Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 132

Thread: blueface hatch hen

  
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    blueface hatch hen

    Bought this as a blueface hatch hen. Has anyone had one of these?


  2. Likes laguardia, Sig1911, FIRE-RITE, KevinG liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Yes I do and still have them one of my best lines cant go wrong with that blood...better shown crossed then pure although what u plan on crossing to them

  4. Likes Jul214 liked this post
  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Plan on doing 2 crosses. Blueface hatch / roundhead cross and blueface hatch /kelso cross.

  6. Likes TopNotchfarms liked this post
  7. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen


  8. #5
    Senior Member BamaOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    XYZ Gamefarm
    Posts
    3,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    144.jpg Blueface over Lacy068.jpg 062.jpg 150.jpg
    Last edited by BamaOkie; December 28th, 2015 at 11:14 AM. Reason: ad pics

  9. Likes chester, Dase520, vic5.0, Sig1911, Jul214 liked this post
  10. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by Jul214 View Post
    Plan on doing 2 crosses. Blueface hatch / roundhead cross and blueface hatch /kelso cross.
    Thats good bro your picking good lines there proven with us tell this day Lacey's and kelso crosses to blue face I plan on breeding my two timer this year to sweater hens and my toppy hen good luck buddy

  11. Likes Jul214 liked this post
  12. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by Jul214 View Post
    Bought this as a blueface hatch hen. Has anyone had one of these?

    She doesn't look like my line, but good luck.

  13. #8
    Senior Member FIRE-RITE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by Jul214 View Post
    Bought this as a blueface hatch hen. Has anyone had one of these?

    I've seen this before in the BF. The ones like this were great producers......reminds me of the Dead Ends. Yfis.

  14. Likes chester, TopNotchfarms, Jul214 liked this post
  15. #9
    Senior Member FIRE-RITE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    I forgot to add that if you have a good SC green legged grey cock to breed over her IMO you wouldn't be disappointed for the American show that is. Yfis

  16. Likes Georgia Blues liked this post
  17. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    please don't take offence, but she don't look like the "type"of hen i would be looking to use but i hope you have good luck. Maybe just the way she is standing in the photo?
    very rounded, short legs, short wings, short neck.........?
    Last edited by Crazy Eyes; December 28th, 2015 at 09:25 PM.

  18. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    She is stationed different than mine but colored exactly the same as my best dead end Blueface brood hen.

  19. Likes TopNotchfarms liked this post
  20. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    She was taking a poop when i took the picture thats why her tail is all the way up. I have good confidence that she will have some killer offspring.

  21. #13
    Senior Member BamaOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    XYZ Gamefarm
    Posts
    3,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by Jul214 View Post
    She was taking a poop when i took the picture thats why her tail is all the way up. I have good confidence that she will have some killer offspring.
    I have had Ruble,Harold Brown and Bates hens colored like that. If they same as that cock pictured I would not worry bout them a bit! lol

  22. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaOkie View Post
    144.jpg Blueface over Lacy068.jpg 062.jpg 150.jpg

    Looking really good there bamaokie

  23. Thanks BamaOkie thanked for this post
  24. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Color wise just like the William Green and A lot of the Dead end. Personally she is built good at all to me. Tall is to high, short neck, wings short, and she is short. Could be just the way pic was taken. Want trying to be negative. Color though 100% I can post several pics that would color up just like her. Best of luck
    Last edited by LCockman; December 29th, 2015 at 02:09 AM.

  25. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    colors look good ..for blue face ..NICE ...

  26. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by copperhead rd View Post
    colors look good ..for blue face ..NICE ...
    Thanks im looking forward to breeding her

  27. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by LCockman View Post
    Color wise just like the William Green and A lot of the Dead end. Personally she is built good at all to me. Tall is to high, short neck, wings short, and she is short. Could be just the way pic was taken. Want trying to be negative. Color though 100% I can post several pics that would color up just like her. Best of luck
    Hello, i would like to see some of your hens to compare. Thanks

  28. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by Jul214 View Post
    Hello, i would like to see some of your hens to compare. Thanks
    I will take some pics. I don't mind to show my culls at all. Soon as it is dry

  29. #20
    Senior Member ZEKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    My Ohatchee BF look similar...you can see them on facebook: Ouachita Farms

  30. Likes Georgia Blues, c.turner liked this post
  31. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    color dont breed good birds "TYPE.TYPE.TYPE" does...........tail to high/taking a poop dont matter to much either. that hen will give you type....EG: males with shorter legs, shorter wings, shorter neck.....just giving you something to think about. you breed 2 birds that compliment each other or 2 together that the other is missing, make sure your male has good reach in his neck, some leg under him and some good powerful wings??// its all good to want correct colors or colors you want but "TYPE"should be the first thing your looking at, color later.
    can you post some more photos of her before it sounds like im being to harsh, which i do not mean to be..

  32. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    My best producing Deadends come that color. Can't even start to tell you how she will produce but I bet you that she has some of the real blood in her

  33. Likes FIRE-RITE liked this post
  34. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    [IMG][/IMG]

    this my blue face hen been around my partners family for over 20 yrs her brother just won at a good show frist fly in the air took it like noting

  35. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by TopNotchfarms View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

    this my blue face hen been around my partners family for over 20 yrs her brother just won at a good show frist fly in the air took it like noting
    Topnotch i cant see your image

  36. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    [IMG][/IMG]

    blue face proven winners of this line

  37. Likes nilodeleon liked this post
  38. #26
    Senior Member Mike Everett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    When did Blueface start coming peacomb?

  39. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Those the best ones my partner been breeding them for over 20 yrs they come both but I role with the pea comb ones

  40. #28
    Senior Member Mike Everett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by TopNotchfarms View Post
    Those the best ones my partner been breeding them for over 20 yrs they come both but I role with the pea comb ones
    Blueface are a straight comb family, your partner has infused something else in them, which ok, but they are not true to BF. O course it really doesn't matter you can called whatever.

  41. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Everett View Post
    Blueface are a straight comb family, your partner has infused something else in them, which ok, but they are not true to BF. O course it really doesn't matter you can called whatever.

    Yeah shur what ever you say mike I know what fowl I have...and these the real deal blue faces i could of kept a stright comb but I'm more of a pea comb guy when it comes to my hens

  42. #30
    Senior Member Mike Everett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: blueface hatch hen

    Quote Originally Posted by TopNotchfarms View Post
    Yeah shur what ever you say mike I know what fowl I have...and these the real deal blue faces i could of kept a stright comb but I'm more of a pea comb guy when it comes to my hens
    I'm sure you think they are...many beginners are fooled...lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •