that can wipe you out, I wouldn't give vaccines. The broiler industry vaccinates like crazy and if they don't they will have high losses as they don't build a natural immunity. Culling all sick birds over time will give you more disease resistant family of birds. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Once you start to vaccinate you'll always have to. I believe its best to breed from birds that don't get sick as they will have a natural immunity to diseases. Cull any sick ones and only breed from the strong healthy ones. Unless you have an epidemic with a disease like Newcastle that can wipe you out, I wouldn't give vaccines. The broiler industry vaccinates like crazy and if they don't they will have high losses as they don't build a natural immunity. Culling all sick birds over time will give you more disease resistant family of birds. Hope this helps.

i would agree.... cigar

Post Thanks / Like

Up...please more inputs. In my place, once wayback 6 years ago, i had a rooster got affected by mareks. But that was the first and the last. This day I am planning to administer mareks vaccine to my incoming chicks. The question is should I include every fowl in my area including my brood materials for vaccination? I understand that mareks vaccine should be given at day old chicks, but what if my broodstocks(Never had a vaccine for mareks) is not yet affected by the virus? Is it ok to give them a shot of the mareks vaccine just to make sure?

Post Thanks / Like

Any alternatives to pox vaccination besides the needle and the antidote?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for disturbing this old thread. But do you guys vaccinate all birds? How often do you do this? I'm new to all this stuff, so sorry for silly question.

Post Thanks / Like

Answer to previous post! Of course vaccination is very important. It depends on which birds you have exactly