Thread: harold brown leipers

gabriel23

harold brown leipers

does somebody knows where did harold brown aquired his leiper blood from?

james wolf
    from the originator, but the red fox leiper is a cross with mcclean

Post Thanks / Like
    James is right. Red fox leiper is crossed with Mclean. The Leiper is darker red in color and the lemonhackle on the Mclean side.

gabriel23
    so he got the leiper blood from mr Leiper?

Post Thanks / Like

Red Fox Hatch

This is what I read. . . Harold Brown got a cock from Ted McLean which he bred to Leiper hens that actually came from Roy Greer. He bred towards the McLean side 'til it was 7/8. So yes he had Leiper Hatches but it wasn't straight from Mr. Leiper.

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice info cockmates

moncolumida

just asking?

does red fox game farm have black feathered, black legged hens? if yes, what are the bloodlines.

thanks for the info....

mon

Post Thanks / Like

Red Fox Fowl

Gentlemen,

I suggest contacting Ray Alexander if you want information on any of Harold Brown's breeding. Ray was very close to Harold and still maintains the Leiper strain of Harold's.

This past year we sent him 3 Leiper pullets to infuse with the Harold blood and the offspring are very nice looking.

Regards,

Tom

ghetto_grappler

Not sure on the BREED

I have go the original harold brown bloodline...I am not sure what the breed is but the roosters come dark red with dark legs.....sometimes they come out lemon hackle...if someone can tell me what harold brown line i might have it would be appreciated...All i know is that it is harold brown

Brokewing

Harold Brown Leipers

I assume to the Leipers probably came from Judge Leiper. In
    the Red Fox Farm website you can see the influence of the Leiper in the Harold Brown Hatch.

Harold Brown used many of the Leiper hens to cross with the McLean rooster that Ted McLean let Harold have, since Ted never let Harold have any of his Hatch hens. That is why the Harold Brown Hatch roosters come both dark red and some come lemon hackle. The hens come buff colored and dark brownish red because of the Leiper ancestry. This can be verified by reading the articles written by Harry Pharr, who was a close personal friend of Ted McLean.

Post Thanks / Like

red fox

what is red foxes website?

Brokewing

Harold Brown Leipers

Hillsiderz,

You can find the Red Fox Farm website by signing on to pitmaster.com, then select farms. I hope this gets you there.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: harold brown leipers

Here are the EAA Indian Greys. I fought 3 and scored 2W-1L. Here are the fight videos.

They are Harold Brown Leiper x Clam Digger Toppy Greys. They have their own style with awesome power and gameness.

Won against entry going for the championship. Watch the powerful blows and follow up blows.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/eaacowbo.../1/0WmSPGpmcao

Drag fight - won with a broken leg. The powerful blows in the first two buckles won it. With a broken leg, this cock was still pushing the fight. You cannot ask for more.
    Won against entry going for the championship.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/eaacowbo.../0/NVHIgjKKwE0
    Last edited by EAA Indians; March 12th, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a family of hatch,Larry Wilson of Two Ryders told me some call them red eyes some call them leipers,they came from a man in Tenn. by the name of Pete Smith,Harlod Brown also fought this family does anyone out there know this family?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians View Post
    Here are the EAA Indian Greys. I fought 3 and scored 2W-1L. Here are the fight videos.

They are Harold Brown Leiper x Clam Digger Toppy Greys. They have their own style with awesome power and gameness.

Won against entry going for the championship. Watch the powerful blows and follow up blows.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/eaacowbo.../1/0WmSPGpmcao

Drag fight - won with a broken leg. The powerful blows in the first two buckles won it. With a broken leg, this cock was still pushing the fight. You cannot ask for more.
    Won against entry going for the championship.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/eaacowbo.../0/NVHIgjKKwE0
    I like your last grey that went to the drag. Very powerful and game. Those are the type of fowl that make an owner proud.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lurena View Post
    I like your last grey that went to the drag. Very powerful and game. Those are the type of fowl that make an owner proud.
    I am a breeder instead of a bettor and this fight makes me stay in this sport.

Thanks.......eaa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel23 View Post
    does somebody knows where did harold brown aquired his leiper blood from?
    Correct me if I am wrong, I think the best person to ask is Larry Romero regarding this bloodlines.

Post Thanks / Like

harold bred for red fox leipers to mclean to make the REDFOX hatches but stated then he bred towards the leiper side that was his prefrence.

Post Thanks / Like

Bro Bloodsport, the member (forgot his name from U.S.) shared to us that HB source of his Leipers was Howard Suttles. HB was a master breeder, and probably created his own Leiper line by combining several Leiper bloodlines. This member has the Howard Suttles Leipers. Just read the Leiper threads and you will get his contact info.

My understanding is that Red Fox Farm and Joey Lacson Farm does not have the Harold Brown Leipers. Joey Lacson recently added the Graves Leipers.

An American cocker in the 1980's fought the HB Leiper x RH's and won the Araneta International Derby two consecutive years (and also won the Guam International Derby two consecutive years). This Harold Brown Leiper is identical to my Leiper line.

I have a problem breeding them in Pinas. I would like to fight them but I do not have the inventory.

The HB Leiper cross down to 1/4 is still very good. Please see the video (red gloves-1/4 Leiper)
    Very powerful...... in the first fraction of the video, the Kelso was sitting on his butt because the Leiper cross blow was so strong..... listen to pounding sound of his blows (and he is only a 1/4 HB Leiper). The HB Leipers are early maturing (at 5 months old, their mental alertness and sharpness is equal to over a year old).

http://www.youtube.com/user/eaacowbo...13/dDHx8s7XApg
    Last edited by EAA Indians; March 13th, 2011 at 03:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot sir for the information very much apprciciated. Your birds looks very promising. BTW, where is your farm sir? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

who breeds harold brown leipers

Post Thanks / Like

Bro Bloodsport, my farm is in Nueva Ecija.

Bro Calikid..... Those who have the Harold Brown Leipers are in hiding. It means they are calling their HBL another breed. One cocker said, when he visited the U.S. farms, he suspected the cock was a HBL cross but the owner calls it another breed. He noticed the HBx landed on the right leg and still managed to give another blow while the other cock had two legs on the ground - defenseless (the HBL got a free shot and the win).

Post Thanks / Like

You would have to start with Jimmy East Jr. or Rat Graves...Jimmy East got his from Harold Brown ....

Post Thanks / Like

I found the members from U.S. who have the Harold Brown Leipers. You can send them a PM or email.

Irishcutt
    1kneehigh

Good luck......eaa

Post Thanks / Like

Just sharing pix of my newly acquired Mclean (Leiper Influence) from ROCHELLE of RED FOX FARM. Thanks ROCHELLE for this beautiful stag.

Quote Originally Posted by Calikid_310 View Post
    who breeds harold brown leipers

Post Thanks / Like

me and my family have had harolds hatches since the 80's