Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are your tactics?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are your tactics?

I gave $40 for two once, got them back to good flesh, guy had pulled too much off them. Won 4 with one, 5 or 6 with the other over 3 years time. It can happen, but consistently? Id say no unless you keep following guys like him around maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Cull em out I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeremycook99 View Post
    Do all the selecting you want but either way you slice it .it's a 50 50 shot both ways ..can take a 2500 dollar rooster and get whooped by a flea market rooster

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Yes that can happen, but how often? Once in awhile.. In a main between a man that has a good selection of fowl vs a person that buys birds from the flea market, hands down my money is on the person that "selects" his fowl.

4. Likes LaBlue, Nauvoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Martin View Post
    Not a fan of the LK...

Too bad. here in LK country we have bigger derbies, a whole lot more fights and itís a 100% legal. we just have so much more fun. and by the way i like LG and SK too.

6. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Acquire the best and elite blood you can have,that can produce elite offsping.it doesn't matter if get it free,cheap or expensive.have a proper knowledge about gamefowl raising and conditioning by way of scientific research,experience and the most important common sense.a well bred fowl will not disappoint you,anyone that thinks you will succeed in this sport by buying gamefowl in a flea market are in for a big disappointment.
    Last edited by B.R.G.PB; June 10th, 2016 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This whole thing got twisted ..anyway I don't buy fowl from the flea market I was just telling my view of it ..wow this website can turn so quick on you ..think I'm going to stop posting and just start reading ..jesus

Post Thanks / Like

This website is like a goddamn pack of coyotes on a one legged cat ..I just stated that a 1000 rooster can be whooped by a average rooster doesn't matter the breed cutting speed power or lineage ..all it takes is on lucky shot ...end .................I'm out

Post Thanks / Like

Yea bro this is like a chat room form when the new guy gets beat up at school

Post Thanks / Like

Well Imma bet you I can take a road island red and whoop any of top shelf or ace's

Post Thanks / Like

But have no fear cook99 I'm off work today so I'll keep these experts and other fast fingered key pad warriors busy with lots of post and pitchers today

Post Thanks / Like

Like what I've said don't rely on luck to succeed in this sport,lucky are those who are knowledgeable and prepared on this sport.

Post Thanks / Like

I smell a group of bunny huggers..............................

Post Thanks / Like

I hear a lot of times people saying its all just a 50/50 chance. Especially when people are talking about long knife and don't really have much experience with it. If it is truly 50/50, why do the same few guys seem to always be in the winner's circle or at least close to it and the same guys always seem to have bad scores. If it was really 50/50 chance, there would be no one with above a 50% average that fought enough for the averages to work out. I know several guys that seem to care a little more, work a little harder, and pay a little more attention to details that win a lot more than 50% every year for years. Sure some strange things can happen in any given fight, and an underdog can come out on top or even win a derby, but fight 200 fights a year and see what the averages are for someone who has all his ducks in a row are versus someone who is just a weekend warrior.

16. Thanks bstewart thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    I hear a lot of times people saying its all just a 50/50 chance. Especially when people are talking about long knife and don't really have much experience with it. If it is truly 50/50, why do the same few guys seem to always be in the winner's circle or at least close to it and the same guys always seem to have bad scores. If it was really 50/50 chance, there would be no one with above a 50% average that fought enough for the averages to work out. I know several guys that seem to care a little more, work a little harder, and pay a little more attention to details that win a lot more than 50% every year for years. Sure some strange things can happen in any given fight, and an underdog can come out on top or even win a derby, but fight 200 fights a year and see what the averages are for someone who has all his ducks in a row are versus someone who is just a weekend warrior.
    it’s always a 50/50 chance in any fight. lol. the only difference is that the people with well bred, good cutting cocks with ability get a great majority of the wins.
    Last edited by jemm65; June 11th, 2016 at 02:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, having a line with ability, health, pointed, and I can't say enough about conditioning. One can actually make a cock quicker and last longer and not hesitate. Some cockers have a knack with these things, taking time and effort to do it and accomplish good % overall.

19. Likes Mossy Dell, jemm65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just the tip........

So in that.. it's a 50/50 chance..and yes a flea market fowl can be winners to.

Jessie I understand what your saying. But the odds are rarely 50/50. Even if it is not a flea market bird. I believe if you sat beside me at a meet I could lay you 50-40 all day and make money. Back when legal of coarse. Back in the good ole days when I was real hot an old gambler would lay 2-1 on me every time I stepped in the pit. I asked him why he did that that I couldn't even get a bet on my own cock. He just said business, I'm making money.

Post Thanks / Like

Right on bud.... You mite then again you mite not too.. Mites also live on a chickens a** too..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jemm65 View Post
    it’s always a 50/50 chance in any fight. lol. the only difference is that the people with well bred, good cutting cocks with ability get a great majority of the wins.
    Well if it was a 50/50 chance, then by definition they would not get a great majority of the wins. They would only get 50%. If you have every aspect of breeding and conditioning and pit management going right and increase your odds to 90% over someone with poor roosters, poor conditioning, poor health, poor knife tying, etc. then 9 times out of 10 you should win. That still leaves that 1 time out of 10 for that hail mary miracle shot that can happen but the fight was still not 50/50 even on that one time.

23. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes Mossy Dell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Right on bud.... You mite then again you mite not too.. Mites also live on a chickens a** too..

If you stop and listen maby you will learn something if not keep donating if you are around long enough have a good day !!!!

25. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if it was a 50/50 chance, then by definition they would not get a great majority of the wins. They would only get 50%. If you have every aspect of breeding and conditioning and pit management going right and increase your odds to 90% over someone with poor roosters, poor conditioning, poor health, poor knife tying, etc. then 9 times out of 10 you should win. That still leaves that 1 time out of 10 for that hail mary miracle shot that can happen but the fight was still not 50/50 even on that one time.
    let me explain what i mean. just one fight. sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. sometimes losing not because the opponent has a better bird but because of another factor-LUCK( it’s the equalizer). the object has always been about stacking the odds in your favor. that’s what i believe in.... better breeding ,style,cutting, conditioning,health,gameness,tying etc. with equal amount of luck you’ll come out ahead.

27. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes Steel Wings, SouthArk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

let me explain what i mean. just one fight. sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. sometimes losing not because the opponent has a better bird but because of another factor-LUCK( itís the equalizer). the object has always been about stacking the odds in your favor. thatís what i believe in.... better breeding ,style,cutting, conditioning,health,gameness,tying etc. with equal amount of luck youíll come out ahead.

All valid points ..looks like we learned something from this

Post Thanks / Like

There are some people that have more luck than others..................

30. Likes springwater, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jajajajajajaja

Post Thanks / Like

let me explain what i mean. just one fight. sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. sometimes losing not because the opponent has a better bird but because of another factor-LUCK( it’s the equalizer). the object has always been about stacking the odds in your favor. that’s what i believe in.... better breeding ,style,cutting, conditioning,health,gameness,tying etc. with equal amount of luck you’ll come out ahead.
    A fine, well bred and well taken care of rooster increases my odds and MAKES my luck.

33. Likes springwater liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

at one time there was plenty of good fowl at the Quinlan trade days flea market, won plenty of fights with flea market chickens, don't get me wrong there were plenty of junk to, back in the good days plenty of us chicken folk sit there just to hang out and talk chickens and do some swapping. Haven't been there in years but last I heard is its dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Short story about trade day roosters. In 1983 I went to Georgia to Mike Rattliff's school. I and my father were pretty good clockers, just trying to be better. Any way the first day there we went and bout 6-7 cocks or stags. We wormed them and deloused them and put them in our keep. We went again and bought 5-6 cocks a few days before the end of the keep. We had a fight the day before our derby day. Every cock we had worked and conditioned won. It was a very good education.

36. Likes Mossy Dell, danitor, KevinG, SouthArk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    A fine, well bred and well taken care of rooster increases my odds and MAKES my luck.
    unfortunately we donít have any control over Luck nor can we make Luck. but you sure can increase your odds and thus come up with more wins. it doesnít matter how much we stack the odds but if Unlucky the result is a disaster. happened to me once or twice. fis

38. Likes Skincarver, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Every cull will have its day to shine

Post Thanks / Like

Every cull will have its day to shine

Inside a pressure cooker. lol. thatís where a cull belongs.

41. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jessie Martin;4777661]Jajajajajajaja

Bunny hugger who thought since this site talks about cocks, he'd try and pick up on some.