Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Shufflers

ellisgamefowl

Black Shufflers

Does anyone know anything about the history of the black shufflers ? Where did they come from ? Is anyone fighting them in the Philippines ? Who has the old lines pure ?

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmmmm . . .

this is an old line isn't it ? my first time to heart black shufflers
    nice to hear from someone. maybe wildfoot can share with us.

ellisgamefowl
    They must be a very old line Juan . I don't know of anyone who still has them . The reason I'm interested in them is because I found out that the Robinhoods are a cross of hatch and black shuffler . I thought they were brownreds .

The Robinhoods come light hackled with green legs and almost black , black face , eyes , legs , with black and brown hackle feathers .

I'd like to get ahold of the old shufflers that come solid black , they're wicked looking .

I hope someone can enlighten us .

sawala
    i heard of wisconsin shuffler, is it the same line?

ellisgamefowl
    I don't know Sawala , can you post a picture of them ?

All I know about them is that they are half the makeup of the robinhoods , which originated in Oklahoma . I'm not even sure who originated them , I've heard conflicting stories about where they originated .

My partner Chris brought the robinhoods back from Oklahoma , he got them from a guy named Bob , don't know his last name . From his understanding Bob made them . But a person from Oklahoma told me that Rich Etchison made the robinhoods .

Chris also brought back a pure shuffler from Bob but he isn't as black as some of the robinhood stags come . We tried to breed him two years but I guess he isn't fertle because we didn't get any to hatch out from him . I know it's not the hens . He's awesome thou , he's won three fights in the gaff . Two was in the first pitting and the other fight he got a throat rattle but coughed it up and went on to win again . Were going to try to breed him one more time this fall , is there anything I can do to help his fertility ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have some of this line in the Philippines. Not pure, probably 3/4 Black shuffler and 1/4 Blue Face hatch. I got the materials from Rudy Barraca of Vallejo, CA in 1988. Good on the if 3 way cross but not good when almost pure. I only used them 1/4 thru 1/3 but I hardly breed them anymore due to lack of interest on this lines.

mr suwabe
    interesting fowls !

daryl ramos
    There are real good Black shufflers at ,Smiths gamefowl farm .
    There solid black, and got the perfect style for the LK.
    I ran some of these black birds on my yard in Hawaii. I Won alot with them pure and crossed with Bates Greys. They came out black/grey in color. THese shufflers break high and are very fast they can reach a mile and shuffle hard with power! I dont know how they are as stags since i fought all my birds at 3 years old ,They are not easy to kill when aged !
    I think that the shufflers from Smiths are worth the $!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Johnny Moore Black Shuffler !

They were advertising this type of fowl, Black Shufflers, for several years in the Gamecock Mags, been interested to inquire about it but the number they put in the ads has been changed and since then cant get hold of them, with his partner Jay "Bulldog" Bullard, i think their farm is called something like "Triple J".

____jerry____
    M Farm - DPL

Post Thanks / Like

Black Shufflers

Howard Knisley of Kansas still breeds them pure. Andrew G. from Kansas has the same blood also.

Charles Alonzo
    Ellis,
    What is this black shuffler to you?you stated in the thread "Bloodline Controversy"you're not relying on bloodline.....

ellisgamefowl
    posted 12-28-2005 11:36 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I took it as ........
    Don't rely on the name of a bloodline but rather pick your fowl from their pit performance . Even if they're called yellow bellied coward dunghills , as long as they put the W's on the board .
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've change your mind about bloodlines and now interested in Black Shufflers, get in touch with Richard Bates, He recently won a big time derby using BLACKS.

simplisity68
    i got my pair from chuck canady hes an old timer once from oregon but hes from okla. blck shufflers and blck travellers check out my album

Post Thanks / Like
    Ellis,

I know alittle about the Robinhoods, not all of it, but I will share what I know. Richard Earl Etchison's father made the Robinhoods. I can't remember his first name. I do know that they contained Hatch and Tombstone Brownreds. They may also had shuffler added. Robinhood was the Etchisons entry name so the cocks they fought were called that. Richard Earl tied the knife for me when we fought Mid America. Sonny Wilson of Mexia Farms had these black fowl from Richard. I sure Richard still has them and I Know three brothers that have the blacks.

Mike

Arctic gamefowl
    I HAVE A PIERCE SHUFFLER ANF BLACK SHUFFLER IN THE PHILIPPINES, THEY ARE VERY FAST AND THEY ARE MORE IN THE BOTTOM WHEN THEY FIGHT.

sawala
    http://www.sabong.net.ph/gallery/sho...t=1&thecat=998

check out the gallery/link of Davymax with his Pierce/Wisconsin shuffler stag...

Post Thanks / Like
    In 1980, Richard Etchieson (the son) came to the Philippines to participate in a major 8 cock derby and he brought with him mostly brownred type which he said were Hatch-Shufflers. They were medium-stationed fowl, average cutters and somewhat aggressive. Mr. Etchieson scored about 50% with these dark fowl largely because he had them quite sharp on fight day.

Mr. Etchieson also fought 3 straight Hatch cocks all of which won impressively, at least two of them in 1 fly. The Philippine cockers then took serious notice of these straight Hatch cocks and they were subsequently bred and sired good fowl for many years. Mr. Etchieson said these Hatch fowl had been bred by their family since the 1960s and were a blend of Hatch acquired from Billy Ruble before he went into the penitentiary as well as Hatch from Frank Steele. These Hatch cocks were peacombed greenlegged dark reds and medium to high stationed. When linebred, these original Hatch cocks produced both straight and peacombed offspring and consistently produced high breaking and accurate cutting offspring of the single stroke type. These Hatch fowl were quite suited to the long knife.

To my knowledge, Mr. Etchieson never sent straight Hatch hens to the Philippines so whatever Etchieson Hatch blood remains in the Philippines was bred from those original 3 superb cocks.

I would like to know if Mr. Etchieson or anyone continues to breed this Hatch family in the U.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Black Shufflers

Doyle Watson of Steel Magnolia has them from Chet Laine. Acquired some Shuffler cross to his Roundheads from Doyle......will try them this May.

Spangle

Post Thanks / Like
    This may be of interest. The Tombstone Brownreds were made from Blue leg Pierce Shuffler and Wingate with a dash of Asil.

ellisgamefowl
    Charles , I started this tread sometime back when I was trying to dig up info. on my Robinhoods . It was just out of curoisity . I'm not interested in anyone elses fowl , just the history of mine . Thanks for the info. though .

This will be my last post for awhile . I'm dealing with some personal issues and won't have access to a computer . I'd like to say thanks to sabong.net for this site . I've made alot of new friends the past year . Maybe when things get straightened out I'll get another computer and join you all again . I'll be putting my mailing address on my web-page so if any of you would like to talk , send me a letter . I'll be glad to hear from you . God Bless .

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

black shufflers

Hello everyone. I aquired a couple of black shuffler pullets last year. Does anyone have information on this bloodline. The orgin, there fighting style. What mating would go good with them. Any information you guys can give me will be appricated. Thanks.

KILLBILLY

Re: black shufflers

What I know of Black Shufflers is limited. I owned a blk shuffler cock at one time that was later killed by coon. they are big strong birds. Could be shown pure or crossed. A friend of mine still using them.

A good cross would be a nie peacomb hatch.

KILLBILLY

Here is some info ........ I DID NOT WRITE THIS JUST COPY PASTE FOR HISTORICAL PURPSES.

Wisconsin Shuffler make up

In 1887 Dudley Pierce bought a stag and two pullets from Mr. F. W. McDougall of Indianapolis, Ind., McDougal wrote Dudley when shipping the trio saying that they were his strain of New Macks. The stag was a deep red with a very dark face, the pullets very dark brown bodies with red hackles. In 1889, Dudley decided to purchase more chickens and chose Col. G. Perk Huddleston, of Lebanon, Tenn. He purchased three stags, a dominique, a blue-red Gladiator and a red, a half cork Irish and half Seven Strain Inside Red. Dudley did well with these birds and decided to visit the Colonel and stayed there two weeks talking chickens and learning all he could from the old gentleman. Dudley was very keen on Huddleston's Cork Irish, especially a little cock Huddleston had over one of his brood yards. Dudley wanted this cock badly and finally persuaded the old gentleman to let him have the cock for thirty dollars which was a pile of money in those days to pay for a chicken. Dudley brought this cock home with several others and mated him with the two McDougal New Mack hens. From this mating Dudley raised a nice bunch of stags which he placed on walks and then as cocks in 1890 Dudley fought them in his first main against a combination of local parties and won easily. This particular mating was the original foundation of Wisconsin Red Shufflers. The following season Dudley bred the New Mack stag that he purchased from McDougal over the three half Seven Strain Inside Red, half Cork Irish hens from Huddleston and again was rewarded with good offspring. At that particular time Dudley was looking for a name to call his birds. He asked Mr. Charles Fose, whose stable was used to condition Dudley's birds, what he should call them to which Mr. Fose replied, "Call them Wisconsin Red Shufflers," and right then and there the name was definitely decided upon.

KILLBILLY

CONTINUED........
    Then in 1892 Dudley purchased a Denny Mahoney Gull cock. He was a black breasted red with red eyes and a willow green leg, and this cock was used to breed a yard of hens which Dudley had raised from the McDougal-Cork Irish mating. Dudley lost the Mahoney Gull cock after breeding him the first year but later on used two of his sons as brood cocks over some of his older hens and from those crosses there came some wheaten colored pullets and some stags that were black-reds and looked very much like the old original Mahoney Gull cock. Dudley figured he had made a mistake in making the cross because so many of the yougsters came lighter colored than either the Huddleston or McDougal fowl, and from the very beginning Dudley admired these birds that came of even color, then on the other hand whenever Dudley fought one of the lighter colored stags which now onley contained 1/4 of the Mahoney Gull blood, they always proved terrific hitters and hard fighters so Dudley bred them and kept them in with the rest. Only a small amount of the Gull blood was in Pierce's fowl, nevertheless, it was sufficient and strong enough to produce many throwbacks, like or very near like the old Mahoney Gull cock, and these throwbacks are the fowl Pierce call his "Cottontails" because the stags are black-reds in color, usually having red eyes and green or bluish colored legs and show a large tuft of soft, fluffy white feathers at the base of their tail, while the pullets and hens are sort of dark black-reds usually showing brown or what Dudley called robin breasts.

Post Thanks / Like

nice info man! thats a long story very educative...... keep it commin
    no/1

Post Thanks / Like

We Still Using Them They Are Cross With Sweaters And Ylh - We Got A Hign Percentage Winning - We Keep Them Since Year 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TigersGate
    Hello everyone. I aquired a couple of black shuffler pullets last year. Does anyone have information on this bloodline. The orgin, there fighting style. What mating would go good with them. Any information you guys can give me will be appricated. Thanks.

if you need this shufflers for p.i. i do have plenty to share...they are pierce wisconsin shuffler that i got originally from hard hat in oklahoma6 yrs. ago...

Post Thanks / Like

Good day sirs. can anyone post some pics? average weight? fighting style? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Black Shuffler

I've Been Hearing Black Shuffler But I Never Seen One Can Any Body Share There A Picture Of There Black Shuffler And Do They Really Shuffle?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Shuffler

and do they got mad shuffles