Your reply is appreciated....

Agimat

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm . . . don't have much knowledge
    about jhonny jumper asils

let's hear from others

Post Thanks / Like
    heard they are the boles type..not so sure though...but i do know they are really expensive $1,500 a pair

Post Thanks / Like

JJ Asil

It is my understanding that the Asils that Johnny has are from Robby White.

Robby White Got his Asils from Les Melvill.

I talked with Les about this & he said that Robby got the Melvill Asils. The Melvills are a blend of Boles & Atkinsons.

Very few have the true Boles Asils.

Post Thanks / Like

JUMPER ASILS

JUMPER ASILS BELONG NATHAN JUMPER AND THEY WERE GIVEN TO HIM BY JAMES MC WHITE, HIS GRANDFATHER, SOME YEARS AGO.
    HE USES THE JHONNY JUMPER AD TO SELL HIS ASIL FOR $1500.OO A PAIR.
    I JUST READ IN ONE OF MY OLD GAMECOCK MAG. AND ARTICLE BY JAMES MC WHITE ON HOW HE GOT THEM FROM SOMEONE IN CALIFORNIA.

buhawi

not sure but

james mcwhite and les melvil knew each other or had close contact.tiny meneses got i think one of those half grey half asil that mcwhite used to win in sunset.

Post Thanks / Like

Les Melvill

Les is a good friend of mine & I will call him tonight & get the facts. I belive that Mac White also got them from Les.

james wolf
    a few yrs ago (2001 or 2) so tiny's greys from macwhite spar, good, i think the ones we saw spar were 1/4 asil, not ground fighters, they broke waist high or better, but not the fastest greys. i think tiny was going to breed down to 1/8 asil

Post Thanks / Like

The Asils that Jumper has

OK, I talked to Les & he said that Johnny got some from Robby White that were the Melvill Asils (Boles/Atkinson). Robby got them direct from Les. They were not PURE BOLES.

Mac white also got the Asills from Les Melvill & like Robby White, they were the Melvill Asils, not BOLES.

Nathan got them from Mac. They are Melvill Asils & not Boles.

I will ask Les but to the best of my knowledge, I am about the only one to get any PURE BOLES blood.

Les also asked me to get a copy of the add that Jumper has, advertising the Asils. Could some one that has it, e-mail me a copy of it.

He also said that if they are advertising PURE BOLES ASILS, that it is not true.

jimclemjr@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    the ad says: Nathan has Asils $1,500 a pair..in a box inside the jumper ad..thats it, no pictures of the asils and they dont say what kind...the month before they were advertised at $2,000 a pair...this is in grit and steel magazine

buhawi
    in one of tiny meneses email to me he suggested getting wilton thibodeux rampuri asil.anybody knows where and what state wilton comes from?loussianna?
    what are the traits and fighting style of wilton`s rampuri asil?
    what about martin ytuarte`s asil?could someone share infos about them?
    many thanks.

El Espaņol
    We have some Rampuri Asils that we aquired from Mike Romulo. I am really happy with them. They fight as do most asils with calculated precision. They cross well with red browns and hatch blood. They are steel game too.

Oh, I am pretty sure that I have seen that Mr. Thibodeux is from Louisianna also man. I have been told the same thing about his Rampuri blood............to get some.

Warm Regards,

buhawi

DANNY GIBSON,GATOR CREEK GAMEFARM

is currently offering one of his pure rampuri bred asil.

thanks a lot el espanol for the great infos about rampuri asil.
    Attached Images Attached Images

city of naga (visit the site: http://spartas.webs.com)
    Post Thanks / Like
    the looks of the asil in thepicture is most likely the same physical feature as the asil in the brookspoint in palawan, the parawakan of the late mitra.

Post Thanks / Like

buhawi

wilton is in virginia, tiny got some black rampuri
    sometimes in 2000 and my brother got one of
    their brother a throw back red tiny left to wilton

here's pic
    http://web.tri-isys.com/louisianagamefowls/asi.html

buhawi

DANNY GIBSON,GATOR CREEK GAMEFARM

this rampuri/pakistani cross of danny gibson is solid like a rock.he is also selling this.

juan sabungero,that`s one great asil you`ve got.nice.

Post Thanks / Like

correction

i check my papers and confirmed wilton thibodeaux is from louisiana
    (april 2000 shipped thru romy arciaga pickup at fred cruz house)

Post Thanks / Like

TONIO

Thanks for your reply. Everybody says that they are calling them Pure Boles & that kinda bothered Les.

Thank you for straightning this out. I will let him know.

This is a pure Boles Asil. The Boles & the Melvills are the best Asil blood in the world, bar none.

bamablack

Boles Asils

Jim,

From what I understand the only person that I know that really got the pure boles asils was stan abshire. I know that bob and les were good friends and had a falling out. I know that les melvilles are carrying at best 1/2 the pretty boy blood of bobby's.
    Bobby's wife susan was raised in anitoch,alabama about 3 miles from my house. On visits with her family to alabama her and bobby would go visit with larry lingerfelt a good friend of mine. Bobby even offered larry the pure asils at one time.

From the letters and information that I obtained from larry. Les breed one of the atkinson hens to the asils pretty boy cock. Larry has bobbys' history of gamestrains that was given to bobby by his parents when he was 11 years of age. The book is signed by bobby boles before bobby pasted away.

From the information that susan gave to larry, the only person to have gotten the pure ones was just a couple of people. I know that jumper and bob howard tryed to buy them, but bobby would not sell them. I believe but not for sure that Robby white might have got some. But for a fact I know that the only pure ones were given to stan abshire. When susan was in the hospital and very sick, stan took carry of the fowl for them. When she got to doing better, stan came over and susan gave him a hen and bobby gave him a rooster. These were the pure boles asils, this is the story that susan told larry on the ones that bob let go. I know since then that larry said that matt mcdaniel gave stan a couple thousand for a pair. Larry has the asils that came from matt mcdaniel. Susan said that if they were any pure ones out there it would have to be of the stan abshire line or the mcdaniel line.

This is the story and the information obtained from susan, I am sure that alot of people are claiming the pure boles, in fact alot of people are claiming them, but the truth is that most of the asils were killed per bobbys request went he passed away. Larry Lingerfelt has pictures of the pure boles line, they are very big boned, will climb to the lights with any fowl. Well, I hope this years, I sure wish I had the boles asil, but I don't, I have the melvilles that were obtained from martin ytuarte, these are good asils.

Sincerely,
    Darryl Yates (John 3:16)
    2070 county road 92
    Rainsville, Alabama 35986
    Phone 1-256-638-2645
    email baby35771@yahoo.com

buhawi
    tiny meneses is one of the authority in philippine asil breeding faculty.he once mentioned a book entitled "ASIL MANIA".i think the book still cost $200.the book suggested to breed asils to brownreds as they usually nick or blend so well.

antonio hidalgo once beat richard bates using his phantomline which was a mixture of asil/brownred.

tiny got his wingates brownred from michael middleton and bred this to boles asil he acquired from matt mcdaniel.tiny would spend everything just to get what he wanted when it would come to breeding the best asil line.the crossbreeding according to tiny produced terrific fighters.they are fast and accurate .tiny said when they hit they would always find their mark,amazing cutting accuracy.
    unfortunately they are not derby size for philippine longknife purpose.they crossbredfowl boles/brownred are heavy and a bit large.............and ugly:lol:

they say just like japs they blend well with brownreds.as jim says,japs/brownreds are one of the best hipshot shooters.

jim,that 2 year old sam gowdy japs you got looks mighty awesome......solid as a rock........had the money i wouldn`t think twice of getting it.still saving more to get one from you my friend.cause i know you got the real quality stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Darryl

Glad to see that some one knows a bit about these birds. I just read your post to Les over the phone. He said you are almost 100% correct.

Les got the pure Boles from Bobby in the early 70s. He also gave Les some eggs which Les hatched out. This was kept quiet because Bobby just did not let his fowl out.

Les also aquired the trio from Mcdaniel.

The original cock from Mcdaniel just died about a month ago but the two original hens are still alive.

As a matter of fact, the Boles cock in the picture of my post is out of the cock from Mcdaniel & one of the hens making him PURE BOLES.

As far as Robby White goes, Les said that Bobby never let Robby get any. The ones that Robby White got were from Les & were not the pure Boles. They were the Melvill Asils.

Les has been sick for a couple of weeks but is feeling better now. He said he will write a letter for me to post.

He visited Susan right up until a month befor she past on.

As far as the falling out between Bobby & Les I will say this & let Les say more if he would like. The way I understand it, Bobby, befor he past on, he got sick & was not mentally 100% & did get help for it.

One last thing. You are right, the Melvills are very good, as good as they get.

Post Thanks / Like

Buhawi

One of these days I may just send you one of them Japs.

We won a show with Asil/Brownreds. First ones I have shown.\

They are very good also.

Pic is of a 1/2 Asil/1/2 Brownred that was in the show. AWESOME

buhawi
    man,he`s got nice solid body.

paulajay

oh! boy a lot of story about the legend...

it seems so many variation on the Legend Bobby Boles,

how about the Late Ramon Mitra, i heard from a friend that he gifted by the man himself a grey cock. cross between boles and atkinson. then alter followed by a black pullet which then seirge buy from bobby. seirge is a Neighborhood of this guy in Cali.

how true is the true.?

hope to shed some light on this issue.

i'm enjoying this post!!!

Pj

Post Thanks / Like
    It is interesting to see all of the Boles blood available right??? My partner grew up just down the road from Bobby Boles and will be quick to tell you that HE JUST DIDNT LET THOSE ASILS OUT..... Never say never. But i guess that is the way it goes once someone passes away, every claims to have gotten fowl from someone to sell once they are not around to tell the other story.

Colt, do you know a Speedy Gonzalez of Oroville, CA.??? He has menioned those Melville Asils to me. Seems he used to talk to Les when he lived out this way.

Post Thanks / Like

the type of knifes bobby boles fought

we all heard bobby boles got his winning spree that makes
    him famous. anybody knows what knifes those fights were?
    (gaff, short knike, long knife or others and the ratio if you got
    the details)

thanks

bamablack

bamablack

short and long heel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben

You are right. I see people selling the Boles Asils all the time & I am sure that they are full of it.

As far as Les goes, I am sure he has them. He has no reason to lie. He does not sell or even brag on it.

As far as I am concerned, Les Melvill has the best Asils I have ever seen. So it does not matter if he calles them Boles or Melvill or Dunghill, they producer winning birds.

Post Thanks / Like

bamablack

when you say short and long heel what specific heel do you refer to?
    did he fought more on gaff and short knifes. any info on these?

thanks