Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best hatch blood???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: best hatch blood???

Here we are again with "the best ______?"

i'm really fed up with this question. the best bird is the one that is taken care off 365 days a year ... 24/7 period. And i stand to be corrected. Enough with this "the best ______". Strains are just preference, if you do not take care of them they can't/ will not win. All of the strains have weakness, the real challenge is can you live up with the strains weakness and will take time to improve their weakness. i've seen a lot of good family of fowl that is ruined because of lack of patience and knowledge (on how to take care of the bird) of the breeder. Sometimes the only way to improve is to cross them, look for a family of fowl that will compliment their weakness (best example is a whitehackle type X Roundhead type), don't cross or infuse something just becauase you just heard its the "in" thing or you dan sell it at a high price (here in the philippines peruvians are the best example of that). A good family of fowl can be fought pure.

If you acquire a hatch from a well known breeder/fighter that is known for that particular strain, you may not have the same result if you don't know how to take care of them. If you acquire a strain, ask the breeder on how to take care of them and ask its weakness then improve it. Almost all of the chicken man here will have a different opinion of which one is the best but honestly all of that "hatch" are working because they took time to take care of it. a good "unknown" bird can beat a fancy named bird if the "unknown" bird is well takn care off. This "best _______" is non sense.

e.g. If peter and paul bought a pair of hatch from the same breeder and their broodcocks are brothers and their broodhens are sisters, the one who take time to take care of their birds will have a better hatch. But i can show where to find a good hatch, if you take time to take care of any decnt family of hatch.. The its already on your yard. My 2 cents.
    Last edited by whitehackle223; January 13th, 2017 at 01:06 AM.

2. Thanks sinapangan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whitehackle223 View Post

i'm really fed up with this question. the best bird is the one that is taken care off 365 days a year ... 24/7 period. And i stand to be corrected. Enough with this "the best ______". Strains are just preference, if you do not take care of them they can't/ will not win. All of the strains have weakness, the real challenge is can you live up with the strains weakness and will take time to improve their weakness. i've seen a lot of good family of fowl that is ruined because of lack of patience and knowledge (on how to take care of the bird) of the breeder. Sometimes the only way to improve is to cross them, look for a family of fowl that will compliment their weakness (best example is a whitehackle type X Roundhead type), don't cross or infuse something just becauase you just heard its the "in" thing or you dan sell it at a high price (here in the philippines peruvians are the best example of that). A good family of fowl can be fought pure.

If you acquire a hatch from a well known breeder/fighter that is known for that particular strain, you may not have the same result if you don't know how to take care of them. If you acquire a strain, ask the breeder on how to take care of them and ask its weakness then improve it. Almost all of the chicken man here will have a different opinion of which one is the best but honestly all of that "hatch" are working because they took time to take care of it. a good "unknown" bird can beat a fancy named bird if the "unknown" bird is well takn care off. This "best _______" is non sense.

e.g. If peter and paul bought a pair of hatch from the same breeder and their broodcocks are brothers and their broodhens are sisters, the one who take time to take care of their birds will have a better hatch. But i can show where to find a good hatch, if you take time to take care of any decnt family of hatch.. The its already on your yard. My 2 cents.
    Amen!! My thoughts exactly.

4. Likes river city reds liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Del tell more about your hatchs. What is the base blood line? And how did they do back in the day? And can you post a pic with the storie. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Dont get so sad man it's just a thread post what you think is the best hatch in your eyes...

Post Thanks / Like

The "Best" hatch blood should be game with power and bottom to spare. Those 3 things come first to my mind when I hear Hatch. Any cocker worth his salt thinks he feeds the Best~jmo.

JLF

Who has the best whitehackles?????????

9. Likes Brettjern, TopNotchfarms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The best hatch I infused with my Alakdan Kelso and RH is the Blueface Hatch from my friend. Great bone structures, powerful with bottom, eagerness to fight to death in any angle and situations. My friend fight his Blueface even without outside blood.

Post Thanks / Like

Video courtesy of Vizzard and Tazzi.

12. Thanks vizzard n tassl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sig1911 View Post
    Video courtesy of Vizzard and Tazzi.

The best hatch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

let it snow, let em crow, let them ALL crow. nice dark GLH. Does the hen crowing lay eggs? could this phenomena be polar opposite of pms?..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vizzard n tassl View Post
    The best hatch

Great video man she looks nice with a rooster attitude throw a cock in there... she wil probly lay him out lol
    Last edited by TopNotchfarms; January 13th, 2017 at 06:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopNotchfarms View Post
    Great video man she looks nice with a rooster attitude throw a cock in there... she wil probly lay him out lol
    These hens are testy to the cocks to her mom I'm holding outside the pen got into it with a cock and broke her leg I have four hatch hens that crow like this one they even crow in my hands when moving them around

Post Thanks / Like

These hens are testy to the cocks to her mom I'm holding outside the pen got into it with a cock and broke her leg I have four hatch hens that crow like this one they even crow in my hands when moving them around

Are they Blueface hatches? Nice hatches you got there.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they Blueface hatches? Nice hatches you got there.
    These are the Blackwell hatch my mentor and hack and Blackwell bread together

20. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These are the Blackwell hatch my mentor and hack and Blackwell bread together

Stone County of Mr. T. Clark breeds the same hatches. Those Blackwell hatches are good.

Post Thanks / Like

Stone County of Mr. T. Clark breeds the same hatches. Those Blackwell hatches are good.
    Are they the base line or the ones they crossed to fight there's a big difference in the too ask hack he knows the difference

23. Likes LJ15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Poindexter Hatch blood is the best I've ever seen... My father-n-law & Roger Brooks used to feed a few shows a year for Mr Poindexter when his health went downhill... They were as strong, incredibly game & were deadly cutters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rojo's gamefarm View Post
    im thinking of going with another hatch blood, what would you guys recommend? i have leipers and gavilans was considering mcleans.....please give all your opinions! mainly sk
    you may consider adding the blue legged sue wilsons in your arsenal...maybe not as flashy, but even for the sk, i think they are still a cut above the rest...

Post Thanks / Like

excuse me gentlemen but, who do you know here in the states that have the straight combed mcleans or bluefaces? Thanks for the feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopNotchfarms View Post
    Dont get so sad man it's just a thread post what you think is the best hatch in your eyes...
    I prefer duke hulsey "smutty" line or heinie mathesius "two gun kelley" line ��

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLF View Post
    Who has the best whitehackles?????????
    Gerald Trombley of upstate NY bar none!

29. Likes madmex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Penny's if u can get the good onez....

Post Thanks / Like

Penny's if you can get the good onez....

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget a good LINE of gerrard hatch they can get salty with the best!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I still had the old Big Ben hatches they were as good as i ever had or seen.

34. Likes Quapaw Kid liked this post