Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: weakness of sweater

Post Thanks / Like

weakness of sweater

gentlemen,may u share your observations bout d sweater,is there any weaknesses that we breeders would like to improve,in what area?

Post Thanks / Like
    A well conditioned off beat style fowl can beat a sweater. Calculating, side stepping from its opponent and speedy type fowl can also counter a mutiple cutting sweater. Just an opinion

wickedfroggie
    Excellent Grounder birds like Albanies and Blacks

Post Thanks / Like
    what i mean here guys is there weakness that ought to be improve,is it speed? power ?station?timing?I think sweater has it all.What is lacking?

Post Thanks / Like

cutting and gameness

for me it would be Cutting Ability and Gameness. It takes a sweater many shuffles/hits to kill an opponent. Compare that to one to two buckles a claret or a roundhead needs to end a fight. Gameness, because I've seen sweaters even in top competition quits a fight or refuse to peck on dead opponents. Just my opinion

wickedfroggie
    Sweater Weakness: depends whre you get them, but i would like to improve there ground and gameness.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the thrill of cockfighting, after all these years of breeding, line breding, cross breeding, out breeding, breeding out, inbreeding, breeding in, and any other forms of breeding and blending , nobody has ever come up with a perfect breed of roosters that won all its fights.

wickedfroggie
    There are some excellent birds but its natural to win and lose some TORNADO BLACKS, one of the best birds, they are deadly air or ground and known to be sweater killers.
    No matter how good they are, they still lose some , part of the sport f

Post Thanks / Like
    My observation is that Sweaters practically have everything. Beauty, power, speed, agility but unfortunately they are poor cutters. It takes a hell lot of licks before they can cut the other bird dead. Take time to review all Intenational Derby videos and you will find it out.

Spangle

"In Sweaters, there are no one hit wonders."

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    cutting accuracy

Post Thanks / Like

sweater weakness

After watching 2004 WSD, maybe 75% or more birds are sweaters or some crosses. I noticed that in the drag fight some of them tend to quit or lose gameness on the long drawn-out fight. Is it because of the consanguinity breebing that we're d oing? Due to its known popularity, maybe we are overdoing it.Not an expert on genetics,just an opinion, so i say, "Gameness" needs improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

1. if it is not reared right
    2. if not conditioned and not fed right

i actually think these sweaters are easy to rear, they can be very game and can throw on the fan!

i am not very surprised why there is a lot of followers and takers!

unless we talk about roundheads!

SPANISH GATE
    what i heard from known breeder is that sweaters here are produced of wrong breeding they used battle cross of sweater not the pure one...thats why gameness is the missing factor of sweaters here..... :lol:

mundo

sweaters....

sweaters...are sweat...they are cold..maybe here in our area...they lack stamina for long hours fight..they are not as strong and as accurate as butchers...sometimes they're one blow cant kill..not like the blacks that are so strong and the accuracy of greys..

just my own observation....holla

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweater are nice looking birds... I want to share few pics of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another sweater

Post Thanks / Like
    and another sweater

Post Thanks / Like
    and the 4rt sweater.. this will be my entry this coming weekend for a 4 cock derby... next week, i will let you know the games and weakness of pure sweaters.

nicecut
    LACK OF CUTTING ACCURACY.....

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, sweaters lack that 1 BIG PUNCH! or they lack the power to kill an opponent in few blows, so if evr you want to fight a sweater, you might as well "sweat it out" or "sweat him out" in your preparation..

keepthem fighting guys, we just love the way they out - shuffle their opponents!!!

gamay

everybody

everybody is saying that the sweater(yl) lacks power i agree but have anyone of u seen a green legged spar???? it has the power that the yellow legged sweater lacks maybe they have more of that hatch blood in them compare to the ylsweaters thats probably the reason why they also come gl. just my humble opinnion.

JRL/TAMBAL

BOTIONG
    in my experience in many farm that was been visited and watching their fighting ability in ALABAMA, KENTUCKY,OKLAHOMA,TENNESE HERE IN USA.a would say that sweater when he deliver the blow to their opponent from the mid air to the ground is very strong and quick to the give a multiple punch and flick..... . i could say the sweater blood . not all are the same fighting style why... there is some breeders breed their sweater to other blood line.did you see some sweater are dark color. and some pumkin orange, there is white in their tail and wing .thats a real the pure sweater blood.the origin of the sweater from hatch kelso blond...and the were infuse a little bit some bloodline to pump the sweater up ..

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only a DF Sweater cock. Ive seen power cocks before and this DF Sweater cock is one of them. In a sparring match with a Butcher, one flick to the neck had the Butcher eat dust. In another sparring match with my Albany, the DF played groundfighter and slug it out. A quick flick to the chest had my Albany gasping for breath. I cannot generalize because I dont have access to other Sweater blends....

BOTIONG
    you know most people holding the pure sweater BLOOD, that have one it all.. they would never give to every one. mostly the selfish one .. BUT THERE IS SOME HONEST. may be got you a wrong way to take it ..i will just give some advice to buy pure sweater anywhere ..you should spar first before you decide to get it up.there is white in their tail and wing .,short body shape and round , small head p comb.they fight ofensive defensive fighting style,strong,quick. UP AND GROUND......even here in US.most of the farm that i had been everytime ..they have sweater blood from junny jumper,dink,barnet,carol,macginiss,most of thier sweater ..have a pretty good power when he show me ...thats why Ive had a pretty much experience about sweater in here...even in WSC...THEY ARE USING SWEATER ..NO DOUT ABOUT IT...MOST OF PEOPLE HEARD SWEATER THEY COULD ACT..BUT SOME NOT PURE THERE IS TOO MANY CROSS BLOOD IN THEM ..AND THEY COULD BRING THE POPULARITY OF THE SWEATER BLOOD..

Post Thanks / Like
    me and Sugbo have the same opinion with DF Sweater ( $5000 line ) mind came from one known breeder here in Luzon sometime i had a chance to spar this fowl much bigger with him and he always dictate the tempo of sparring with combination of speed and power...

BOTIONG
    may be they got a wrong sweater blood .basically you got the sweater blood dawn there .ive never trust, mostly cross ..even anywhere if you didnt know how to select a real sweater .you could not get it....not from origin .thats why .the breeder the you are mentioned did a bad material being use that why you say about your experience .we cant blame it to you . try to search about it..try to watch in international derby from real breeder .like nene araneta pure sweater.try to check their sweater how to figth .

suejselbor_007
    All these talks about Sweaters, how good they are or they got it all are all craps and bunks. They're only as good as the next win like any other famous bloodline before them. When the start losing then they will go too. Remember the old Hulseys and the Rubles they were once the IT bloodline but look at them now. X-cept for a few appearances they are seldom seen. Most Breeders now used them only for infusing on there bloodline but seldom fight them. Any bloodline can be a champion it all defend on luck and its about 99.9% and the rest is divided among the other factors like gameness, natural talent and so forth.
    For me I'll picked my old Racey Mug with 25% hatch on it against any Sweaters anytime anyplace or anywhere. They have gave me a lifetime 70% winning percentage consistently. So much for Sweaters.:lol:

talisayon/balaw

sweaters....

sweaters and jackets....hehehehe... i love the underdog... i love them win....:lol: there's too many sweaters out there...and some of them bows to my greys....hehehehe....

well...in the real cockfighting world..no cock is invincible if you fight them...one day he will met his match...sweater is a handsome cock like vin diesel...xxx...but they lost too...and so many infuse blood in them...even if its not sweater and look like one..they will say its sweater...because its the trend nowadays...next decade...you will say black is beautiful....:rbounce:

William Branum

The only thing I have seen that the Sweaters needed

The only thing I have seen through the years that the Sweaters needed was an infusion of some good Roundhead blood or good Griffen Claret blood. This combination seems to work very well here in the Southeast U.S. A. where I live. They have it all, fantastic accurate body cutting and smart enough to size up an oponate before rushing in for a ground kill. And an un believable desire to win. Try all the crosses you want to but I betcha you will find the ones I mentioned will be the best. Just my opinion.

ducati 916
    Sweaters are nothing but Kelso Roundheads.......story being hyped by infusion of hatch blood and so on and so forth.