View Poll Results: WHAT IS THE REASON WHY OUR GAMECOCK CAN'T CUT DURING THE BATTLE OF THEIR LIFE ?

Voters
435. You may not vote on this poll
  • IS IT TOO MUCH SUGAR IN THEIR DIET

9 2.07%
  • OVER EXERCISING DURING CONDITIONING

125 28.74%
  • ROOST POLES IN FLYPEN TOO HIGH

0 0%
  • CONFINEMENT IN SMALL COOPS

21 4.83%
  • THE KNIFE IS NOT ALIGN PROPERLY

54 12.41%
  • OR THEY JUST DON'T HAVE IT ( CUTTING ABILITY )

226 51.95%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Type Of Green/blue Legged Hatch Game Fowl Do You Prefer For Longknife?

buhawi

Which Type Of Green/blue Legged Hatch Game Fowl Do You Prefer For Longknife?

1. MCLEAN
    2. LEIPER
    3. BLUEFACE
    4. GILMORE
    5. GAVILAN

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like

gilmore hatch

bloodlline used for crossing by bm i recent wsc

thundercock

Mine is

Not in the list though, but mine is the Hulsey Florida Hatch....

Thundercock

jmmparaiso
    Green legged Hatch?

Mine is Col. Givens Hatch "The Flying Hatch".

Juls
    http://www.geocities.com/juliusparadise/Julspar.html

thief pirate

my opinion only ... based on experience

blueface x kelso = sweater killers

wickedfroggie
    I'll go Mclean hatch, since all my stags from my mclean hatch won already. Second generation is coming hoping they will do the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mc Lean---fast , high-breaking and deadly cutter...

gamay

GILMORE

also have lieper and doc. robinson green legged hatch but i think the gilmores are better suited for the LK . you could fight them straight.

buhawi

correct me if i am wrong

is it true that gilmore hatch are heavy on the leiper side?some says the dark red featherings of gilmore hatch are mainly from leiper side which is the dark side of original hatch.mclean being the lighter side.mr. mclean and mr. leiper acquired their initial hatch breeding material from mr. hatch.mr. mclean bred the lighter side and mr. leiper bred his preference of darker side of hatch.mr.lum gilmore had also the preference like mr. leiper.bred also the dark type of hatch.
    some says that all modern hatch are just offshoots of bluface hatch created by mr. sweater mcginnis.they say all modern day hatch has some little amount of blood of sweater mcginnis blueface hatch.
    anybody knows if col. givens hatch were from gilmore hatch stock?needs further information.

gamay

buhawi

thats the main reason why i choose gilmore over the lieper coz the liepers or my lieper cock in my opinnion are grounder not too match of a flyer but my gilmore on the other hand could get up there it's probably because of the cross to another hatch bloodline that created the gilmores

JRL/TAMBAL

buhawi

preng gamay

appreciate your inputs pre.will try to look for good source of this gilmore line.

what i like about leipers are their smashing hitting power and their very good solid wide body built.medyo nasa groundfighter nga sila.i only need them as crossbreeding materials to high flying objects like kelsos and roundheads to create 2 way battlecrosses.

gamay

buhawi

your absolutely right w/ur discription of a lieper and our intention are not that far apart i'll be crossing mine to a roundhead , kelso , greys and radio and maybe as experimental purposes back to my gilmore?????? hope it works ! thanks

JRL/TAMBAL

city of naga (visit the site: http://spartas.webs.com)
    Post Thanks / Like
    gamay,

you mentioned to your previous postings that you have also, doc robinson, any good traits with this bloodline and how did you cross this? I am just curious coz I have mine also but I haven't got a perfect match for this one. Hope you can give me some hint

Post Thanks / Like

the col. givens hatch

came from harold browns mclean hatch

Post Thanks / Like
    col. givens hatch are the old time harold brown mclean hatch bred by the col. to the darker color or leiper traits. When spangles started coming out, Harold Brown repeatedly tried to convince col. givens to hide and destroy the spangles. But most of the spangles turned out to be a more better fighter than the reds so the col. kept them. This is only from what I heard from others. My sincerest apology if I made a mistake here. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

The best Green-legged Hatch

I'd say that the best Hatch for the LK is the High-Action Hatch of late Mami Lacson (his blending of Harold Brown's McLean). This is still winning in the big fights. Also do include the Oakgrove Hatch (green-legged) Boy Diaz has revived his Hatches with this line. His Blacks are actually Half (green-legged) Oakgroves.

Bhobhot
    Black Macrea + Manzel Blueface=Killer of Sweater

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, I prefer Mclean Hatch for LK, but u forgot to mention, Ruble Hatches, good smart birds, that can cut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ill go with Leipers.....My Hatch Blood consist of Mostly Leiper With a Touch of Old Buck Stansell Hatch aswell......ill tell ya they are some of the grimmiest,gamest,Hardest fighting little GL roosters ive ever laid my eyes on Very Decnet cutting ability and know how to point a heel thats for sure

gamay

thoi

the green legged doc i had were in my opinnion grounder which my father cross to a kelso (jumper) hen and some hulsey greys i like the cross to the greys better they turned out to be more of a complete battlecock and both cross did pretty well . good luck w/urs

JRL/TAMBAL

jason rosario
    I prefer gilmore hatch especially when cross with lacy rh best for long knife

doongan
    mclean hatch fo LK.can fight them pure and win.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

THOI 73

PROVEN CROSS IN OUR YARD DOC ROBINSON CROSS TO ALBANY , AWESOME FIGHTING MACHINE OUT OF 25 21 WIN 2 DRAWS AND 2 LOSS.

Post Thanks / Like

BEST GLH

The best green legged Hatch birds I have ever seen for lk are Oscar Akins green legs.

25. Likes kickin_chicken liked this post
    city of naga (visit the site: http://spartas.webs.com)
    Post Thanks / Like
    James,

I will try mine if it that pair is compatible, anyway, would I know the history of doc robinson cocks. Would you mind sharing something?

Post Thanks / Like
    The authentic Gavilan hatches

GreenLegRed

GREEN LEG HATCH

LIEPER AND/OR MCLEAN PO ang vote ko !

...but ofcourse they are all welcome to my yard just like any other dark leg fowl.

Green Legs

Post Thanks / Like

Leiper hatch

Fastest kill I've seen is a Leiper hatch. He gave a very powerful shot on the air, when it got to the ground it shuffled like no tomorrow dragging the other cock to the edge of the pit and it was over.

ellisgamefowl
    The fastest gl hatch I've ever owned was the gavilen hatch . They break good and shuffle like a tornado . I think they are well suited for lk competition .

Post Thanks / Like
    I like My Mcleans the best . I have Blueface , And Leiper also but ability wise my Mcleans are beter when shown pure in LK.

They will break to the lights and drive an apponent to the ground
    they are smart fighting fowl that can adapt to any fighting style .

all my hatch blood hit very hard but the Mcleans cut beter . they have won a high percentage for us and are my favorite Hatch blood .

They come 99% green legged this year I got one that came Yellow legged but I still consider them a dark legged Hatch family.

Mcleans all the way babby.