Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannabis and alcohol in the keep

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cannabis and alcohol in the keep

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post
    Cannabis and Alcohol are not considered PEDs (Performance Enhancing Drugs). In MAINSTREAM sports, they do not allow them to compete, but NO BAN.

I would actually classify Cannabis as a DED (Deterioration Enhancement Drug) and Alcohol as a DED as well, (Dumb Enhancement Drug).

Cannabis makes you Lethargic and Peaceful. Not good for a fighting sport (watching TV / Sex; good!). Alcohol makes you dumb and stupid and immature. Also not good for a fighting sport.

I'd rather fight a "drunk" or a "stoned" rooster , wouldn't you?

So drink all you want and smoke bowls all you want, just don't give them to the chickens and don't be under the influence of them during your feeding and fighting schedule.

Your choice.

My best advise is to TRY IT OUT. And let us know

Regards.
    There's the voice of reason................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BackNBlack View Post
    It's not hard to Google the benifits of the Cannabis plant.

I've been reading about the use of seed and oil on other message boards and for the most part it has been serious intelligent conversation from people with experience.

The seed hasn't been legally obtainable for very long. Maybe most folks just don't have the experience yet.

We have some very inteligent minds here. Can't we talk about the benifits of cannabis and roosters and leave the getting high part out?

Just a note, THC will NOT get you high (or cause you to fail a drug test) absorbed threw the skin. But there can be posative benefits from Cannabis.
    Believe it or not!

We need to get past the "Refer Madness"!
    The ignorance is comparable to me trying to explain why I love these Roosters to my wife!
    She's not ignorant, she just don't know....
    LOL
    Completly agree, lets include hemp as well, hemp seeds are considered a super food maybe someone has experience with this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post
    Cannabis and Alcohol are not considered PEDs (Performance Enhancing Drugs). In MAINSTREAM sports, they do not allow them to compete, but NO BAN.

I would actually classify Cannabis as a DED (Deterioration Enhancement Drug) and Alcohol as a DED as well, (Dumb Enhancement Drug).

Cannabis makes you Lethargic and Peaceful. Not good for a fighting sport (watching TV / Sex; good!). Alcohol makes you dumb and stupid and immature. Also not good for a fighting sport.

I'd rather fight a "drunk" or a "stoned" rooster , wouldn't you?

So drink all you want and smoke bowls all you want, just don't give them to the chickens and don't be under the influence of them during your feeding and fighting schedule.

Your choice.

My best advise is to TRY IT OUT. And let us know

Regards.
    I see your point but lets see it a bit diferently, 1st i wouldnt give my fowl weed right before the fight, 2nd i also dont give alcohol to my fowl, if you read the first post i use alcohol and cannabis for massaging, i use it the days after i spar and i also use it 3 days before the fight to get them loose, yes they will be less active which is exactly what i want when im blacking them out so they can rest, they will be relaxed and building energy and not all strung up and nervous, you can do this how ever you like, this is the way i do it as of now.

Sent from my SM-J320M using Tapatalk

4. Thanks spanky81 thanked for this post
    Likes spanky81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gato_peludo View Post
    Completly agree, lets include hemp as well, hemp seeds are considered a super food maybe someone has experience with this
    Any plants are only as good as the soil they come from. Now i agree there are many benefits of weed for middle aged and elderly humans or sick people.
    2-3 year old cock ia like a 20 year old. Could be helpful for 10 year cocks with arthritis.
    People in general are always looking for shortcuts. There are no shortcuts for being respondsible & hard working & educating yourself. Magic pills don't exist, though we've been conditioned by the pharmaceutical industry to think so.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; October 27th, 2016 at 11:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Any plants are only as good as the soil they come from. Now i agree there are many benefits of weed for middle aged and elderly humans or sick people.
    2-3 year old cock ia like a 20 year old. Could be helpful for 10 year cocks with arthritis.
    People in general are always looking for shortcuts. There are no shortcuts for being respondsible & hard working & educating yourself. Magic pills don't exist, though we've been conditioned by the pharmaceutical industry to think so.
    Thats exactly why i started this thread to educate myself because there was no other thread that dicused this, this is just a tiny step of my keep that i wanted to see pros and cons from other ppls point of view, i dont want shortcuts nor magic pills idk where you get all this from, all i want is smart imput on this but i guess not everyone can keep and open mind

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.purehealingfoods.com/hempHeartsAnalysis.php

Sent from my SM-J320M using Tapatalk

8. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes Bigmeal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats exactly why i started this thread to educate myself because there was no other thread that dicused this, this is just a tiny step of my keep that i wanted to see pros and cons from other ppls point of view, i dont want shortcuts nor magic pills idk where you get all this from, all i want is smart imput on this but i guess not everyone can keep and open mind
    Open mind is good but there are no short cuts in this game to well bred fowl. I know. Ive tried it all. You cant feed a donkey into a race horse and you can feed an above average bird into an ace.
    Take my input or leave It. Im not paying your feed bill. Makes no difference to me.

10. Likes irisheyes485, FIRE-RITE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like im just doing circles answering your posts, you come back to the same argument that is irrelvant, i dont disagree with what you said it just has nothing to so with this thread so ill ignore your imput and thanks for your thoughts, btw im pretty sure you havent tried it all try not to sound so ignorant

12. Thanks hugoboss thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like im just doing circles answering your posts, you come back to the same argument that is irrelvant, i dont disagree with what you said it just has nothing to so with this thread so ill ignore your imput and thanks for your thoughts, btw im pretty sure you havent tried it all try not to sound so ignorant
    No arguement here. Just personal experience. If you understand and have no arguement with what I say why keep coming to the same point? Makes no sense unless you plan on selling something in the future or insecure with your points. Either way. It's not a problem for me. Good luck buddy.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; October 28th, 2016 at 01:55 AM.

14. Likes gato_peludo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

when i done what i did they were no longer under the influence of what i did.i only used it long enough to get them back up to were i wanted them.i left out the worming the b-12 and b-15 complex the gnc weight gainer and muscle builder ect.....

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting discussion. To be honest, I haven't heard about using cannabis and alcohol for such a purpose. Having found out all opinions, I won't do this way for sure. Being a former alcoholic, I try to avoid dealing with it in any way. Speaking about cannabis, I saw and talked to people who were addicited to it at addictionresource free drug rehabilitation center. Having listened to their stories and seen their condition, I know that I can't make any creature feel like this, even if it concerns birds.

Post Thanks / Like

I use alcohol during every keep. Tried cannabis years ago but did not seem to add the spunk alcohol does so got away from that. I usually use a 6 pack every couple days or so. It makes working the roosters which is getting all natural stuff fun. Especially if couple friends over to bs.

18. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Witchhazel or make a mixture of rubbing alcohol,Epsom salt & water

Post Thanks / Like

as I said years ago in this same thread I like to use witchhazel during the keep but 3 days before show I've been using a stock solution of marijuana and alcohol (plus a few other things. I wet a sponge and then rub them good below their wings and their thighs.
    I got the recipe and instructions from a well known mexican feeder

Post Thanks / Like

When my dad first started with chickens he had an old man named George Tomlinson conditioning the chickens. That ol guy was about 75 and he could work the heck out of a chicken. Flys,tail pulling and he gave them rubdowns. Never seen him run any. Strongest chickens I ever seen. Could not always cut but they were strong enough to break bones. When he got through and were watching them eat in scratch pens, he would sit and smoke (filterless cigs he rolled) and drink cheap beer. Little ones roamed the yard and one time the runt stag out of a bunch of young stags would sneak up and drink out of his beer can. George would get to where he would hold the can and the stag would drink out of it. 4 or 5 good drinks and that runt would go and try and whip all the other stags that would fight him, funniest crap I ever saw. Staggering drunk stag fighting some almost twice his size. We named that stag George after the old man and he won about 4 times before his fateful day he met a hatch/claret that ended his drinking days forever. Those were the days.

22. Thanks Hoghunter, Bigmeal, LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes Hoghunter, roostercm, Munderf, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mixing alcohol and cannabis calls “Crossfading” . It means getting high and drunk at the same time—can be a risky proposition. There are numerous physiological reactions that occur when alcohol and cannabis go together, especially in large quantities, one of which is alcohol’s effect on your circulation, which in turn can increase your body’s ability to take in THC. If you read CBD reviews , you will find it is not recommended to mix it with alcohol either

Post Thanks / Like

i don't think they're referring to alcohol as in bourbon or whiskey/tequila etc.....it's rubbing alcohol usually the green kind some folks add the weed to it and let it ferment which is supposed to be a relaxer after table work usually sprayed under wings on feet and thighs. Also to wipe their faces with a sponge. trust me I've been crossfaed many time lol..but anyone with common sense knows that actual drinking alchohol hell you've got to be a not so bright person to try that one. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by davidbarker805 View Post
    Mixing alcohol and cannabis calls “Crossfading” . It means getting high and drunk at the same time—can be a risky proposition. There are numerous physiological reactions that occur when alcohol and cannabis go together, especially in large quantities, one of which is alcohol’s effect on your circulation, which in turn can increase your body’s ability to take in THC. If you read CBD reviews , you will find it is not recommended to mix it with alcohol either